Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 18, 2022 8:29 AM

Nov 2011
The art of using spear as a weapon of war is never to be underestimate in a show like this. It's scary to see on the battlefield tbh.

We got another intense episode of not just fighting but also emotions. Men fighting like men while there's expression of tears and shock all around. What an epsiode.
Jun 18, 2022 1:12 PM
Jul 2021
This arc in general has given Ou hon some needed character depth, making him seem more than a smug rival to Xin. This episode in particular reminded me of that.
In this episode there was a scene where Xin was fighting, and it looked like it was sped up to a comical speed.
Jun 18, 2022 1:31 PM
Community Mod
Peacemaker

Jan 2017
Wang Ben really showed off what makes him such a strong spearman in this episode and proved what advantages that drilled in training can result in compared to self taught methods. I really liked the fact the his victory made sense narratively instead of just the usual believing in yourself power boost that usually happens. He focused on both his strengths and the enemies weaknesses to give himself a chance of victory, and it paid off. Meanwhile, Xin and his opponent were just having a normal power brawl, haha. I can't wait to see what surprise strategy Diao unleashes in the next episode to turn the tide of the battle.
Jun 18, 2022 1:37 PM

May 2017
I love when a villain can make you shed a tear when dying. What a good writing!
Meh...
Jun 18, 2022 7:06 PM
Feb 2021
I felt sorry for Zi, but I'm glad he's dead. Great writing to not let his backstory take over the entire arc. Xin force has me feeling nervous!
Jun 18, 2022 8:44 PM
Mar 2015
Zi dies because he has nothing to live for and everything to die for
Jun 18, 2022 11:34 PM

Jul 2008
Holy crap Wang Ban got him.
Jun 19, 2022 2:24 AM

Oct 2014
The thing I love most is that this season is bloody.

Last season when Chou Tou killed Sei Kai, Chou Tou cleaved Sei Kai's head in half. But in anime it was like a bonk.

So I was looking forward to the scene where Ou Hon finally pierced Shi's heart, and I guess it was satisfying.
Jun 19, 2022 11:35 AM
Sep 2014
ThePoetKiller said:
The thing I love most is that this season is bloody.

Last season when Chou Tou killed Sei Kai, Chou Tou cleaved Sei Kai's head in half. But in anime it was like a bonk.

So I was looking forward to the scene where Ou Hon finally pierced Shi's heart, and I guess it was satisfying.

yep its's a good improvment
i hope next season become more bloody

Jun 19, 2022 6:36 PM

Oct 2015
I guess Wang Ben Did Zi Bai a huge favor by putting him out of his misery, he was a walking corpse anyways. What a heartbreaking backstory.

R.I.P
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Jun 20, 2022 7:14 AM

Feb 2012
That was a great fight but Earl Shi would have won if he fought with some defense. He just didn't care anymore.
Jul 2, 2022 2:46 PM

Mar 2010
I can't say i'm impressed but I was wondering what they would do to make the spear lad win. I gotta say twas melodramatic. Hmm now I wonder how they will make xin survive through plot armor.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Aug 13, 2022 6:58 AM

Apr 2018
It still feels underwhelming that Ou Hon managed to defeat Earl Shin with all his wounds. Just because he found out his vital points which he ALSO has. Anyway, Shin's right flank is going straight to the main unit and are probably going to meet up with the rest while Shin's unit is getting fucked. Not sure how they're gonna survive against 20k man.

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Oct 26, 2022 2:12 PM
Dec 2019
That was a big step for Ben because now he's better than the best spearman of the Fire Dragons of Wei. Hopefully Xin will do something great to get recognized.
Nov 9, 2022 3:17 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Ben did it!!! kekeke
Nov 13, 2022 6:34 AM

Jul 2013
Isn't Zi Bai in prison in the last 14 years and not one of these soldiers of him knew that cause everyone save a few people from Wei thought all fire dragons were all dead? So why do they care about him so much? I bet almost everyone of them met him for the first time a few days ago before this fight. Also, I like the fact that they're showing Wang Ben working hard to get where he is now cause it would stink if he's just strong for the sake of his rivalry with Xin.
Jun 3, 2023 1:10 PM

Nov 2010
Zi Jige should've lied to Tai Luci and waited for Zi Yong to arrive. He was on his way and was already deadset on taking her away anyway. She should've focused on staying alive. Dying from pride is one of the most worthless deaths ever.
Good spear battle. However, I'm not convinced of Wang Ben's victory. A skill learned from the battlefield through killing countless enemies is far superior to learning it in a dojo. Zi Yong could've killed Ben many times, but his plot armor is too thick.
Aug 20, 2023 4:08 PM

Dec 2007
this episode would be better if it wasn't for the slow pace of the first half.

first of all, why did they retold again chi-haku backstory? felt pointless.
still though, this all background made chi-haku and hen battle rather interesting. wonderful case of where i felt for chi-haku rather than hon. still, this "feel" for him is misplaced, since he actually wanted to be killed. while i felt that hon just sacrificed lots of blood to achieve his victory.
so yeah, it kinda succeeded in managing his backstory to a character that's going to be dead, because that's what he wants to be. but all this development felt more like a filler story. i certainly won't remember chi-haku as i won't remember the soldier next to him.

as a matter of fact, i wanted more to see shin battle. which didn't disappointed.
dan went well with escaping part of the fey forces to the main wei army, but what about shin's party?
to the next episode!
User-NameAug 20, 2023 4:11 PM

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kingdom 4th Season Episode 26 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 1, 2022

49 by YUKIOKUN123 »»
Mar 11, 1:23 AM

Poll: » Kingdom 4th Season Episode 1 Discussion

Stark700 - Apr 9, 2022

42 by YUKIOKUN123 »»
Mar 11, 1:21 AM

Poll: » Kingdom 4th Season Episode 23 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 10, 2022

42 by Vandesdelca »»
Feb 23, 4:50 PM

Poll: » Kingdom 4th Season Episode 20 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 20, 2022

31 by GakutoDeathGlare »»
Feb 11, 10:42 PM

Poll: » Kingdom 4th Season Episode 14 Discussion

Stark700 - Jul 9, 2022

24 by GakutoDeathGlare »»
Feb 11, 3:23 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.