Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »
May 28, 2022 7:08 PM

Jun 2021
Fun fact: This isn't the first time Kensho Ono has played a character named Yuri. He played Yuri in Yu-Gi-Oh! ARC-V. I can see a lot of that role in this Yuri. While the characters are very different, they both have this style, where they can be breezy and soft-spoken despite the terror they instill in others. A lot of the cadence from his old role comes from experience, I think.

I've been following Ono's career since ARC-V. It's great seeing working with material he excels with.
May 28, 2022 7:13 PM

Jul 2016
So Yuri is part of the secret police, huh? Yeah... kinda hard to empathize with his character given the implications of his "job" but we will see.

Overall, it was another good episode but not gonna lie, Yuri is kinda annoying with all the siscon stuff.

By the way, Yor is such a maiden lol. You kill people since you were 13 or something but can't give daddy Loid a kiss? Come on.
May 28, 2022 7:53 PM

Apr 2020
Wow Yuri is a sticky gum, loves to be chewed by her sister's luscious face...take it as it is.

This guy is Loid's biggest threat so far, and is definitely the definition of a sis-con. Also Yor is bloody everytime she goes home which is so funny, but hey she really loves young Yuri so much, I'll let it slide.

I wonder how much sweetness does our couple need to make in order to scare off Yuri and accept them both as "married couples".
May 28, 2022 8:16 PM
Sep 2018
Yuri is really a Siscon that isn't really creepy, he's just like a puppy to her sister that he loves very much and he just want to protect her. Loid (or LOTTIE) really read the Spy Manga for Anya to reiterate for studying and he's really a great dad. However that cliffhanger really bummed me out there, but that is needed for the next episode for better story continuity.

LOI LOI or LOTTIE!!!!
You Decide..
May 28, 2022 9:05 PM
Dec 2019
Joey-XD19202 said:
Another week, another banger of an episode
Episode 8, and we finally get to see Yuri, Yor’s younger brother. The National Security Agency is cracking down on spies. Oh NO!!

Yuri can’t compete with the greatest spy in the West after all

Yuri looks at Yor with the highest rose-tinted glasses I have ever seen.

AYO, He’s calling every single romance anime or manga to ever exist. 95% at most.

Except for the married part of course

Yuri represents every single weeb watching this anime right now.

One word to describe this episode would be irony. More specifically in two words, dramatic irony.

Absolutely correct and this was the first episode that I laughed out loud because Yor's brother of all people calling out the trope is hilarious. It is confirm that is the kind of old school comedy that I like were the situation gets slowly more absurd overtime so the hijinks become funnier and funnier. A+ episode.
May 28, 2022 9:41 PM
Mar 2015
Yuri is a nasty guy but a lousy drunk
May 28, 2022 9:48 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Ania learn math with spy cartoon. Why am i not expecting that? Though, not much of Ania this time around, except a little expression in an earlier stage she got, which honestly a bit of sad to me.

But Yuri appearance so far hold some interesting dynamic conversation with the Forger family. Bruh brought such a huge rose bouquet to his sistah, a good wine which he himself drank, and then ordered them to kiss. Ah yes, Yuri, asking every people's dream and honestly its good that he drunken himself. Everything shall be fine at the end of the night. Don't worry much about that, Loidi, and especially to Yori. So kiss already!

Anyway, Yor really already murdered people since young? Oh shii, her first target shall be proud about that~
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
May 28, 2022 9:55 PM
Jul 2021
JuveOnechan said:
kataneer said:
Child assassin that kills people to buy a book for her brother?
Hilarious theme for a comedy, thanks

Mediocre episode for me overall. Previous 3 were much funnier

halah julid kontol

Kasih paham dia bos
May 28, 2022 10:01 PM

Jan 2019
To my mind, this was the weakest episode yet.

I worry the Anya is bad at school bit might be a bit stale by the end of the season, though I'm glad her spy anime provides her some reference.

Love that we're finally seeing Yuri, and he's... a lot...

The real difficult part for me was the presence of the, "Kiss if you're really in love," trope, and, what's worse, from the preview, it looks like that kiss won't happen either. I had really enjoyed that we had avoided many of those classic gags throughout this show thus far.

Obviously this doesn't mean this is a bad show. Far from it! One of the best of this year. Just probably won't be in the 10/10 range for me personally anymore.

Though if we get more about child Yor killing people as a part time job... I might change my mind lol.
May 28, 2022 10:03 PM
Jan 2016
Hahaha, it's so funny that Yuri is a Siscon with Sasuke's vibe, but yeah if I had a person that sacrifice soo much for me, I'll gladly do my best to protect them. I think that's not overprotective, but yeah is it wrong for becoming a picky person for the one that you really love and care about?
May 28, 2022 11:17 PM

Mar 2012
Yuri's switch when the job needs to get done was such.... the soundtrack during the interrogation, Ono Kensho's voice, the change in his look. So good

I forgot to turn over these important documents about the person of interest = I forgot to tell my brother that I'm already married 'for a year'

Yuri happily skipping and then "My ribs, which my sister broke in the past, are aching" I cannot believe this was referenced lol. Again, Ono Kensho's voice changes are so fun throughout the 2nd part of the episode. Loid realizing that Yuri is lying about his job/business trip because of the Q&A protocol ohhhh

That cliffhanger ajsdkaksajk what is going to happen I am so tempted to go read just that part of the manga right now

also hello what is this
Otamegane0988May 28, 2022 11:29 PM
May 28, 2022 11:23 PM

Jan 2020
Yuri is alright imo. Certainly not my favorite character in the series so far.

But I do like the interactions with Loid lol

May 29, 2022 12:06 AM
Jul 2018
That cliffhanger was brutal but great episode nonetheless, this is the kind of episode that I have been waiting for! 😍

I can't decide if Yuri is cute, scary or both at the same time. 😆
May 29, 2022 12:27 AM

Oct 2014
Wow. Its amazing Yor is still pure despite her age.

Looks like she is developing real romantic feelings for Loid. I mean, the way she blushes when Yor tells Yuri that he loves her, thats the kind of face a pure maiden make if theyre in love.

Good episode. But still, the avg score of this anime is unreal lol.
May 29, 2022 1:39 AM

Apr 2015
There were a lot of reference to my country, Hungary. For example, the country Yuri visited was Hugaria, and the country name is Hungary. The capital city is Obda, which is a part of the real capital city, Budapest, and Obda refers to Óbuda. There was the restaurant, Kalpatia, which was a real restaurant since 1876, and the real word is ,,Kárpátia". Oh and also, the wine, which is from Tokar, but irl it's called Tokaj, and it's one of the best wine region in my country, I hope you found that interesting:)
May 29, 2022 2:57 AM
Jan 2021
next episode Yuri's putting Loid in a Genjutsu 😂
May 29, 2022 3:17 AM

May 2021
Great ep,Yuri's intro was good and the (kinda) psychological conflict between him and twilight was great
May 29, 2022 3:38 AM
Jul 2021
wasn't there a panel with Yor making a move on Loid that was gonna be animated here or did I just get tricked by some fanart?
May 29, 2022 3:39 AM

Jan 2014
Damn if they ended it on a cliffhanger then its quite probable that they won't actually kiss :(
I bet that either Yuri or Anya will interrupt them.
May 29, 2022 3:40 AM

Jan 2014
Radusili said:
wasn't there a panel with Yor making a move on Loid that was gonna be animated here or did I just get tricked by some fanart?

I think I know what you mean and I hope it was cannon, not some fan art since I would like to see it "in motion"
May 29, 2022 3:43 AM

Jan 2014
Amnestix said:
There were a lot of reference to my country, Hungary. For example, the country Yuri visited was Hugaria, and the country name is Hungary. The capital city is Obda, which is a part of the real capital city, Budapest, and Obda refers to Óbuda. There was the restaurant, Kalpatia, which was a real restaurant since 1876, and the real word is ,,Kárpátia". Oh and also, the wine, which is from Tokar, but irl it's called Tokaj, and it's one of the best wine region in my country, I hope you found that interesting:)

Man, I got that Hungary reference but even the restaurant is real? Now that exceeded my expectations.
May 29, 2022 3:54 AM

Apr 2015
Anlex said:
Amnestix said:

Man, I got that Hungary reference but even the restaurant is real? Now that exceeded my expectations.

Yea haha, it made me smile a lot, didn't expect that, homework's well done, these very small details are breathtaking
May 29, 2022 4:48 AM

Jul 2016
Anlex said:
Damn if they ended it on a cliffhanger then its quite probable that they won't actually kiss :(
I bet that either Yuri or Anya will interrupt them.

Oh I bet they kiss. But alot will happen before that.
May 29, 2022 5:32 AM
Mar 2021
my question is who taught Anya what "flirting" is we heard it twice now 🤣🤣🤣🤣
May 29, 2022 5:44 AM

Jun 2020
Finally here comes Yuri the siscon brother that just cares for his sister

Anya quite said "-_-" very precisely while casually getting a wrong answer in math how relatable, Scary how Yuri to this day still feels the broken ribs that Yor did basically scarred him for the rest of his life

This Yuri guy is good at being drunk it is, and got read like an old dusted book, hilarious that Yor just brushes her job at the past while coming back home like in some kind of accident, one slip up and a big mistake could've happened, So that's where Anya got her shocked looks right after Yor's, now KISS, of course a cliffhanger I'll never forgive the Japanese.
May 29, 2022 6:03 AM

Jun 2016
wtf this episode so hillarious !!!

Yor reaction's super cuteee !!
May 29, 2022 6:21 AM
Nov 2020
I would really like to know the reasons why some people choose "it was ok" or "I hated it" among the episode feedbacks! I understand that everyone has their own tastes but, since I always read extremely positive opinions among the comments, I would also be curious to know more about what they didn't like 😏 seen this way, they just give me the idea of ​​being haters.
May 29, 2022 8:51 AM

Jan 2017
Every scene Yuri is in makes the whole atmosphere tense, makes sense why he got drafted into the Secret Police

hilarious how each person in this "family" got something to hide besides Mrs Peanuts
May 29, 2022 9:23 AM
Jun 2020
StregAnna77 said:
I would really like to know the reasons why some people choose "it was ok" or "I hated it" among the episode feedbacks! I understand that everyone has their own tastes but, since I always read extremely positive opinions among the comments, I would also be curious to know more about what they didn't like 😏 seen this way, they just give me the idea of ​​being haters.

I want to know too, maybe because of the cliffhanger? since I've seen a lot of complaints about that.
May 29, 2022 11:48 AM

Feb 2014
Yuri is virtually no different to his older sister, then. Gentle and kind at first, then when it comes to their main jobs, both of them can be insanely intimidating and ruthless.

No wonder he has doubts about Loid and whether he's the right man to marry Yor, so Yuri visiting them both felt like an interrogation between Yuri and Loid. Despite Yuri's attempts, Loid sees through it all, question after question. Eventually, we get to learn that Yuri, just like with Yor, gets drunk super easily when he had a bit of a meltdown.

Despite that, it was amusing to see him bombarding Loid and Yor at every interaction they were doing together. Since he wasn't convinced, he ordered them both to kiss each other, which was where the episode ended. Curse you, cliffhanger!!! XD

Nice episode overall and if there's one thing we learned from this episode, is that Anya can learn her maths better from her favourite spy cartoon than at her own school. Stay strong, Anya!
May 29, 2022 11:57 AM

Jul 2014
Yep, Yuri still sucks just as he does in the manga. His siscon is not only not funny, but is also outright insulting when his sister is a grown woman and not a teenager like is usually the case where these siscon characters come up. As such, another weak episode.

Also, I hope no one is naive enough to actually believe that the "cliffhanger" will end with them actually kissing. No, we all know how this goes: they'll cop out of it somehow, as they always do in scenarios like this.
AtavisticMay 29, 2022 12:00 PM
May 29, 2022 1:12 PM

Nov 2017
I think Yuri is only half-siscon, because I think is there anyone who doesn't love his own brother/sister?, because Yuri and Yor have to live independently, and Yuri should think that he has to make Yor happy, because Yor is the last family for him.
May 29, 2022 1:31 PM
Aug 2021
this episode is hilarious also yuri is a funny siscon.
May 29, 2022 1:32 PM
Aug 2021
also this is most waku waku moment so far
May 29, 2022 2:54 PM

May 2018
JuveOnechan said:
Usotsuki,Lottie!
-Yuri Briar

(Yuri licking Loid's cheek) "This taste is the taste of a liar, Loid Forger!"

May 29, 2022 3:19 PM
Jun 2020
I have a question. Loid who is known as an incredible spy was able to figure out yuri identity quickly, yet he doesn't suspect yor despite there being a hint of her being an assassin, which is her unusual physical strength (along with other hints that loid should have noticed), why can't he figure out her true identity? or at least have suspicions about her?
May 29, 2022 4:06 PM
May 2022
(manga spoiler ig)i hate that they still pretending as a couple,i know they need both to fall in love and need a development as friends and then couple ig but as a manga reader i am,they still pretending after 62 chapters bro,when they realize that they are enemies and that it was all for a mission...omg
May 29, 2022 4:58 PM

Oct 2016
I was a bit concerned regarding how I'd feel about Yuri because of his sister complex, but he's actually hilarious xD
May 29, 2022 5:06 PM

Nov 2021
Oh, so Yuri finally steps in huh...yay

Easily the worst character for me, his obsession annoyed me so much

Otherwise i love the adaptation, Anya makes the best faces
May 29, 2022 6:03 PM
Sep 2021
This episode is very entertaining. The intoduction of Yuri character is so good and the fact that he's trying to hunt tasogare makes the plot even better. At first, i didn't expect that Loid can identify Yuri's actual profession as secret police. But i remember that tasogare is perhaps the best spy in westalis, so it's not impossible to do background check with everyone related to yor and his mission. Of course, with help from franky. Overall it's a great episode. I will give it 10 out of 10. Cant wait for the kiss in the next episode lol
May 29, 2022 7:03 PM
Mar 2019
Seems like every main character is leading a double life, what's the odds of that??
Why is a simple Kiss in Anime seems like it's the worst thing ever? these are grown up Adults acting like children.
Has Loid never Kissed anyone while doing his job?? i'm sure it would have come up at least once.
May 29, 2022 8:08 PM

Oct 2015
That a cliff-hanger if I ever see one. Fun episode with more focus on other characters.
May 29, 2022 8:46 PM
Jul 2018
KISS!! Next episode!

Anya fell asleep and failed to welcome her ucle, sad
May 29, 2022 9:31 PM

Aug 2011
AHAHAHAHA OF COURSE IF SOMEONE ASKS TO KISS IT'S GOING TO BE HER BROTHER TO ASK LOL

OH MAN SO MANY JUICY SECRETS INTERTWINING
May 30, 2022 3:14 AM

Jan 2011
Not one of my favorites, but really nice episode.
I just love that Yuri easily accepted the fact that Yor forgot to tell him about the marriage for "1 year". And Yuri, you're the only one using the name "Lottie" rsrsrsr

But something that always bothered me in the manga too: I can't imagine Yuri being the siscon guy he is pressuring Yor about marriage like in the 2nd episode, in my mind he would be overprotective and against any guy that approaches Yor.
May 30, 2022 10:04 AM

Apr 2019
oh boy its all coming together.

Maybe watching, maybe reading, probably living
May 30, 2022 1:13 PM
Jan 2021
Spy family really exceeds my expectation every episode. It was again a very funny scenario with her brother. But I have question: Does Yors brother know that she's killer?
May 30, 2022 2:34 PM

Jun 2015
Very bad timing to end the episode. Very bad!
If you are going to disagree with me, don't bother talking to me. I will seriously hurt you!
May 30, 2022 3:12 PM
Nov 2014
I haven't read the manga, but I'm going to bet that Anya wakes up and comes out into the living room just as they're about to kiss and prevents the whole thing from happening.
May 30, 2022 6:00 PM

May 2021
man the monologues were awful, the whole character of yuri was an infodump lmao

Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Spy x Family Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 30, 2022

402 by Fenc »»
Apr 24, 11:13 AM

Poll: » Spy x Family Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 25, 2022

490 by Aleesaa »»
Apr 22, 12:16 AM

Poll: » Spy x Family Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 11, 2022

320 by boumboumboum »»
Apr 9, 5:52 PM

Poll: » Spy x Family Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 4, 2022

247 by nyxzded »»
Apr 9, 2:42 AM

Poll: » Spy x Family Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 9, 2022

643 by SephiHakubi »»
Mar 31, 6:04 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.