Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 19, 2022 9:52 PM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
So the battle between the two fortresses have begun with both of them exchanging cannon fire. Now the Galactic Empire has begun the process of capturing the Iserlohn from within while keeping the enemy's outer defenses distracted and in disarray. Now they face heavy resistance from the Rosen Ritter squad.
May 19, 2022 10:55 PM
Aug 2020
I found myself screaming in joy because of the beautiful animation and the strategy involved. I think this adaptation will do the original battle justice, if it keeps heading towards the direction it is going.

That ending gave me chills!
May 20, 2022 12:00 AM

Jun 2021
Olivier Poplin was in this episode, and even spoke and did things. That alone makes it a 5 out of 5 episode. Best character.
May 20, 2022 8:15 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Solid episode- They really notched up the action. Loved the cliffhanger with the Rosenritter. That said, I prefered the armours they had in the classic OVA
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

May 21, 2022 2:18 AM

Jan 2020
Sweating for 20 minutes straight was not very pleasant I must say. They didn't need to stress me out that much. Anyway, I think I have a crush on Olivier and Walter.
I sometimes forget to finish my sentences.
May 21, 2022 3:51 AM

Dec 2008
Space fortresses are tough lol

Empire outsmarted the defense systems, of course they knew what to do since they build it. Rosen Ritter, I hope they can get the upper hand in this, but I don't think that will end very well. Karl Gustav Kempff can't shake off the deathflag above him.

Let's see if Iserlohn survives until Yang arrives, will it still be operateable?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 21, 2022 6:39 PM

Jan 2011
oh man this battle is awesome an also its really different from the old OVA counterpart, that being said seeing to giant space fortresses shooting giant lasers at each other is something that i havent seen in any other anime before

i like the rosenritter armor design, they are really different from the panzer grenadiers
May 22, 2022 1:21 AM

Oct 2008
omg such a great episode!
the imperial invasion starts!!
5/5!!!

May 22, 2022 11:37 AM

Jan 2009
damn first was main cannon vs main cannon fight and now man to man space marines combat inside the fortress will start
May 23, 2022 8:50 AM
Mar 2015
Just when things seem darkest the Rosen Ritter rides to the rescue
May 23, 2022 12:28 PM
Oct 2016
The beginnings of this fortress versus fortress battle starting off with each side trading blows. Like a boxing match where both fighters aren't even trying to block and just trade heavy punches to see which falls first. Each seeing that neither would give in with just blasts from their main cannon the real mission begins. Kempf and Muller get the upper hand for the Empire right away. Completely out maneuvering the alliance forces at every step. The Empire did build Iserlohn originally so it makes sense they'd know all it's strengths and weaknesses. Knowing exactly how to beat all the stout defenses the fortress has like the satellites, the smaller cannons, and the liquid metal armor. All thwarted with relative ease by the imperials. Julian with the other pilots trying their best to stop the ships from attacking at will but they're too outnumbered to stop the invading portion of the imperial fleet. Schönkopf and the fellow Rosen Ritter the only things stopping the imperial forces from running rampant inside the fortress
May 24, 2022 5:09 PM
Jan 2011
Great episode, I was nervous from start to finish.

I was annoyed by Caselnes' inability to command, he's a rear admiral he shouldn't be such easy prey.

I have a feeling that Merkatz and Schönkopf will be the key point whether Iserlohn can resist or not.
We'll see...
And who knows if Julian won't do something big here?

Let's wait... and cry.
May 25, 2022 9:40 AM

Jul 2016
Dang, it still blows me away, how much the characters in this series, feel so used, to thousand people dying, that they can just move on immediately. The first fired cannon by Galactic fortress makes 4k deaths; the Alliance realizes, moves on, then goes to counterattack. ┐(⊙_⊙)┌

Excited to see more of the combat of Rosen Ritters, I already like how badass they are in the original, hoping they're still as badass in this new version.(●´ω`●)
May 26, 2022 4:31 AM
Jan 2019
Neidhart Muller in action was fire
Jun 10, 2022 3:17 PM

Aug 2014
This was a nice episode, finally some action. However, it was a bit difficult to care for what was going on, since if Yan or Blonde are not involved, it can make it difficult to care about the battles.
Oct 31, 2022 6:03 AM

Jan 2018
rosen ritter appear for some action. totally excited to what happen next
Mar 6, 2023 6:39 AM

Jan 2021
Schönkopf my bae he's so hot ahhhhh
Jul 23, 2023 1:29 PM

Aug 2019
The Death Star is causing a lot of damage. I don’t know but I feel like something could happen to Kempf during the battle and also vice Cazellnu has also risen some death flags or maybe I’m just overthinking.

The empire has the upper hand since they know the fortress better than anyone, but it seems the alliance has an ace up their sleeve with the Rosen Ritter
Nov 24, 2023 8:08 AM

Oct 2017
Everything is in motion, the battle is intense. Empire's plan is going real well so far. It's upto the rosen ritters now to stop them and halt their plan while Yang arrives.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ginga Eiyuu Densetsu: Die Neue These - Gekitotsu Episode 12 Discussion

Kayle_x_Morgana - Jun 2, 2022

36 by MegamiRem »»
Nov 24, 2023 10:03 AM

Poll: » Ginga Eiyuu Densetsu: Die Neue These - Gekitotsu Episode 11 Discussion

samashi20 - May 26, 2022

21 by MegamiRem »»
Nov 24, 2023 9:27 AM

Poll: » Ginga Eiyuu Densetsu: Die Neue These - Gekitotsu Episode 9 Discussion

gainaxgeek - May 12, 2022

28 by MegamiRem »»
Nov 24, 2023 6:07 AM

Poll: » Ginga Eiyuu Densetsu: Die Neue These - Gekitotsu Episode 8 Discussion

AddaeAkono - May 5, 2022

21 by MegamiRem »»
Nov 24, 2023 5:26 AM

Poll: » Ginga Eiyuu Densetsu: Die Neue These - Gekitotsu Episode 7 Discussion

tyoshi9 - Apr 28, 2022

16 by MegamiRem »»
Nov 24, 2023 4:20 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.