Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
May 12, 2022 9:58 AM

Jul 2021
Which fillers should I skip and which ones should i watch? I've seen people saying that some fillers are good and you should watch them but which ones exactly? I don't know the arc names and haven't started watching yet, first trying to figure out which episodes should be skipped and which shouldn't because strictly speaking I'm a completionist and would like to watch all 220 episodes but don't wanna waste my time as some people say the filler episodes are shit and completely off from the main story.

The end of an era. Thank you Wit, Mappa and Isayama.
Feeling half happy, half sad.

Kawaii waifus
and precious
  best girls <3333

May 12, 2022 10:09 AM
May 2021
I don't remember all the arcs but I think Kakashi anbu arc was somewhat enjoyable for me(ep 355 shippuden) so you don't have to worry about skipping it.And fillers are usually pointless and since naruto is finished airing you don't have to forced yourself to watch it.
May 12, 2022 10:21 AM

Jun 2021
TsutanaiFuun said:
Which fillers should I skip and which ones should i watch? I've seen people saying that some fillers are good and you should watch them but which ones exactly? I don't know the arc names and haven't started watching yet, first trying to figure out which episodes should be skipped and which shouldn't because strictly speaking I'm a completionist and would like to watch all 220 episodes but don't wanna waste my time as some people say the filler episodes are shit and completely off from the main story.

In og Naruto almost all fillers are boring,just skip them. From Shippuden Kakashi anbu arc and the arc related to Shishui and Itachi is good,watch those. Rest are needless,now it depends on you.
May 12, 2022 10:31 AM
Apr 2022
Just watch them all. They are all good and make the entire Naruto experience what it is. I learned more about each character by watching the fillers and I really enjoyed it
May 12, 2022 10:34 AM
Apr 2022
I also remember that the chikara arc (ep290_295) were quiet good.
Guy and Lee went insane in one of these episodes.
May 12, 2022 10:52 AM

Mar 2021
I was on a binge watch marathon when I was watching this show. My goal was to finish 100 popular anime titles in around 5-6 months of the COVID lockdown. Skipped all fillers to finish this series quickly
May 12, 2022 11:07 AM
Jun 2021
the ep where they try to make kakashi take off his mask
May 12, 2022 11:29 AM
Dec 2020
The Guren arc from shippuden I really enjoyed that and also the arc about zombies in the leaf village/ sora arc I prefer the Guren arc
May 12, 2022 11:31 AM

Jul 2021
TsutanaiFuun said:

You can watch itachi and kakashi's back storys bu skip all other. I love Naruto it is my favorite anime but don't watch fillers it's not worth it
May 12, 2022 11:33 AM

Jul 2021
quiet_chaos said:
Just watch them all. They are all good and make the entire Naruto experience what it is. I learned more about each character by watching the fillers and I really enjoyed it

Why would anyone watch the fillers of naruto? Don't get me wrong it is my favorite anime but it is time consuming and watching fillers is very unnecessary. I wouldn't recommend watching them tbh
May 12, 2022 11:51 AM
Apr 2022
Idk - I guess I’m weird to enjoy the fillers of anime. You can miss a lot from some fillers. Naruto is my favorite and I feel the fillers are worth watching if it’s your first time. Made me feel closer to the characters, but that’s just me
May 12, 2022 12:19 PM
May 2021
i liked most of the fillers. I suggest u use a Google guide to know what the filler episodes are, but to still give them 1 or 2 episodes and then skip if ur not enjoying that particular filler arc.
May 12, 2022 12:57 PM
Feb 2022
watch that one where gai fights that dude's kids and they are like "our father told us to fight u😡" but the father was like "fight gai🥺😌😊"
May 12, 2022 1:14 PM
Dec 2020
TsutanaiFuun said:

If I could watch Naruto again, I woulde watch every episode BUT some fillers are in the middel of an arc, these would I watch after the arc, so skip them temporarly.
May 12, 2022 1:16 PM
Dec 2020
NovasAnimeList said:
quiet_chaos said:

Why would anyone watch the fillers of naruto? Don't get me wrong it is my favorite anime but it is time consuming and watching fillers is very unnecessary. I wouldn't recommend watching them tbh

I watch them for the fun, after all the canon. It may be time consuming but that is littarly every TV show.
May 12, 2022 2:09 PM
Apr 2022
Mecha Naruto… geez
May 12, 2022 2:17 PM

Sep 2018
quiet_chaos said:
Idk - I guess I’m weird to enjoy the fillers of anime. You can miss a lot from some fillers. Naruto is my favorite and I feel the fillers are worth watching if it’s your first time. Made me feel closer to the characters, but that’s just me

I feel the same, honestly. I'm a true hardcore completionist so I don't skip fillers under any circumstance anyway (unless I'm rewatching), not all fillers are good but many are still entertaining and can contribute to the worldbuilding. Imo it can give you perspective on the setting and characters beyond what's relevant to the plot. And while that's not everybody's thing (and that's fine), for me it adds a layer of complexity and interest if the filler is done well.

@ OP: If it's your first run of the anime, you are a completionist, and you don't mind your run taking longer than expected, I suggest watching all of the filler anyway regardless of quality. Not all of it is great, but I personally enjoyed most of it.
♪ MAL card collector and anime challenge enjoyer
♫ My alignment is Chaotic Stupid™

Anime Challenges
Card Collection
DELIVER HERE!
May 12, 2022 4:43 PM
May 2022
TsutanaiFuun said:

skip the fillers and later if you feel like going back to watch some funny/new moments you do it with no rush cause you already know the story :)
May 12, 2022 5:29 PM
Nov 2021
The power arc filler was pretty cool, Kishimoto missed his chance on making it a movie.
May 12, 2022 6:25 PM
Jan 2021
I actually enjoyed the filler near the end where they had to disable a bunch of paper bombs planted around the village, maybe give that one a watch?
May 12, 2022 10:25 PM
Nov 2021
I really enjoyed the Sora arc. I know it really didn’t add a single thing to the story, didn’t even provide backstory to a character or allow for development of a side character, but it was a nice break in all the drama that was going on in the show for me, even with its personal dramas. Doesn’t help my favourite anime OST comes from that arc (Blue Bird).
May 12, 2022 10:25 PM
Nov 2021
NoBoDY-5 said:
I don't remember all the arcs but I think Kakashi anbu arc was somewhat enjoyable for me(ep 355 shippuden) so you don't have to worry about skipping it.And fillers are usually pointless and since naruto is finished airing you don't have to forced yourself to watch it.

the fillers with Obito backstory is good too it's also important
May 12, 2022 10:27 PM
Nov 2021
quiet_chaos said:

I totally get that, I watched all the fillers as well, helped me a lot, and just allowed for a break from the main story
May 13, 2022 8:52 AM
Jan 2018
Honestly I feel like with Naruto you should just watch all the filler, maybe it’s the nostalgia but it’s just fun to take a break from the plot and watch the characters good around.
May 13, 2022 9:28 AM
Nov 2017
I honestly enjoy most of the filler in part 1. It expands on the side characters nicely. If I had to pick a few to recomend though it would be

naruto sakura and Jiraya investigating the sound village in the land of rice patties,

anko, naruto and ino, shino investigating a a potential connection to orochimaru (it dives into anko's background),

naruto and team guy dealing with Raiga a member of the seven swordsmen of the mist

,team 8 hunting for the beetle to track sasuke, and well the last few arcs. Like the genjutsu kurenai arc, the sand siblings arc which is the last, the leaf village under attack (starts with crises hidden leaf 11 gather), cursed castle
May 13, 2022 12:41 PM
Jan 2022
Watch all of the fillers imo. They're better than canon.
It's just like my Japanese anime's
May 15, 2022 5:44 AM
Mar 2021
TsutanaiFuun said:

If it's Naruto Classic.. Watch all of them expect a few in the middle like you know whether an arc is gonna be boring or interesting.. for me the Arc before the ending of classic [where there are traps all over the leaf village] was sure the most interesting.. But, There are a lot of other Funny and Entertaining ones too..

• To all those who complain about Tenten's screentime, Fillers are the answer..

• and also Fillers rly made me feel like It's been a long time since Sasuke was away from Leaf.. Instead of just skipping all the Fillers and directly seeing his face in the prologue of Naruto shippuden..

• other reason for you to watch fillers maybe to see how hard Sakura rly worked on becoming a Medical Ninja.. you could always see her training and helping and stuff.

•Last reason could be, You definitely don't want to miss a lot of NaruHina moments then and there.
May 15, 2022 8:18 AM
Apr 2022
If I were you, I would watch them. Just in case you could miss something
May 15, 2022 8:38 AM

Mar 2020
Good filler and in naruto?! Yeah I don't think so
May 17, 2022 2:31 PM
Apr 2022
When I watched Naruto and Shippuden I watched and enjoyed all fillers but there were two I found boring which were the one on the boat with might guy and the hidden sand chunin exams, both in shippuden.
May 20, 2022 1:22 AM
Jul 2021
The only one worth watching in og naruto is the kakashi mask filler
Jun 13, 2022 1:18 AM
Jul 2018
I am watching Naruto but now I am in 143 episode and I saw that 143-219 are all fillers.If I skip them then I can watch Naruto Shippuden.Should I skip them or watch them if I don't have enough time and also are Naruto Shippuden fillers are worth watching or should I just skip them?
removed-userJul 4, 2022 2:42 AM
Jun 13, 2022 1:22 AM

Oct 2014
None of them are worth watching, including the shippuden ones.
Jun 13, 2022 1:26 AM

Dec 2015
I watched all filler episodes of Naruto and Naruto Shippuden and they are not worth watching but later episodes of Shippuden there are some episodes that are adaptation of some novels, you should watch those.
Jun 13, 2022 1:43 AM

May 2018
"Naruto fillers are worth watching?"

Naruto canon episodes are worth watching?
Not for me tho, since shounen is not my cup of tea.
Like one should consider that before watching it, instead of going in with the mindset that it is "A must to watch classic. One of The Big Three which were never rivaled. A millennium event which will never grace us again with its second appearance.".
Jun 13, 2022 6:47 AM
Jul 2018
None of them are really worth watching.
Jun 13, 2022 6:58 AM

Oct 2010
if you're a fan - yes
if you aren't a fan - no
but don't come here praising naruto and act like a true fan if you didn't even see the fillers
Jun 13, 2022 7:12 AM

Oct 2018
Not even the cannon ones are worth watching
If you're a fanboy, please don't waste my time.

Watch more movies, please.

Kafka, Fu Xuan, Jingliu, Topaz and Huohuo.
Jun 13, 2022 7:26 AM

Jan 2016
The filler was better than any modern shounen at this moment
Jun 13, 2022 7:27 AM

Sep 2010
That's completly up to you, if you like Naruto then watch them, if you don't then don't, but why do you even watch Naruto in the first place then?
Jun 13, 2022 7:48 AM
Oct 2020
Except couple of arcs, all the filler arcs are just painful to watch
Jun 13, 2022 8:02 AM
Jul 2018
Not worth it. The fillers will repeat themselves many times over the series… I finally started skipping them when I had around 100 episodes left…. I feel like I wasted a lot of time watching Naruto filler.
Jun 13, 2022 8:05 AM
Community Mod
ウェルカムチーム™

Feb 2014
Posts #32-#42 are merged from a dupe thread

GUIDELINES/FAQ
AD/MD RULES
CD RULES
CE RULES
STAFF
SET BY SENPIEX
Jun 20, 2022 9:31 PM
May 2022
Just skip there are not good fillers in naruto

but there are good in shippuden
Jul 3, 2022 12:30 AM
Jul 2021
Skip all the fillers except kakashi anbu and itachi and shisui in shipppuden

More topics from this board

Poll: » Naruto Episode 68 Discussion

Alicia3000 - Aug 3, 2009

32 by Losho »»
May 2, 8:40 AM

Poll: » Naruto Episode 101 Discussion ( 1 2 )

goodevilgenius - Aug 28, 2007

65 by Faunaseer »»
May 2, 5:50 AM

Poll: » Naruto Episode 23 Discussion

Vitka_Lynx - Dec 6, 2008

28 by luanacsz »»
Apr 30, 11:19 AM

Poll: » Naruto Episode 60 Discussion

Alicia3000 - Aug 1, 2009

26 by Matheus050 »»
Apr 25, 6:45 PM

Poll: » Naruto Episode 186 Discussion

Alicia3000 - Aug 30, 2009

26 by shoelaze »»
Apr 25, 3:21 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.