Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
May 2, 2022 6:31 PM
Feb 2021
Maybe not exactly what is being asked but at the very, very beginning I thought the whole series would be about deku becoming a hero without having a quirk. I imagined being blown out by his ultra clever plans as the series went on. Like a friendlier and more relatable batman but still super clever and capable.

Lately it's been going on an even more conventional shonen direction. Now it seems like deku is gooing to have like a dozen quirks. I'm still entertained but every once in a while I think about how more unique the series could have been.
May 2, 2022 6:32 PM
Apr 2021
-It’s takes a lot of 1 punch man but makes it worse
-It has like seven fucking useless exam arcs
-it’s fucking boring
-characters are walking anime stereotypes
-over sexualization of underage girls
-mineta
-making the same ,”hehe mineta is a perv” joke isn’t funny
May 2, 2022 8:32 PM
The Color Morale

Apr 2018
I stopped watching MHA because I got really tired of Midoryia and his cry-baby ass. Bakugo also got annoying because it seems like something is always in his ass. That tough guy act was interesting at first but gets old after a while.
May 2, 2022 10:06 PM
Mar 2021
cjcarr25 said:
Full disclosure: I like My Hero, watched the first 2 seasons and have been reading the manga for a while now.

I'm tryna understand why people hate this series so much because the only reason I can see is toxic fans.

Don't get me wrong it's not the masterpiece people hype it up to be but it's still pretty good.
So I'm curious, what are the genuine reasons people give for disliking/hating MHA (i.e not just saying its Mid)

it became kinda bland and mid after overhaul arc, non of arc after that was remarkably good

manga readers are hyping the next season up saying it will be peak mha but I don't trust them any more as they really hyped season 5 which easily worst mha season
May 2, 2022 10:11 PM
Feb 2022
I can't stand some characters, like Bakugo, Mineta, or Toga. I have a lot of trouble with Deku's personality, he's not a bad MC but it took me like 200 chapters to stop finding him unbearable.
May 2, 2022 10:12 PM
Nov 2021
I can give you a shit more, but here's the only things I hate

1. the ships

2 the fandom

3 the mc

4 eri

5 seasons 4 and 5

6 president mics voice

7 todoroki.

dont ask about number 4 and 7
May 2, 2022 10:50 PM

Aug 2021
Theo1899 said:
Homura24 said:
the mc is annoying
and so is the angry bomb guy
can't stand them

and the flooty girl is just bland

Agreed. My sister and 4chan also told me that there's some asspulling going on in the manga lately but I can't confirm.
There's no asspull going on in the manga lately lol
May 2, 2022 10:58 PM

Jul 2016
Overall, I like MHA. HOWEVER

The setting is weird because all the greatest heroes and villains are concentrated into one city.

The series has never been as creative as its best genre contemporaries

I don't think that the themes are as complex as they could be. This is even compared to its genre contemporaries.

May 2, 2022 11:29 PM
May 2022
yoooooooooooooooooo
May 3, 2022 12:27 AM
Jul 2016
I made a video on why MHA sucks, if anyone is interested.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2pwbIjMiemA&t=3s
May 3, 2022 1:30 AM
Jun 2021
I dislike it 'cause........

It's mid
May 3, 2022 1:32 AM
Feb 2022
man if you don't like mha just don't watch it and don't be toxic about it , I really enjoyed it and I can't wait to see how it ends and what powers will Deku get in the last season
May 3, 2022 3:23 AM
Feb 2021
Im_Stuff said:
Everyone in class 1-A and 1-B sucks bar like 5, Horikoshi is too scared to kill his characters, basically removing the stakes. And overall MHA is the textbook definition of average.

Also you are correct, the fan base is not only toxic but has a combined IQ of 5

Black Clover suffers some of the same issues as this.
May 3, 2022 3:48 AM

Jul 2021
I hate bakugo tbh.I don't understand the hype.

After S2 BNHA got boring. I realizef I was sleeping watching the anime.

Unlike most people I don't hate Midoriya. He is an ok protagonist.
May 3, 2022 7:17 AM
Apr 2022
Homura24 said:
the mc is annoying
can't stand them

Op ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ‘Œ๐Ÿ‘Œ
May 3, 2022 7:21 AM
Feb 2022
they're mostly hating the MHA community and not the anime. Many of my friends like it but the community is sometimes really toxic....
May 3, 2022 7:29 AM

Dec 2019
It's bland, bland as hell. It had a chance to be unique if they actually made a powerless MC in a battle shonen full of side characters with powers, but they chose to just turn it into a basic shonen literally 3 episodes after the beginning. I regret watching so much of this garbage in middle school.
May 3, 2022 8:12 AM
Feb 2021
mha is almost a masterpiece for me. the only thing I hate is bakugou. I really hate him.
May 3, 2022 8:26 AM

Jan 2022
For me, the only reason to dislike Mha is it's fandom.
The anime ain't something great but isn't completely shit either.

๐™’๐™๐™ž๐™ฅ๐™ฅ๐™ฉ๐™ฎ ๐™’๐™๐™ค๐™ค๐™ฅ
๐˜ฟ๐™ค๐™ค๐™ฅ๐™ฉ๐™ฎ ๐™Ž๐™˜๐™ค๐™ค๐™ฅโŸ ๐˜พ๐™ค๐™ช๐™ฅ ๐™™๐™š ๐™‡๐™ค๐™ค๐™ฅ ๐™™๐™š
๐™’๐™ค๐™ค๐™ฅ ๐˜ฟ๐™ค๐™ค๐™ฅ

[center]
May 3, 2022 8:53 AM
Mar 2021
"Fandom ruins everything, even for tools, trucks, even Jesus" a comedian who's name I don't remember
May 3, 2022 9:02 AM
Jan 2022
MHA is extremely uninteresting and boring. It's an overhyped and overrated show. It features far too many pointless moments, such as class 1A VS class 1B, as well as far too many exam and training arcs to drag the show. MHA has no distinguishing characteristics. MHA is similar to Naruto, but with a slight difference. Simply put, despite all of the hype, MHA is dull and unimpressive. "MHA is a masterpiece," some hardcore fans say, LMAO.

Just look at MHA's manga sales. Despite the series' mediocrity, it's far too much.
May 3, 2022 12:08 PM

Aug 2018
I found many of the characters very flat, and kinda boring.

The story is just style over substance, and incredibly unoriginal. The delivery and its portrayal of the series are just okay.

Also, I don't know if others feel this way, but there are too few female characters, and when they're there, the females are very sexualized.
May 3, 2022 12:37 PM
Mar 2020
I initially liked it, but it slowly started getting worse until watching it became a chore to watch.
Thinking about it, it's an average series, I have nothing against it at this point nor do I praise it for anything
May 3, 2022 12:39 PM
Jul 2016
Likel-senpai said:
todd2580 said:

First 3 seasons had actually a comparable quality and production stand point to jujutsu Kaisen and demon slayer while S4 and S5 despite having their sheer of issues because of their schedules are tighter but it still both had their moments

bro, have you seen Demon Slayer and My Hero? The animation is incomparable.. Ufotable tops everything in every aspect unlike Bones..

Yeah I saw but it’s comparable as I said before
May 3, 2022 1:11 PM

Mar 2020
It does nothing that wasn't done before and even then it doesn't do it any better, plus Midoriya is so boring as an mc
May 3, 2022 2:09 PM
Nov 2020
todd2580 said:
Likel-senpai said:

bro, have you seen Demon Slayer and My Hero? The animation is incomparable.. Ufotable tops everything in every aspect unlike Bones..

The fuck, are you able to see? Only a blind person would say this..
May 3, 2022 3:08 PM
Jun 2021
Homura24 said:
the mc is annoying
can't stand them

L, Main character is realistic and great. Bakugo is hilarious and a very interesting character
May 3, 2022 5:02 PM

Aug 2018
kingbacon8 said:
none of the female characters actually have any character so they're just really basic compared to the male characters

Yeah, one of my biggest issues with this series is how the female characters are handled.
"Of what worth is a king who fails to protect the powerless?" —Saber, Fate/Zero
May 3, 2022 8:08 PM

Oct 2021
It's one of my favourite animes but I can't deny the fact that the side characters are bland asf.Fandom is shit too,everyone knows.
May 3, 2022 8:58 PM
Mar 2021
The first 1-3 seasons were good but everything after that just felt boring the class 1A vs 1B could of been a great way for side character development but it felt like all eyes were on the main characters. That’s one problem with Mha I feel like with a big side character list there isn’t enough screen time or development from anyone in class 1A all tho in next arc there seems to be a bit of screen time for some of the class 1A students who don’t get enough screen time but still it shouldn’t of taken so long for it to finally give them screen time. Also female cast doesn’t have a really any good written characters either, overall I think when it comes to side characters writing it’s a big let down. There’s a lot more I could go into but overall I still think Mha is still great
May 3, 2022 10:04 PM
Apr 2022
f@king Bakugo
(I hope I route his name correctly)
May 4, 2022 12:19 AM

Jan 2021
I don't like the MC, very boring and annoying after season 1
May 4, 2022 1:10 AM

Feb 2021
-Bland and uninteresting characters with little to no character development
-Generic 'nice guy' MC and his edgy rival who has anger issues
-More than 50% of the show is training and school festival arcs
-Most villains are evil just for the sake of being evil

May 4, 2022 2:33 AM

Jan 2018
Repetitive as fuck, the show is basically villain arc, followed by a school arc, then a villain arc again, then a school arc again
May 4, 2022 6:09 AM
Jul 2016
Likel-senpai said:
todd2580 said:

The fuck, are you able to see? Only a blind person would say this..

I can see while you does seem you’re the blind one.
May 4, 2022 6:20 AM
Jan 2022
season 5 was bullcrap. If an anime was so bad that you have to read the manga, you know something went wrong.
May 4, 2022 6:28 AM
Sep 2020
nintendofriendo said:
zorzioo said:
The story is good but there's a lot of useless moments for the story, like section a vs section b fights and S4 second half. Some characters are annoying and deku and uraraka ship its out of context and no sense

Yeah, that’s basically my take too. Plus the animation doesn’t compare to other big shonen, like JJK or Demon Slayer.

The animation gets pretty good when it has to. Like the fights are animated really well. Deku vs Overhaul, AllMight vs All for One, and some other fights are some good examples.
May 4, 2022 6:28 AM
Sep 2020
zorzioo said:
The story is good but there's a lot of useless moments for the story, like section a vs section b fights and S4 second half. Some characters are annoying and deku and uraraka ship its out of context and no sense

How is it out of context ?? It's heavily implied in a lot of instances.
May 4, 2022 7:13 AM

Sep 2020
I'm commenting from a neutral standpoint because I don't particularly enjoy battle shounen anime. MHA, in my opinion, outperforms the majority of current battle shounen, including JJK, Black Clover, and Tokyo Revengers. MHA really has a plot where everything is connected, they concentrated a lot on explaining things, and there is a bunch of physical and emotional development of the characters. They genuinely work out in order to grow stronger. The villains are well-written, and everything they do is for a cause. All of these elements, I believe, make the series much more engaging. There isn't much to say about JJK and Black Clover; they basically fight nonstop and get stronger via the power of friendship or whatever.
May 4, 2022 7:25 AM

Jan 2013
I think the biggest problem it has is that the ensemble cast that eats up so much time.
May 4, 2022 7:32 AM
May 2020
Anime is kinda slow and obnoxious at times. Spends too much time crying and yelling. Manga is 10/10 though bcs scenes like that are better in print medium and take less time and stuff.
May 4, 2022 7:42 AM

Apr 2014
i don't dislike MHA but i find it to be slow af and a lot of the character designs just look lame.
May 4, 2022 7:55 AM

Feb 2014
For me it's Deku isn't original or inspiring, Bakugo is annoying, Froppy isn't the MC (jk), the acadamia portion takes a back seat after season one and the supporting cast is too big to have that little to do. Great premise and setup in season one becomes just another battle shonen after.
That's the problem with eternal damnation, you get used to it after a while
May 4, 2022 8:06 AM
Nov 2018
cjcarr25 said:
Full disclosure: I like My Hero, watched the first 2 seasons and have been reading the manga for a while now.

I'm tryna understand why people hate this series so much because the only reason I can see is toxic fans.

Don't get me wrong it's not the masterpiece people hype it up to be but it's still pretty good.
So I'm curious, what are the genuine reasons people give for disliking/hating MHA (i.e not just saying its Mid)

i think deku should have gained confidence when training with THE almight, when he didnt, thats a big minus point and makes me hate deku even more

i hate deku, theres almost zero character development (from the first 2 season)

theres no other character that got my interest except bakugo, but bakugo is a pure all brawns no brain, so i dont expect anything from him

i did see an arc that did a team capture the flag type of fight? which existed in boruto, and even that was more interesting
May 4, 2022 9:14 AM
Apr 2021
what I hate about MHA is the goddam toxic Fanbase, you tell them "oh I ship the MC with the floaty girl"
they go all blastic on how Deku is gay or something, it's completely nuts
the Story is okay and the characters are fine, the Fanbase is the problem for me
May 4, 2022 9:38 AM
Oct 2021
AntiVirgin said:
for me, all characters except todoroki I either can't stand, or are bland as hell, or barely get any screen time, they always had the most boring arcs at times like class a vs b, and pretty much anything to do with the school, I lost interest in mha after the forest arc

Hope you watched the kamino ward arc
May 4, 2022 9:46 AM
Dec 2021
Bad annoying 2D characters with the exception of a few.
Non action arcs horrid
Overly edgy villains
Contrast of great action episodes and horrid SoL ones.

The characters i find honestly so irredeemable that its to me worth pushing the show down from a possible 8 or 9 to a 7. You cant have a core integral part of the series, the main characters, be so obnoxious and cliche
May 4, 2022 10:02 AM
May 2021
VishnuGurav said:
AntiVirgin said:
for me, all characters except todoroki I either can't stand, or are bland as hell, or barely get any screen time, they always had the most boring arcs at times like class a vs b, and pretty much anything to do with the school, I lost interest in mha after the forest arc

Hope you watched the kamino ward arc
I did, and imo that shit was boring, it started good, but I was so disappointed with the main fight, felt like mf was doing the same attack, and the author just refuses to kill off any important characters, and I overall thought it was boring
May 4, 2022 10:04 AM
Aug 2021
I don't think the reason people hate the anime is because of the anime itself. It's mostly about the fans of the show (yk how they are). But the show/anime is pretty meh tho
May 4, 2022 11:41 AM
Mar 2021
in my view it is not a master piece but i don't find it bad .i am enjoying i can say that
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 26, 2016

436 by His0kaDevv »»
Apr 11, 11:14 AM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 24, 2016

403 by Esu_Kei »»
Apr 10, 1:42 AM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 19, 2016

332 by TheStarscream759 »»
Mar 21, 3:10 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 12, 2016

276 by TheStarscream759 »»
Mar 18, 8:58 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 5, 2016

294 by TheStarscream759 »»
Mar 16, 8:01 PM
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.