Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
May 1, 2022 7:07 PM
Mar 2015
the boy did good from thinking about others than himself
May 1, 2022 9:49 PM
Apr 2021
I don't read the manga, idk what position can he play in the future.but I think Aoi can be a great attacking midfielder
May 1, 2022 10:49 PM

Apr 2010
Blue_Maroon said:
Another episode down. I still don’t have strong feelings either way about this series. Very middle of the road for me. Maybe it’ll get better once he joins the youth team.

It does get better. Its where all the growth occurs. I was kind of on the fence about it as well until I read the manga and I binged it up to the current chapter.

It just gets better and better.
May 1, 2022 10:52 PM

Jun 2021
He just left the sister hanging there after calling her.
May 2, 2022 1:42 AM
May 2018
Even as a manga reader, the last play got me so hyped up!! Can't wait to see them play the actual matches!
May 2, 2022 4:31 AM

Oct 2016
I was so happy for that goal, and that Ashito passed. I mean, they still got crushed, but I'm overjoyed to see that douchebag having to eat his words.
May 4, 2022 8:59 PM

Mar 2019
This getting better with each episode...

PD: Ashito's Mom (Noriko) character design is just Perfect.......
Nyan-Pasu!... [ Ara Ara ] [ Waifus ]
May 5, 2022 12:00 AM
Jun 2021
I really like the take on Akutsu's character in this episode. He was initially introduced as a typical antagonist but the episode has shown his own desire to win in soccer.
May 5, 2022 1:15 PM

Dec 2020
Ashito's goal reminded me of Pavard's fantastic goal against Argentina in the 2018 World Cup.

I still remember watching that match like it was yesterday. Such an incredible performance by both the teams. Anyway, enough of that for now.

This was a great episode. Ashito is accepted! He is finally a part of the Esperion Youth Team. That last line by his mother was emotional. It can be difficult to see your kids growing away from you. But they need to chase their dreams too.

"Soccer's all about what you do off the ball, when it's not at your feet."
True. Off-ball movement is an important part of football.

Also, I am pretty sure Hana is listening to this conversation. Ashito didn't hang up the phone.
Oh and it seems Hana is trying to become a sports doctor/nutritionist. Best of luck to her.

I am excited for the introduction of the entire team. I have mentioned this before, but this series has really exceeded my expectations. I am going to start reading the manga when I can.
troilus_05sMay 5, 2022 1:22 PM
May 5, 2022 4:25 PM
May 2022
Wow. This anime is really really cool. The cliffhangers in the end of each episode is effective cuz i keep wanting to know what's gonna happen next. Ashito is already admitted and I can't wait for him to grow more as a player. I can't wait to see the other characters as well. It's really interesting. I love the comedy/humor in it too. I saw banger manga spoilers and i can't wait to see that in anime. 10/10 episode.
May 6, 2022 5:10 AM

May 2020
Aoi's fighting spirit just not only had him getting selected but maybe the two other ones. Glad to have a goal at last getting connected though.

Also answer the damn phonecall first lol.
May 7, 2022 2:32 AM

Jul 2017
Ronninn said:
KANLen09 said:
Subs is subs, TV is TV. Have a good understanding of 2 different things.
Yeah, I'm talking about how slow the subs comes out.
This is dependent on Crunchyroll themselves, having to extract RAWs from different TV stations take different processing times.
May 10, 2022 3:11 AM
Nov 2021
Ronninn said:
Why does the official subs comes so late, when it releases this early?

I think the official subs release is 2 hours after the streaming depending on on your timezone.
May 11, 2022 4:02 PM

Nov 2012
Might be missing something but seems like a un-supportive mother, reminds me of MHA.
Had the same feeling in the early eps when she was complaining about having to take time off to watch him and him hitting the guy. (without even asking why)
I get that they're struggling financially but actually all the more reason why she should be more encouraging and supportive since he's actually talented and shows promise.
I have a third testicle that gives me psychic powers
May 12, 2022 7:19 AM
Dec 2021
Very cool. That last goal made me really excited. And finally, no cliffhanger, the cliffhangers are killing me but it's effective cuz I keep wanting more and can't wait for more. Wonderful.
Jun 28, 2022 1:49 AM

Jun 2020
Amazing episode!!!!! I really like the characters. And the ending actually made me tear up. It’s not that his mum is not being supportive, I think she’s scared too. That ending with what she said was so bittersweet. His brother is such a great brother too. Ah, that feeling when your family & friends are all on your side......

I like the subtleties a lot. My favourite kind of SOL sports. I can see why this has a good rating.

κ•€ but i’ll probably remember over and over again
you were there and everyone else was there
— the day we all searched for just one thing
κ•€

Jul 28, 2022 7:00 AM

Mar 2021
While it hasn't really gripped me so far, I'll keep watching. While some of the actual soccer has been a bit off (and as usual in manga/anime, these kids are an at absurd level for their age), his finish for the goal looked great, they legit captured the satisfaction of a volley.

What I'm dreading is that the show will probably try hard to make me like Akutsu, and I won't be into it. They've made him far too much of a prick early on, and when inevitably the story tells me that he's "nice in his own way", I'm gonna throw my phone at my laptop screen.
Aug 2, 2022 3:05 AM

Dec 2010
The first episode that I really like, both in terms of play and Slice-of-Life.
Sep 1, 2022 2:05 AM

Jan 2022
He DID IT! HE DID IT! Our boi made it! whoo, I mean of course he was gonna make it but still! Good job kiddo! Thats the fighting victory or death spirit that make sports Anime the spectacle that it is. Way to stick it to that bald twat too!

Best part of this episode was highlighting just how difficult offense is. Even beyond strategy and positioning, literally need to read the mind of not just the opposition but also your teammates. Is pretty much the closest humans will come to telepathy and the biggest reason why I primarily play defense.
-insert NGE meme here-
Oct 19, 2022 12:18 AM

Aug 2019
He was admitted. I was confident that he would. I believe his mother will support him now that he has been accepted into an official club. They're not financially secure, but they'll get by, hopefully.
Nov 28, 2022 10:14 PM

Feb 2021
Why is Her mother looks very sad? She should be proud of Her own kid that has already grown up...
- Mal-Badge -

Level 25
Ranked 1135
Last update : 27.02.2022 at 05:50

My Candies :

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Jan 10, 2023 10:27 AM
πŸ₯Š CHAMPION πŸ₯Š

Apr 2016
He did it, just!!!! kekeke
Nov 10, 2023 5:15 PM

Jul 2017
imagine nailing a 1% success rate once in a lifetime opportunity to fulfill your dreams and your mother decides to go toxic and made it all about how sad she is for you making your first step into your dream. wow... just wow...
𝐿𝒾𝒻𝑒 π’Ύπ“ˆ π’Ώπ“Šπ“ˆπ“‰ 𝒢 π“‚π‘’π“‚π‘œπ“‡π“Ž
ㅀㅀㅀㅀㅀ𝐿𝒾𝒻𝑒 π’Ύπ“ˆ π’Ώπ“Šπ“ˆπ“‰ 𝒢 π“‚π‘’π“‚π‘œπ“‡π“Ž
ㅀㅀㅀㅀㅀㅀㅀㅀ𝐿𝒾𝒻𝑒 π’Ύπ“ˆ π’Ώπ“Šπ“ˆπ“‰ 𝒢 π“‚π‘’π“‚π‘œπ“‡π“Ž (ᐒ..ᐒ)
γ…€γ…€γ…€γ…€γ…€γ…€γ…€γ…€γ…€γ…€γ…€γ…€γ…€ »[π’₯π“Šπ“ˆπ“‰ 𝒢 π“‚π‘’π“‚π‘œπ“‡π“Ž]«
Jan 7, 6:59 PM
Aug 2023
Nice episode, i like this anime
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ao Ashi Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KANLen09 - Jul 2, 2022

136 by Animeniac1 »»
Apr 25, 4:07 PM

» Second season announcement

Ale054 - Nov 7, 2022

12 by JVskunkape »»
Apr 24, 11:59 AM

» Will hana and ashito fall in love?

Weebhpk - Jun 25, 2022

16 by axou12 »»
Apr 22, 6:14 AM

Poll: » Ao Ashi Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

KANLen09 - Sep 24, 2022

225 by Shantanubarman »»
Apr 17, 11:36 PM

Poll: » Ao Ashi Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - May 28, 2022

56 by 5hadow17 »»
Apr 1, 1:41 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.