18.8%
Good
25.9%
Great
34.8%
112 votes
Apr 18, 2022 11:09 AM

Nov 2021
Tbh i enjoyed akame ga kill alot but, then i realised that many people disliked this show. So, i'm just curious what you think about the show.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Apr 18, 2022 12:56 PM
May 2020
I think the dislikers of Akame ga kill are rather unhappy because they are sad for all those dead characters and mainly for the MC dead, or because they didn't really enjoy it for they haven't built a strong bond to characters, which is imo necessary to enjoy the show. But I myself felt really bond to characters and enjoyed it very much, even tho it was sad story with open ending, which might as well be one of the reasons why has it so many haters.
Apr 18, 2022 1:12 PM
ranked 54 in FAL
Mar 2018
it's edgy and dumb fun, which is prime real estate for the kind of fans that search for something to shit on, in order to make themselves look smarter and flex their more refined taste, supposedly.

the hate train is also compounded by fans of the source material, that hated the anime original parts and ending.

personally, i enjoyed it back when i watched it, as i kind of like shows like this, but i did think it kind of went to shit in its later parts (presumably, when it went off of the manga rails).

not sure how i would feel about it today, but i rated it a 6 and i think that for my experience of the show, that's pretty fair.
Apr 18, 2022 1:27 PM

Jul 2021
Well, it's a show that promised assassinations and political intrigue, instead it's two groups of shounen super powered characters killing each other.
And while it had many character deaths, including many purely for shock value, there was one case where a character didn't die after being killed...
Really the best thing about this show was the romantic subplot of Esdeath.
Apr 18, 2022 1:37 PM

Feb 2021
I made a thread almost exactly like this a few months ago. They just don't like when it went anime original
Apr 18, 2022 3:54 PM

Nov 2021
Crack said:
I made a thread almost exactly like this a few months ago. They just don't like when it went anime original
Yeah i just started to realise that many people didn't enjoy the anime only parts which, i can understand.
Apr 19, 2022 8:28 PM

Dec 2015
its overhated asl. People just hate to see the anime not go out the same way the manga did. Sure it was a little bit random but it was still enjoyable
May 3, 2022 6:58 AM
Sep 2016
I mean, it's great that you enjoyed the show, but a show being enjoyable doesn't mean that it's good, and Akame ga Kill really isn't a good show.

It's story suffers from severe pacing issues and tonal whiplash throughout the anime. It's characters are generic archetypes that don't really develop throughout the show and any mention of backstory feels forced and unnatural. Character deaths are played up to a laughable degree and end up being predictable and lacking in impact. The animation has its moments, but everything outside of those moments are pretty lackluster, especially the designs of the main characters, which feel over the top and out of place with the rest of the world, which is fine with giving characters some depth, but it's very counterintuitive when they're meant to be a covert group dealing in assassination.

That said, I don't have a problem with anyone enjoying the show. I honestly enjoyed watching it at times, but there are glaring issues that are prevalent throughout the entire show and do serve bring down its overall quality. It's definitely not a 1/10 garbage fire with no redeeming qualities, but it's also definitely not a 10/10 masterpiece that should only be showered with praise, and anyone claiming otherwise is either being disingenuous or naive.
May 3, 2022 7:00 AM

Sep 2021
ppl prob just everyone died
ive heard the adaptation isnt very faithful either
hgwnejmp.ädqwsd
May 3, 2022 7:13 AM

Aug 2021
I´ve heared people bring up that they dont like the deviation from the manga. Especially with how the romance ended between 2 of the main characters
May 4, 2022 4:38 AM
Apr 2021
A lot of people can't look past its flaws, which it certainly has. Unfortunately with only 24 episodes it simply didn't have enough time to develop its characters. For a story that revolves around death, it fails to make death feel meaningful. Granted, how it was going to end was obvious to me by the time the second main character died, and I think it ahould have been obvious to the average person by the third or fourth. For the rest of the show it was like watching a train wreck in slow motion, spectacular but a bit painful. I don't understand why Akame vs Esdeath was the final fight of the show, IMO Akame should have died fighting her sister, but for some reason she's the namesake and only one to live. I still don't understand what makes her important, which I would consider a fundamental flaw of the show. Additionally the speed at which some of the characters come and go is too quick to make a lasting impression.
All that said overall I liked the show, I'm personally biased in favor of stories willing to kill their entire cast to suit the overarching theme. Some people call the characters one-dimensional and meaningless on their own, which is a fair point, but as a group they do have a meaning together, as the larger entity of Night Raid. I wouldn't dissuade anyone from watching this, but I would warn them how it ends. Some people just can't enjoy this kind of ending, need a happy ending, and hate being reminded that someone we will all die.
May 24, 2022 1:07 PM

May 2020
we live in a world where a 7.5/10 is somehow not good enough for people lol.

if something has a score about a 5/10, then more people like that show than hate it. not hard to figure out
May 25, 2022 10:24 AM
Apr 2022
I enjoyed the show at first, it has dark themes and bitter truths about power and all of the goodies you expect from 17+ rated show. Although, when the first main two characters died, it was obvious to me, the show doesn't care about which character dies. Rather, it is there to show that you can't expect all good people to survive and while true, it essentially never gives the time to develop such bonds in the first place hence I almost forgot bout the 2 dead characters by episode 6/7.
And there is the character development cuz this show totally skips it like tatsumi never learns to control his feeling or grows some sense into him and maybe this is the reason chelsea became soft (as she watched tatsumi being all confident and caring for others without thinking about himself) and went to fight kurome all by herself. Out of all characters died, I really wanted chelsea to live (at least to the very end) as she has the most fun characteristics and a person that you can hang out with and not give a care to anything.
May 25, 2022 10:27 AM
Community Mod
+ Manga DB Staff

Feb 2017
Thread locked for breaking the Anime Discussion Guidelines:
2. Please refrain from creating threads that do not encourage meaningful and/or civil discussion. Examples include:
[...]
g. categorizing generalized opinions as popular/unpopular
e.g. Why does everyone like/hate ___, Why is studio ___ so hated, Post your unpopular opinion about ___, etc.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Akame ga Kill! Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 17, 2014

282 by Cammell »»
Apr 18, 11:23 AM

Poll: » Akame ga Kill! Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 14, 2014

1363 by Fiorno »»
Apr 13, 11:22 PM

Poll: » Akame ga Kill! Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 7, 2014

981 by Fiorno »»
Apr 13, 11:02 PM

Poll: » Akame ga Kill! Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 31, 2014

471 by Fiorno »»
Apr 13, 12:43 PM

Poll: » Uff...those continuous deaths

S1H2A3N - Mar 17

1 by 7Hunna_Jahmir »»
Mar 26, 2:49 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.