Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jul 9, 2010 6:28 AM
Jul 2008
If she is going to die, this is the real question we should ask. Is she going to STAY DEAD or BECOME A ZOMBIE?

We do not know if he will shoot her or not.
Jul 10, 2010 3:51 AM
Apr 2009
confuser987 said:
If she is going to die, this is the real question we should ask. Is she going to STAY DEAD or BECOME A ZOMBIE?

Uhhh, the BANG wasn't enough to suggest that he shot?
Jul 10, 2010 4:27 AM
Jun 2010
gringe said:
confuser987 said:

Uhhh, the BANG wasn't enough to suggest that he shot?

We still don't know if he really did shoot her or the zombie, or if the BANG was from someone else's gun.
Jul 10, 2010 5:32 AM
Jul 2008
Where was the fatherless child during this scene? Maybe she took a shot at her by stealing someone's gun?
Jul 10, 2010 10:18 AM
Jun 2010
confuser987 said:
Where was the fatherless child during this scene? Maybe she took a shot at her by stealing someone's gun?

The little girl would have no reason to shoot Asami, also I'd doubt she's strong enough to hold a gun, let alone shoot someone.
Jul 11, 2010 2:39 PM
Jul 2009
I couldn't stop reading this when I picked it up, its a good read for an over-ecchi zombie story. But like every chapter I can't help thinking how they could have lived those guy's that died. But I think quick death and less characters to focus on are for the anime's makers to continue the story. I'm glade atleast some of the events have been unexpected like it would be in RL. Hopes for Asa but it would be a noble way to die, but she didn't get bitten yet, so its a suspese lingering.
Jul 11, 2010 7:59 PM

Jun 2009
SoFarGone said:
That guy on the car should've die. Two people sacrificed to save some idiot.

This.
Why the fuck does this alwas happen?! Just like when that guy died getting the blood for the old lady who killed herself ANYWAY.

And I really liked Asami-chan T_T
Jul 19, 2010 3:18 PM

Jun 2009
It was just a flashback, for a 2nd I thought they're still inside

Anyone want Asami be one of THEM?? but it would be better is she can get on top of the van and yell, and yet I feel sorry for her
Live well - Laugh often - and Love much

Oct 14, 2010 12:34 AM

Oct 2010
novurdim said:
asami's death is just stupid, and what's with the main cast being immortal. 1/5 the worst HotD chapter yet.

Once again and special for you:(quote taken from another forum)

TheGreatJimBob;4887559 said:
Was the way she died lame yeah. Did it have to happen as far as the story is concerned yeah. She was put in to help develop Hirano. It made him go crazy when he had to shoot her, made Takagi aware that she can loose him to some one else and showed the reader that just because hes a bigger guy does not mean he can't have a love interest and he can have his own personal relationships develop like Hirano + Takagi which is what there setting up.

Her death did more for the story than her being around would have. Becides,look at description one more time:"action, adventure, anime, DRAMA, horror, mature, romance, shounen".

Any more questions?

One of the best hotd chapters yet.

10/10 !
Oct 15, 2010 1:37 PM
Mar 2009
It's pretty obvious she dies. After confessing like that...one usually dies in a manga.

The failrapist also died for no legit reason. The kid was the one who opened the door and he turns around and yells for them to save him. What a prick.
Feb 8, 2011 7:49 AM
Feb 2011
It was such an utter waste Asami got euthanized by Hirano, especially that both were “attached” in some way. However, that is (in more ways than one) far better in comparison to being horrifically turned into one of “them.” Yet, there still remains that issue regarding Asami’s probable escape from her dramatic death – she had a chance, if not a forlorn percentage to survive. And there are a number of reasons why she did have a chance from the very beginning. I place the fault on that damn teary-eyed kid (the one who stabbed the “badass”). Screw him (I do hope the editors feed him to “them”, portraying a gruesome finish haha) If it hadn’t been for his dim-witted actions, Asami could have been with the group, enjoying the privileges Alice and Zeke are enjoying (As well as the fail-rapist). Another reason is that Takashi is a hypocrite, and is pathetic enough to be designated the rank of “inexperienced leader.” “Them” took, more or less, 8 minutes to slowly converge toward her, and what was the leader doing? Engaged in a pointless dispute with Kohta. In that span of time, they could’ve liberated Asami from her predicament without any loss. (Though, she had her own faults by charging in with the fail-rapist and screaming flowery words to Kohta.)
Asami’s a great character ♥, her altruism portrayed that she was beyond worthy to be deemed a Police Woman. (her last line of duty must be commemorated, more or less). Hell yeah, it was a great chapter.
T_T
Apr 30, 2011 4:16 PM

Sep 2010
Aww shit.
I know they can't save everyone, but it sucks that Takashi would just let Asami compared to the other things he's done.
Jan 5, 2012 4:15 PM

Sep 2011
2 People dead for so stupid kid that caused zombies to swarm! WTF.

They should've just left him 4 the dead.

I feel so much for Hirano, he is a good character, respect him like I do with Daru.
"Justice Never Dies!" - Kenji Endou, 20th century Boys
Sep 5, 2012 10:07 AM
Jul 2018
This chapter is sad :(
Oct 18, 2013 12:25 PM
May 2013
Asami :(

2 useful people for 1 useless boy... this wasn't an equivalent exchange.
Apr 4, 2015 1:13 PM

Nov 2012
[b]Asami- saaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan noooooooooooooooo :'([/b]

Feb 5, 2018 8:23 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
The large chapter where we can enjoy with the scape of the kids from the Shopping Center!!!
Apr 20, 2018 8:58 AM

May 2016
First off a perfectly healthy guy gets killed trying to get a bag of blood that needs to be resupplied weekly only for the old lady to jump off the roof and now a fairly useful strong-arm guy dies and the sweetest character with main cast potential bites the bullet just for the coward who let them breach into the mall in the first place run off aimlessly only to get eaten a bit later... Their desire to help others despite knowing how pointless it'll be is devastating.

Asami... That panel with her giving her final salute was already tear-inducing but seeing the colored version only made me think about how it would've felt watching that part in an anime ;~; Rest in peace.

Mar 7, 2022 4:47 PM

Jul 2021
Hirano and Takashi still argue a lot with each other, I think this will result in some serious fight in the future.
asdasdsadad
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Is this back on hiatus again? ( 1 2 3 )

HollowIchigo58 - Aug 6, 2013

100 by Ugliz »»
Mar 24, 1:11 PM

Poll: » Highschool of the Dead Chapter 30 Discussion ( 1 2 )

rookiestalker - Apr 9, 2013

85 by bakakisima »»
Dec 31, 2023 7:32 AM

» Miyamoto, Rei feelings towards Takashi ?

kelfounet - Jun 19, 2010

41 by MASTERCRAFT938 »»
Aug 28, 2023 6:06 PM

Poll: » Highschool of the Dead Chapter 20 Discussion

Darkreaper70 - Jun 12, 2008

19 by maiestas_ »»
Aug 16, 2023 6:20 AM

» High School of the Dead is officially cancelled, according to the artist of the series.

deg - Dec 9, 2018

40 by JediPadawan2001 »»
Aug 5, 2023 8:53 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.