Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Apr 16, 2010 12:21 AM

Aug 2007
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Long ass chapter. I'm hoping the cop doesn't die but it seems likely.
Apr 16, 2010 12:22 AM

Jul 2008
wow looks like they might actually kill of the lady cop, thats sucks
the only way to stop a gamer from playing is either: beat them, or wait until they get bored (though 2% percent suffer seizures
Apr 16, 2010 12:32 AM
Jan 2008
I thought she was a little annoyance, but great chapter nevertheless. That mister was unexpectedly to cooperate in this after attempting to rape our nurse. o.O
Apr 16, 2010 12:52 AM

Jul 2009
Man great chapter. Sadly Hiatus again... But atleast its only until July! And we will also have an anime by then!!!!
Apr 16, 2010 12:54 AM

Apr 2009
Dammit all, why do all the bro characters always die to help save some idiot?

Also, poor Asami.
Apr 16, 2010 1:44 AM

Apr 2009
That had a really melancholic feel to it. Rather than a normal chapter, it felt like the transition into the anime. It really does look like the end for Asami. The circumstances surrounding her impending doom do seem really cliche, but cliche feels appropriate; rather, it makes it seem more poetic.
ReaperEXEApr 16, 2010 1:53 AM
Apr 16, 2010 2:32 AM

Dec 2007
Looks like Asami is gonna die that really does suck, she was a little annoying but not enough to just kill off. Hiatus for the loss again but at least its till July so we'll get the anime and a new chapter in the same month. So something to look forward to.
Apr 16, 2010 4:49 AM

Feb 2009
What's up with everyone being so damn pessimistic about asami?

Heck since it ended with a cliffhanger, I'll put my money on kouta blowing the head off the nearest zombie, and then they might aswell save her since they will have blown their no-sound cover anyways.

But damn 3 months til next chapter to find out..
Pantyshots are a different matter entirely

Apr 16, 2010 5:58 AM
Oct 2008
Billzor said:
What's up with everyone being so damn pessimistic about asami?

Heck since it ended with a cliffhanger, I'll put my money on kouta blowing the head off the nearest zombie, and then they might aswell save her since they will have blown their no-sound cover anyways.

But damn 3 months til next chapter to find out..

I second that. He will either go nuts and start shooting some zombies or some other random person will come in from the back and save her. My moneys on her not dieing as i doubt he'd really be able to shoot her without trying to save her first, but dam 3 months too find out what happens is going to be killer..
Apr 16, 2010 6:19 AM

Feb 2009
Is it me or did all the girls' boobs got bigger? They seem to hang down and flail around when they move.Page 41 is an example. Forgot their bras? XD

As for the chapter, it's a real shame about Asami. She just joined them but then she'll be sacrificed, or at least until something will happen. Nice to see Takashi stepping up a bit. Hiatus is bad news but anime date is good news so it's all good.
Apr 16, 2010 6:44 AM

Jan 2010
Am I the only one who really hates that kid on top of the car? Not only did he let the zombies into the mall, he also gets that guy (and possibly also Asami) killed due to his stupid actions!
Hoping that police girl survives as she's a good addition to the team, but I think that she could have ran along with that idiot kid at the same time (in shock maybe?).
Good chapter though with lots of action after the last one, which was a bit boring.
Looking forward to the next chap as well as the anime in July!
Apr 16, 2010 6:50 AM

Oct 2008
quite fast a new one also quite long also quite happened :D
quote=tazillo]Am I the only one who really hates that kid on top of the car? Not only did he let the zombies into the mall, he also gets that guy (and possibly also Asami) killed due to his stupid actions!

its true but that guy and officer should sacrifice him, let him shouting to make zombies focused on him so they could esceape savetly ... it was pointless to try to save him ..
they screw it as well
Apr 16, 2010 8:27 AM

Aug 2009
That guy on the car should've die. Two people sacrificed to save some idiot.
Apr 16, 2010 10:13 AM

May 2009
Woah, finally we get a delicious, long chapter of this awesome manga, and it was great. I hope Asami doesn't die..
Apr 16, 2010 11:56 AM

Jun 2009
Finally chap 25.

Asami showed her strong side this time, but Kohta most propably won't shot her, but the nearest zombies instead. It's just a feeling.

belatkuro said:
Is it me or did all the girls' boobs got bigger? They seem to hang down and flail around when they move.Page 41 is an example. Forgot their bras? XD

They were always big. Mostly i like them, on some pages they look bad though, but it's Shouji's style so i like it.
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
Apr 16, 2010 12:16 PM

May 2009
belatkuro said:
The boobs of HotD all have a life of their own. It's awesome.
Apr 16, 2010 12:40 PM
Sep 2007
64 pages of awesome.
Hi
Apr 16, 2010 2:10 PM

Dec 2008
Great chapter and long as well. Seems like Asami is going to die though, curious to see what`s going to happen next as well. . . . for some reason I get the feeling that this is when the helicopter comes in? . . . then again I`m most likely wrong xD
Apr 16, 2010 3:55 PM

Dec 2009
She was annoying, but I was still hoping for Asami to be one of the main characters. >_<
Apr 16, 2010 9:41 PM

Jun 2007
There's a very slight possibility that the soldiers on the roof are still there and might show up in the next chapter to save the stupid cop women. Realistically speaking though, the cop lady should die. They built her character up perfectly in order to get us to like her enough to be angry/sad if she died. There's no other point to taking a random character like that and build up their story in such a short amount of time. I doubt chubby is gonna shoot her though.

I probably wont like the series if she stuck around. She's the weak link in their group now.
Apr 16, 2010 10:25 PM

Nov 2009
Asami ;__;
Apr 17, 2010 3:27 PM

Jul 2009
Good chapter. Wish they would of let the guy on the car die. He was weak and whiney but at least they saved him. I doubt Asami will die because Kouta will kill the zombies around her and save her. But then again Kouta and Saya had soft of an relationship between them before Asami came
Apr 17, 2010 6:50 PM
Feb 2010
http://www.onemanga.com/Highschool_of_the_Dead/25/63/

Best. Page. EVER!!

I feel bad for the police girl. It really looks like she's going to die. :|
Apr 17, 2010 8:37 PM

Nov 2008
Once again they go running off to save 1 guy and more end up dying, *sigh* Oh well we have to wait till July for the next chapter which is a major downer. >.<
Apr 17, 2010 9:18 PM
May 2008
Pretty weak chapter, and on top of that... the next chapter won't be out until July!!! I really hope that once their out of mall things will pick up, because the last chapters have been boring/lacking progression/fairly pointless.
Dead Account
Please Delete
Apr 17, 2010 10:36 PM
Oct 2008
This chapter left a bit of a bad taste in my mouth. It was fine up until it showed the dude on top of the car.

Thanks to him that one guy (who turned out to be pretty cool) and Asami (potentially) die.

I actually liked Asami and this just seems like a waste considering how they were building her up in previous chapters.

There's the chance she could somehow survive but with a cliffhanger ending like that I'm not too sure. We'll see come July, I suppose.
"Blacker than a moonless night, hotter and more bitter than Hell itself...That is coffee." - Godot
Apr 18, 2010 3:40 AM

Jan 2010
I will know , asami is truly dead or not after my birthday xD
Apr 18, 2010 10:48 AM

Aug 2008
too bad she's gonna die so soon.
when we finally had a gilr with normal sized boobs, she got killed?! hope it won't happen!
never thought the rapist (can't really blame him XD) would be so brave.

great chap.
Apr 18, 2010 8:38 PM

Dec 2009
Good night, sweet princess.
The sands of hell are magic sands.
Apr 19, 2010 4:15 AM

Jul 2009
Oh shi+
Apr 19, 2010 7:21 PM

Jan 2010
another great chapter. i'm ticked that they are taking yet another hiatus (but at least its not as long as the previous one). I wonder if the mangaka's got the juevos to kill off asami.
Apr 20, 2010 12:57 AM

Nov 2007
bye police girl we barely knew you and again we get a guy that as soon as he becomes cool he dies this time after saving a worthless idiot. they need to stop people from throwing their lives away.
Apr 20, 2010 2:07 AM

May 2009
Tough last few pages of a long, but well done chapter. I don't expect Asami to pull out of this, but I guess we'll find out in a few months time. That would be a tough way to go out. Noble? Definitely. Smart or worth the sacrifice? Definitely not. Personally, I wouldn't have minded too much if they had just put the stupid boy out of his misery and taken him out when he appeared. Such a waste.
Apr 20, 2010 12:58 PM

Nov 2009
nice chapter
well about Asami... I dont think they have enought ammo to save her and get out of there (event thou they have some close combat skills :D) alive, so if something or someone other than them wont help her... I guess its end for her.
but we need to wait for that

and I dont know why but I really liked this

the part with bike :)
Apr 20, 2010 1:15 PM

Jun 2009
Sputnik127 said:
Good night, sweet princess.

;_;
Apr 26, 2010 10:17 PM

Apr 2010
Probobly going to try to save her. But there's always that chance of not. The author most likely viewed her as a supporting character and wants to focus on the main group.

Apr 27, 2010 5:13 PM
Jan 2008
Stop fooling yourself, people.

Asami is going to die.
She was prepared to make a heroic sacrifice -- and now she gets one.
Pity poor Kouta who has to make THAT shot now.

Also:
May 6, 2010 4:43 PM

May 2009
I think it's pretty likely that Asami is going to die. Just because like someone else said on here, the mangaka built up her character almost perfectly for that role. She's the first character that seemed to have had an effort to make us care about her. I know I felt some regret when I read that *bang* sound effect, it's got that bittersweet feeling of finality.

Also I think it would help show that the group as a whole was progressing to realize that they can't always save those they care about, which up until now they pretty much have with no consequences.
"To be ignorant and to be deceived are two different things. To be ignorant is to be a slave of the world. To be deceived is to be the slave of another man. The question will always be: Why, when all men are ignorant, and therefore already slaves, does this latter slavery sting us so?"
~ R. Scott Baker
May 9, 2010 5:11 AM

Jan 2010
Moonzo said:
nice chapter
well about Asami... I dont think they have enought ammo to save her and get out of there (event thou they have some close combat skills :D) alive, so if something or someone other than them wont help her... I guess its end for her.
but we need to wait for that

and I dont know why but I really liked this

the part with bike :)

Both part is Hilarious

he's eyes was Shining xD

and "what about us , what do we do"

then [Mean Look] "How should i Know" xD
May 11, 2010 4:44 PM

Jun 2009
The second I saw that image I knew I just had to colour it.

http://aidanak47.deviantart.com/art/Last-line-of-Duty-163742451

Oh, and she is most definitely going to die. Otherwise this whole scene will just be worthless.

"I always take life with a grain of salt, ...plus a slice of lemon, ...and a shot of tequila."

May 31, 2010 9:51 PM

Mar 2010
AidanAK47 said:
The second I saw that image I knew I just had to colour it.

[url=http://aidanak47.deviantart.com/art/Last-line-of-Duty-163742451]http://aidanak47.deviantart.com/art/Last-line-of-Duty-163742451

Oh, and she is most definitely going to die. Otherwise this whole scene will just be worthless.

i have to applaud you for coloring this page in the chapter, you did a really good job :] props,kudos to you!!
Jun 3, 2010 9:27 AM
Jul 2018
Asame...........most likely would of lived seeing as the reaction of those guys on the roof. they probably saw them getting her out coz they said 'dont judge people by thier age'. But then again we have to wait and see :D
Jun 4, 2010 3:20 AM
Dec 2009
dam just started this manga lastweek and now i have to wait. sigh o well, the anime comes out this summer and the next chapter i cant wait!
Jun 28, 2010 2:57 AM

Jan 2009
I don't think she will die... if she were going to die, they would put her death at the end of the chapter for a climax death. I hope she lives... she's so cute... Well actually I don't know if she's going to die or not but I'm pretty sure she will not die at the moment... Deaths to characters whom the author put time to write a story for with depth happen at the end of chapters... She might die at the end of the next chapter saving everyone but I doubt she will die at the beginning of the next one :D That's just my 2 cents... Iono if I'm right or wrong though. She's to cute to die... but then again usually deaths of cute/innocent characters give more of an impact to the climax. Then... again maybe they won't show her death and they'll just skip to the saddness like you see the fat man crying at the beginning of the chapter... hard to tell. Can't imagine the authoring drawing her with a bullet hole through her head.
JohnyBeGoodJun 28, 2010 3:01 AM
Jul 5, 2010 6:04 PM

Jun 2009
Asami DON"T DIEE:(
LET JUSTICE BE DONE; THOUGH THE HEAVENS MAY FALL
Jul 7, 2010 12:31 PM

Aug 2008
I thought it was pretty clear Asami died/is going to die.
Plus given her heroic nature/sense of duty as a policewoman, she's probably going to get everyone in the group killed because of her.
Is she going to save everyone she sees?

I could be wrong but I say there's a high chance she's dead.
darkerealmJul 7, 2010 12:35 PM
Jul 7, 2010 7:37 PM
Jun 2010
I still think that Asami will die... right after she almost confessed to that fatty T_T, I feel bad for that fatty... But there is still a slight chance that she won't die, like maybe the military on the roof might start machine gunning the zombies around Asami, but if I'm correct, the military didn't reach there yet... At first, when Asami said that she never liked that fatty, I was like whoa.. that's fucked up... but, after I saw the whole scene, I realized that she just said it so that the fatty would forget about her so they can move on... By the way, if Asami is an adult and fatty is still high school student, isn't that like... against the law to date? lol
Jul 9, 2010 1:00 AM
Jul 2010
call me crazy but in the end of the chapter there is only one bang right... i highly doubt that fatty has it in him to kill her so maybe she killed herself... but then again her saying to fatty that "he has to promise her to not let her become one of them" could prove my theory wrong.
Jul 9, 2010 2:25 AM
Jun 2010
SN864679 said:
call me crazy but in the end of the chapter there is only one bang right... i highly doubt that fatty has it in him to kill her so maybe she killed herself... but then again her saying to fatty that "he has to promise her to not let her become one of them" could prove my theory wrong.

We still might not know that the bang was from his gun and not another. And he knows how people doesn't want to become one of them, so he will have to do what he has to. Plus, it was that fucking kids fault, why the fuck would they rescue them and lose 2 lives in the process? That kid let the zombies into the mall, he can't do anything but get people killed, so trading him for one tough ass rapist and a police woman, nu uh, not a fair trade.
Jul 9, 2010 5:19 AM

Jun 2007
Found the policegirl motif sorta an inside joke to Kohta Hirano's Hellsing where Seras is always called policegirl by Alucard..

For and against a possible uber-miracle:
For:
A remote chance due to the earlier incident of needlessly sacrificing a healthy person for an old women needing constant blood transfusions...
Takagi saved the loli Alice from a similar situation earlier... <Still liked Alice's "Hooray for Perversion" celebration with the flags near the end of Volume 5...>

Against:
Looks another tragic event is about to occur... the chances of Asami surviving the current situation (without at least geting injured by undead) would be short of a uber-miracle due to the large number of undead in the immediately proximity plus about another 200 more nearby...
All other non-loli female characters in the group have fairly noticeable busts..

Well, we're going to find out if another assistant death of another still-living human being will happen... I believe this would make it the third if it happens...
xellossJul 9, 2010 5:56 AM
Sore wa himitsu desu.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Is this back on hiatus again? ( 1 2 3 )

HollowIchigo58 - Aug 6, 2013

100 by Ugliz »»
Mar 24, 1:11 PM

Poll: » Highschool of the Dead Chapter 30 Discussion ( 1 2 )

rookiestalker - Apr 9, 2013

85 by bakakisima »»
Dec 31, 2023 7:32 AM

» Miyamoto, Rei feelings towards Takashi ?

kelfounet - Jun 19, 2010

41 by MASTERCRAFT938 »»
Aug 28, 2023 6:06 PM

Poll: » Highschool of the Dead Chapter 20 Discussion

Darkreaper70 - Jun 12, 2008

19 by maiestas_ »»
Aug 16, 2023 6:20 AM

» High School of the Dead is officially cancelled, according to the artist of the series.

deg - Dec 9, 2018

40 by JediPadawan2001 »»
Aug 5, 2023 8:53 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.