Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Mar 27, 2022 9:17 PM

Jan 2022
Since Season 2 is wrapping up with tomorrow's episode, I just wanted to start a new thread for sharing updates, news or chats about things related to season 3 or future anime adaptations.

I read somewhere that sales can affect whether a new season is greenlit (even though perhaps a new season is already secretly in production). Volume 1 of Season 2 just came out on Blu-ray last week, with purchasers also getting some nice in-game bonuses for the JP server. Season 2 will be divided up into 3 volumes, the last of which will come out in May (https://prtimes.jp/main/html/rd/p/000000837.000031422.html link is in Japanese), so I suspect we might hear something around the midway of June this year.

Feel free to share other thoughts, links or anything related!
Mar 27, 2022 9:24 PM

Mar 2021
We'll have to wait and see if the show is not concluded by the end of todays episode first.
Mar 27, 2022 10:47 PM

Aug 2017
pricon is for sure getting a season 3. you mentioned disc sales but disc sales these days don’t matter anymore and it’s being decently much streamed on official streaming services.
Mar 28, 2022 3:26 AM
Aug 2020
Pretty sure it'll get like 30,000+ copies sold at first week of release.
Mar 28, 2022 11:27 AM

Apr 2017
Certainly hoping for another season of this. I also wish we actually got English releases of the Blu-Rays, but since that didn't happen with the first season that's sadly probably the case here too...
Mar 28, 2022 12:12 PM
Jan 2017
Dude, we gacha slaves give the game money to see the game turn into an anime, and those people in Japan is like Atlas from the Greek mythology carrying the anime with their strong biceps filled with gacha money.

(We still havent seen Muimi yet and shes going to be in Season 3 guaranteed)
Hhhmmmmmm.......
Mar 28, 2022 1:20 PM

Apr 2014
Jirehhhhh said:

Ahhh yes, she was forgotten. Maybe, she will appear in the third season. If there will have one.
There are also some more game characters thay haven’t appeared in the anime yet as well.
何それ?意味分かんない
Mar 28, 2022 8:08 PM

May 2014
-Elevate- said:
pricon is for sure getting a season 3. you mentioned disc sales but disc sales these days don’t matter anymore and it’s being decently much streamed on official streaming services.

Holy hell, would you stop spreading this wherever you go? Reading you try to shove this down peoples throats who know better in the Bisco thread was enough mind-rot on its own. Streaming revenue as a committee motivator is only for an excessively small amount of shows- literally only the handful that have their primary fanbase OUTSIDE of Japan. In Priconne's case decisions around it primarily come from its absolutely MONSTROUS merchandise sales and whether the game (aka the source material) either maintained it's already high levels of revenue or increased during the airing of the anime.

Even without ACTUAL industry know-how do you want to know two easy ways to tell that western streaming revenue has fuck all to do with committee decisions outside of fringe examples? One, barely any of the animation companies who make the shows that matter are making any exclusives for western streaming. Second, NO series are being completely altered or made from the ground up with western sensibilities in mind. It's almost as if this was painstakingly obvious or something (PS, you can apply this same logic to any product traditionally made for a particular location that also happens to be sold elsewhere). You seem to forget that committees and Japanese business owners in general look upon the west, especially the US, with EXCESSIVE disdain due to where our cultural degradation has taken us and tend to only do so because their products sell well with practically zero effort because of a small minority of the west wanting something distinctly Japanese.

Stop spreading your blatant lies. You get absolutely DEMOLISHED every single time you do for a reason.
Mar 28, 2022 8:21 PM
Apr 2020
Loli-Knight said:
-Elevate- said:

Holy hell, would you stop spreading this wherever you go? Reading you try to shove this down peoples throats who know better in the Bisco thread was enough mind-rot on its own. Streaming revenue as a committee motivator is only for an excessively small amount of shows- literally only the handful that have their primary fanbase OUTSIDE of Japan. In Priconne's case decisions around it primarily come from its absolutely MONSTROUS merchandise sales and whether the game (aka the source material) either maintained it's already high levels of revenue or increased during the airing of the anime.

Even without ACTUAL industry know-how do you want to know two easy ways to tell that western streaming revenue has fuck all to do with committee decisions outside of fringe examples? One, barely any of the animation companies who make the shows that matter are making any exclusives for western streaming. Second, NO series are being completely altered or made from the ground up with western sensibilities in mind. It's almost as if this was painstakingly obvious or something (PS, you can apply this same logic to any product traditionally made for a particular location that also happens to be sold elsewhere). You seem to forget that committees and Japanese business owners in general look upon the west, especially the US, with EXCESSIVE disdain due to where our cultural degradation has taken us and tend to only do so because their products sell well with practically zero effort because of a small minority of the west wanting something distinctly Japanese.

Stop spreading your blatant lies. You get absolutely DEMOLISHED every single time you do for a reason.

Bro chill out lmao
Mar 28, 2022 9:16 PM

Jan 2022
Jirehhhhh said:
Dude, we gacha slaves give the game money to see the game turn into an anime, and those people in Japan is like Atlas from the Greek mythology carrying the anime with their strong biceps filled with gacha money.

Haha yes I think seeing this season was definitely an encouragement that our gatcha money is resulting in rewards for fans, be it directly or indirectly!

I'm sure there is still a lot of material they could either adapt from the game or develop new for future productions. Even if they just took special event stories I feel like there'd be enough to make a few episodes based on those. I'd love to see a movie at some point since the anime episodes always feel too short to develop a substantive self-contained arc that begins and ends in one episode.

Coollldart said:

Hope so! That would be good news for everyone!
Mar 28, 2022 11:51 PM
Sep 2019
I wished there's a spin-off OVA where it focuses on Yuuki. It can go in two ways.

1) The series would be a prequel and follows Yuuki's time with Twinkle Wish. We get to know how he met them, how he met Pecorine and co, who are the Seven Crowns and how the ReDive occured.

2) It would focus on Yuuki's relationships with the girls. Considering that his bonds is the most important aspects, game-wise and in-universe, they definitely need to flesh this out more. We should have one story with him and Chika to at least explain her actions in Season 2 or any other relationship to show why Yuuki is important.
Mar 29, 2022 7:09 AM
Jul 2019
Jirehhhhh said:

we actually have seen her, during the flashback kaiser fight in episode 4. shes in the background
Mar 29, 2022 7:32 AM
Jan 2017
BattleCrysis said:
Jirehhhhh said:

we actually have seen her, during the flashback kaiser fight in episode 4. shes in the background
Thats like the same thing as seeing Ayumi in the background though, I want her to interact with the character and have a plot revolving around her being a stranger to most people in the show.
Hhhmmmmmm.......
Mar 29, 2022 5:11 PM

Oct 2007
Jirehhhhh said:

yeah, people being addicted to the gacha is our hope on this. People in Japan spend more money please. :p

well, and I'm hoping that Tsumugi is famous enough to get a figure. If a good figure is released for her, then I will buy it. :)
Mar 29, 2022 7:12 PM

Aug 2011
Coollldart said:

No. Only 9K copies for first week, that is low compare with Season 1 have 40K copies for first week

Winter 2020 anime, First week sales only, BD + DVD

Kimetsu no Yaiba S2- 24,727
My Dress-Up Darling - 10,130
Princess Connect S2 - 9,283
Shuumatsu no Harem - 2,631
Takagi-san S3 - 2,013
Cue - 1,420

CrazyFrogzMar 29, 2022 7:18 PM
Mar 29, 2022 7:22 PM
Aug 2020
CrazyFrogz said:
Coollldart said:

No. Only 9K copies for first week, that is low compare with Season 1 have 40K copies for first week

First week sales only, BD + DVD

Takagi-san S3 - 2,013
Cue - 1,420

That's surprisingly lower than I expected, well I haven't seen what are game code rewards and other items included. That might've affected it. Even for Dress-up and KNY that's so far from my expectation. I wonder why. Well it's just 1st week. We'll see later.
Mar 29, 2022 7:46 PM

Jan 2022
CrazyFrogz said:
Coollldart said:

Winter 2020 anime, First week sales only, BD + DVD

Takagi-san S3 - 2,013
Cue - 1,420

Thanks for sharing this! Do you mind sharing what the website is? I’m interested in taking a look as the weeks go by as well.
Mar 29, 2022 8:29 PM

Aug 2011
LightSeeker5 said:

Thanks for sharing this! Do you mind sharing what the website is? I’m interested in taking a look as the weeks go by as well.

It is chinse site. https://tieba.baidu.com/p/7776983170?pn=2
Apr 12, 2022 12:55 AM

Jan 2022
Anyone have any idea how subsequent week sales have been? I searched around on the site @CrazyFrogz shared but so far couldn't find anything.

Vol 2 comes out next week on the 19th!
Apr 12, 2022 1:02 AM

Aug 2011
LightSeeker5 said:
Anyone have any idea how subsequent week sales have been? I searched around on the site @CrazyFrogz shared but so far couldn't find anything.

Vol 2 comes out next week on the 19th!

Total sales volume 1 is 9283. No change at all.
Apr 16, 2022 10:52 AM
Mar 2009
If there ever is a season 3 if Bloody freaking hope they leanr to explain more. I mean I got a bit of the story behind it all but I had to google and look up like why Mana was doing what she was doing but it left more confused talking That she was a programmer for VR game Legend of Astrum and then she replaced the world of Astrum with the real world, thus trapping all players in the game. Like freaking hell the lore is so damn confusing for some one who does not even play the game.

I should not have to google and read pages and pages of shit to understand an anime or even a manga or ene a game. Good story telling should explain it all.

I will say it like this I enjoyed the anime but left me with a headache thanks to so much shit not being properly explained.
May 27, 2022 9:23 PM

Oct 2008
It's done, there won't be a season 3. I mean who even wants one. I sure don't, but if by some unfunny joke we do get an s3, I at least hope it's a prequel.
Jul 4, 2022 6:04 AM

Mar 2017
There just HAS to be another season because I have so many questions and I’m also not ready to say goodbye to these guys 🥹
Jul 10, 2022 11:11 AM

Nov 2014
SofiaBulga said:
It's done, there won't be a season 3. I mean who even wants one. I sure don't, but if by some unfunny joke we do get an s3, I at least hope it's a prequel.

Agree with this one. Story is finished, no point in sequel. A prequel showing bad end(s) could work and I'd probably watch it, but that'd be totally different kind of story.
Dec 5, 2022 7:54 AM
Jul 2019
sequel could be act 2, right?
Mar 31, 2023 9:02 AM

May 2009
Global version of the game is shutting down at the end of April. S3 is no longer possible
https://twitter.com/priconne_en/status/1641606313150128128
Apr 3, 2023 9:04 AM

Oct 2021
bastek66 said:
Global version of the game is shutting down at the end of April. S3 is no longer possible

FFS! If anyone still supports Crunchyroll after this, clearly there's something wrong with their minds.
Apr 3, 2023 2:02 PM

Dec 2008
bastek66 said:
I don't think there will be a S3, but it also doesn't really have anything to do with global shutting down. The anime is made by Cygames, not Crunchy Roll.
Apr 3, 2023 2:49 PM

May 2009
Saku_k said:
bastek66 said:
I don't think there will be a S3, but it also doesn't really have anything to do with global shutting down. The anime is made by Cygames, not Crunchy Roll.

Anime exist to promote game
Apr 3, 2023 2:58 PM

Nov 2008
bastek66 said:
Saku_k said:

It's not shutting down in the area where it matters, Japan.

Apr 4, 2023 1:49 AM

May 2009
Hoppy said:
bastek66 said:

It's not shutting down in the area where it matters, Japan.

It mattered when money from streaming wasn't that big.
Apr 6, 2023 10:29 PM
Aug 2019
Even KonoSuba isn't getting new seasons for so many years. Makes sense.

Each year studios make trash isekais in bunch but no production of good animes.

More topics from this board

» Princess Connect Season 3 Leak

Kingfariz - Apr 24, 2023

10 by Liddo-kun »»
Apr 7, 11:45 AM

Poll: » Princess Connect! Re:Dive Season 2 Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 28, 2022

118 by Forum »»
Mar 20, 10:21 PM

Poll: » Princess Connect! Re:Dive Season 2 Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 7, 2022

82 by extralie »»
Jan 31, 1:39 AM

» Appreciation Post

Ice0105 - Mar 14, 2022

15 by Yui_Suzumiya69 »»
Jan 20, 12:42 AM

Poll: » Princess Connect! Re:Dive Season 2 Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 21, 2022

73 by MizuhoKamui »»
Nov 8, 2023 10:13 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.