Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (10) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Mar 26, 2022 10:33 AM

May 2021
That was such a beautiful ending. This last episode does a good job highlighting Gojo's growth. Loved it.
Marin showing off her nape and then saying the three magical words; best girl.

Mar 26, 2022 10:33 AM
Jan 2021
this episode just made a perfect end to this series! i enjoyed watching it so much, especially the after credits scene.. it was just so amazing!!

currently wishing for a season 2, i need to see more of them ahahahah
Mar 26, 2022 10:36 AM

Jan 2022
So glad I checked if there was more after the ending started playing, I was about to be so disappointed lmao

Loved the festival ending, as typical as it is it's still definitely one of my favourite ways to end an anime. The phone call at the end was cute aswell, really hope this gets a second season.

Really the only thing I didn't like about this anime was the fanservice and Gojo was pretty annoying at times, but the rest of it was great. 8/10
Mar 26, 2022 10:37 AM
Oct 2021
unique love story and want to watch more....
waiting for Season 2 (what many days ;months;years) they want I am waiting... 🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰
Mar 26, 2022 10:37 AM
May 2019
I just love it ❤ love everything about it and I'll miss them so much 😭 I hope we have season 2 in future 🥺
Mar 26, 2022 10:38 AM
Dec 2017
Was that Sadako cosplaying Leatherface? If so, i want at least one movie.
Mar 26, 2022 10:39 AM
Oct 2016
A great finale for such a wholesome show. I've liked romcom anime for some time and it's nice seeing new refreshing ones done well. There's multiple every season that just don't hit but sometimes we get great ones like this. Starts off on a simple premise too, lonely guy who likes making faberge dolls meets popular girl who loves cosplay. Couldn't be more different from the outset which is what always makes things more interesting. Gojo and Marin seem too different but of course they're quite similar. Both love their niche hobbies with bubbling pride, both know what they want to do, and more importantly both support each other in ways they can't themselves. Lifting one another past their preconceived limits. Its very sweet seeing two characters bond like this. Its usually not done this well where we the audience feel that genuine connection. Gojo and Marin just compliment each other so well it helps elevate this whole show. Along with the limit supporting cast like Juju and Shinju the character writing is top notch. Because when a story focuses so heavily on just its two leads they have to be done well and thankfully that's the case here. Loved seeing every episode Marin and Gojo grow together and as individuals. Culminating in this beautiful finale where they share the fireworks together and Gojo realizes he's not alone anymore. Extra sweet ending the whole thing with Marin telling a sleeping Gojo I love you.

85/100
Mar 26, 2022 10:41 AM
Mar 2020
overall a 9/10 anime, the animation was gorgeous, this type of animation is better than demon slayer imo, and i really love marin. i pray to god that this gets a second season with the same production quality. also wondering what ch did this anime end on?
Mar 26, 2022 10:42 AM
Jun 2021
wonderful ending, expected better. we'll see the rest next season.
Mar 26, 2022 10:44 AM
Jan 2022
I really liked the texas chainsaw massacre reference
Mar 26, 2022 10:49 AM

Jul 2011
That nape part made me laugh remembering the news that japanese schools were banning ponytails.

Basic reminiscence of the whole season, how the Gojo life changed.

Good series.

I imagined Miko from Mieruko-chan looking at Marin and thinking "Pathetic." for being scared of ghosts.
Mar 2022
Why am I still watching this show ffs. Everything in this show just feels unorganic. But whenever there is a good moment, the writers fuck it up. Character development is decent at max. Any side character is terrible and don’t add anything to the show. Plot is weak af.
Mar 2022
Awesome, that's all I can say. As someone who is also reading the manga I can honestly say that the animation for the series has done it justice. The firework scene was a work of art and I found myself rewatching that scene alone multiple times.

I really hope that we get a season 2 in the future as the school festival arc is probably my favorite part of the manga so far and I need to see it animated.

Overall, this definitely ranks in my top 10 personal favorite series right next to HoriMiya!
Mar 26, 2022 10:50 AM
Senpai

May 2021
This show just gave me good vibes all the time. Now it is over, i hope for a second season! I will rate it a 7 or 8, i need to decide.
“Do what feels right in your heart. You will be criticized either way.” (Eleanor Roosevelt)
Mar 26, 2022 10:52 AM

Oct 2021
The last ep was good but i really thought they're gonna confess to each other at the firework scene.

Gojo and Marin relationship is so cute. I dont understand why people hate this anime just because of the fanservice.

I really enjoyed the series and definitely gonna miss this anime. Hoping for season two!!

10/10
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 26, 2022 10:57 AM
Oct 2021
Absolutely loved it omg my heart during the whole episode was crazy when Marin put out her tongue in front of Gojo under the fireworks omg and when Gojo carried her on his back and when Marin said that she loved him while he was asleep omg and oh frick I loved it so much I loved how the episode ended with a goodnight from Marin

Hoping for a season 2 soon!
Mar 26, 2022 10:58 AM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
All good things come to an end and there is no better way to end the series, than with a summer festival episode. It was very wholesome seeing Gojo and Marin enjoying the summer festival. Marin looked very stunning in the magazine as a model, but she was so beautiful wearing a kimono. The firework scene was the best part of the episode with a nice song playing in the background.

Honestly, I wasn't aware how much hype this series had when I started watching it, but I can see why people like it so much. I was very skeptical about Cloverworks was going to handle this series since The Promised Neverland Season 2 and Wonder Egg Priority didn't turn out so well, but Cloverworks knocked this one out of the park. The staff was having way too much fun with this series. Hopefully, we get a second season sooner rather than later as I'm more curious to see how Gojo's and Marin's relationship develops.

I give this series a 9/10 because Marin is best girl for Winter 2022.

Mar 26, 2022 11:00 AM
May 2021
Really good way to end the season with a firework festival episode.
It's kind of sad series ended today.
All we have to do is wait for Sequel now.
Lovely series 🥰💖 + Adult 18+ too 🌚
For me it's 10/10
Mar 26, 2022 11:01 AM
May 2020
noice, gojo reaction would've been gold if he heard what was said in the phone call
Mar 26, 2022 11:02 AM

Dec 2016
Meh, what a dissapointment. The strong willed and cool Marine that debuted in episode 1, died quickly in episode 2 to become just a typical pixie maniac girl with an otaku twist in the average horny male fantasy.

For a show that allegedly relied in character growth it feels that there wasn't really anything worthy in both main characters. Gojo was as dull as a bag of doorknobs being the typical self insert social outcast being a worry wart for the simplest interactions on the opposite sex. And Marine wasn't that much better being a glorified shameless waifu cartoon.

If we compare this show to other common romance and slice of life shows, it looks so dead regarding the whole aspect of the outside world with empty hallways, abandoned streets and such (with the only exemptions for the outdoor cosplay event and the run of the mill fireworks festival). It's a shame that such a visually appealing and interesting sidecharacter like Nowa just served as decor for a couple of episodes and other run of the mill stereotypes like the tsundere loli or the overgrown younger sister had a lot more time under the spotlight.

Coming back to Marine, it feels completely BS that not a single guy was able to become an aquaintance of her let alone a close friend, yet the most bland and self insert male character like Gojo became her dreamlike guy just because "he was nice to her".

I'm giving this horny weeb fantasy a 4.5/10 just because it had really amazing animation on certain episodes. But just like a cheapo mobile game with amazing graphics but dull and boring gameplay, it's something that will be easily forgotten by peeps like myself that want something "fun" and with more depth out of a game or anime title.
KimurahMar 26, 2022 11:26 AM
Mar 26, 2022 11:05 AM
A sandwich

Jul 2020
Very good show overall. What at first glance might be considered ecchi was downright shadowed by the wholesomeness overflow coming from the interactions between the main couple as well as some of the side characters. I wish we could have gotten to see more of them as well though for 12 episodes I'm quite satisfied with the end result.

Lovely (and detailed when it counted) animation, very charming characters and and cutesy soundtrack. What's there not to recommend? Hopefully we get a second season in the future.
⠓⠥⠍⠁⠝⠊⠞⠽ ⠞⠓⠗⠕⠥⠛⠓ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠎⠞⠥⠏⠊⠙⠊⠞⠽⠂ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠺⠊⠇⠇ ⠎⠅⠊⠏ ⠺⠁⠎⠓⠊⠝⠛ ⠞⠓⠑⠊⠗ ⠓⠁⠝⠙⠎ ⠁⠝⠙ ⠑⠝⠙ ⠥⠏ ⠗⠥⠊⠝⠊⠝⠛ ⠊
⠞ ⠋⠕⠗ ⠑⠧⠑⠗⠽⠕⠝⠑
⠎⠓⠊⠊⠅⠕ ⠁⠕⠎⠕⠊⠂ ⠼⠃⠼⠚⠼⠁⠼⠓
Mar 26, 2022 11:06 AM
Dec 2020
this is make me sad... trully..the show is end...
n we don't know when next season is... maybe in 2 yrs ...
we will miss this romcom
Mar 26, 2022 11:08 AM
Jan 2022
Isn't it fireworks So beautiful when they Laugh together and Cry Together ...
Mar 26, 2022 11:09 AM

Dec 2018
The last episode aren't that great... But, wow... Those hanabi are so pretty.
What? You can't go to the beach if you can't swim?? I can't swim and still go to the beach anyway!
Not enough of cosplay... And I don't know why, but I doesn't really care if this got season 2 or not.

Mar 26, 2022 11:11 AM
Jun 2021
Now then, time to wait 2 years for season 2
Mar 26, 2022 11:11 AM
Jun 2021
10/10 for me. Goujo and Marin were amazing and unique protagonists, and the show was beautiful made by Cloverworks. Amazing ‘My Dress-Up Darling’
Mar 26, 2022 11:13 AM
Nov 2018
Absolutely adorable. I still wish Gojo would have heard and and murmered that he loves her too. or at least get that long awaited kiss. what a great wholesome show though.
I need a second season!!
Mar 26, 2022 11:14 AM

Jan 2021
It may not be the most original anime, it may not be the most elaborate story, but it has something that captivates me.

What an episode and what a season, thank you Cloverworks
Mar 26, 2022 11:15 AM
Mar 2021
hose hair physics when marin running towards gojo on festival omg

This anime is overfrowing with quality
ok see u later in season 2 bye bye goodnight
will miss this Marin too much😩
Mar 26, 2022 11:15 AM

Feb 2022
Animation art was so good!

"War does not determine who is right - only who is left."
||Profile||----------------||Anime||----------------||Manga||
Mar 26, 2022 11:16 AM

May 2016
I wondered how CW was going to end the show, but they masterfully mixed the chapters together to where it looks good, and makes sense. The festival section looked great, too.

I hesitate to give this show a 10, but it's a hella strong 9. Maybe after a rewatch?
"Genki is Life, Genki is Love"
Mar 26, 2022 11:16 AM
Trickster

Jun 2011
Excellent final episode. What better way to cap it off than to have Marin in yukata? A lot of nice shots in this episode too. Like the fireworks scene and the bed scene.

Overall, this show was a pleasant surprise. I didn't start watching until episode 3, but with the collective anime community freaking out about it, I figured I had to check it out. I'm glad I did too. This was charming, fun, funny, and wholesome. I've been in a rut when it comes to anime lately, and this is something I desperately needed. I looked forward to the newest episode every week.

Marin is like sunshine. She's bright, outgoing, charming, and exuded warmth. Her cosplays were always fun to see, especially the process of making them. Her dynamic with Gojo was very entertaining.

I also have to commend the studio for the excellent animation and art. It was way above your average TV anime. I was genuinely impressed with some scenes, it felt like anime movie quality with thier movements.

With how popular and well received this was, I can't imagine a season 2 is far behind. I'd very much like to see a continuation of this wholesome romcom, because Marin and Gojo were just too much fun.

9/10
Mar 26, 2022 11:17 AM

Nov 2020
man i went into this series really not expecting much, but ended up liking it quite a bit
but holy shit i hate when anime like this build up a relationship for the entire show then it never pays off, just let them kiss ONCE GODDAMN IT PLEASE I NEED IT
Mar 26, 2022 11:17 AM

Sep 2020
Omg the fireworks scene is so beautiful!!! ^^ It reminds me of the last episode of Takagi-san s2.
And Marin confessed in the end~
Mar 26, 2022 11:19 AM

Dec 2020
With a wholesome, heartwarming ep my dress darling season 1 comes to an end. Cloverworks didn't missed in any of the ep, every ep had great production value.

Ep 11 being the best in the series, my dress up darling has set up new and high standards for rom-com atleast for me. I am glad that Atleast the first season didn't went harem route. Overall this season is a solid 8/10.

Marin is easily best girl of the year debate a wall, I doubt even csm girls can beat her, staying 8 weeks on position 1 on anime charts is a great achievement. This anime got soo much famous, thanks to its good plot, to best girl Marin and special thanks to its fan service.

I am kinda surprised that S2 is not announced already? Well ig cloverworks is taking their time to make this anime good as much as they can, so I won't mind waiting for few months.
HeadpattsMar 26, 2022 11:23 AM
Mar 26, 2022 11:19 AM
Nov 2019
Overall this was very good show. Really liked that texas chainsaw massacre reference they slipped there. Now all we gotta do is wait for the announcement of 2nd szn.
Mar 26, 2022 11:23 AM
Jul 2019
phantomfandom said:
The worst episode, due to the swimming pool part. Playing with water, especially if you can't swim and there's no lifeguard around is no joke. Not only Marin can die but Gojou can die from helping her too. If she want to die don't drag my Gojou into this.
is this high quality trol? or you are just high?
Mar 26, 2022 11:28 AM
Jul 2019
Kimurah said:
Meh, what a dissapointment. The strong willed and cool Marine that debuted in episode 1, died quickly in episode 2 to become just a typical pixie maniac girl with an otaku twist in the average male fantasy.

For a show that allegedly relied in character growth it feels that there wasn't really anything worthy in both main characters. Gojo was as dull as a bag of doorknobs being the typical self insert social outcast being a worry wart for the simplest interactions on the opposite sex. And Marine wasn't that much better being a glorified shameless waifu cartoon.

If we compare this show to other common romance and slice of life shows, it looks so dead regarding the whole aspect of the outside world with empty hallways, abandoned streets and such (with the only exemptions for the outdoor cosplay event and the run of the mill fireworks festival). It's a shame that such a visually appealing and interesting sidecharacter like Nowa just served as decor for a couple of episodes and other run of the mill stereotypes like the tsundere loli or the overgrown younger sister had a lot more time under the spotlight.

Coming back to Marine, it feels completely BS that not a single guy was able to become an aquaintance of her let alone a close friend, yet the most bland and self insert male character like Gojo became her dreamlike guy just because "he was nice to her".

I'm giving this horny weeb fantasy a 4.5/10 just because it had really amazing animation on certain episodes. But just like a cheapo mobile game with amazing graphics but dull and boring gameplay, it's something that will be easily forgotten by peeps like myself that want something "fun" and with more depth out of a game or anime title.
Nice trolling Wannabe sigma male.
Mar 26, 2022 11:29 AM

Feb 2022
That was a really nice way to end the anime for this season. Kinda sad that we didn't get to see juju and shinju again. But, I'm happy for this anime because of how successful it become. Now I'm gonna sleep since It's 2:28 am at my place atm and cry rq.
Mar 26, 2022 11:34 AM

Jun 2015
And that's a wrap! Glad it's over. Not gonna watch season two. The cosplay was really cute and well made. Marin had a fun a character. However all of this isn't enough to wash out the nasty ecchi taste. There are some show worth watching despite the ecchi. This one is not worth it. In fact I think the show would have been much, much better without all this fan service. It can't be helped when the protagonist is a big fan of hentai I suppose.
If you are going to disagree with me, don't bother talking to me. I will seriously hurt you!
Mar 26, 2022 11:36 AM

Mar 2016
Many of the top reviews on this site amuse me because of how pathetically shallow they are especially with their overreaction to the fanservice, when other shows they rated higher and/or gave more of a pass to have undeniably worse cases LMFAO. Most people nowadays still prefer the conventional brand than the "organic" one with a different taste, and is quite telling and disturbing in many ways. Hell, Akebi-chan had more actual fanservice in the form of odd uncomfortable fetishes and nothing else going for it to quash that out.

Anyways, a really solid show and a good finale. The humor and scene direction is hit-or-miss at times, but the wonderful and organic character relationships and dynamics as well as the handling of self-confidence as a theme for Gojo's development and Marin's own involvement really help carry the load, plus the animation is great even if it isn't always top-notch.

One of the few shows I actually enjoyed from this otherwise mediocre season. Genuinely hope this gets a 2nd season later on, even if that needs to take a long while.
RyuseishunMar 26, 2022 11:43 AM
Mar 26, 2022 11:39 AM
Oct 2021
I want new season. I didnt exprct to like it, i taught it would be another lonely boring average male main character and one hot chick somehow likes him but THANKFULLY i was wrong its a 9.5/10 so 10/10
Mar 26, 2022 11:40 AM

Jul 2015
The anime did not disappoint.. goes to show that CloverWorks can produce a great anime if they don't decide to fuck up the source material...

As a manga reader, I can say that we couldn't have gotten a better adaptation.. and read the manga minna! its pretty great too

easily 9.5/10! lets hope for a s2
Mar 26, 2022 11:42 AM
Nov 2020
Im so glad I did watch this anime, such great characters and good story development, and man it got me on the edge of my seat every single episode.

Im sad it ended, but I’m going straight too the manga rn, and I’m gonna wait until I hear the new release date for season 2

10/10 anime will watch again soon
Mar 26, 2022 11:43 AM
Oct 2021
Hasashi04 said:
That was a really nice way to end the anime for this season. Kinda sad that we didn't get to see juju and shinju again. But, I'm happy for this anime because of how successful it become. Now I'm gonna sleep since It's 2:28 am at my place atm and cry rq.

ya agreed i wanted them to be in the last episode or even for a longer period of time rather then one cosplay

I also wanted to se Gojo interact with some of Marin's friends
Mar 26, 2022 11:43 AM

Aug 2017
10/10 show, can’t wait for the inevitable Season 2

My biggest regret: Reading all 200+ chapters of Kanojo, Okarishimasu
Mar 26, 2022 11:44 AM
Oct 2021
GalacticSamurai said:
phantomfandom said:
The worst episode, due to the swimming pool part. Playing with water, especially if you can't swim and there's no lifeguard around is no joke. Not only Marin can die but Gojou can die from helping her too. If she want to die don't drag my Gojou into this.
is this high quality trol? or you are just high?

He's probably high
Mar 26, 2022 11:44 AM

May 2015
I.NEED.SEASON.2.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Mar 26, 2022 11:47 AM
Dec 2019
The final episode being a fireworks episode in a rom-com is a little cliched but the characters' chemistry is strong enough that it was fun. Excited to see how things progress in season 2 overall a solid 6/10 anime.
Mar 26, 2022 11:48 AM
Jul 2018
it's a masterpiece ! really, there's no word can describe it I absolutely love this anime I'm looking forward to season 2 hope everyone enjoyed it as well.

Pages (10) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sono Bisque Doll wa Koi wo Suru Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 8, 2022

394 by twzter »»
Apr 17, 1:29 PM

Poll: » Sono Bisque Doll wa Koi wo Suru Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 15, 2022

365 by LuffyHammock94 »»
Mar 21, 12:03 AM

Poll: » Sono Bisque Doll wa Koi wo Suru Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 26, 2022

242 by SonuItUp »»
Mar 20, 7:44 PM

» Is Marin fujoshi?

Sanjay63773 - Feb 29

13 by Gloozed »»
Mar 18, 9:56 PM

Poll: » Sono Bisque Doll wa Koi wo Suru Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 19, 2022

340 by Hiroko_Takashiro »»
Mar 17, 4:02 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.