Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Mar 3, 2022 6:50 PM
Apr 2020
Honestly, this 2nd season starts off strong but after the volcano dungeon fighting scenes, or whatever what you call it, the rest of the of the episodes felt pretty NONSENSE and REPETITIVE, and it worsened by all those HAREM scene shits. And they're throwing many unexpected plot twists that makes it confusing to understand. I really liked the 1st season. The CGs were pretty bad but the fight scenes are good and the plot were really intriguing so I'm really holding myself not to drop this.. But yeah, it's been an "this anime season's most disappointing sequel."

I'm still hoping that it will improve with last 4 episodes and will be atleast a step up on the previous ones..
Mar 3, 2022 6:57 PM

Jan 2022
Same thoughts 🗿 senpai
Mar 3, 2022 7:15 PM
Oct 2020
It’s not any worse than season 1. Animation is much better (but still not good) and the plot is about the same (mid).

The 1st season is kinda mid and so is this. It’s pretty much exactly what I expected tbh.
Mar 3, 2022 7:34 PM
Jan 2021
Not sure how you think anything is different from season 1 💀 same average plot with slightly better animation
Mar 3, 2022 8:29 PM
Apr 2020
Kirukato05 said:
Honestly, this 2nd season starts off strong but after the volcano dungeon fighting scenes, or whatever what you call it, the rest of the of the episodes felt pretty NONSENSE and REPETITIVE, and it worsened by all those HAREM scene shits. And they're throwing many unexpected plot twists that makes it confusing to understand. I really liked the 1st season. The CGs were pretty bad but the fight scenes are good and the plot were really intriguing so I'm really holding myself not to drop this.. But yeah, it's been an "this anime season's most disappointing sequel."

I'm still hoping that it will improve with last 4 episodes and will be atleast a step up on the previous ones..

I think I can understand where you're coming from, though not completely as I read the light novel after a few watches of the first season (which I would recommend you do as well if you liked it). The first season, while a worse overall adaptation, at least was able to make it exciting and nonetheless fun to watch. The second season seems to have a slower pace, only adapting 2 volumes instead of 4, however, it seems to have missed the tension and exciting details that the first season, or at least the light novel, contained. The light novel does a much better job depicting how he struggles in both seasons, though seemingly especially in the second season. From an anime-only watcher's perspective, I could see how this could feel dull as 'op protag will win, just watch', while the light novel actually kept me on my toes much more often. Also, these "unexpected plot twists" you mention are less unexpected and fit much nicer into the light novel than they appear in the anime, *aside from Riiman the fish appearing that is*, though there for example, in the source material, he was struggling quite a bit to take out such a monster and they actually explained the techniques they tried and ended up using.

The harem stuff is going to be there either way, though in the anime it may feel more prevalent this season, in part because the first season he didn't have a harem for half of it and it was a rushed season, but also because the anime seems to be lacking a lot of the detail in the fights, labyrinths, and plot development so far, which may make the harem stuff stand out-? The anime also doesn't do a good job actually going through why each girl likes or starts to like Hajime, or them sorting out their feelings about him. Nor does it do a good job showing just how much he is devoted to Yue.

To sum this up, while the production quality is better in the second season, the first season was a much better presentation of the show/source material, even as crap as it was. If you enjoyed that first season, I'd recommend you give the light novel a go. I can't vouch for the manga as I haven't read it, but I do know it's supposed to also be quite better than the adaption, though it should be noted that it has only gotten past the Gruen/volcano labyrinth and isn't a fast releaser. (Would still recommend going to the light novel instead of the manga, it was my first light novel and I'm not looking back-)
Mar 3, 2022 8:51 PM

Apr 2021
I disagree, I have liked all the episodes so far in the second season, and there is nothing wrong with the show, not even the harem parts were bad.
Note: I don’t lazily watch 3-5 episodes, biasedly compare to other anime, or unfairly judge by surface level similarities. With every anime I start, I watch the entire series and judge each based on what they present, to give an honest and fair rating.

Mar 3, 2022 9:05 PM
Jan 2022
ejleon said:
I disagree, I have liked all the episodes so far in the second season, and there is nothing wrong with the show, not even the harem parts were bad.

Same, even though it has lots of flaws I genuinely enjoyed watching it. I think that the mood affects the overall assessment! If you don't have the mood for a simple isekai without a deep plot or a detailed adaption, wait until you feel like watching it.
Mar 3, 2022 10:14 PM
Sep 2020
Every episode Im contemplating on dropping it. If this weeks episode doednt knock it out of the park I might just do that.I dont feel like wasting time on bad anime anymore.
Mar 3, 2022 10:32 PM
May 2021
Just a slower pace and bad adaptation of the LN
Mar 3, 2022 10:50 PM
Oct 2021
To me one of the biggest problem is the lack of presence from the character. They feel empty as they don't really interact. For example, in the last ep, Tio only talked once just to make us remember she's a masochist. And that's all. Nothing else. Because of that I find it hard to enjoy the show.
Mar 4, 2022 12:13 AM

Apr 2021
Sphystius said:
ejleon said:

Same, even though it has lots of flaws I genuinely enjoyed watching it. I think that the mood affects the overall assessment! If you don't have the mood for a simple isekai without a deep plot or a detailed adaption, wait until you feel like watching it.

I am interested in hearing what you consider to be flaws in the show, if you don’t mind sharing?

I would agree that mood does affect what kind of anime one watches. There are times I put an anime on hold because I don’t feel like watching it at that time. I’ll later return to it when I’m feeling more in the mood to watch it.

I will also watch the entire anime, even if I start to not like it, because I believe that is fair to the creators, they worked really hard, so I should see the whole anime before making a any decision, so I don’t drop any anime.

An example of this is the anime “SHUUMATSU NANI SHITEMASU KA? ISOGASHII DESU KA? SUKUTTE MORATTE II DESU KA?” or “WorldEnd: What do you do at the end of the world? Are you busy? Will you save us?” (long names haha). I was drawn in by this anime’s first couple of episodes, but then it became worse and worse and worse, by the end I was like “Did they make this anime just to frustrate people and confuse them?” Had potential, but it decided to blow up everything with an unsatisfying ending.

It is also important to note, that I do not read the source material, so I only base whether I like an anime on the show / movie itself. So I will try to avoid commenting on these things and only comment on the anime itself.

I will comment on the art and music, but I’m not as picky as most on here. I know that with how the money is dealt with for making anime, some studios can’t produce the best looking anime, but really the important thing is the story they want to share with the anime community, so I am more forgiving. Anime tend to have good music to accompany the anime, but I will admit that I don’t like all the intro / outro songs that anime have.

Anyways hoped that helped to explain my perspective a little more.
Note: I don’t lazily watch 3-5 episodes, biasedly compare to other anime, or unfairly judge by surface level similarities. With every anime I start, I watch the entire series and judge each based on what they present, to give an honest and fair rating.

Mar 4, 2022 6:22 AM
Sep 2016
I honestly don't mind the animation tbh. they can't adapt everything in a LN in every ep . it's called budget and time constraints for a reason people . they can only do so much in a 23 min slot
Mar 4, 2022 6:36 AM

Apr 2012
The revenge plot was what got me into this show, now that its not a thing (or put to the way side) I'm finding it harder and harder to care. Most of the characters are pretty generic and or at least the show isn't exploring their characters. The harem part of it is just kinda annoying now, and the adventure part of it is just background noise. I still have an episode to watch but I'm in no rush to watch it, along with some other op adventure anime this season. At least the political medieval anime is enjoyable this season
Mar 4, 2022 9:09 AM

Sep 2018
mylegs said:
The revenge plot was what got me into this show, now that its not a thing (or put to the way side) I'm finding it harder and harder to care. Most of the characters are pretty generic and or at least the show isn't exploring their characters. The harem part of it is just kinda annoying now, and the adventure part of it is just background noise. I still have an episode to watch but I'm in no rush to watch it, along with some other op adventure anime this season. At least the political medieval anime is enjoyable this season

Hajime has NEVER cared about revenge. The show was never good, but you kinda set yourself up for failure for watching a show that isn’t a revenge story wanting to see revenge
Mar 4, 2022 10:22 AM

Jan 2013
Yes, definitely feel the same way. I really enjoyed season 1 and early this season but now im sooooo bored, not even excited to watch next episode.
Mar 4, 2022 11:15 AM
Jul 2021
Shurturgal said:
To me one of the biggest problem is the lack of presence from the character. They feel empty as they don't really interact. For example, in the last ep, Tio only talked once just to make us remember she's a masochist. And that's all. Nothing else. Because of that I find it hard to enjoy the show.
This seems to be a problem with generic harem anime in general. The protagonist collects more and more women like Pokémon, and since the show can no longer spend the time on the individual characterization they need they become more and more one note. That’s what’s happening here, and why there’s such a sharp tone shift between the action scenes and the stupid harem antics.

At the very least that awful rabbit is such a hollow shell of a character now it stays in the background and barely even speaks anymore; that stupid thing caused me drop season 1.
Stink_BugMar 4, 2022 11:22 AM
Mar 4, 2022 2:35 PM

Sep 2008
s1 had this constant sense that no matter how op the characters are, they're still in danger and all it takes is one bad move.
s2 replaced that with waifus competing with each other during fights, trivializing everything that happens.
it'd be fine if these happened separately but it just adds to the chaos.
馬鹿げた倫理 全部ガラクタで
Mar 5, 2022 12:00 AM
Nov 2019
I've read the light novel through a 100 chapters and in my opinion
it's a big waste of time
Mar 5, 2022 2:29 PM

May 2009
Mq84jdk said:
It’s not any worse than season 1. Animation is much better (but still not good) and the plot is about the same (mid).

The 1st season is kinda mid and so is this. It’s pretty much exactly what I expected tbh.

Animation is the same, the difference is less cgi monsters so it isn't as jarring.
Mar 6, 2022 7:36 AM

Apr 2012
Deane said:
mylegs said:

Hajime has NEVER cared about revenge. The show was never good, but you kinda set yourself up for failure for watching a show that isn’t a revenge story wanting to see revenge

I worded it wrong, not so much revenge but showing up his class for being "useless". Hajime doesnt care about that either so...idk, tbh I dont even know what hes doing killing a god/wizard or something. I thought his interaction with his old classmates was better than his main group. Edgelord gotta be edgelord, but at least the teacher's interactions showed that Hajime has slightly more personality than sulking.
Mar 6, 2022 7:41 AM

Sep 2018
mylegs said:
Deane said:

I worded it wrong, not so much revenge but showing up his class for being "useless". Hajime doesnt care about that either so...idk, tbh I dont even know what hes doing killing a god/wizard or something. I thought his interaction with his old classmates was better than his main group. Edgelord gotta be edgelord, but at least the teacher's interactions showed that Hajime has slightly more personality than sulking.

Oh, I see. I agree on that point about his interactions with his classmates.
Also, he's not tring to kill the god, he just wants to clear the labyrinths to find a way home and the god is getting in his way.
Mar 10, 2022 9:17 PM

Dec 2010
Take note that Hajime's biggest motivation at this point is to go back to Japan.
His labyrinth conquering is just a way for him to find the magic to teleport him back home.
Everything else is secondary.
He will kill anyone who will stop him, including God.

Bonus if he brings a harem back with him.
May 9, 2022 2:01 PM

Oct 2008
I liked this 2nd season more than the 1st season, to be honest.
May 13, 2022 6:34 PM

Jan 2020
SofiaBulga said:
I liked this 2nd season more than the 1st season, to be honest.

I honestly forgot what happened during most of the the 1st season. At least this one was somewhat better (still not great tho)

More topics from this board

Poll: » Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 24, 2022

85 by Jeanalpha »»
May 7, 7:38 PM

Poll: » Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou 2nd Season Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 13, 2022

109 by o_ob6o_o »»
Apr 7, 2:56 PM

Poll: » Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 31, 2022

116 by R2Doucebag »»
Mar 27, 8:15 PM

Poll: » Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou 2nd Season Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 3, 2022

31 by Karva1 »»
Feb 11, 2:45 PM

Poll: » Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou 2nd Season Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 10, 2022

66 by Karva1 »»
Feb 10, 10:38 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.