It is done gentleman.

...and ladies :D

Shameless plug signature The Shorts Club

Apr 10, 2010 6:28 PM

Apr 2008
Of course! :D
Apr 10, 2010 7:30 PM
Nov 2007
Here is my English language Tezuka manga stuff, but these are old pictures. I will try and update soon (even though the only new stuff would be more Black Jack volumes...the next Tezuka manga to come out in English, Ayako, will not be released until October I think). I wish there were more Tezuka manga in English, there is so much more out there to choose from.

The Crime and Punishment and Princess Knight manga are bilingual books from Kodansha, I had to get them from people in Japan. The three Black Jack Vertical volumes shown are the limited edition hardcover versions. I think 3,000 copies of volume one were made, and 2,000 of volume 2 and 3 were made. Each one has an extra story the softcover versions do not. The smaller Black Jack books are the two Viz released years back. The Buddha volumes are the hardcover editions.

As for Tezuka anime, I hardly have any at all haha. Hopefully in the future that will change.
Apr 11, 2010 12:31 AM

Apr 2008
Impressive Tezuka appreciation, Physica. That's a feast to the eyes. Keep it up.
Apr 11, 2010 8:34 AM

Oct 2008
Collections? uh....I collect so various things and I'll put them in the same J-popculture category. But let's see what oldschool stuff I have.

Currently now I'm into NES/SNES(oldschoolgaming 8D)games so let's see what day I will have productions like MegamiTensei' or Lupin the Third which I'm interested.

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
Apr 11, 2010 6:52 PM
Nov 2007
That is a nice collection of stuff. I like the covers to the City Hunter artbooks.

Here is some less interesting stuff (I hope they are considered "old school" enough, but they are not really that old I guess), but I figured since I already have the pictures taken I might as well post them. Just my Dragonball dvds:

I will try and post some more unique/interesting stuff later. Most of my collection I do not have photos of because I have no organization skills haha.

Oh, might as well post my JoJo's manga. Only series 3 is released in English by Viz so that is all I have so far. I hope they bring the rest out but I doubt they will.

The rest are just close-ups of those cards
Physica_FulcrumApr 11, 2010 7:34 PM
Apr 12, 2010 11:54 AM

Oct 2008
Physica_Fulcrum said:
That is a nice collection of stuff. I like the covers to the City Hunter artbooks.

Hehee, I like them also. Need to buy last book (Z) which cover I don't like so much :/ (sorry Hojo) oh yeah and totally forgot to put in the pictures that I own also City Hunter OST: City Hunter Sound Collection X - Theme Songs -. Someday I'll buy the other as well..

Apr 12, 2010 1:31 PM

Apr 2008
Very good stuff Sabutatti. City hunter, Nausicaa... And also Meitantei Holmes! :D What's the contents of the Lady Oscar VHS? The Lupin CD looks pretty good too.

Nice shounen post Physica! :)
Apr 12, 2010 1:55 PM

Oct 2008
RobdeFR said:
Very good stuff Sabutatti. City hunter, Nausicaa... And also Meitantei Holmes! :D What's the contents of the Lady Oscar VHS? The Lupin CD looks pretty good too.

Mm in this Lady Oscar cassette theres few episodes where the king dies and they throw away Countess du Barry from the palace. I think there was only 4-5 VHS cassettes afterall puplished here in Finland.

Meitantei Holmes is my new love (or old). I love those designs which Miyazaki has done! <3 recommend this site to look those artbookpictures

Apr 12, 2010 4:58 PM

Apr 2008
Thanks a lot for the site.
I love everything related with Miyazaki works from the past. Apitty that he only worked on a half a dozen of episodes of that one, but the series are still good.
Apr 17, 2010 9:29 AM
Jul 2018
Finally had the chance to get to this. posted 'em all as thumbnails to make load times easier

Koike/Kojima manga stuff

Rest of old school manga

DVDs:

Physica_Fulcrum said:
Tezuka
I’ve just started to get into him, after putting him off for so long. My local comic shop doesn’t carry a LOT of manga, but the stuff the owner keeps on his shelves is generally awesome and most of it’s old school. I snagged the first half of Ode to Kirihito from him, and I’ll probably buy Black Jack from him as well once I scrounge up more cash for my hobby.
Aug 3, 2010 12:26 AM

Oct 2008
Let's pump this one...

How I have totally forgot that I own also two City Hunter sound collections: X - Theme Songs and Y - Insertion Tracks. One of the series which BG's I totally love from bottom of my heart~ (lupin the third could the other one, hmm).

mmm do you have any tips to find out where I could buy more oldschool related music cd's? I'd like to own ex. Kimagure Orange Road or start to buy Sailor Moon's soundtracks (Takanori Arisawa got skills to do bgmusics..hmm have they ever done collection albums from his works?).

Aug 3, 2010 2:44 AM

Jul 2007
^ Yes Asia has a few Sailor Moon soundtracks for sale, and Play - Asia has quite a selection of old school anime soundtracks. The only thing is, I'm not sure how many of them they have in stock, or if they'll get those that are out of print in stock at any time soon. I've seen a few older soundtracks back ordered on there though, so, there's hope :3

More sailor moon soundtracks are on Play-Asia aswell.

You told me to make you feel [color=#CC6600]like you're in heaven
[/color]
Mar 30, 2011 6:26 AM

Oct 2008
not so much these days (my money goes to videogames, urgh) but nevertheless.

I bought french Rose of Versailles new edition books..then I get Lupin the 40! ~The animation~. Very neat book to fans, lot's of illustrations, designs, interwievs, greetings from the animators and so on. Someday I'll have that Castle of Cagliostro's storyboardbook *____*

Mar 31, 2011 11:15 AM

Apr 2008
Excellent Oscar figure. I'd be interested into seein the contents of that "Art Of Holmes" book too. :)
Apr 1, 2011 2:32 PM

Aug 2007
I don't have any pictures.

But in terms of oldschool stuff, I have: HnK sets 1 and 2(1-74), Maison Ikkoku, Ranma 1/2, Mobile Suit Gundam, a City Hunter movie, Zeta Gundam, Season 1 of the Slayers, Most of DBZ(The orange brick sets). Nadia: The Secret of Blue Water, Ghost in the Shell, bunch of Ghibli DVD's, Berserk, Lupin III: Castle of Cagliostro, Ninja Scroll, Wings of Honneamise, Otaku no Video, UY volume 7(4 of the movies as well).

That's all I can remember, honestly.

In terms of Anime culture, I don't really collect anything else other then electronic media. Figures, Gunpla, Cosplay accessories etc aren't really my thing.

Jun 4, 2012 9:23 AM

Mar 2007
I don't have pictures either. Maybe later I'll take some with my sisters camera because I don't have one.

1. A Wind Named Amnesia(dvd)
2. Ranma 1/2(all 7 boxsets)
(Still need the ova and movies)
3. Ranma 1/2 soundtrack
4. Ninja Scroll(on dvd)
5. K.O. Beast(3 dvds)
6. Vampire Hunter D(vhs)
7.Tenchi Muyo(dvd boxed set)
8. Meitantei Holmes(6 dvds)
9. Most of Gundam(Zeta, 0080,etc) on dvd
10. Most of Dragon Ball/Z on dvd
(includes TV, specials and movies)
11. Akira(on vhs)
12. Fancy Lala(5 dvds)
13. Legend of Lemnear(dvd)
14. Kimagure Orang Road TV(all 12 dvds)
(cost me a lot of money to get this, especially volume 12) -_-

...And that's it. First 4 seasons of City Hunter on the way. Going to buy Saint Seiya and Bubblegum Crisis with my next paycheck. Got a lot of figures but mostly newer stuff. Got into collecting and old school anime way late. :(
Jun 6, 2012 12:20 PM

May 2010
Current DVD's of old school anime I have in my collection are...

3x3 Eyes
3x3 Eyes: Seima Densetsu
AD Police Files
All Purpose Cultural Cat Girl Nuku Nuku
Blue Seed-Complete Collection
Bubblegum Crisis-Complete Collection
Burn Up!
Devil Hunter Yohko
Dirty Pair Flash-Complete Collection (Nozomi Release)
Gall Force (Eternal Story, Destruction, Stardust War, and Rhea)
Fight!! Iczer-One
The Five Star Stories
Hades Project Zeorymer
Key the Metal Idol
Kimagure Orange Road OVA + I Want To Return To That Day & Summer's Beginning
Macross II
Macross Plus
Marmalade Boy (Sets 1 & 2)
Megazone 23:Part I
Mobile Suit Gundam F91
New Cutey Honey
Ranma 1/2-Seasons 4-7
Ranma 1/2 OVA Collection
Record of Lodoss War OVA
The Rose of Versailles-Complete Collection
Tenchi Muyo OVA's 1 & 2
Vampire Princess Miyu OVA
kanon-chanDec 31, 2013 2:23 PM
Jun 7, 2012 1:28 PM
Mar 2011
VHS/LD/DVD BR
plz consdier the fact in one form or the other at one time or the other i have owned everying on mylist
all my best
Sentai robin
big x
Paaman
Gundam Franchise[ ALL BR Unless other wise ststed or i own i mor than one format]
----

Gundam 0079 [ all 4 formats]
Zeta [ DVD ]
ZZ [ 3oth anversery sp edtion DVD] VHS
all Ovas of UC Gundam timeline [ VHS LD DVD ]
W
JI
Yuusha and Eldran Franchise[ all LD and VHS DVD for everting minus Might gian OVA
all of the WMT Franchise that have been relesed [ on dvd ] and rest on VHS
Atom [ 63]
Jungle Tentai

Manga

i have oringal 1970/80's Volumes of
ROV
Ashita no joe
Kyojin no Hoshi
Tiger Mask
Candy Candy
Yuusha dan
Atom
RnK
---
side note
i also own a sign copy of the GnC [ CCA Novel] as far iv got ten people who were in vold in the Film sigs so far on it incuding tomino suzuoki Ikeda [ and all three TMN memebers
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

When the union's inspiration through the workers' blood shall run
There can be no power greater anywhere beneath the sun
Yet what force on earth is weaker than the feeble strength of one
For the Union makes us strong
Sep 22, 2017 11:30 PM

Jan 2014
Action Figures

DVDs

Mangas

Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

Sticky: » Ongoing Old School Anime Fansubs ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

RobdeFR - Jan 26, 2010

2253 by JohnnyChuck »»
Apr 21, 8:08 AM

» A Thread for talking about Akira Toriyama

MrYuVideo - Mar 10

1 by RobdeFR »»
Apr 18, 8:46 AM

» I admit, I actually find Sailor Moon to be "girlier" than Tokyo Mew Mew and that's not a bad thing

removed-user - Feb 5

0 by removed-user »»
Feb 5, 5:14 PM

» Chronological Order of Some Well Known Anime

Anakin1981 - Sep 15, 2011

40 by Anakin1981 »»
Jan 29, 11:55 PM

» The oldest anime you've watched. ( 1 2 3 )

Vulfreyde - Mar 28, 2012

134 by AverageRiceFan »»
Dec 30, 2023 9:34 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.