Forum Settings
Forums
New
Mar 10, 12:39 PM
Dec 2017
I know this club isn't super active outside of new subs but I figured there should be a thread for it.

I have been spending the weekend revisiting the Ocean Studios dub of Dragon Ball since it was the first exposure I had to Toriyama's work and will be going through a bunch of stuff this week. Just trying to process it all and remember the great impact he has had on the world.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Apr 18, 8:46 AM

Apr 2008
DragonBall was big for me in the nineties. Not ony for me but it was a phenomenon nationwide where i lived, people would literally stop working or miss classes to watch the new episode. GT was a big disappointment and it all fade away, I don't think I ever watched a full season of it and it was a relief as it made sense knowing at some point that Toriyama was not the creative force behind it.
As much as I liked dbz at the time these days whenever I feel nostalgic I go and watch the original DragonBall series. I love the innocent humor of those early arcs. I never followed the new series but I hear they are good. I hope someone close enough of him can finish the series for the fans like with berserk. I never got why Dr. Slump is so underrated though.

As a westerner his name was one of the first mangakas I ever knew of, along with Katsuhiro Otomo, Masamune Shirow and Rumiko Takahashi. He was definitely through his work an influence for a lot that followed. Without him we wouldn't have one piece, Naruto or jujutsu kaisen to name a few.

Rest in peace sensei.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

Sticky: » Ongoing Old School Anime Fansubs ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

RobdeFR - Jan 26, 2010

2253 by JohnnyChuck »»
Apr 21, 8:08 AM

» I admit, I actually find Sailor Moon to be "girlier" than Tokyo Mew Mew and that's not a bad thing

removed-user - Feb 5

0 by removed-user »»
Feb 5, 5:14 PM

» Chronological Order of Some Well Known Anime

Anakin1981 - Sep 15, 2011

40 by Anakin1981 »»
Jan 29, 11:55 PM

» The oldest anime you've watched. ( 1 2 3 )

Vulfreyde - Mar 28, 2012

134 by AverageRiceFan »»
Dec 30, 2023 9:34 PM

Sticky: » Help in finding links for old school anime ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Anakin1981 - Sep 15, 2010

222 by nightjasmine »»
Apr 28, 2023 4:42 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.