Forum Settings
Forums

What's the deal with Anime Pfp's on the internet?

New
Jan 24, 2022 6:26 AM

Jul 2021
Anime profile pictures have (and continue) to be memed on by tons of people online. Yet, we still use them despite that. Does anybody know why anime pfp's are so infamous?
Jan 24, 2022 6:38 AM

Jul 2019
Just unintelligent people who superimpose degenerate memes onto the entire medium. Why do you think people will retaliate with "just show him Tokyo Ghoul, show her Devilman Crybaby" or smth like that.
Jan 24, 2022 6:39 AM

Feb 2016
There's a general consensus and fallacies from people believing that people that has an anime pfp can't have an opinion because they're hiding behind an image instead of showing their own face when arguing. It's usually told by people that cannot counter argue you and will resort to trying to insult you by any means so they raise their self steem.
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Jan 24, 2022 6:40 AM

Feb 2020
I love anime, and I'm clearly not above using an anime pfp, but you have to admit that anime fans say a lot of dumb shit.
Jan 24, 2022 6:43 AM
Jun 2021
AnfStrikesBack3 said:
Anime profile pictures have (and continue) to be memed on by tons of people online. Yet, we still use them despite that. Does anybody know why anime pfp's are so infamous?

Anime profile pics have been used by some really insecure people on Twitter/Discord who have done... suspicious things. Some of them of questionable legality. They've also been overwhelmingly used by the stereotypical "troon" (look it up) who use those pics as a way of coping.
Hot Blood saves lives.
Jan 24, 2022 6:44 AM
Jul 2018
Elitism at its finest
They usually hit you with the anime pfp diss when they're losing arguments

Jan 24, 2022 6:46 AM

Jun 2016
Jokes on them I use eroge profile picture
Jan 24, 2022 6:47 AM
Jun 2020
AnfStrikesBack3 said:
in Japan those people who addict to this stuff was inferior to them and it seems the internet used it, i guess.
Jan 24, 2022 6:48 AM
Jul 2018
I guess some people just aren't comfortable with anonymity. They like to hold people accountable for their actions online. But even then, you can't always trust in-real-life photos. I've seen profiles on here with pictures of pretty girls trying to scam.
Jan 24, 2022 6:50 AM
Jun 2021
TheFireNinja said:
I guess some people just aren't comfortable with anonymity. They like to hold people accountable for their actions online. But even then, you can't always trust in-real-life photos. I've seen profiles on here with pictures of pretty girls trying to scam.

The internet was, is and always will be the wretched hive of scum and villainy of media.
Hot Blood saves lives.
Jan 24, 2022 6:52 AM
Jul 2018
WillinglyGiven said:
I love anime, and I'm clearly not above using an anime pfp, but you have to admit that anime fans say a lot of dumb shit.
after COVID pandemic i learnt that is not exclusive to anime fans. 50% people are dumber than average
Jan 24, 2022 7:00 AM
Jun 2020
Edocchi said:
Jokes on them I use eroge profile picture
Eroge name pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Jan 24, 2022 7:06 AM

Sep 2018
To put it simply
Anime pfp=not caring much about irl social standards
This means that most anime pfps are nerds who lack looks so their opinion doesn`t count to many people. Besides that anime pfp is also correlated to the attraction toward younger teen schoolgirl characters as typically seen in anime.
Jan 24, 2022 7:08 AM
Propmaker/Etsy

Jun 2014
They are funny, also trends too like the hotest anime or the new girl everyone loves in anime ha
Jan 24, 2022 7:26 AM

Mar 2012
I see this happening quite often on fb and youtube, people making such comments seem to have entirely associated anime to lolicon and hentai. But seeing the way anime fans behave, I can't really blame them for having such a misconception at this point.
Jan 24, 2022 9:15 AM

Aug 2016
Because imagine caring about what other people who don't matter think.
Jan 24, 2022 9:30 AM
Review Moderator
Onii Chan

Mar 2018
Its mostly ironic, people dismissing other people's opinions over their profile picture aren't usually serious, some people genuinely take it seriously which is funny.
Jan 24, 2022 9:30 AM
Jul 2018
AnfStrikesBack3 said:
Anime profile pictures have (and continue) to be memed on by tons of people online.

I think that's all there is to it, it's just a meme. Sometimes the memes are about that person being a virgin or having body pillows or whatever but it's all a part of the bigger meme of normiefags bashing on anime even though in all likelihood they've probably truly even seen one.
Jan 24, 2022 2:53 PM

Dec 2015
Cause people who are seriously angry on it (Oh? So you have anime on avatar your opinion doesn't count than) because they have no hobbies/ or the stuff they like is not as popular as anime so they need to flame/insult anime community. x)

Best thing that I am often on one of those site where there are people who seriously do that and as I am using on my avatar the masked villains from Nanocore which is a 3d chinese anime which doesn't look like that so they still haven't found out that my profile is literally anime x) some of them actually did even like my avatar (I still have it on my youtube channel if someone is curious about which picture I am talking about)
Jan 24, 2022 2:56 PM
Sep 2020
The real reason? Privacy and security.

The main rule in online games and internet is, never reveals your real name or use your personal photo.
Jan 24, 2022 2:57 PM

Jan 2009
anime still has social stigma so what else is new
Jan 24, 2022 3:01 PM

Feb 2019
AnfStrikesBack3 said:
[Constellation humantwig, thinks it's just what it is]
People just use pfp's from what they like ya know.
It's funny now anime pfp's are getting toxic at other anime pfp's more than non anime pfp's

『ᴅᴇᴍᴏɴ-ʟɪᴋᴇ ᴊᴜᴅɢᴇ ᴏꜰ ꜰɪʀᴇ』

Then her jaw slackened as she muttered out.
[I... am the bi◼️?]

☽ † ☾
- ᴅᴇʟɪᴠᴇʀɪᴇꜱ
- ꜱɪɢ ᴍᴀᴅᴇ ʙʏ ʜᴜᴍᴀɴᴛᴡɪɢ

Jan 24, 2022 3:18 PM

Dec 2019
AdolZeppeli said:
There's a general consensus and fallacies from people believing that people that has an anime pfp can't have an opinion because they're hiding behind an image instead of showing their own face when arguing. It's usually told by people that cannot counter argue you and will resort to trying to insult you by any means so they raise their self steem.

You said everything I ever wanted to say about this and said it 10 times better than I would have said it.

I'll share my two cents here. Anytime someone is losing in an argument or doesn't want to engage in one after I shared my opinion or argument against them, they'll point out my anime profile picture. It's so annoying.

More topics from this board

» Am I the only one who's watched Tokyo Mew Mew

Jukemania - Sep 21

27 by RareAnimeHunter »»
1 minute ago

» Anime as good as Evangelion/Utena?

Thecutedog - 5 hours ago

13 by sslick »»
5 minutes ago

» Could reused Anime themes/cover music likely become a trend in Anime in the near future?

Jozuwa-_- - 55 minutes ago

3 by W3TFT »»
6 minutes ago

» What seasonal anime had disappointed you over time this season?

Zakatsuki_ - Yesterday

48 by RareAnimeHunter »»
11 minutes ago

» What are some frequently used plot devices used in anime/manga but are not observed a lot in real life?

Lincompoop - 4 hours ago

5 by Zarutaku »»
11 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.