Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

(POLL)Would you have preferred Season 4 Part 1 to be released in JAN 2022 insted of DEC 2020 with better animation

Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
Jan 22, 2022 7:16 AM

Nov 2021
A lot of people say "MAPPA's animation suits AOT S4 darker theme" , and "wit couldn't have done season 4 justice with their horrible Collosal titan CGI"
So as MAPPA's cgi improved in part 2 i think wit would also have improved their cgi for that , and having talented director like Araki Tetsurou giving the animation a more political theme isn't a big deal.
What's already happened cannot be changed but i just wanted to hear some opinions. (NO HATE FOR MAPPA)

Use these videos for reference

Average Wit animation

If MAPPA had more time

Chota_ItachiJan 22, 2022 10:21 AM

Jan 22, 2022 7:29 AM
Jun 2020
Absolutely. Literally 0 hesitation. I would’ve gladly waited years if it meant getting such a beautiful result.
Jan 22, 2022 7:29 AM
Jan 2022
Idk why yall complaining tbh
Jan 22, 2022 7:30 AM

Jan 2020
Yes, I would. They probably would've, but they didn't have a choice sadly. They had to do what they were told to.

Would've been really cool if WIT were able to do Season 4 though. Sucks that they're going through financial issues.
Jan 22, 2022 7:31 AM

Jan 2020
Honesty I wouldn't have a problem if it came out in 2024 if it just meant a better adaptation, waiting isn't really a problem to me when it comes to watching anime
I don't speak English that much, so please cut me some slack
Jan 22, 2022 7:33 AM

Jan 2020
Nalusa_Falaya said:
Honesty I wouldn't have a problem if it came out in 2024 if it just meant a better adaptation, waiting isn't really a problem to me when it comes to watching anime
Hype might've started to die down by then.
Jan 22, 2022 7:33 AM

Jan 2009
im fine with MAPPA releasing it in 2022 but use the simple character design they use in the new OP

simple character design means easy to draw for animators so maybe some 3D Titan scenes can be 2D Titan Sakuga
Jan 22, 2022 7:39 AM
Nov 2020
I’m fine with how it happened, waiting years for slightly better animation doesn’t feel worth it. S4 PT1 didn’t have awful animation
Jan 22, 2022 7:39 AM

Jan 2020
Shengud said:
Nalusa_Falaya said:

Yeah ah know, but I've never really cared about hype or engaging with a show's community that much, so I would easily trade that for a work with more effort put into it
Jan 22, 2022 7:41 AM

Jan 2020
Nalusa_Falaya said:
Shengud said:

Yeah ah know, but I've never really cared about hype or engaging with a show's community that much, so I would easily trade that for a work with more effort put into it
I mean, releasing it too late could make people lose interest in the show. It's why stuff like recap movies are made.

I don't really know though. I don't know much about the anime industry.
Jan 22, 2022 7:41 AM
Apr 2021
Ngl mappa is doing an amazing job but I would have wanted both to work together since I find the more mature art in S4 better but wit gives some of the best scenes like Levi vs Kenny squad or beast titan and scenes with 3 dimentional movement gear, and I had no issues with h the CG in s4p1 but they improved it soo much that I sometimes I look at it and it looks 2d rather than CG, and I hope if they are making a movie I would want wit to do a Collab for
Jan 22, 2022 8:01 AM

Dec 2020
honestly mappa's animation didnt bother me that much but id wait anytime if it means that the quality will be better. would've loved to have wit continue on too, especially with how well they've done the previous seasons but oh well
Jan 22, 2022 8:08 AM
Oct 2017
If they took 2 years to realease it then they better have made 1 full season of like 30 eps that concludes the rest of the story

Imagine waiting 2 fucking years for 16 eps, idc if theyre well animated
Jan 22, 2022 8:52 AM
Jul 2018
I can't understand why people complain about Mappa's animation tbh.
Because I like Mappa's animation style a lot and I am good with whatever happened and whatever Mappa gave us.
Jan 22, 2022 9:11 AM

Dec 2021
The animation and all the qualities (sound, video environment, details etc.) Are great.....
But the ending was not that great... :') so not happy ig..

Jan 22, 2022 9:50 AM
Jun 2021
I'm cool with what happened the animation was actually really good for me and I didn't ever think while watching i wish aot had better animation although it wasn't perfect
Jan 22, 2022 10:12 AM
Dec 2019
With an ending like Aot it doesn’t matter ❤️
Jan 22, 2022 10:19 AM

Nov 2021
PinkOni said:
i didn't even mention anything about the ending or something related to it but still there you are.......

Desperation i would say

Jan 22, 2022 10:23 AM
Dec 2019
Chota_Itachii said:
PinkOni said:
i didn't even mention anything about the ending or something related to it but still there you are.......

Desperation i would say

Got me I’m desperate for daddy isayama
Jan 22, 2022 11:04 AM
Jul 2021
Nalusa_Falaya said:
Shengud said:

no but if the hype dies down, whatever studio adapts the last part loses their potential money
Jan 22, 2022 11:29 AM

Jan 2020
Kelly32723 said:
Nalusa_Falaya said:

no but if the hype dies down, whatever studio adapts the last part loses their potential money

Yes, I know!, I'm not talking about the logistics or anything like that, that's why I added "if it meant a better adaptation" in my original comment, I'm speaking on the hypothetical that the show coming out in 2024 won't hinder its quality just to convey that I can wait, even if it's a hypothetical
Jan 22, 2022 11:33 AM
Jul 2021
Nalusa_Falaya said:
Kelly32723 said:

Yes, I know!, I'm not talking about the logistics or anything like that, that's why I added "if it meant a better adaptation" in my original comment, I'm speaking on the hypothetical that the show coming out in 2024 won't hinder its quality just to convey that I can wait, even if it's a hypothetical

oo ok mb then. I didn’t really mind the adaptation tbh. I read the manga after part 1 anyway, so I would’ve just started earlier in the manga. Oh Ig I wouldn’t have minded if they spend more time to make it higher quality then since I’d already know the rest of the story
Jan 22, 2022 2:42 PM
Jan 2021
It's a crime WIT wasn't able to animate the entire show. I feel like if you prefer season 4s animation to any other season then you don't have eyeballs. That's just my opinion.
Jan 22, 2022 2:49 PM
Aug 2021
The animation is fine, i Liked studio WIT’s adaptation more but MAPPA is doing a great job sooo I would let it the way it is
Jan 22, 2022 5:05 PM
May 2021
I want better animation even though it takes 2 more years to make.
Jan 23, 2022 2:19 AM

Jul 2017
Nah I was fine with the animation
What I didn't like was the tone I guess and dimness of the scenes
Jan 23, 2022 2:31 AM

Jul 2020
Only a month gap won't make any difference tbh.
If Wit was to make Season 4 part 1 then it would've been even worse.
They dropped Aot because they are not capable to make it anymore and there's nothing wrong with that.
Mappa's Aot isn't on Wit's level but the adaptation is fine if we see it in it's own way rather than comparing with Wit so I'm fine with Mappa's adaptation. The latest episodes is an upgrade compared to Part 1.
Also, if any other studio picked up Aot then it would've been worse than what Mappa made.
My only gripe was that we never got any iconic swinging of the survey corps scenes or titan transformation scenes but I'm glad the story is on point.
Plus, if you think Wit's swinging scene had average animation, you don't know what you're talking about.
Aot became what it is today only because of Wit's Animation. If Mappa was the one that originally made it, then it wouldn't have been as popular as it is today.
Shengud said:
Nalusa_Falaya said:

and @Nalusa_Falaya not really. Season 2 had a 4 year gap from Season 1 but still has a bigger fanbase than Season 1 had. I also would've waited till 2024 (or even longer) for a better product if they are willing to wait tbh.
ScordoloJan 23, 2022 2:38 AM

Scordolo's Recent Reviews
To your eternity
Vanitas no Karte
Jan 23, 2022 3:16 AM

Nov 2021
Scordolo said:
, if you think Wit's swinging scene had average animation, you don't know what you're talking about.
lol by "average" i meant every episode of wit's aot is godly animated not in the sense of "the animation is average" , if anyone think the animation is avg. they need psychological help

Jan 23, 2022 3:23 AM

Jul 2020
Chota_Itachii said:
Scordolo said:
, if you think Wit's swinging scene had average animation, you don't know what you're talking about.
lol by "average" i meant every episode of wit's aot is godly animated not in the sense of "the animation is average" , if anyone think the animation is avg. they need psychological help

So you meant that what Wit did in Aot had average Animation and they could do so much more if they had proper management? I still don't get what you mean.

To your eternity
Vanitas no Karte
Jan 23, 2022 3:29 AM

Nov 2021
Scordolo said:
Chota_Itachii said:

So you meant that what Wit did in Aot had average Animation and they could do so much more if they had proper management? I still don't get what you mean.
no no it's a meme thing , using average means making such godly animation(odm and titan transformation) isn't a big deal for wit studio and that level of animation is literally in every episode , overall it means wit>>>>>>>mappa (for aot atleast)

Don't take the word AVERAGE literally

Jan 23, 2022 3:42 AM

Jul 2020
Chota_Itachii said:
Scordolo said:

no no it's a meme thing , using average means making such godly animation(odm and titan transformation) isn't a big deal for wit studio and that level of animation is literally in every episode , overall it means wit>>>>>>>mappa (for aot atleast)

Don't take the word AVERAGE literally

Oh, I now get what you mean lol.

To your eternity
Vanitas no Karte
Jan 23, 2022 1:57 PM
Jun 2019
No mainly cause part 2 has worse animation and CG
Jan 24, 2022 6:09 AM

Sep 2019
Scordolo said:
Only a month gap won't make any difference tbh.
If Wit was to make Season 4 part 1 then it would've been even worse.
They dropped Aot because they are not capable to make it anymore and there's nothing wrong with that.
Mappa's Aot isn't on Wit's level but the adaptation is fine if we see it in it's own way rather than comparing with Wit so I'm fine with Mappa's adaptation. The latest episodes is an upgrade compared to Part 1.
Also, if any other studio picked up Aot then it would've been worse than what Mappa made.
My only gripe was that we never got any iconic swinging of the survey corps scenes or titan transformation scenes but I'm glad the story is on point.
Plus, if you think Wit's swinging scene had average animation, you don't know what you're talking about.
Aot became what it is today only because of Wit's Animation. If Mappa was the one that originally made it, then it wouldn't have been as popular as it is today.
Shengud said:

and @Nalusa_Falaya not really. Season 2 had a 4 year gap from Season 1 but still has a bigger fanbase than Season 1 had. I also would've waited till 2024 (or even longer) for a better product if they are willing to wait tbh.
the difference is 1 year and 1 month, scordoloooooo.
"I think I wanted to attack something. Like betraying people or hurting people. And, well, it's not exactly nice, but hurting the readers too... In all honestly, I feel that's what I really wanted to do. For me, as a reader, when I think, "this manga will remain in my heart," it means, for example, it phenomenally hurt me: It's those kinds of experiences I'm after." - Pajime Hisayama (My favourite hurting author).

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Koito91 - Mar 28, 2021

692 by wibugar »»
Today, 1:11 AM

» The one thing I dont understand now is, why WIT censored so much the violence?

MAQS - Dec 20, 2020

26 by SoughtLi »»
Apr 28, 7:26 PM

Poll: » If Eren was in avatar...

TASM18 - Apr 17

18 by belugaanime »»
Apr 19, 2:12 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Mar 7, 2021

513 by JoestarEISH_020 »»
Apr 13, 8:01 AM

» Isayama: The Perfect Architect ( 1 2 )

Mikasa - Mar 29, 2021

65 by benisfroms »»
Apr 10, 8:21 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.