Forum Settings
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
Jan 18, 2022 6:26 AM
Jun 2021
Can anyone explain the true reason why did Eren chose to start a rumbling? I watched some youtube videos and read some forum topics but this still seems a bit complicated to me.. Is it only to protect Armin, Mikasa and the others or is it to end this whole titan cycle, or only to be free?? My head just can't handle this :D

I read the manga when first part of the final season ended and to this day I still don't get it, I think I'll just wait for anime to finish maybe then I will understand something 😭

Mod Edit: Merged duplicated posts; please use the edit button.
anime-primeJan 18, 2022 7:35 AM
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jan 18, 2022 6:44 AM
Jun 2021
I read the manga when first part of the final season ended and to this day I still don't get it, I think I'll just wait for anime to finish maybe then I will understand something 😭
Jan 18, 2022 6:49 AM

Jul 2017
From what I remember He did rumbling for all the reasons you said and because ymir set it as such
Jan 18, 2022 6:59 AM

Nov 2021
s1nful said:
Can anyone explain the true reason why did Eren chose to start a rumbling? I watched some youtube videos and read some forum topics but this still seems a bit complicated to me.. Is it only to protect Armin, Mikasa and the others or is it to end this whole titan cycle, or only to be free?? My head just can't handle this :D

Eren's priorities changed time to time
Earlier it was to protect his loved ones, later to end people who lives other side of sea (enemies according to eren).

(Desktop mode) ⬇️

Watching this season

My Anime list

Comment
Jan 18, 2022 6:59 AM
Nov 2020
s1nful said:
its all about his selfish goal to have his freedom thats why he tried to kill mostly all people because that was his interpretation of his own freedom
Jan 18, 2022 7:07 AM
Dec 2020
s1nful said:
he would basically do anything to protect the people he love...he knows that this world is too cruel for talk no jutsu...and also the freedom thingy bc he was born into this world or something...you should probably wait a little, anime might give better and clear explanation
Jan 18, 2022 7:07 AM
Jun 2021
Yeah... Eren is sure an interesting and complicated character
Jan 18, 2022 7:14 AM

Sep 2014
He made a very straight forward explanation when he started the rumbling in chapter 123, in his Eldian radio broadcast.
That or you can take the pseudo-intellectual, pseudo-symbolic jargon that he was a slave to fate.
Jan 18, 2022 7:17 AM
May 2021
He did it because he wants to protect his friends, that is why he let Sasha die and we should all thank him as he became a mass murderer for their sake. Also he wanted to protect his homeland that is why in the extra pages you see it getting destroyed.
Jan 18, 2022 7:23 AM

Mar 2021
well, only ymir knows that one V_V
🐐

Jan 18, 2022 7:35 AM
Community Mod
Peacemaker

Jan 2017
This thread has been moved to the correct sub-board
Jan 18, 2022 7:54 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
s1nful said:

If we go by the manga ending that all these people suddenly love, Eren didn't know why the fuck he did anything

Peak fiction
Jan 18, 2022 8:18 AM
Jan 2020
s1nful said:

So from my point of weiw he did it bc he set his friends and his ppl over humanity. He wanted to dave the ones he loved. Eren also got more and more hatred for marley most likely for their actions towards his ppl, and all the suffering they had to go through for somthing they never knew before they sent reiner, berthold and annie.
Jan 18, 2022 8:41 AM
Dec 2021
He sacrificed himself so all the world will see him as the "devil" and Paradis as normal people, because they fought together with Marley to kill Eren.

Also to end the titan power, to save his friend and to free Ymir.
Jan 18, 2022 9:50 AM

Jan 2009
for freedom the final chapter said this
Eren: even if my friends did not stop me i would still flatten this world
Armin: why
Eren: i do not know
then shows a "youre free Eren" manga panel

so is total freedom worth it? or is it chaos, violent and lonely?

plus read this https://www.reddit.com/r/titanfolk/comments/n6zphi/isayamas_blog_from_2016_relevant_to_erens/
degJan 18, 2022 10:40 AM
Jan 18, 2022 10:27 AM
Jun 2021
Thank you everyone for replying, I actually have a better understanding now 🙏
Jan 18, 2022 10:39 AM
Jun 2021
He saw that there was a path that he can walk where all his friends would be free from this war, so he started the rumbling so that his friends could stop him in order for them to be seen as heroes who stood up again the true enemy of the world and saved everyone.
Jan 18, 2022 11:23 AM

Dec 2021
From my side... Eren did this to protect his people and his friends... (Spoiler at the bottom) ofcourse he wanted his people to be saved and to stop the cycle of war....

Jan 18, 2022 11:25 AM
Nov 2021
Basically, Eren wanted to see “Armin’s Scene” from the very start. So he eamted to go beyond the walls. But when he accomplished that, he was disappointed with the world he saw. So he wanted to destroy that world in order to create his own utopian world, which is free.

I checked the other posts and it is kinda funny how generally everyone said “protecting his loved ones”. Eren wanted to protect his loved ones for sure, but that was not the main motive of Rumbling.
Jan 18, 2022 12:00 PM

Jul 2021
Unknown the writer did a terrible job of explaining it.
_spoon_Jan 18, 2022 12:43 PM

Jan 18, 2022 12:02 PM

Jan 2009
Yetzest said:
Basically, Eren wanted to see “Armin’s Scene” from the very start. So he eamted to go beyond the walls. But when he accomplished that, he was disappointed with the world he saw. So he wanted to destroy that world in order to create his own utopian world, which is free.

I checked the other posts and it is kinda funny how generally everyone said “protecting his loved ones”. Eren wanted to protect his loved ones for sure, but that was not the main motive of Rumbling.

that new OP and ED song are totally misleading them lol

or is it a sign of an anime original ending?
Jan 18, 2022 12:32 PM
Nov 2021
deg said:
Yetzest said:

I don’t think it is a sign of an anime original ending. To be honest, they already confirmed the ending won’t change by confirming Rumbling. Because if Eren doesn’t stop Rumbling in chapter 131, that would be inconsistent for Eren. And Isayama wouldn’t want that imo.
Jan 18, 2022 12:35 PM
Nov 2021
_spoon_ said:
unknown the writer did a terrible job of explaining it

Or maybe you just didn’t understand it? Because “the writer” didn’t just explain this, “the writer” explained this explicitly. Eren’s main motive for Rumbling is not even implicit mate.
Jan 18, 2022 12:36 PM

Jan 2009
Yetzest said:
deg said:

I don’t think it is a sign of an anime original ending. To be honest, they already confirmed the ending won’t change by confirming Rumbling. Because if Eren doesn’t stop Rumbling in chapter 131, that would be inconsistent for Eren. And Isayama wouldn’t want that imo.

i posted this on another thread a while ago

Eren did the rumbling first out of his desire for freedom while saving his friends is just second goal of his

so will the anime adaptation changed that manga ending since the new OP and ED is like he did the rumbling for his loved ones and friends especially for Mikasa
Jan 18, 2022 12:40 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Yetzest said:
deg said:

Yetzest said:
deg said:

That's not what AoE is....What AoE entails is that instead of Eren stupidly allowing only 80% of the world to be destroyed via The Rumbling, instead via the anime timeline, he's going to complete it 100% thus creating the world/peace that he wants because Paradis's enemies (Whether that includes his friends or not) will all be dead

There's videos on youtube on it that details it all so if you want me to link one for you so that you can understand the bigger picture of it, I can do that
Jan 18, 2022 12:42 PM
Apr 2016
Some of you guys really need to stop thinking that there was some noble plan behind his actions. He did the Rumbling for himself first and foremost.
Jan 18, 2022 12:43 PM

Jul 2021
Yetzest said:
_spoon_ said:
unknown the writer did a terrible job of explaining it

Or maybe you just didn’t understand it? Because “the writer” didn’t just explain this, “the writer” explained this explicitly. Eren’s main motive for Rumbling is not even implicit mate.
It was very badly explained, the reason op, me, and many other people didn't understand it well is like I said the writer did a bad job of explaining it and made it very confusing to understand. I guess by me saying unknown at the being of my first message might have made you take it as me saying the author made no explanation so that's my bad.

Jan 18, 2022 12:59 PM
Nov 2021
Tokoya said:
Yetzest said:

Yetzest said:

That's not what AoE is....What AoE entails is that instead of Eren stupidly allowing only 80% of the world to be destroyed via The Rumbling, instead via the anime timeline, he's going to complete it 100% thus creating the world/peace that he wants because Paradis's enemies (Whether that includes his friends or not) will all be dead

There's videos on youtube on it that details it all so if you want me to link one for you so that you can understand the bigger picture of it, I can do that

What i am saying is that there is no point in him completing the Rumbling. The Whole point of chapter 131 is Eren misunderstanding freedom. Why would he still complete the Rumbling after knowing it won’t grant him freedom?
Jan 18, 2022 1:03 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Yetzest said:
Tokoya said:

What i am saying is that there is no point in him completing the Rumbling. The Whole point of chapter 131 is Eren misunderstanding freedom. Why would he still complete the Rumbling after knowing it won’t grant him freedom?
Yetzest said:
Tokoya said:

Freedom for Paradis, not just himself....He doesn't do the Rumbling they get destroyed by the world, did you just forget that key plot point lol

The only way peace can be obtained is for Eren to kill them all...It's fucked up, but given the way the story has been written from the jump, it's really the only solution, because as we saw in the manga ending, Paradis/Armin trying to Talk no Jutsu the world into letting them live and co-exist peacefully ultimately fails (Which was fucking obvious from jump street) - hence why this ending in the manga is so fucking shit and makes no sense

The only thing Eren achieved is screwing over his people which is the complete opposite of his goal/who he is
TokoyaJan 18, 2022 1:09 PM
Jan 18, 2022 1:09 PM
Nov 2021
_spoon_ said:
Yetzest said:

It was very badly explained, the reason op, me, and many other people didn't understand it well is like I said the writer did a bad job of explaining it and made it very confusing to understand. I guess by me saying unknown at the being of my first message might have made you take it as me saying the author made no explanation so that's my bad.

Some readers not understanding doesn’t mean it is badly explained. It just means some readers didn’t have enough reading comprehension (I am not saying this to be offensive so don’t get me wrong.). Eren’s main motive was explained early in the manga and also was summarised in Chapter 131.

“Eren, why did you want to see outside?”
“Because any people who have seen those would be the freest person in the World. This is Freedom.”

Eren wanted to see “Armin’s view”. But when he went beyond he walls, he was disappointed. The world wasn’t like it was in Armin’s book. So Eren wanted to wipe this world and create his utopian world in order to see “those things” and in fact be free.

As you see his motive for Rumbling was explained PRETTY EXPLICITLY and well. It is so clear that it is not even open to interpretation. As a bonus, i don’t know which chapter it is but early in the manga, there is a panel which Eren says to Armin “I realized i wasn’t free when i see the light in your eyes when you were talking about the scene, but i couldn’t see it.”. I hope i was clear enough. If you have any questions feel free to ask.
Jan 18, 2022 1:12 PM

Jan 2009
Tokoya said:
Yetzest said:

Yetzest said:

Freedom for Paradis, not just himself....He doesn't do the Rumbling they get destroyed by the world, did you just forget that key plot point lol

The only way peace can be obtained is for Eren to kill them all...It's fucked up, but given the way the story has been written from the jump, it's really the only solution, because as we saw in the manga ending, Paradis/Armin trying to Talk no Jutsu the world into letting them live and co-exist peacefully ultimately fails (Which was fucking obvious from jump street) - hence why this ending in the manga is so fucking shit and makes no sense

The only thing Eren achieved is screwing over his people which is the complete opposite of his goal/who he is

question why do you think Eren let his friends still have their titan powers then?

his desire for the rumbling is also conflicting with second goal of saving his friends right? and he achieved both of his goals especially letting his friends live a long life
Jan 18, 2022 1:15 PM

Jul 2021
Yetzest said:
_spoon_ said:

Some readers not understanding doesn’t mean it is badly explained. It just means some readers didn’t have enough reading comprehension (I am not saying this to be offensive so don’t get me wrong.). Eren’s main motive was explained early in the manga and also was summarised in Chapter 131.

“Because any people who have seen those would be the freest person in the World. This is Freedom.”

Eren wanted to see “Armin’s view”. But when he went beyond he walls, he was disappointed. The world wasn’t like it was in Armin’s book. So Eren wanted to wipe this world and create his utopian world in order to see “those things” and in fact be free.

As you see his motive for Rumbling was explained PRETTY EXPLICITLY and well. It is so clear that it is not even open to interpretation. As a bonus, i don’t know which chapter it is but early in the manga, there is a panel which Eren says to Armin “I realized i wasn’t free when i see the light in your eyes when you were talking about the scene, but i couldn’t see it.”. I hope i was clear enough. If you have any questions feel free to ask.
I'm pretty sure if a lot of people didn't understand then it is badly explained, and just because you don't understand an explanation doesn't mean you lack basic reading comprehension bruh. Also, you removed a lot of dialogue when he said he wanted to become a martyr, end the cycle of hatred, wanting to save his friends, remove the titan curse etc. Multiple different motivations are explained hence why it's hard to understand. I really don't want to argue with you.

Jan 18, 2022 1:21 PM
Nov 2021
Tokoya said:
Yetzest said:

Yetzest said:

AOT’s point was that world peace and ultimate freedom being impossible. As long as mankind exists mankind’s malice will never end. Even Erwin says that. As long as Eren doesn’t kill everyone including himself there won’t be peace or ultimate freedom. And as far as everyone knows, Eren killing his friends is inconsistent for his character. So that is inconsistent to theme of AOT and Eren’s character. And also as i explained, it is not a solution if you only kill the enemies instead of everyone. “Talk no Jutsu” is corny but i’ll pass not criticising it. Eren knew Paradise could get hundreds years later. The point was Eren’s friends living long lives and so on, be free by seeing the beautiful days. Eren achieved a path for his friends’ freedom, learnt and realized what really freedom was and become free at the end (Grounded). Eren achieved more than what you think. And you are criticising Eren for not achieving something that is literally impossible and only possible in 1 way which is the opposite thing he want. Ironic, isn’t it?
Jan 18, 2022 1:25 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
deg said:
Tokoya said:

question why do you think Eren let his friends still have their titan powers then?

his desire for the rumbling is also conflicting with second goal of saving his friends right? and he achieved both of his goals especially letting his friends live a long life
Only Eren had his powers still (It's actually one of the reasons why people think that the loop will continue and thus cause AoE because he still had his Titan markings activated despite being dead/getting rid of the powers)

But as for his friends, this was the end that Armin ultimately wanted, not Eren, and as such Eren decided to put his faith in Armin to see if he can truly achieve that freedom he always wanted (Because here, we are supposed to believe that Armin is the true hero lol), and yes Armin managed to do just that....But that was only for him and his friends....Paradis never achieved freedom from the hatred/racism/pain subjected onto them by the world because as we saw, the world came back and obliterated them, no questions asked lol (And rightfully so too)

If they were free from it all, the island would still be populated and thriving and not a wasteland
Jan 18, 2022 1:29 PM
Nov 2021
_spoon_ said:
Yetzest said:

I'm pretty sure if a lot of people didn't understand then it is badly explained, and just because you don't understand an explanation doesn't mean you lack basic reading comprehension bruh. Also, you removed a lot of dialogue when he said he wanted to become a martyr, end the cycle of hatred, wanting to save his friends, remove the titan curse etc. Multiple different motivations are explained hence why it's hard to understand. I really don't want to argue with you.

I can’t write all of his motives in a thread bud. I was talking about his main motive for Rumbling and i told you about this. The dialogues i didn’t write doesn’t debunk my point, so they don’t matter in this convo. There is alot more people who understood this than you think, so quit with “nobody understand this”. And also by that sentence of yours, you committed appeal to popularity fallacy, so i’ll let you know that you can’t back up your argument like that. And you also know there is alot of people reading AOT as a “read and skip”, not paying attention to mental philosophy of the character. My explanation didn’t have any of my personal interpretation and was all objective, straight out of narrative of manga itself. But you just skipped all of my elaboration and just replied with the same thing. So i genuinely want to learn if you really want to learn Eren’s main motive in this thread or just call AOT’s some aspects “bad”?
YetzestJan 19, 2022 9:43 AM
Jan 18, 2022 1:30 PM

Jan 2009
Tokoya said:
deg said:

Only Eren had his powers still (It's actually one of the reasons why people think that the loop will continue and thus cause AoE because he still had his Titan markings activated despite being dead/getting rid of the powers)

But as for his friends, this was the end that Armin ultimately wanted, not Eren, and as such Eren decided to put his faith in Armin to see if he can truly achieve that freedom he always wanted (Because here, we are supposed to believe that Armin is the true hero lol), and yes Armin managed to do just that....But that was only for him and his friends....Paradis never achieved freedom from the hatred/racism/pain subjected onto them by the world because as we saw, the world came back and obliterated them, no questions asked lol (And rightfully so too)

If they were free from it all, the island would still be populated and thriving and not a wasteland

i mean Eren could have just put all his friends to sleep via his founding titan power and the PATHS until he completed the rumbling but he did not do so so that means he knows he will not complete the rumbling since he let his friends stop him
Jan 18, 2022 1:44 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
deg said:
Tokoya said:

i mean Eren could have just put all his friends to sleep via his founding titan power and the PATHS until he completed the rumbling but he did not do so so that means he knows he will not complete the rumbling since he let his friends stop him
There was many things that Eren could have done that would have made a ton of sense in order to complete the Rumbling lol but yet here we are

Isayama decided to tell us that Eren, the man with all the knowledge and power in the world and then some, this vary same man whose ability surpasses space and time, that this very same man had no fucking idea what he was doing this whole time and instead decided to leave it all to Jesus Armin who in the end, contradicted his entire fucking character/goal and THANKED Eren for killing 80% of the world

I was going to respond to you too @Yetzest but your post has shown me that your head canon and just overall misinterpretation of everything is so strong that I'm not gonna even bother but what I will say about the first part is that YES, it is impossible for them achieve world peace.....That's why Eren was going to destroy the world lol

There was no conflict anymore in Paradis....That entire island was pro Eren and the only people who were trying to stop him were his friends lol - And as we saw 80-100 years later, the island was peaceful and thriving without a care in the world as a result of the psuedo freedom that Armin gave them....Imagine if they REALLY were free
Jan 18, 2022 1:48 PM
Jan 2021
RicCianc said:
He sacrificed himself so all the world will see him as the "devil" and Paradis as normal people, because they fought together with Marley to kill Eren.

Also to end the titan power, to save his friend and to free Ymir.

Still Paradis had to build an army tgis shows that they still had fear of conflicts with a population of 20 million . And eventually Paradis was nuked sooo
Jan 18, 2022 1:55 PM
Nov 2021
Tokoya said:
deg said:

There was many things that Eren could have done that would have made a ton of sense in order to complete the Rumbling lol but yet here we are

Isayama decided to tell us that Eren, the man with all the knowledge and power in the world and then some, this vary same man whose ability surpasses space and time, that this very same man had no fucking idea what he was doing this whole time and instead decided to leave it all to Jesus Armin who in the end, contradicted his entire fucking character/goal and THANKED Eren for killing 80% of the world

I was going to respond to you too @Yetzest but your post has shown me that your head canon and just overall misinterpretation of everything is so strong that I'm not gonna even bother but what I will say about the first part is that YES, it is impossible for them achieve world peace.....That's why Eren was going to destroy the world lol

There was no conflict anymore in Paradis....That entire island was pro Eren and the only people who were trying to stop him were his friends lol - And as we saw 80-100 years later, the island was peaceful and thriving without a care in the world as a result of the psuedo freedom that Armin gave them....Imagine if they REALLY were free

If you aren’t gonna care for other’s argument than don’t bother joining a thread. I debunked any of your arguments and i gave you context for manga for my every argument yet you call this headcanon and misinterpretation (probably because it proves your “headcanon and misinterpretation” to be inconsistent with Attack On Titan.). If my argument was really that bad, it wouldn’t be hard proving it to be wrong like i did to yours. You just said Eren killing his friends would be a good ending. Like man his friends are literally HIS FREEDOM. Why the hell would he do that? He was willing to even give up on Rumbling for Mikasa (chapter 123). His freedom was literally Armin’s freedom, his scene (chapter 131 and pretty much every chapter Eren mentions Armin’s book.). I suggest you to reread AOT to comprehend it’s main theme and basic parts of Eren’s characterisation before calling my elaboration a headcanon and misinterpretation without elaborating.
Jan 18, 2022 1:58 PM
Jan 2021
Yetzest said:
Tokoya said:

AOT’s point was that world peace and ultimate freedom being impossible. As long as mankind exists mankind’s malice will never end. Even Erwin says that. As long as Eren doesn’t kill everyone including himself there won’t be peace or ultimate freedom. And as far as everyone knows, Eren killing his friends is inconsistent for his character. So that is inconsistent to theme of AOT and Eren’s character. And also as i explained, it is not a solution if you only kill the enemies instead of everyone. “Talk no Jutsu” is corny but i’ll pass not criticising it. Eren knew Paradise could get hundreds years later. The point was Eren’s friends living long lives and so on, be free by seeing the beautiful days. Eren achieved a path for his friends’ freedom, learnt and realized what really freedom was and become free at the end (Grounded). Eren achieved more than what you think. And you are criticising Eren for not achieving something that is literally impossible and only possible in 1 way which is the opposite thing he want. Ironic, isn’t it?

Yeah lmao a literature student here and just wanna say that there was no need for a protagonist or even a story if the point A in the story is the same as point B which is the ending , the cycle of hatred continued and eren could not break it it might sound poetic but it takes away eren's most badass moments.
But even so if you wanted a ' cycle of hatred won't end ' ending it would have been much better if the world outside is killed fully and Paradisians fought among themselves showing that humans are humans biggest enemies even if they are from the same race and birthplace rather than showing the same opression of a particular race by everyone else
Jan 18, 2022 2:22 PM

Jan 2009
Tokoya said:
deg said:

thats the point Eren have a dilemma or conflict of interest going on with balancing him wanting to do the rumbling and him wanting his friends to have a long life and he did both good enough
Jan 18, 2022 2:42 PM
Oct 2017
Please post your manga topics in the manga forum, or is that too much for your brain to handle?
Jan 18, 2022 2:44 PM

Jan 2009
BloodyTaer said:
Please post your manga topics in the manga forum, or is that too much for your brain to handle?

this is the manga section
Jan 18, 2022 2:46 PM
Oct 2017
deg said:
BloodyTaer said:

this is the manga section
yeah i just noticed but it was initially posted on the anime forum and then a mod moved it to the manga forum
Jan 18, 2022 11:19 PM
Oct 2017
Welll… Only Ymir knows that one.

But yeah, he just pulled a discount Lelouch, that was poorly thought out and didn’t end up working.
Jan 19, 2022 2:03 AM
Jan 2021
deg said:
Tokoya said:

thats the point Eren have a dilemma or conflict of interest going on with balancing him wanting to do the rumbling and him wanting his friends to have a long life and he did both good enough

Eren is a selfish character first , he wanted to rumble the world to gain freedom , he cared for his friends but not more than his selfish goal.
He didn't know that alliance would stop him if he knew he would never fight Armin with his collosal form . The alliance heavily outpowered eren . And his " i killed 80 percent of the world so u can live with peace " comes out as an excuse to justify his horrific actions , and do you really think eren would just let his friends kill him? He did all this just to be free ain't no way a character driven by freedom would just let his friends kill him
Paradis had to live in fear that's why they established their own army and historia took the helm.
" I would end the cycle of hatred"
" I will not let fate decide the future of paradis"
Well he did not end the cycle and he absolutely let the fate decide the future of paradis.
Jan 19, 2022 6:47 AM

Jan 2009
Aastik_V said:
deg said:

Eren is a selfish character first , he wanted to rumble the world to gain freedom , he cared for his friends but not more than his selfish goal.
He didn't know that alliance would stop him if he knew he would never fight Armin with his collosal form . The alliance heavily outpowered eren . And his " i killed 80 percent of the world so u can live with peace " comes out as an excuse to justify his horrific actions , and do you really think eren would just let his friends kill him? He did all this just to be free ain't no way a character driven by freedom would just let his friends kill him
Paradis had to live in fear that's why they established their own army and historia took the helm.
Well he did not end the cycle and he absolutely let the fate decide the future of paradis.

again you people make it seem that its a black and white thinking or Eren has all or nothing thinking going on when it comes to his goal of freedom, there are cases in the manga where Eren cared for his friends too like when he said he wanted them to have a good life instead of inheriting his Attack Titan

what im saying is Eren is having some cognitive dissonance on his mind like normal people do
Jan 19, 2022 7:15 AM
Jan 2021
deg said:
Aastik_V said:

again you people make it seem that its a black and white thinking or Eren has all or nothing thinking going on when it comes to his goal of freedom, there are cases in the manga where Eren cared for his friends too like when he said he wanted them to have a good life instead of inheriting his Attack Titan

what im saying is Eren is having some cognitive dissonance on his mind like normal people do

i never said that eren doesnt care about his friends , he does but not more than his own selfish goal , didnt he kill hange , wasnt she a comrade .

Jan 19, 2022 7:18 AM

Jan 2009
Aastik_V said:
deg said:

i never said that eren doesnt care about his friends , he does but not more than his own selfish goal , didnt he kill hange , wasnt she a comrade .

Hange and him fought (verbally) with all that Tatakae Tatakae scene so maybe he does not care much about Hange
Jan 19, 2022 7:52 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Yetzest said:
Tokoya said:

If you aren’t gonna care for other’s argument than don’t bother joining a thread. I debunked any of your arguments and i gave you context for manga for my every argument yet you call this headcanon and misinterpretation (probably because it proves your “headcanon and misinterpretation” to be inconsistent with Attack On Titan.). If my argument was really that bad, it wouldn’t be hard proving it to be wrong like i did to yours. You just said Eren killing his friends would be a good ending. Like man his friends are literally HIS FREEDOM. Why the hell would he do that? He was willing to even give up on Rumbling for Mikasa (chapter 123). His freedom was literally Armin’s freedom, his scene (chapter 131 and pretty much every chapter Eren mentions Armin’s book.). I suggest you to reread AOT to comprehend it’s main theme and basic parts of Eren’s characterisation before calling my elaboration a headcanon and misinterpretation without elaborating.
You provided nothing but your own headcanon based interpretation for particular chapters, but if you want to truly be enlighten by a proper and accurate analysis of the manga I can show you the right path
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Should the new "volume 35" art book with an extra chapter about Levi's backstory be considered part of this series or should it get its own entry on here?

ryan77999 - May 1

9 by ryan77999 »»
Yesterday, 12:20 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 139 / Ending Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

NextUniverse - Apr 7, 2021

1875 by Berry-Vodka »»
May 3, 8:17 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 138 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

deg - Mar 5, 2021

1128 by Berry-Vodka »»
Apr 25, 11:25 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 4 Discussion

MagEarwhig - Sep 11, 2011

25 by HenryDanger »»
Apr 24, 6:34 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 141 Discussion

venti_e - Sep 30, 2022

32 by Berry-Vodka »»
Apr 20, 1:36 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.