Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (10) « First ... « 8 9 [10]
Apr 26, 2020 11:45 AM
Sep 2018
better episode than the first one.
May 27, 2020 9:55 PM

Jan 2018
what is happening, is this some kinda in-your-face haibane renmei? can't say i'm liking it to much tho.
Jun 12, 2020 5:18 PM

May 2015
Wow, I didnt think Yuri had her flashback talk this early. Stuff going on a lot quicker than I remember.

But yeah I completely forgot about the changing ED with the characters. I love when series do this.

Was soooooooooo nice seeing best girl Kanade wrecking everyone in a badass way. Love her so much. She was my original Waifu when I got into anime and has never moved from 2nd favourite since she left 1st. I love her blades and how she slow walks everywhere.
Yuritopia FTW!!!!!!!!! BANZAI TO YURI !!!!!!!!!!!!
Jul 27, 2020 11:10 PM

Jan 2020
The ED fakeout towards the beginning was really good and made me burst out laughing.
Oct 17, 2020 3:06 PM
Nekogirl~

Mar 2014
Omg I can understand that she wants to "fight" god ... To die like that ... and having memories of it must be awful .... But I have this feeling it may be not the right way? As if there is something more to that? Idk ... But really nice episode.

Nov 1, 2020 1:05 AM

Jan 2017
Damn Yuri had such a tragic past. But wtf were those robbers expecting from a kid anyways, they're much better off just tying them all up

The crew getting killed off one-by-one at the traps were hilarious though
Dec 8, 2020 11:30 AM

Aug 2018
Awesome OP and ED o7
Jan 1, 2021 1:05 AM
EOussama

Dec 2016
Okay episode, I don't remember the show being this bashful though.
Jan 4, 2021 7:16 AM

Aug 2017
This episode was very entertaining with the traps. Kinda hilarious some of them. It seems that they don't care to die or from what I see they don't have a trauma for it. Yui past was very brutal but it's not that bad either, it's not that she had a horrible life, they were upper-middle class. It was just an unfortunate event.

youtoome said:
Trap with lasers remind me first movie of resident evil.
And Yuri's past was sad but tell her find something valuable and kill people every 10 minutes is maybe little stupid....
To first i think they gonna rape her.

Lol sorry for the quote after +10 years but I agree with the laser trap, I thought I was the only one who remembered that scene from the first Resident Evil movie lol.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Jan 14, 2021 2:43 PM
Mar 2020
This episode was pretty sweet, apart from Yuupi's hardcore backstory (that was messed up).
The ED was really good.
I still don't know where the story is going, but I have a feeling that when I finish I will look at this episode in a different light.

I just hope there are no more body part rubbing scenes
Mar 4, 2021 3:34 PM

Jan 2020
Another let down.
The OP and ED are meh, nothing horrible nor good.
This anime is trying with all it's got to make me laugh, it's not, it's really not. This comedy is fucking garbage.

Of course we have the backstory time~ I was expecting this to be explained at about halfway through the anime, but guess not.

The backstory felt really underwhelming, despite how emotional it could've been, the way it was shown just felt too underwhelming. The timing was also off too. I don't care about Yuri, so how am I supposed to feel for her? If I've slowly got to understand and find out more about her character, maybe I would've felt 100x more emotional.

That whole point of "stopping Kanade" was useless too.
Mar 12, 2021 11:29 AM

Aug 2013
Extremely faced past episode.

So much semi-humorous death and then the anime decides to randomly drop us with Yuri's backstory, which while incredibly tragic, came so out of nowhere in the middle part, that I struggle to feel anything for her beyond basic human sympathy.
Beyond that I wish we'd get some more questions from Otonashi's side as clearly there are answers to their relationship with Tenshi that for some reason he's still not probing into.

Still not feeling much for the rest of the characters. Hinata's pretty ok and Shiina's cute, I guess.

Ending is very nice on the other hand and once again the animation is top. Guess this'll be a given.
May 31, 2021 8:44 PM

Jul 2019
Hmm, this episode for me at least shows me where AB is a little superficial, it seems like Yuri's situation with her family is just sone way to play with heartstrings rather than being a fully legitimate backstory. When I first watched it I can't remember what I thought of it other than it was sad for sure. They have no mention of how Yuri dies and I forgot how others die in this anime apart from
I should also mention how cringe the dub voices are for the thieves bruh. Idk what accent that is but it reminds me of NY (maybe Brooklyn??)

Anyways, the comedy here was slightly drier than what I remember but it did it's bit for sure. Hopefully I don't grow out of it, since I actually do find myself laughing. The way they ditched TK, damn lmao. And how dumb Shiina is.

Guild was great too, I was just trying to remember the old guild from out of the Heaven's Door manga but I can't quite remember the difference. Though I will have a look when I can.

OP and ED goat as usual. ED feels are real. Also great job Lia.
NextUniverseMay 31, 2021 8:49 PM
Jul 21, 2021 2:45 AM

Apr 2021
Wow they have a place called the guild that makes weapons for em....It was sad to hear Yuri's past...overall a great episode
Sep 6, 2021 1:52 PM

Jul 2016
Don't mess with me. Those robbers didn't want any money. They just wanted to kill some children for the sake of shock value. Edgy Jun Maeda sure hits different, huh?

Anyways, good thing I decided to re-watch this show since I now can see the many inconsistencies it had back then.
Nov 6, 2021 4:36 PM
Dec 2017
i fucking love the music here.

Dec 8, 2021 11:40 AM

Aug 2008
Rewatching this series after a decade gone by and I only remember this show in a general sense so finer plot details are something I'll have to re-experience. Got to say the flashback is rather melodramatic, dying after robbers kill her siblings after she fails to bring valuables. Doesn't specify that they killed her as well, perhaps something to be revealed later. I suppose whatever the cause of death for all the characters it is of course a tragedy so tears are trying to be brought by the writers. Accidents are one thing, this was a few steps beyond though.

Overall setting has that throwaway fun that I remember though, after a couple episodes I can agree with my original 7 rating, shall have to see how it goes for the future.
Jan 12, 2022 3:30 AM

Jul 2021
I'm loving the OP and the ED, absolute bangers.

This was a great episode with both funny and tense moments. That climbing scene xD "Why does she smell so good?" LMAO.

The episode was going on a little too funny and then they showed us the back story of Yuri and fuck that was traumatic.

Tenshi is really badass and kawai at the same time, I love how her expressions don't even change a bit while she's fighting or falling to her death in the exploded guild, seems like she either doesn't feel pain or is very resilient to it, I like her.

Very nice episode overall, enjoyed a lot. 5/5

The end of an era. Thank you Wit, Mappa and Isayama.
Feeling half happy, half sad.

Kawaii waifus
and precious
  best girls <3333

Jan 15, 2022 5:17 AM
Aug 2020
Just starting this show for first time and it’s weird.
I like the core idea but the world feels very under developed. It’s like ideas are being introduced so quickly without giving them time.

Why is purgatory a high school? Is there anything beyond its grounds?
Why stage a concert just to blow away meal tickets?
What about non NPCs who go to classes? It’d be good to see that perspective.
The traps felt absurd given no one can die, and if Angel can’t die either I’m surprised she hasn’t torn down the guild before.
How on earth is there such a foundry below the school anyway?
It feels so weird that the rebels enjoy so much freedom around the school, like barely any consequence?
Can memories be taken away? It’s implied ?
How do all those technicians have memories letting them build weapons and explosives?
AHA-LambdaJan 15, 2022 5:36 AM
Apr 9, 2022 1:32 PM

Sep 2020
The girl's backstory is parody-level, given how tragic it is.
The Indiana Jones and Resident Evil traps were cool though
L01MKApr 9, 2022 1:38 PM
Aug 4, 2022 2:05 PM

May 2020
This episode is so much funnier than the first one. I liked the change in scenery too, happy to leave behind the anime high school.
Jan 4, 2023 11:12 PM
Jan 2023
Loved this one. Didn't seem like there were many plot-holes or handwaving, especially if the method by which the Guild produces stuff is explained later. Lots of openings for later arcs that I noticed too, which were interesting but didn't interrupt the flow of the episode. Character development was short and sweet, and the plot got moved forward a good bit.
Feb 27, 2023 7:05 PM
Feb 2021
Big improvement over the first episode, this show seems really promising. I don't really know what their goal is though, or if they even have one besides not disappearing. I would assume there's something underlying. Hopefully we get to see Tenshi eventually interact with the others. I assume she's a human too or something
Mar 4, 2023 10:19 AM

Jan 2022
This episode was a lot funnier than the previous one. I liked it a lot more. Hilarious when he was like "I'm very fond of you" and the other guy was like "are you like that" or something along those lines. It made me laugh. Glad everyone woke up and was fine again. TK is great lmao
This never updates so that's cool
Mar 22, 2023 4:46 AM

Dec 2022
This war they're having against Angel is awfully one-sided in motive. She doesn't even attack anyone unless prompted, and most of what she did in this epsiode was defensive. I feel like she'd be up for discussing things like them if they bothered.

Yuri is a decent character. The rest of the SSS are mostly composed of walking tropes, but that doesn't mean they aren't entertaining. The trap passage to the guild was a fun sequence.

Shaded Horizon

Apr 10, 2023 6:40 AM
Aug 2022
oh boy this is getting ridiculous, i hope there is a meaning behind all this
Apr 21, 2023 8:31 PM

Jun 2017
T.K.'s English pronunciation is pretty impressive!

This second episode makes you optimistic about how this show will have its potential. I'll keep my fingers crossed!

She got him back. If you understand the characters well enough, you'd know she did!
Apr 25, 2023 11:16 PM

Dec 2012
"You'll be next--"

Drowns.

That first part was hilarious. Took a bit of time to warm up to the comedy, but traps kept it coming. Yurippe's memories are indeed morbid, certainly darker than I remember. The only thing that bothered me was how quickly it flips the switch on the mood. I needed a bit more time to let my heart sink on that one.
Jul 2, 2023 4:28 AM
Jan 2018
just perfect anime, drame, fight action, love, mystery, etc best
Aug 27, 2023 9:08 PM
May 2023
The worldbuilding is there but im still stuck with so much questions
Sep 10, 2023 8:50 PM

Sep 2020
Very fun ep, Yuri's story is one of the most f-ed up things I've heard/seen.

So those people just spend their whole life underground?
SlammyHammySep 10, 2023 8:54 PM
"You can't decide the future, but I'm going to re-educate you in the past!" - Erna Kurtz
Nov 29, 2023 6:08 PM

Nov 2023
I really like the opening theme. Another added in my musical playlist
Dec 17, 2023 2:40 PM
Feb 2020
Overall this episode was good and the whole guild part was interesting and prepared some content for the future.

But.

The beginning of the episode when they were going to the guild was quite funny and I like to see this kind of humor here and there.
And then there was Yuri's past which was to me a bit shocking although the anime already presented it's not afraid to show more than just some nosebleeds. What bother's me and what made me give this a 3 * is the enormous contrast of how death usually was presented in this series so far.
I don't specifically mind the brutality itself but rather the spot in which it was placed.
It just snapped in and that seemed random to me.
Mar 27, 5:13 PM
Jan 2024
It was solid. When I watched this a while back I remember really loving this episode and for good reason. It's an enjoyable time.
Apr 9, 3:26 AM

Dec 2022
God damn a lot of peeps died + came back yes ofc. Interesting to see some Yuri backstory and knowing how sad it is.

Pages (10) « First ... « 8 9 [10]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Angel Beats! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

game8910 - Apr 2, 2010

677 by copypasterCPS »»
May 13, 11:31 AM

» Explanation

Vapor_AU - Apr 27

17 by Saimatsu_Fan »»
Apr 29, 11:38 PM

Poll: » Angel Beats! Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ShibuyaRiver - Jun 25, 2010

1752 by jilebi_james23 »»
Apr 23, 10:54 AM

Poll: » Angel Beats! Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ShibuyaRiver - Jun 4, 2010

662 by jilebi_james23 »»
Apr 22, 2:41 PM

Poll: » Angel Beats! Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ShibuyaRiver - May 28, 2010

565 by jilebi_james23 »»
Apr 22, 2:13 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.