Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jan 9, 2022 5:38 AM

May 2012
Popularity wise we have quite a few of contendors.

-AoT Final Season Pt 2 and probably end with a movie.
-Bleach TYBW
-Spy x Family
-JoJo Part 6
-Demon Slayer Entertainment District

And of course, Chainsaw Man. I think everyone already knows it, even if they don't want to admit it, but CSM will be the biggest release of the year (even if sales wise it's looking like Bleach will probably take the cake).

So what do you think about it right now as the year is kicking off? How easily will CSM take the crown? Or are you under the AoT rush right now for the moment?
k11chiJan 9, 2022 5:42 AM
Jan 9, 2022 5:45 AM

Nov 2020
I didn’t read the manga but based on the talk I would want to predict that CSM will have the highest sales and will be the AOTY. If AOT S4 will be considered for the awards then it’s gonna have amazing competition.
Na, Hashiru No Suki Ka?

Jan 9, 2022 5:50 AM
Aug 2021
k11chi said:

-Bleach TYBW
-Spy x Family
-JoJo Part 6

And of course, Chainsaw Man. I think everyone already knows it, even if they don't want to admit it, but CSM will be the biggest release of the year (even if sales wise it's looking like Bleach will probably take the cake).

So what do you think about it right now as the year is kicking off? How easily will CSM take the crown? Or are you under the AoT rush right now for the moment?
Bleach easily stomps I think ( haven’t read or seen bleach ) but I think it may win
Jan 9, 2022 6:17 AM

Apr 2021
mechastro said:
I didn’t read the manga but based on the talk I would want to predict that CSM will have the highest sales and will be the AOTY. If AOT S4 will be considered for the awards then it’s gonna have amazing competition.

Given the ending, I hardly see it winning.
Jan 9, 2022 6:18 AM

May 2021
I mean you haven't taken consideration of kaguya sama. It maybe tie between Kaguya sama and csm for me
Jan 9, 2022 6:20 AM

Jun 2016
The important question is: does it matter?
MEA·MENTVLA·INGENS·EST
Jan 9, 2022 6:22 AM
Apr 2020
Theo1899 said:

My exact thoughts
Jan 9, 2022 6:22 AM

Mar 2015
JoJo will probably get the AOTY title from me personally. But I think if the whole CSM anime looks as good as the trailer did it will definitely be a massive hit. As for AoT, from what I've seen the ending seems to be pretty controversial so it will most likely depend on that. If it's well received it could easily overshadow everything else this year, but if it's a flop it might only stay on people's minds for bad reasons...
Jan 9, 2022 6:26 AM

Jan 2009
Japan profit or sales is still massive and Spy x Family is more popular there than CSM

so Japans taste matter more
Jan 9, 2022 6:48 AM

May 2012
deg said:
Japan profit or sales is still massive and Spy x Family is more popular there than CSM

so Japans taste matter more

CSM will also get the same audience that buy Slice of Life to buy it since people might think it's just a gore series when it has a lot of heart-warming moment that will become apparent when the series starts airing. So those people who are already on SxF will go to CSM too.
Jan 9, 2022 6:54 AM
Nov 2021
k11chi said:

-Bleach TYBW
-Spy x Family
-JoJo Part 6

the animes which have already got aoty can't be counted again for aoty they will be automatically removed so yeah most probably the rivals of csm are going to be spy family, jigokuraku
Jan 9, 2022 7:07 AM

May 2012
REAPERxVIPER said:
k11chi said:

-Bleach TYBW
-Spy x Family
-JoJo Part 6

the animes which have already got aoty can't be counted again for aoty they will be automatically removed so yeah most probably the rivals of csm are going to be spy family, jigokuraku

Jigo is in similar position of CSM with no anime yet there is virtually no interest towards it. Is the manga even selling anything?
Jan 9, 2022 7:19 AM
Feb 2021
k11chi said:
REAPERxVIPER said:

Jigo is in similar position of CSM with no anime yet there is virtually no interest towards it. Is the manga even selling anything?
I don’t know if there are any update on sold so IDK but the last time I check the Shounen Jump + web(2-3 months ago), Jigokuraku was 4th place on the web trending.
Jan 9, 2022 7:20 AM

Nov 2019
k11chi said:
REAPERxVIPER said:

At least when they were both publishing, Jigo sold 70k on a volume, while CSM sold 130k on a volume launched the same week. By comparison, an Spy x Family volume launched around the same time sold around 500k units, so it's pretty obvious which is the most popular.
Jan 9, 2022 7:22 AM

May 2012
XeozTn9 said:
k11chi said:

At least when they were both publishing, Jigo sold 70k on a volume, while CSM sold 130k on a volume launched the same week. By comparison, an Spy x Family volume launched around the same time sold around 500k units, so it's pretty obvious which is the most popular.

Yeah, Chainsaw Man which has 11 million copies sold atm.
https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2021-06-28/tatsuki-fujimoto-chainsaw-man-manga-has-11-million-copies-in-circulation/.174510
Jan 9, 2022 7:25 AM

Jan 2021
Popularity wise, its looking like this in japan.
Kny Entertainment district arc/Aot s4 (Both are immensely hyped right now so cant say which one is more)
Bleach TWBY (A lot of people are looking for its come back)
Chainsaw man
Spy x family (Well the manga sales does say that spy x family is more popular in japan than CSM but there is an equal chance for both of them)
If you enjoyed the time you wasted, then its not a waste of time.

Jan 9, 2022 7:47 AM
Jun 2020
Chainsaw man is not getting aoty this year to much competition maybe for 2nd season
Jan 9, 2022 8:16 AM
Mar 2021
Oongbuh said:
mechastro said:

ppl dont kn the ending thats y. personally i think many wont like it, and so sales/popularity wont be that high
Jan 9, 2022 8:44 AM
Dec 2020
The manga is good but IMO its not "that" good but bc how the comunity work and a bunch of people wanting to get on the hype train,the fans want more people to know,the fans want to stay normal and the hater hating it wont have the best comunity
Jan 9, 2022 9:23 AM

Nov 2020
Oongbuh said:
mechastro said:

I don’t know it yet. I hear different opinions but it’s primarily not received well. Hopefully I like it.
Na, Hashiru No Suki Ka?

Jan 9, 2022 9:29 AM
Jul 2018
It's going to pretty hard to be honest
We have a huge opponent in AOT the final season part 2
But I think it can happen if MAPPA goes all out
The plot and characters are there
We just need a god tier adaptation
(I personally don't think jojo part 6 and spy x family will cause that many problems since the manga fandom likes CSM more)
Jan 9, 2022 10:29 AM

Apr 2021
Theo1899 said:
Theo1899 said:

This, tbh. (15 character limit)
Jan 9, 2022 11:48 AM
Mar 2020
If it’s good enough to get it easily... it will easily get it. I don’t understand the point of the thread.

𝘚𝘰𝘮𝘦𝘵𝘪𝘮𝘦𝘴 𝘸𝘩𝘦𝘯 𝘐 𝘤𝘭𝘰𝘴𝘦 𝘮𝘺 𝘦𝘺𝘦𝘴, 𝘐 𝘤𝘢𝘯’𝘵 𝘴𝘦𝘦.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Jan 9, 2022 12:29 PM
Mar 2021
Well let’s look at it
New anime made by one of the most famous studios
Popular manga
Will be talked about to oblivion
Isn’t a second season or anything
I think based off popularity it will win its anime of the year
And it will be great but I do hope there will be something to rival it because I would love to see something as fun as chainsawman
Jan 11, 2022 2:32 PM

May 2021
AOTY= ATTACK ON TITAN YEAR
ezzz
Jan 11, 2022 9:59 PM

May 2012
EviL_GriN said:
AOTY= ATTACK ON TITAN YEAR
ezzz
nah

Jan 12, 2022 2:54 AM

Sep 2020
Attack on Titan is the anime of the year. Don't quote me.
Jan 12, 2022 7:20 AM

Apr 2021
ZXEAN said:

Maybe in the year of 2013, it was. This one? Hell no.
Jan 12, 2022 7:24 AM

Sep 2020
Oongbuh said:
ZXEAN said:

is peak AOT plus this season gonna end at Ch 131. AOT easy win 🤓
Jan 12, 2022 9:17 PM

Aug 2021
new animes like spy x family, chainsaw man, blue lock, etc. should be the nominees for AOTY, not sequel/season 2 or more like aot s4p2, demon slayer s3, mob psycho s3, mha s6, etc. So it will be more fair ig. Anyways, if that is the case then CSM will easily be AOTY
Jan 13, 2022 4:23 AM

Apr 2021
ZXEAN said:
Oongbuh said:

Ah, to be a fanboy.
Jan 13, 2022 4:25 AM

Sep 2020
Oongbuh said:
ZXEAN said:

Ah, to be a fanboy.
Same goes for CSM.
Jan 15, 2022 2:49 AM

May 2012
ZXEAN said:
Oongbuh said:

Ah, to be a fanboy.
Same goes for CSM.

At least CSM is strong from the first chapter to the last...
Jan 15, 2022 1:59 PM

Apr 2021
ZXEAN said:
Oongbuh said:

Ah, to be a fanboy.
Same goes for CSM.

Difference being that CSM doesn't have a dog shit ending, and it's fanbase doesn't go harassing innocent people online.
Jan 15, 2022 6:09 PM

Sep 2020
Oongbuh said:
ZXEAN said:
Same goes for CSM.

Difference being that CSM doesn't have a dog shit ending, and it's fanbase doesn't go harassing innocent people online.
Your last statement is completely wrong and the ending for me is 7/10. It's not bad not good either.
Jan 15, 2022 6:11 PM

Sep 2020
k11chi said:
ZXEAN said:
Same goes for CSM.

At least CSM is strong from the first chapter to the last...
I can surely agree on that .
ZXEANJan 16, 2022 12:39 AM
Jan 15, 2022 9:58 PM
Nov 2020
Never read the manga. However from what I heard, If whatever studio does it right, this should be in contention for AOTY
Jan 17, 2022 7:25 PM

Jul 2021
If the ending in AOT is a lot more content ish for the most chapters that's near the climatic ending then AOT will definitely get the anime of the season, Spy X Family is also very unique and if the pacing is slow with some more additional content to compliment an aspect from the chapter they're adapting in a certain episode since the chapters are currently short in amount but long in page length then this can be a contender too, also CSM is very strong from the beginning until the end, we can't deny the world building is very appealing and characterization is well written > interesting ability and specialty too so therefore, if everything is keeping up like this then definitely it'll be another contender. My biggest worried is not all about the AOTY but the war is definitely going to be a competition later on which can be a source of entertainment for sure :P
"......If I told you that I was a real witch, would you believe it?"

Jan 17, 2022 7:29 PM

Jul 2017
If bleach is adapted well
Than my bet is on bleach
I am not a fan of csm
And there might dark horse like ousama ranking and 86 this year as well
Jan 18, 2022 11:52 PM
Jul 2021
Fight between blech TYBW , aot season 4 part 2 and CSM
Kny entertainment district arc doesn't even stand a chance in fornt of these monsters
Jan 19, 2022 3:32 AM

Mar 2021
Stone ocean ending clears all these shows, but I don't think a sequel would win Aoty

I guess Chainsaw man would take the crown. Its better than Spy x Family for a good reason
Jan 20, 2022 8:26 AM

Feb 2019
Wait...whenever I see the term "AOTY" on these forums, is it just referring to the Crunchyroll award? Because if that's the case then it shouldn't even be a question since it would just go with Shingeki no Kyojin, Kimetsu No Yaiba or CSM this year regardless of whether they are good or not. It's a mere popularity poll afterall.
Jan 20, 2022 8:38 AM

Jul 2021
Bleach is a big contender, but yea I can see chainsaw man winning.

Feb 11, 2022 12:16 PM
Apr 2020
Bleach has been off the seen for 10 long years, animation and production has changed in anime... I think Bleach can come back with a boom and show off the punkish gritty side Bleach really is especially since now it's being uncensored while having Shiro here and a new very good director... With the way anime has changed i think it can definitely become Aoty.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Chainsaw Man Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

YoshePlays - Oct 7, 2022

2656 by PokefanPT »»
Yesterday, 12:11 PM

» Blu Ray sales aren't everything

CreepHazard - Feb 1, 2023

39 by EastIndiaCompany »»
Yesterday, 7:30 AM

Poll: » Chainsaw Man Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Oct 18, 2022

1139 by xSake »»
Apr 23, 5:40 PM

Poll: » Chainsaw Man Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Dec 6, 2022

581 by Dark_zarich »»
Apr 21, 10:51 AM

Poll: » Chainsaw Man Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Nov 22, 2022

730 by Dark_zarich »»
Apr 21, 9:49 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.