Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Akame ga KILL!
Available on Manga Store
New
Dec 29, 2021 11:33 AM
Aug 2021
People who say “Anime is for kids” have never seen Akame Ga Kill.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Dec 29, 2021 11:34 AM
Jul 2018
And people who have seen Akame ga Kill, would truly say it is one of those anime that can only be enjoyed by a premature audience.
Dec 29, 2021 11:57 AM
Mar 2020
“Anime is for kids”
Meanwhile Black Lagoon, Tokyo Ghoul, Attack on Titan, Baki, Akame Ga Kill, Ghost in the Shell, Goblin Slayer and Berserk all exist.

The issue is people think Pokémon, Yu-gi-Oh!, Naruto and Digmon are the only anime and type of anime that exist so they assume it’s all like that or they just assume that animation as a whole can only be for kids because most western cartoons are mostly for kids. None of these people have certainly seen Akame Ga Kill.
Dec 29, 2021 12:13 PM
Oct 2017
Lmao and is akame ga kill the best exaple to show someone that anime isn't for kids?

Akame ga kill has a kids story, but it acts like its a mature story by putting tits and blood everywhere

You want an anctual mature anime? Watch perfect blue or paranoia agent, if you can understand those animes then you know youre not a kid anymore
Dec 29, 2021 12:15 PM

Aug 2018
“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.”

― C.S. Lewis
Dec 29, 2021 12:17 PM

Jan 2013
Millyphilly said:
And people who have seen Akame ga Kill, would truly say it is one of those anime that can only be enjoyed by a premature audience.

This.

It had a few moments but aside from that it was an anime about killing characters, that's it.
Entertaining but nothing special.
Dec 29, 2021 12:21 PM
Mar 2021
It really wasn't that bad surely there are some gory scenes(not gonna go into detail since some may not have seen bit I mean that scene.after the first episode I don't remember gory stuff that much although it's been ages since I last saw it.However even if the argument could be made about this being a gory anime or an adult only anime then what would higurashi be?that thing is miles ahead in terms of horror and gore
Dec 29, 2021 12:31 PM
Aug 2021
Then they only know the overrated anime like pokemon, and not ones like this.
Dec 29, 2021 12:39 PM
Sep 2021
Ur probably under the age of 13 thinking this anime is a “mature” anime when it’s really a kids story with gore. So brocken 🥀
Dec 29, 2021 12:46 PM
Stellaron Hunter

Oct 2020
I wouldn't go as far as to say that it's peak maturity but it was entertaining.
People who say anime is for kids are ignorant and shouldn't be taken seriously.

Incessant Rain

“Can you let me have some fun this time?”

Dec 29, 2021 1:15 PM
May 2021
Sure, Akame Ga Kill had plenty of gory scenes and murder, but it really isn't an example I would give to someone saying that animes are only for kids. It wasn't that mature. Exaggerated violence, as funny as it can be, isn't mature.

When people say that kind of sentence, my best answer is always : “Well, one of the huge forces of this medium is the variety. Yes, there are animes made for a kid audience, but you can find virtually any genre. Be it a polar, a thriller, a drame or something more lighthearted like a comedy or a romance or actions. You want to watch something, you can be sure to find it in japanimation!”

And if I have to give exemple of animes that are not for kids, even though they are not that violent, it would Evangelion that treats depression under the disguise of mechas and Kaijus, Banana Fish of Wich the MC is a sexual abuse victim trying to escape his groomer and living in the world of gang, violence and drugs. Or Mononoke Wich is a horror anime with zero violence and where everything is the result of what our mind (the mononoke) creates or of our need of vengeance.
Dec 29, 2021 1:22 PM
Nov 2014
While I am inclined to agree that a lot of people have the wrong image of anime and tend to treat it as childish as such, the example that you are putting up here isn't one that really helps your point. Like the people above have already said, Akame ga Kill is not a mature show. It is a kids show that tries to put itself up as more mature than it is through using a lot of blood and such.

Proper examples of a 'mature' anime would be things more like Monster, 3-Gatsu no Lion and Legend of the Galactic Heroes. Not because of some silly reason like gore or nudity, but because they have stories that go a lot deeper than the usual weak 'My friends are my power' crap that shows like Fairy Tail and also Akame ga Kill pull.
Dec 29, 2021 1:23 PM
Jul 2018
anime is for kids. anime is for kids 100%
Dec 29, 2021 1:26 PM

Dec 2018
Akame ga Kill isn’t exactly a good example to refute that argument.
Dec 29, 2021 1:40 PM

Sep 2021
mjrose30 said:
akame ga kill is childs play compared to shit like made in abyss or danganronpa
hgwnejmp.ädqwsd
Dec 29, 2021 2:15 PM
Oct 2017
nexuro01 said:
BloodyTaer said:
Lmao and is akame ga kill the best exaple to show someone that anime isn't for kids?

Akame ga kill has a kids story, but it acts like its a mature story by putting tits and blood everywhere

You want an anctual mature anime? Watch perfect blue or paranoia agent, if you can understand those animes then you know youre not a kid anymore
that agk describtion is on spot, agk is basically another good vs. bad shounen with only difference betwrrn agk and other shounens being that characters actually die and are not getting ressurected later on
bro you should go back and read what you wrote to correct your typos

But yeah the show tries to be mature by killing characters, making a story that is nothing but a cryfest is not mature whatsoever
Dec 29, 2021 2:20 PM

Mar 2020
Certainly not, this is the one you show to this kinda people xD

"I wonder if anything will ever change? Will that day ever come?"
- Okazaki, Tomoya
"Nothing can stay unchanged. Fun things… Happy things…
They can’t possibly remain the same."
- Furukawa, Nagisa
Dec 29, 2021 2:55 PM
Oct 2019
tbh honest blood and death is a very childish things when it comes to anime and etc, i can really see the edgylord 11yo me loving akame ga kill or other violent and bloody anime like elfen lied or tokyo ghoul just because its edgy and cool.
meanwhile sonny boy, natsume yuujinchou and 91 days are truly examples that not all anime are for kids
Dec 29, 2021 3:03 PM
Apr 2021
This a show that only kids would enjoy
Dec 29, 2021 3:06 PM
Apr 2021
Youre just giving us anime watches an even worse image too
Dec 29, 2021 3:15 PM
May 2021
domata said:

Well, not necessarily. I was ~15 when I watched and passed my DarkSasuke phase and I still enjoyed it. Sometimes watching non-complex action and gore is just fun. Putting your brain on off and simply enjoying something without a need for deep, profound and mature meaning can do a lot of good.
Dec 29, 2021 3:16 PM
Apr 2021
[quote=Erewina message=65322099]
domata said:

Well, not necessarily. I was ~15 when I watched and passed my DarkSasuke phase and I still enjoyed it. Sometimes watching non-complex action and gore is just fun. Putting your brain on off and simply enjoying something without a need for deep, profound and mature meaning can do a
Erewina said:
domata said:

Well, not necessarily. I was ~15 when I watched and passed my DarkSasuke phase and I still enjoyed it. Sometimes watching non-complex action and gore is just fun. Putting your brain on off and simply enjoying something without a need for deep, profound and mature meaning can do a lot of good.
Its just bad, its not even funny
Dec 29, 2021 3:20 PM
May 2021
[quote=domata message=65322106]
Erewina said:
domata said:

Well, not necessarily. I was ~15 when I watched and passed my DarkSasuke phase and I still enjoyed it. Sometimes watching non-complex action and gore is just fun. Putting your brain on off and simply enjoying something without a need for deep, profound and mature meaning can do a
Erewina said:

Its just bad, its not even funny

But it can be so bad it's funny ? My point is, sometime you just enjoy stupid, bad or silly thing because there is something remotely funny and enjoyable into laughing at them
Dec 29, 2021 3:33 PM
Dec 2017
I agree, i say, its not for literally kids, but teenagers, the story is not that deep
Dec 29, 2021 3:35 PM
Apr 2021
Something must be wrong in your head if you geniunely enjoy agk as a mature show
Dec 29, 2021 4:03 PM
May 2021
People who say anime's for kids haven't seen Kuzu no Honkai
Dec 29, 2021 5:43 PM
Apr 2019
That nothing compared to what I watch naming a few blood c ,corpses party , elfen lied ,hellsing ultimate,berserk yeah Akame ga kill does have gory bits nothing compared to theses ones
Dec 29, 2021 5:46 PM
Feb 2021
When I think of mature anime Happy Sugar Life, Another and Ninja Scrolls come to mind.
Dec 29, 2021 5:52 PM
Feb 2021
mjrose30 said:
mushoku is a much better example
Dec 29, 2021 5:52 PM
May 2021
There are so many example and the best you can come up is "Akame ga kill" and total trash anime.
Dec 29, 2021 6:05 PM
Jan 2021
A kid definitely wrote the ending though
Dec 29, 2021 7:12 PM
Feb 2016
If I didn't know anything about anime I certainly would think it's for kids. What are the popular ones? One piece, pokemon dbz or naruto? Shit looks like it's made for kids to me.
Dec 29, 2021 7:41 PM
May 2021
Anime_God_King said:
If I didn't know anything about anime I certainly would think it's for kids. What are the popular ones? One piece, pokemon dbz or naruto? Shit looks like it's made for kids to me.

Fair point. Sometimes we forget that those who say that don't mean bad and just base themselves off of the little they know. And as long as they don't hurt anybody, who cares? ^^
Dec 29, 2021 8:19 PM
Aug 2019
Millyphilly said:
Destroyed in seconds
Dec 29, 2021 8:59 PM
Aug 2020
BloodyTaer said:

This is all fax, no printer
Dec 29, 2021 9:00 PM

Jun 2016
Akame ga Kill is an anime for early teens so still kids.
MEA·MENTVLA·INGENS·EST
Dec 29, 2021 9:45 PM
Apr 2021
People who say anime is for kids, they haven't watch a single anime except Doraemon🤣
Dec 29, 2021 9:54 PM
Jul 2018
Millyphilly said:

Took the words right out of my mouth, +1.

Akame ga Kill is a kids story masquerading as a mature story.
Dec 29, 2021 10:25 PM
Jul 2021
Really .... AKAME ga KILL for kids ???
Dec 29, 2021 11:03 PM

Dec 2021
People who always say gory and/or scary anime are not for kids have no idea how many 10 year olds watch bloodbathes like elfen lied, higurashi no naku koro ni, another etc.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 29, 2021 11:07 PM

Jan 2021
Shounens are for kids yes, even though it seems like Japan is totally lax about violence.

Which can make it confusing for western audiences who may take awhile to realise this as violence is usually a measure for a mature audience.
Dec 30, 2021 12:08 AM
Dec 2019
woah holy shit big if true
Wataru doesn't care about the genuine thing
Dec 30, 2021 12:16 AM
Dec 2021
Imma just say that kids should not watch traumatising anime with exessive blood, gore, nudity, mind fuck, death (done right that causes trauma), ect...
Anime is just a medium to convey messages and some are made for children and sone are targeted for adults(ish).
Say your kid watches evangellion. They will like the robots but will be incrdibly bored scince it focuses on mental health which 11 year olds minimum will not understand. Also there is alot of mindfuck which wont acctully traumatise them due to the being very bored.
I watched eva when I was like 10 and I can vouch for this. This anime only speaks to those with mental health problems and rewathcing at 15 before exams helped me find understanding. Altgough the age is varying it is a shounen that was tatgeted to young teens and adults which should be the age of some of the more mature anime.
Dec 30, 2021 6:53 AM
Aug 2021
Akame ga kill slander is uncalled for. Sure it’s not the best shounen or the most complex but you can’t be disrespecting it like this
Dec 30, 2021 9:19 AM

Jul 2017
I have watched the anime and read the manga of akg, and can say the writing is pretty bad and generally aimed at a younger audience. Call that kids or teens it doesnt really matter, akg is pretty bad
Dec 30, 2021 9:37 AM

Mar 2020
Just tell them i am still kid 🤷
Even if you try to explain thing to them they will see you as retard

Seiba Supremacy 🛐
Dec 30, 2021 9:56 AM

Jul 2017
Akame ga Kill honestly seems like it was especially made for the kids that want to say "anime isn't for kids" lol

Dec 30, 2021 9:59 AM

Feb 2021
After seeing this,no one will say that anime is for kids.

Anyone will be depressed after watching this show.
Dec 30, 2021 10:18 AM
Jun 2020
RedIchigo99 said:
“Anime is for kids”
Meanwhile Black Lagoon, Tokyo Ghoul, Attack on Titan, Baki, Akame Ga Kill, Ghost in the Shell, Goblin Slayer and Berserk all exist.

The issue is people think Pokémon, Yu-gi-Oh!, Naruto and Digmon are the only anime and type of anime that exist so they assume it’s all like that or they just assume that animation as a whole can only be for kids because most western cartoons are mostly for kids. None of these people have certainly seen Akame Ga Kill.
while I do agree with this I must say I watched all these anime when I was 13 or younger and I enjoyed them all except baki and aot but I liked the aot manga
Dec 30, 2021 10:23 AM
Mar 2020
tangofet909 said:
RedIchigo99 said:
“Anime is for kids”

while I do agree with this I must say I watched all these anime when I was 13 or younger and I enjoyed them all except baki and aot but I liked the aot manga

True I’m not saying young audiences don’t watch them I’m just saying their target demographic is clearly older. Baki I gave a shot and I ended up really not liking it. The fights and animation of Baki was good but the story and characters were just so boring in my opinion. AOT I really liked the anime but that’s just my opinion.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Akame ga Kill! Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 17, 2014

282 by Cammell »»
Apr 18, 11:23 AM

Poll: » Akame ga Kill! Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 14, 2014

1363 by Fiorno »»
Apr 13, 11:22 PM

Poll: » Akame ga Kill! Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 7, 2014

981 by Fiorno »»
Apr 13, 11:02 PM

Poll: » Akame ga Kill! Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 31, 2014

471 by Fiorno »»
Apr 13, 12:43 PM

Poll: » Uff...those continuous deaths

S1H2A3N - Mar 17

1 by 7Hunna_Jahmir »»
Mar 26, 2:49 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.