Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Dec 22, 2021 12:19 PM

Nov 2016
I was waiting for this cour to end, but most feedback I've read hasn't been constructive. I would just like to know how anime onlys felt. Did the narrative captivate you? Even if it's barebone, I would consider to give the anime a shot, as long as the events aren't too disjointed or rushed. Or was it a frustrating experience due to lack of coherence? Wouldn't mind a low production value. Just saying in case it's also a factor that contributed to the score.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Dec 22, 2021 1:17 PM
Jan 2018
Not at all. I can't imagine an anime only finding anything about this remotely coherent. Especially the start which is the most important part.
Dec 22, 2021 1:37 PM
Dec 2007
Absolutely not. The anime was fine, in that the action scenes were wrll done but All charachter motivations and the deep character development was lost.The Visual Novel is on sale on steam on a regular basis. I would suggest picking Muv Luv and Muv Luv Alternative there and playing
Dec 22, 2021 1:40 PM

Jun 2012
Us VN readers are the premiere representatives of the feelings of Anime-only viewers.
Dec 22, 2021 1:49 PM

Jan 2009
lol as an anime only i do not mind i still understand the points somehow but not on a elaborate manner of course

i understand now how Isayama of Attack on Titan took inspiration with the military state and nationalism of this franchise
Dec 22, 2021 2:18 PM

Dec 2019
Nah. I ain't played that visual novel yet but the anime definitely feels like it's rushing and skipping through way too much stuff. Especially from 2nd ep onwards after a decent start. I get some appeal with why the source can be highly praised but the anime ain't doing a good job of showing for itself. Doesn't look or sound that good either imo.

Not the worst anime of the season but considering the hype I heard about how fire the source is, ain't feeling any of that energy here and seemingly VN fans here hate this shit too.
Dec 22, 2021 6:07 PM

Feb 2016
This anime is not my 1st exposure to Muv-Luv, but it is my 1st exposure to Alternative. The anime met my expectations up until the climax. I don't understand anything that happened in the last quarter of the season. I may decide not to watch the next season, as I never liked Muv-Luv to begin with.
その目だれの目?
Dec 24, 2021 6:21 AM

Nov 2016
Animaniaig said:
Not at all. I can't imagine an anime only finding anything about this remotely coherent. Especially the start which is the most important part.
GGcc78 said:
Absolutely not. The anime was fine, in that the action scenes were wrll done but All charachter motivations and the deep character development was lost.The Visual Novel is on sale on steam on a regular basis. I would suggest picking Muv Luv and Muv Luv Alternative there and playing
OLDGOODNEWBAD said:
Us VN readers are the premiere representatives of the feelings of Anime-only viewers.
deg said:
lol as an anime only i do not mind i still understand the points somehow but not on a elaborate manner of course

i understand now how Isayama of Attack on Titan took inspiration with the military state and nationalism of this franchise
MangagnaM said:
Nah. I ain't played that visual novel yet but the anime definitely feels like it's rushing and skipping through way too much stuff. Especially from 2nd ep onwards after a decent start. I get some appeal with why the source can be highly praised but the anime ain't doing a good job of showing for itself. Doesn't look or sound that good either imo.

Not the worst anime of the season but considering the hype I heard about how fire the source is, ain't feeling any of that energy here and seemingly VN fans here hate this shit too.
Lucifrost said:
This anime is not my 1st exposure to Muv-Luv, but it is my 1st exposure to Alternative. The anime met my expectations up until the climax. I don't understand anything that happened in the last quarter of the season. I may decide not to watch the next season, as I never liked Muv-Luv to begin with.

Thanks for the replies. I will stay away from the anime.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Dec 30, 2021 7:44 AM

Oct 2008
It isn't worth anything. I watched it and regret that now I'll have to give it's s2 a chance.
Jan 2, 2022 9:45 PM
Sep 2019
SofiaBulga said:
It isn't worth anything. I watched it and regret that now I'll have to give it's s2 a chance.

Season 1 is just Muv Luv Unlimited v2, season 2 is when Alternative starts up
Jan 3, 2022 12:52 AM

May 2013
No. I feel like something is lacking every episode and feels that instead of a flowing story they pieced up random events plus for something that seems to be a character focus show it felt that the characters were too distant and disconnected. As much as the VN fans hate Muv-Luv Alternative: Total Eclipse more than this show, this feels even worse in terms of Story Progress, Pacing and Character Depth in an unbiased view. The worst part of all is the constant cutting off an action scene on it's climax.
Jan 5, 2022 1:09 PM

Oct 2009
Better read manga from Muvluv unlimited, then Muvluv Alternatif and then watch anime for mecha action...
Mecha action for this anime hella good...
Jan 9, 2022 4:56 AM
Apr 2021
HunterZer08 said:
SofiaBulga said:

It's not, it's literally half the Alternative VN.
Jan 9, 2022 4:59 AM
Apr 2021
The first episode is not present in the game trilogy, they put that in for context of the invasion of Japan. Reading through the comments, I'm starting to think maybe it was a mistake since it gave people the wrong impression about how the rest unfolds.
Jan 9, 2022 5:02 AM
Sep 2019
otakuops7 said:
HunterZer08 said:

If we calculate the whole manga chapter (since the anime adapted from the manga instead of the VN), season 1 is 1/3 of the whole VN, season 2 is up to Sadogashima, and season 3 is up to the end.
Jan 9, 2022 5:08 AM
Apr 2021
HunterZer08 said:
otakuops7 said:

If we calculate the whole manga chapter (since the anime adapted from the manga instead of the VN), season 1 is 1/3 of the whole VN, season 2 is up to Sadogashima, and season 3 is up to the end.

I'm quasi sure the second half of this will go to the very end. We don't exactly have a Muv Luv anime yet that is over 24 episodes so most likely it will feel rushed as well.
Jan 9, 2022 5:27 AM
Sep 2019
otakuops7 said:
HunterZer08 said:

I'm quasi sure the second half of this will go to the very end. We don't exactly have a Muv Luv anime yet that is over 24 episodes so most likely it will feel rushed as well.

After the announcement of season 2, the anime producer from Avex made a video about he promised that Muv-Luv Alternative will be adapted fully, no matter how much time. Since season 2 is confirmed, then season 3 (or maybe even movies, if possible) is indirectly confirmed as well.
Jan 9, 2022 7:11 PM

Jul 2014
Who cares if theres another season, just look at the mal score. The people have spoken.

need I repeat that this is a sorry POS excuse of an adaptation, second season is just more money burning.
Jan 9, 2022 7:58 PM
Apr 2018
I am an anime only and I think the show is a master piece it is one of my favorites f vn readers and their opinions
Jan 10, 2022 2:59 AM
Feb 2015
OppaiSugoi said:
Who cares if theres another season, just look at the mal score. The people have spoken.

need I repeat that this is a sorry POS excuse of an adaptation, second season is just more money burning.

The anime is quite well received in Japan, so it's not really burning money like you're saying.
Jan 10, 2022 7:02 AM

Jul 2014
ixarising said:
OppaiSugoi said:

The anime is quite well received in Japan, so it's not really burning money like you're saying.

Sadly, its just copium over there...
Jan 10, 2022 1:46 PM
Jan 2019
Couldn't be that people are just enjoying it for what it is or something ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Jan 10, 2022 6:05 PM
Aug 2020
It is the rushed adaptation of a third entry in a trilogy that hasn't been adapted into anime yet. So basically, no, it'n not worth it
Jan 11, 2022 6:05 AM
Feb 2015
OppaiSugoi said:
ixarising said:

Not really, from what i've seen the people there spend a lot on the Keyframe Cards thing just to support the anime.
It seems like the Japanese fans really want to get another season.
Jan 11, 2022 7:18 AM

Jan 2008
Sealshark122 said:
I am an anime only and I think the show is a master piece it is one of my favorites f vn readers and their opinions

I'm glad to hear, and I hear some anime onlies are so confused on what's going on here and there.
Jan 12, 2022 8:05 AM

Jul 2014
ixarising said:
OppaiSugoi said:

Not really, from what i've seen the people there spend a lot on the Keyframe Cards thing just to support the anime.

Wow, people pay for someone to essentially make a gif from the ep video, how much more gullible can they be? And they're NFT's?? Jesus I could be making money scamming these people...
Jan 12, 2022 8:44 AM
Jan 2019
Those are the hardest of the core audience in Japan that buy, well, everything. It's pretty much just a donation for them and not so much about what they get in return in case of the NFTs.
Jan 13, 2022 11:24 PM
Feb 2015
OppaiSugoi said:
ixarising said:

Wow, people pay for someone to essentially make a gif from the ep video, how much more gullible can they be? And they're NFT's?? Jesus I could be making money scamming these people...

What Incognimous said. Well there's also having their name printed on the Blu ray box and part of the money goes to the anime production. Either way, that's how hardcore those fans are.
Why do you think they are willing to announce S2 before the Blu Ray sales? Sure many series does that but those are series planned to have 2 seasons from start. Most will take the step of do 1 first and monitor the results.
Jan 14, 2022 2:04 PM

Jul 2014
ixarising said:
OppaiSugoi said:

What Incognimous said. Well there's also having their name printed on the Blu ray box and part of the money goes to the anime production. Either way, that's how hardcore those fans are.
Why do you think they are willing to announce S2 before the Blu Ray sales? Sure many series does that but those are series planned to have 2 seasons from start. Most will take the step of do 1 first and monitor the results.

Seems illogical tbh, so they knew this would need more eps, why didn't they do that in the first place then? Maybe, just maybe they could've taken their sweet ass time on the animation. I roll my eyes on how these hardcore fans are blind to the production quality they were given, especially on a BD release. Meiya crying up and down motion in spectacular 1080p. -insert pepeannoyed jpg-
Jan 14, 2022 2:12 PM

Feb 2016
otakuops7 said:
The first episode is not present in the game trilogy, they put that in for context of the invasion of Japan. Reading through the comments, I'm starting to think maybe it was a mistake since it gave people the wrong impression about how the rest unfolds.

That makes you smarter than the people who made this show, for knowing that giving viewers the wrong impression is a mistake.
その目だれの目?
Jan 14, 2022 2:23 PM

Jul 2014
Lucifrost said:
otakuops7 said:

That makes you smarter than the people who made this show, for knowing that giving viewers the wrong impression is a mistake.

This kinda falls in line of how the SAO anime was done. Ep1 gave us the edge dark setting after kirito and the other players learned that there was more to the online game than it seems. For 12 eps, that notion kinda just went out the window.
Jan 14, 2022 2:30 PM

Feb 2016
@OppaiSugoi
Sword Art Online has a better beginning because it features the protagonist and because it isn't filler.
その目だれの目?
Jan 14, 2022 3:13 PM

Mar 2021
Hmmmmmmmmmmm

No.
Jan 15, 2022 1:02 AM
Feb 2015
OppaiSugoi said:
ixarising said:

Seems illogical tbh, so they knew this would need more eps, why didn't they do that in the first place then? Maybe, just maybe they could've taken their sweet ass time on the animation. I roll my eyes on how these hardcore fans are blind to the production quality they were given, especially on a BD release. Meiya crying up and down motion in spectacular 1080p. -insert pepeannoyed jpg-

Well it's just their preference, i suppose. They're willing to spent money on something they like. Personally i think they should've just used the manga design instead of wasting time & money redoing a new design and focus on the story. The way the anime is handled is like the anime production team wanted to create their own version of Muv-Luv. Be it Episode 1 girl and appearing again as part of the Valkyries in Episode 12.

Lucifrost said:
otakuops7 said:

This is what i felt since Episode 1, the anime is introducing something they won't have appearing again for the remainder of the season, why introduce them so early to misguide people?
Jan 27, 2022 2:40 PM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
ranoa said:
Better read manga from Muvluv unlimited, then Muvluv Alternatif and then watch anime for mecha action...

Same here, I think reading Extra and Unlimited manga and then watching this anime would do a lot for anime onlies.
They can also complement with MLA manga, which does quite a lot right too.
Jan 28, 2022 3:49 AM

Jul 2014
Playcool said:
ranoa said:

Same here, I think reading Extra and Unlimited manga and then watching this anime would do a lot for anime onlies.
They can also complement with MLA manga, which does quite a lot right too.

That kinda defeats the purpose of “this is meant to be digestible for anime onlies”. If we had to tell them that, then the studios failed for this to work standalone.
May 5, 2022 12:32 PM

Sep 2018
Sealshark122 said:

Kind of pointless to claim something like that if you cant give any arguments (or show of expertise) to support that. In case of an adaptation that is this bad, and an anime that just isnt well made on its own either its pretty hilarious to claim it a masterpiece.

The VN readers got to experience the actual masterpiece. So jokes on you.
“Ha ha, the synergy between my left and right hand made them feel scared.” Ye Xiu said.
May 5, 2022 1:00 PM
Apr 2018
Elinchayiel said:
Sealshark122 said:

Kind of pointless to claim something like that if you cant give any arguments (or show of expertise) to support that. In case of an adaptation that is this bad, and an anime that just isnt well made on its own either its pretty hilarious to claim it a masterpiece.

The VN readers got to experience the actual masterpiece. So jokes on you.

umm Just because you think its bad doesnt mean everyone does!! I never played the VN and never will only watched the anime and loved every moment of it!! Cant wait for season 2 Have a great day!!!!!!

More topics from this board

Poll: » Muv-Luv Alternative Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 22, 2021

82 by Unkrowned »»
Jul 11, 2023 4:31 AM

» Why fans are OVERREACTING.?

Sandro8604 - Oct 14, 2021

46 by koneroko »»
Dec 27, 2022 4:09 PM

Poll: » Muv-Luv Alternative Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 15, 2021

45 by MoeMoeKyun »»
Nov 16, 2022 7:04 PM

Poll: » Muv-Luv Alternative Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 8, 2021

44 by MoeMoeKyun »»
Nov 16, 2022 6:44 PM

» There is no Muv Luv Alternative anime ( 1 2 )

OppaiSugoi - Oct 13, 2021

63 by ixarising »»
Oct 8, 2022 11:19 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.