Forum Settings
Forums
New
Nov 29, 2021 10:20 AM

Dec 2018
I’ve seen them on some profiles. What are they and how do you get them?
MonochrosanityNov 29, 2021 10:46 AM
Nov 29, 2021 10:33 AM

Jan 2017
Monochrosanity said:
What are they and how do you get them?

It's an extension made by some MAL users.
Basically , it's just a type of achievement thing. For example , you watched 100 Animes with the "Action" tag ? GG , you get 1500 exp ! This exp then get into level , which you can display on your profile.
You can get the "badges" by going to https://www.mal-badges.net/ and typing your username. It'll create/update your profile on there.
Then , you click on "Use badge on MyAnimeList.net" and copy the BBCode to your profile. (You already have something on your "About Me" , so i believe you know how to do it.)

There is more extensions like this made by MAL users.
My favorite is https://anime.plus/.
With it , you can get plenty of stats like your favorites genre based on mean/weighted score , see all the entries related to something you have watched , and if you have filled the "End date" on your watched entries , it gives you a graph of how many Anime you watched per months. There is also a challenge/achievement type of thing too.

Whoops , i got the wrong thing. My bad. x)
Alexioos95Nov 29, 2021 11:02 AM
"Genius lives only one storey above madness."
– Arthur Schopenhauer.

"Stupidity is a talent for misconception."
– Edgar Allan Poe.

"I'm tired... & hungry."
– Alexioos95.
Nov 29, 2021 10:40 AM
( ̄y▽ ̄)╭ Ohohoho.

Jul 2013
I'm sure the poster above me meant well, but I'm sure that's not what the OP meant.

Profile badges have been a thing for a good while now, but pretty much only MAL Rewrite members had a chance of getting a badge for being a writer, editor or coordinator. However, not too long ago, badges have been made "official" and you can now earn them by participating in certain events on MAL.

FAL Fall 2021 and MALoween (MAL Halloween Event) badges have been handed out already, so you can't get them anymore. Luckily for you, though, Secret Santa just started and participants will be able to receive a badge as well if they successfully made a gift exchange! Check it out here~.

I will show no mercy for you
You had no mercy for me
The only thing that I ask
Love me mercilessly
Nov 29, 2021 10:43 AM

Dec 2018
Haptism93 said:
I'm sure the poster above me meant well, but I'm sure that's not what the OP meant.

Profile badges have been a thing for a good while now, but pretty much only MAL Rewrite members had a chance of getting a badge for being a writer, editor or coordinator. However, not too long ago, badges have been made "official" and you can now earn them by participating in certain events on MAL.

FAL Fall 2021 and MALoween (MAL Halloween Event) badges have been handed out already, so you can't get them anymore. Luckily for you, though, Secret Santa just started and participants will be able to receive a badge as well if they successfully made a gift exchange! Check it out here~.
Yes, this is what I meant lol. Thank you for the help ^.^
Feb 16, 2022 4:41 AM

Jul 2020
Anyone know how i can equip profile badges?

i think i have one since i finished the requirements on the new 2022 valentine card event i just don't know how
OneChadFeb 16, 2022 4:47 AM
Feb 16, 2022 5:54 AM

Feb 2020
OneChad said:

i think i have one since i finished the requirements on the new 2022 valentine card event i just don't know how

It will automatically appear once the event is over and after mods have checked it. Valantine event is still ongoing, thats why it has not appeared
Click for a anime mashup!
BIO
Still not gone bandwagon u, keep crying. Here u are welcome to CRINGE at my EXISTENCE

Feb 16, 2022 6:57 AM

Jul 2020
Adampk said:
OneChad said:

It will automatically appear once the event is over and after mods have checked it. Valantine event is still ongoing, thats why it has not appeared

Ight, thought some people had it since i saw people who have a sticker next to their forum pic in the event thread must be a different one then, ty.
Feb 16, 2022 7:12 AM

Feb 2020
OneChad said:
Adampk said:

Ight, thought some people had it since i saw people who have a sticker next to their forum pic in the event thread must be a different one then, ty.

Yeah, thats something else (not profile badge). I am not sure myself how they got it

@Haptism93
How do u get that sticker on forum pic? we want to know
ok, no need. we got the answer.

AdampkFeb 16, 2022 8:08 AM
BIO
Still not gone bandwagon u, keep crying. Here u are welcome to CRINGE at my EXISTENCE

Feb 16, 2022 7:52 AM

Feb 2020
Cladocera said:
Adampk said:

Yeah, thats something else (not profile badge). I am not sure myself how they got it

@Haptism93
How do u get that sticker on forum pic? we want to know

That's supporter exclusive. They have those during Valentine, Halloween and Christmas.

the mentioned user in the quote doesnt have supporter badge
BIO

Feb 16, 2022 7:54 AM

Feb 2020
Cladocera said:
Adampk said:
the mentioned user in the quote doesnt have supporter badge
Still a supporter, though. They just disabled it.

oh okay, thanks. thats answers it

@OneChad
AdampkFeb 16, 2022 8:10 AM
BIO

Feb 16, 2022 11:55 AM

Jul 2020
ight, ty both
Apr 26, 2022 10:37 AM
May 2021
Adampk said:
OneChad said:

I searched this because I did the 2022 MAL easter egg hunt and I can't see the badges. The event ended and I still don't have them, does that mean I just need to wait for the admins to review my answers or...?
My Candies:
Apr 26, 2022 11:17 AM

Feb 2020
SparklingDew said:
Adampk said:

I searched this because I did the 2022 MAL easter egg hunt and I can't see the badges. The event ended and I still don't have them, does that mean I just need to wait for the admins to review my answers or...?

I have not joined that event. Just check out people profile from easter forum. If they dont have, then it mean its not distributed yet
BIO

Apr 26, 2022 11:22 AM
May 2021
Adampk said:
SparklingDew said:

I have not joined that event. Just check out people profile from easter forum. If they dont have, then it mean its not distributed yet
Ok thanks
My Candies:
Apr 26, 2022 12:47 PM

Apr 2019
SparklingDew said:
Adampk said:

They posted the result just today:
https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=2008357&show=3350#msg66246742
Check the full rancking list and try to find your name to know if you achieved the event

Badges will be given out in 24~48 hours
たのむ

Apr 26, 2022 1:01 PM
May 2021
SungJin-W00 said:
SparklingDew said:

They posted the result just today:
https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=2008357&show=3350#msg66246742
Check the full rancking list and try to find your name to know if you achieved the event

Badges will be given out in 24~48 hours
Funny I thought of it while the admin was posting that I saw it now. Thx anyways 😊
My Candies:

More topics from this board

» I can't use forums using Windows High Contrast anymore

vasipi4946 - 8 hours ago

2 by deg »»
3 hours ago

Sticky: » Inactive Username Request Thread ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kineta - Sep 21, 2015

3372 by GARFIELDD666 »»
7 hours ago

» [Reported] Username being auto-pasted into search bar

DariTheWeeb - Feb 19

49 by DeadPiles »»
11 hours ago

» IP ban glitch?

AverageRiceFan - Apr 21

2 by hich4n_ »»
Yesterday, 12:15 PM

» ishinashi has 300 alt accounts and counting ( 1 2 3 )

deg - Jun 16, 2023

127 by Spunkert »»
Yesterday, 6:05 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.