Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Nov 13, 2021 5:07 PM

Nov 2016

Nah for real, Franky lowkey stole the episode. His confidence in front of Big Mom was awesome and I would've loved to see what his Radical Beam could've done to her. Robin x Jinbe combo was also lit. They turned Big Mom into a Milktank

Well, the episode was fine. It lived up to expectations.

Numbers filler ✅
Oars flashback ✅
Yamato side boob ✅

Preview for the legendary milestone looked promising. Should be a hype episode.

@VolKur

Wouldn't surprise me lol but he's definitely worthy of her
FMmatronNov 13, 2021 5:16 PM

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Nov 13, 2021 5:14 PM
Jul 2018
@FMmatron after this episode... one piece community will start shipping nami x franky, even though they are like brother & sister!!
Nov 13, 2021 5:32 PM

Nov 2016
VolKur said:
@FMmatron after this episode... one piece community will start shipping nami x franky, even though they are like brother & sister!!

Btw what do you think of the animated numbers?

When I saw them I a certain Spongebob episode came to mind

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Nov 13, 2021 5:36 PM

Apr 2018
Franky's a whole menance. Lowkey, the MVP of the whole invasion. Not even Big Mom is a threat for him xD A few fillers here and there, nothing much to say except that the Franky x Nami as the two users will be misleading. BUT THE END! I can't believe that the 1000th episode is just a week away. Preview was dope.

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Nov 13, 2021 5:56 PM
Jul 2018
FMmatron said:
VolKur said:

I haven't watched the episode yet, I saw nami & franky photos on spoiler tage.
It's been 9 years since I watched spongebob, so I don't remember even if I had watched that episode, I will tell my thoughts after watching the episode. I think that photo is from memes.

@FMmatron preview of episodes 1000 is great or okay!! And what about its animation?
Nov 13, 2021 6:12 PM

Nov 2016
VolKur said:
FMmatron said:

I haven't watched the episode yet, I saw nami & franky photos on spoiler tage.
It's been 9 years since I watched spongebob, so I don't remember even if I had watched that episode, I will tell my thoughts after watching the episode. I think that photo is from memes.

@FMmatron preview of episodes 1000 is great or okay!! And what about its animation?

From the look of it we're gonna see everything from pretty fluid dynamic scenes to detailed art with less frames and effects. In any case lots of action.

Nov 13, 2021 6:14 PM
Jul 2018
Well, the Franky moment here is high.
Nov 13, 2021 6:36 PM

Apr 2019
So close to episode 1000, wow, can't wait for what they have in store for this accomplishment.

Nov 13, 2021 6:38 PM

Aug 2021
The only thing i missed last ep was Franky's theme and they played it here :D
Also I use to think all the numbers were of same color lmao
Rolling bm had me rofl
cute chopper moments :3
also this was the last ep with three digits numbers damn that's great
Nov 13, 2021 6:50 PM

Apr 2014
This episode was so freaking good and fun. I do not care about pacing. As long as I enjoy the heck out of it. X3
Nov 13, 2021 7:02 PM

Jan 2020
episode 1000 is looking pretty nice based off of the preview and I seriously can't believe we're this far.

Franky getting some spotlight was great to see and poor Yamato didn't deserve that lol

Nov 13, 2021 7:17 PM

Oct 2017
Shinobu and Momo running from Yamato was hilarious. Also yeah Franky was cool.

Next episode it's 1000, hype!
Nov 13, 2021 7:21 PM

Apr 2021
Lmao yamato acting like oden is cracking me uo

cant wait for the 1000th episode aaaa
“I am the Dark Flame Master. Perish, enveloped in the flames of darkness!”
Nov 13, 2021 7:38 PM

Nov 2018
Fun episode, finally Frankie gets the spotlight he deserves.

7 more days until episode 1000. What a journey so far. Expecting next week to trend worldwide.

My current goal is to revamp all the character details for High School DxD and have all the characters included in the DB.
MAL Badges is back bitches! Check the club for more info
Please show your love for my Kiss x Sis manga review here. It will only take you 2 minutes of your time 🙏🙏
Nov 13, 2021 7:47 PM

Dec 2013
Momo and Shinobu meeting Yamato was a funny moment but other than that it felt really slow.

I'm hyped for next weeks 1000th episode!
Nov 13, 2021 7:59 PM

Sep 2021
Lezzz gooo 999. Last DREAMIN' ON opening today.
New opening next week!
Nov 13, 2021 8:15 PM
Dec 2019
Time to combine into the iron pirate mecha. Jimbei and Robin make a good team, it's nice to see and it's cool. Luffy is going to help the others against Kaido which I'm excited for. The part wher Yamato told Momo and Shinobu that she is Oden was good.
Nov 13, 2021 8:34 PM

May 2020
last 3 digit ep
its been a real journey

Nov 13, 2021 8:45 PM

Nov 2008
Princess Side-Boob hasn't quite won Momo's confidence yet. But Momo will eventually give in for Two Reasons.
Nov 13, 2021 8:47 PM

Sep 2018
Again, lol at Oda trying to force the Nami/Franky dynamic or relationship in this episode, with Nami playing the damsel. I don't buy it for one second, has he forgotten that we've watched hundreds of episodes up to this point? There was never time where I thought the chemistry between them was good.
Nov 13, 2021 8:49 PM
Jul 2018
It's been a long journey for both one piece and it's fans to reach episode 1000, and we still have a long way to goo!!
1st part of the episode was slow paced and some scenes were really dragged out but the fun starts in 2nd part of the episode, I truly enjoyed every second of it.

Franky & brook talking with Big Mom was soo great and enjoyable I was smiling the whole time and then Franky's radical beam to numbers and Jinbe & Robin throwing big mom out of the hall was epic.
Franky & jinbe MVP of the episode!!
I really loved the timing of background musics and when numbers enters the hall... that Background music was really increasing the tension.
But for me the best part was Yamato vs Ulti, both VA's did great job and I really loved the animation & direction of the fight. Momo & shinobu reaction to yamato saying "I'm oden" was hilarious.

@FMmatron one piece community gonna start shipping Nami x Franky & Robin x Jinbe......... Franky my boi is crying that robin left him and decide to go with jinbe,Lmfao!!
removed-userNov 13, 2021 8:53 PM
Nov 13, 2021 9:18 PM

Aug 2020
Straw hats literally chilling, Franky ain't afraid of a Yonko ofc. Brook's looking cool while Jimbei and Robin made big mom roll over XD. Very fun episode IM EXCITED FOR THE 1000TH EP

» [The World's Continuation【世界のつづき】- UTA/Ado ♪] «
0:00 〇────── 4:55
↺ |◁ II ▷| ♡

Come and Join us!
Evil Club ψ
FuwaFuwa Sanctuary ✿
✿ DeaD Blossoms ✿
Nov 13, 2021 9:46 PM

Sep 2015
Not only once did Name address Franky as "Aniki" but TWICE?!

HOLY COW, even more surprising is that Ussop does not freak out like he usually does, as him and chopper gets tossed around in the General Frnaky!!
Where does Ussop GET ALL THIS COURAGE ALL OF A SUDDEN? xDD

The Brachio tank fire soundeffects sound funny and cute, Chopper should've used the guard point to make the impact less

Oh my gosh, oh my gosh, oh my gosh, this intense feeling of seeing Yamato blushing!! I CAN'T TAKE IT!! SHE IS SUCH A GOOD WAIFU, TOO GOOD!!!!

Franky and Brook are also looking waaaay too COOL SITTING THERE, AWAITING FOR BIG MOM TO WAKE UP!!
And Frankys speech too!

Wow the soundtrack at 19:34 is at a reasonable volume for once, where else whole cake island and the others the soundeffects and voices were loud
to the point you can't even hear the soundtracks.

The animation for that radical beam is S-I-C-K!!

And Jimbei stepping into action, is this what it's like to have teamwork and more people joining the crew?!? waaaah!! I can't contain my excitement!!
They're just rolling the emperor away xD

Ahhhh... but for the past episodes until now, they've not shown any reactions of Yamato reacting to other crewmates :I

I still can't believe it has come to this... episode 1000.......

YAMATOS SIDE BOOBS THOUGH?! PRAISE IT!!

August 6th 2023: Biggest upset ever, deception, selfishness, or scammed, manipulated. Heavy damage costs, and more. Days since: 15 Last updated: 8/21/2023

One Piece Episode 1041 & 1042 & 1047 & 1048 & 95.75%/1049 & 1053 were a mistake and Uta brought the salvation -AhriTheS3xyFox

Nov 13, 2021 9:48 PM

Sep 2015
tookthisusername said:
Rolling bm had me rofl

How did you feel about this journey so far? 22 years of content came to this!!

August 6th 2023: Biggest upset ever, deception, selfishness, or scammed, manipulated. Heavy damage costs, and more. Days since: 15 Last updated: 8/21/2023

One Piece Episode 1041 & 1042 & 1047 & 1048 & 95.75%/1049 & 1053 were a mistake and Uta brought the salvation -AhriTheS3xyFox

Nov 13, 2021 10:07 PM

Sep 2015
dbaranyi said:
Princess Side-Boob hasn't quite won Momo's confidence yet. But Momo will eventually give in for Two Reasons.

I'm curious, what are those two reasons that Momonosuke would give in for? xD

And would Momonosuke possibly see Yamato as his substitute father?

Nov 13, 2021 11:40 PM

Dec 2019
Was a fun ep to watch cant wait for ep 1000
Nov 13, 2021 11:43 PM
Feb 2020
Poor Sanji. Luffy was so worried about Big Mama slowing him down to help him. She gets knocked out and he completely forgets about him and goes to Kaido.
Nov 14, 2021 12:07 AM

Mar 2020
Franky being a chad and a badass once again this episode, along with his theme playing after a long time, oh hell yeah I'm a fan! It's time for docking, and becoming the Iron Pirate soon to fight a bunch of Oars perhaps?!?! Yamato declaring herself as Oden infront of Shinobu and Momonosuke was pretty funny too and once again Jinbe and Robin proving to be a great team rolling Big Mom down the stairs. Here we go now, episode 1000 is almost here!!!!!
Nov 14, 2021 12:34 AM

Aug 2021
AhriTheS3xyFox said:
tookthisusername said:
Rolling bm had me rofl

Really great and exciting... it was a random anime I picked up 4 years ago knowing absolutely nothing about op
then caught up recently 3 months ago :D
what about you?
Nov 14, 2021 12:55 AM
Aug 2018
Sanji is forgotten. Momo has only one "bodyguard"... the weakest of the bunch while other stronger warrior fight meaningless opponent.

Usopp shot anti-tank beam didn't even have any impact on the giant but one hit from Franky and they are out.

What happen to Zeus ? Forgotten for one episode.
How Big Mom can be knocked over by one hit from Franky bike ?
Why Franky and other are just waiting for Big Mom to wake-up ?
Why Yamato had to waste so much time on the girl with the mask while she destroyed her the first time ?
Why Luffy just stop caring about Big Mom and going for Kaido (?
Why did Jinbei/Robin didn't help anyone until this point (expecially Momo) to start fighting now ?
How Jinbe can just do a judo attack on Big Mom when she's ten times heavier than him ?
How Robin can just lift Big Mom when she is 4 tons ? Image the impact of her weight when she's falling from Jinbe throw. No way in hell Robin can catch her even with 1000 hands.

This episode is a big mess because no one is acting logically, power-level are changing every minutes, and they make a fool of Big Mom for no reason. The disrespect. It's like she's blown away like a team rocket member... And we're supposed to believe it makes senses than Robin can handle that much mass that easily... I'm sorry but if that's the case, Big Mom is dead in one second. Just use Robin and throw her in the sea...
Nov 14, 2021 1:17 AM

Nov 2015
am starting to hate this big mom "just for the sake of comedy" treatment , like come on dude she is yonko .

Nov 14, 2021 1:22 AM
Jan 2021
Rukodaime91 said:
Sanji is forgotten. Momo has only one "bodyguard"... the weakest of the bunch while other stronger warrior fight meaningless opponent.

Usopp shot anti-tank beam didn't even have any impact on the giant but one hit from Franky and they are out.

Why Yamato had to waste so much time on the girl with the mask while she destroyed her the first time ?
Why did Jinbei/Robin didn't help anyone until this point (expecially Momo) to start fighting now ?
How Jinbe can just do a judo attack on Big Mom when she's ten times heavier than him ?
How Robin can just lift Big Mom when she is 4 tons ? Image the impact of her weight when she's falling from Jinbe throw. No way in hell Robin can catch her even with 1000 hands.

This episode is a big mess because no one is acting logically, power-level are changing every minutes, and they make a fool of Big Mom for no reason. The disrespect. It's like she's blown away like a team rocket member... And we're supposed to believe it makes senses than Robin can handle that much mass that easily... I'm sorry but if that's the case, Big Mom is dead in one second. Just use Robin and throw her in the sea...

100% agreed.
probably worst episode in wano arc so far.

everything felt extremely stupid.
Nov 14, 2021 1:23 AM

Nov 2015
Rukodaime91 said:

i don't think numbers are out franky shot the hand to set the tank free , oda clearly hate big mom for some reason , like i swear if it was a freaking perospero they would have harder time dealing with .

Nov 14, 2021 1:42 AM

Jun 2019
It was a funny episode. First Usopp and Chopper getting beaten by those giants and then Yamato trying to be like Kozuki Oden in front of Momo and Shinobu but seriously when Luffy said she's our ally, why are we running away from her? Franky was so cool in this episode but got interrupted by those giants. :( And, then Jimbei and Robin at the end. So cool.

Next week, we celebrate the 1000th episode of One Piece. Can't wait to see what's in store for us.
Nov 14, 2021 1:58 AM

Mar 2012
Luffy did nothing during the entire episode but stare at the ceiling.
Nov 14, 2021 2:17 AM

Sep 2014
Franky's gonna get some after fight's over.
Nov 14, 2021 2:25 AM
Nov 2020
And just like that we are at 999, one more and finally 1000!!! Today's episode was really good, for the past few episodes I wasn't enjoying it much because of their unnecessary draggings. am really excited for Iron Pirate...
Nov 14, 2021 3:30 AM

Jul 2016
dbaranyi said:

Princess sideboob is such a good nickname.
Nov 14, 2021 4:34 AM

Nov 2016
GakutoDeathGlare said:
Again, lol at Oda trying to force the Nami/Franky dynamic or relationship in this episode, with Nami playing the damsel. I don't buy it for one second, has he forgotten that we've watched hundreds of episodes up to this point? There was never time where I thought the chemistry between them was good.

They're all friends within the crew that would die for each other and she's giving him a hug because he saved her. She has pretty much hugged everyone in the crew already from Sanji to Jinbe and even Brook (Zoro is still missing haha) The one spicing this scene up with hearts for comedic value was Toei not Oda. Like c'mon, take the joke, bro instead of being such a nitpicker.

I mean I can be pretty nitpicky myself, but at least I try to bring up the good and the bad. That gives a post a whole different vibe.

Nov 14, 2021 4:42 AM

Nov 2016
Rukodaime91 said:

Franky's Radical Beam is on a different level. It's like his strongest move in his body.

Why not? Rhino Bike came with enough speed and weight.

How often have you seen the Straw Hats attacking someone lying on the ground? That's just something that wouldn't look good in anime. It would work against other elements. Like imagine them taking Big Mom out in such an anticlimatic way. You would get a lot more complaining.

Yamato took Ulti by surprise the first time.

Luffy came to Wano to fight Kaido and he trusts his crew to deal with everything else.

There was no need so far because someone else came to the rescue. If they acted before they would've blown their cover and ruined their surprise attack.

Judo techniques work on bigger people So why shouldn't it work in a series where it has already been established for decades that physics and anatomy work in different ways. It's a goofy series

Speaking of physics

Robin already fought against a heavy weight and that was pre timeskip.

The padding indeed results in a lot of issues like characters being out of the picture for minutes or episodes instead of seconds. Yet despite anime original additions, you're reaching with some points like the power levels in this case.

It comes across as if you aren't aware of padding or the comedic nature of One Piece at all. And we're on episode 999.

Nov 14, 2021 5:03 AM

Sep 2020
lol, not the first time that Big mom is made to look silly. Kaido is clear in terms of actually retaining status as emperor. BIg mom is strong that's a given but she gets embarrassed way too much for someone of her title. Imagine Shanks or Kaido getting that level of embarassment...

Arteta's Tricky Reds!

Nov 14, 2021 5:04 AM

Sep 2020
Man, that flashback was so nostalgic. Thriller bark was actually the first arc of one piece I watched. I was reading the manga before that point.

Arteta's Tricky Reds!

Nov 14, 2021 6:31 AM

Sep 2015
tookthisusername said:
AhriTheS3xyFox said:

Really great and exciting... it was a random anime I picked up 4 years ago knowing absolutely nothing about op
then caught up recently 3 months ago :D
what about you?

Well this is destiny! the fact that I just got caught back up around 2-3 months ago, right near episode 1000! I stopped at 752 about 4 years ago, so I can binge watch it all later on.

What're your thoughts on Yamato this episode?

Nov 14, 2021 7:28 AM

Feb 2021
Can't believe this is the last episode to have Dreaming On as the intro, we've had this since January lol. Can't wait to see that certain panel next episode, it's gonna look great!
Nov 14, 2021 7:42 AM
Jan 2021
It was fine, just a usual one piece episode. Franky (and Brook) were really cool these last two eps tho
Nov 14, 2021 7:44 AM
Jan 2021
samsince04 said:
lol, not the first time that Big mom is made to look silly. Kaido is clear in terms of actually retaining status as emperor. BIg mom is strong that's a given but she gets embarrassed way too much for someone of her title. Imagine Shanks or Kaido getting that level of embarassment...

I agree, seems like the only reason why Big Mom is even in this arc is to make her look like some kind of jobber
Nov 14, 2021 8:45 AM

Aug 2019
The amount of stalling during the Numbers scenes was embarrassing. The only parts that I did like were the ones involving Yamato and Momonosuke, the rest of the episode was just more of the same with constant pacing issues. And on the subject of Big Mom's handling, yes I'm sick of her never getting a chance to truly show her worth and being treated like a joke at every turn, but at this point Oda's sexism is so apparent that it's almost not even worth pointing out anymore.
Nov 14, 2021 8:46 AM

Sep 2018
FMmatron said:
GakutoDeathGlare said:

They're all friends within the crew that would die for each other and she's giving him a hug because he saved her. She has pretty much hugged everyone in the crew already from Sanji to Jinbe and even Brook (Zoro is still missing haha) The one spicing this scene up with hearts for comedic value was Toei not Oda. Like c'mon, take the joke, bro instead of being such a nitpicker.

I mean I can be pretty nitpicky myself, but at least I try to bring up the good and the bad. That gives a post a whole different vibe.
I know that they would be close friends as they're part of the same crew and have been for a while now, but I would have at least expected more character dynamic beforehand between these two, if that's how Nami is gonna act lol. Yes, Franky saved her ass, but really Nami?.... I dislike Nami's ridiculous personality though, so I'm also a little biased.

And One Piece comedy haven't hit the same in a long time.
GakutoDeathGlareNov 14, 2021 12:07 PM
Nov 14, 2021 8:51 AM

Feb 2017
This was a nice episode. Glad to see that Franky and Robin got a shining moment. Can't wait for the 1000th episode!
Mankind knew that they cannot change society. So instead of reflecting on themselves, they blamed the beasts.
Nov 14, 2021 9:24 AM

Jul 2013
At this point most of the Strawhats have fought against Big Mom in one way or another
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Piece Episode 402 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Ishmael - May 24, 2009

82 by gannoncannon55 »»
9 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 401 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Ishmael - May 16, 2009

73 by gannoncannon55 »»
9 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 400 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Miked - May 9, 2009

135 by gannoncannon55 »»
9 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 399 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Faded_Star - Feb 14, 2009

92 by gannoncannon55 »»
10 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 398 Discussion ( 1 2 )

HydraA - Apr 26, 2009

95 by gannoncannon55 »»
10 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.