Forum Settings
Forums

So, after the let down that the previous movie was, are you guys still excited for this?

Sword Art Online Progressive (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Nov 2, 2021 1:37 AM
EOussama

Dec 2016
I was shocked by how disappointed the fans were after watching the previous progressive movie, as I understood, it was supposed to be a floor by floor progression through the game with naturally should bring about a better plot expansion and character disposition, but it somehow failed to deliver the bare minimum of the hype people were anticipating. I wish this one realizes those mistakes and improves upon them.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Nov 2, 2021 2:02 AM
Apr 2019
Were we seeing the same thing? From what I've seen, fans loved it and the movie totally destroyed the weekend box office.
Nov 2, 2021 2:16 AM

Oct 2020
Believe me it will be fine, it's confirmed by REKI himself. Don't overthink and spread rumours.
Please watch Sword Art Online Progressive, it's the peak of SAO.
Nov 2, 2021 2:32 AM

Sep 2020
Eoussama said:
I was shocked by how disappointed the fans were after watching the previous progressive movie, as I understood, it was supposed to be a floor by floor progression through the game with naturally should bring about a better plot expansion and character disposition, but it somehow failed to deliver the bare minimum of the hype people were anticipating. I wish this one realizes those mistakes and improves upon them.
You mean haters? Cuz I am pretty sure you got their actual reactions wrong.
Haters will just keep hating something no matter how good it actually is.
I am a useless student of society.
Tests are my body and Grades are my blood.
I have done over a thousand assignments.
Unseen by teachers,
nor done properly.
Yet, those hands shall never hold an outstanding grade.
So, as I pray...
Unlimited Homeworks.
Nov 2, 2021 2:50 AM
Jul 2018
This is the epitome of Milking the cash cow by recycling the same garbage and coloring it gold.
It won't change anything
A chicken can't become a peacock
Nov 2, 2021 2:51 AM

May 2020
Bro cmon these so called fans you say are not fans just haters i saw a lot positive thing about it ppl love it it sell pretty well i mean ofc ppl will hate it its SAO but dont spread false romours i dont get it if you dont like it just dont watch it SAO lives in your heads for years its time to move on dont you think? No offense but chill out
Fun Things Are Fun - Yui Hirasawa
Nov 2, 2021 2:53 AM

Jul 2015
So, you are going to tell me that people considered this movie "disaapointment", while it was supposed to redeem it?

Nov 2, 2021 3:00 AM
Jul 2021
Uh..? What’s this thread’s aiming for when 99% of people here have not even watch the movie yet?
Stonks
Nov 2, 2021 3:01 AM
Jun 2017
what. Disappointed, who's disappointed? I've seen it and I'm not disappointed. A lot of people in Japan watched and didn't see anyone say disappointed. has very many people see to 3, 4 times in the first day. Stop making topics like this. Stop this disgusting lie.
Nov 2, 2021 3:23 AM
Jul 2018
Can't complain for more SAO.
Nov 2, 2021 3:26 AM
Jul 2021
tuyetthan8x said:
what. Disappointed, who's disappointed? I've seen it and I'm not disappointed. A lot of people in Japan watched and didn't see anyone say disappointed. has very many people see to 3, 4 times in the first day. Stop making topics like this. Stop this disgusting lie.

Well, they won’t stop at anything to spread misinformation about the series. So sad that they are so desperate to dip the series down in the water, despite doing so makes them looks ignorant
Stonks
Nov 2, 2021 3:31 AM

Feb 2019
RealKurapikaTard said:
This is the epitome of Milking the cash cow by recycling the same garbage and coloring it gold.
It won't change anything

You seem to hate the franchise enough to comment on everything related to it? got nothing better to do?
The line below is True.
The line above is False.
Nov 2, 2021 3:33 AM
Jul 2018
Hesmiyu said:
RealKurapikaTard said:
It won't change anything

You seem to hate the franchise enough to comment on everything related to it? got nothing better to do?

🗿🗿HATE????
Lol it's been 2 years I haven't talk about SAO
Also in my reviews you'll never see me slandering SAO because you beating a dead horse is just beyond evil
Nov 2, 2021 3:48 AM
Jul 2021
RealKurapikaTard said:
Hesmiyu said:

🗿🗿HATE????
Lol it's been 2 years I haven't talk about SAO
Also in my reviews you'll never see me slandering SAO because you beating a dead horse is just beyond evil

Bro, if you dislike it say it once and leave. Don’t keep appearing here and there repeating the same negative tone again and again. Don’t be such a party pooper, let the fans discuss. You saying the franchise is beating a dead horse while you keep on repeating one word everytime a new thread comes up, at least it is recently.

It amkes you look like those children who keeps asking for their parents’ praise and keep doing one thing again and again.
Stonks
Nov 2, 2021 4:22 AM
EOussama

Dec 2016
Piromysl said:
So, you are going to tell me that people considered this movie "disaapointment", while it was supposed to redeem it?

DeMarcK said:
Uh..? What’s this thread’s aiming for when 99% of people here have not even watch the movie yet?

tuyetthan8x said:

I'm not here to slander the show, I enjoyed my time with sao, all of it (except for some questionable direction in the final alicization season), I came across ppl IRL, forums, podcasts... etc, that really seemed to hate the movie, I myself haven't watched it yet, I plan to very soon, but that got me worried on how the whole thing went.
Nov 2, 2021 4:34 AM
Jul 2021
Eoussama said:
Piromysl said:

DeMarcK said:

tuyetthan8x said:

I'm not here to slander the show, I enjoyed my time with sao, all of it (except for some questionable direction in the final alicization season), I came across ppl IRL, forums, podcasts... etc, that really seemed to hate the movie, I myself haven't watched it yet, I plan to very soon, but that got me worried on how the whole thing went.

You probably came across some questionable sources of information bro. If you have followed SAO a long way you know that the franchise is not those you can trust others’ opinion entirely. Trolls are everywhere. Just watch it and judge it for yourself, don’t let people decieve you man.
Stonks
Nov 2, 2021 4:37 AM
Jun 2021
I see! I myself haven't watched the movie yet. But I will also watch it pretty soon. I haven't really heard about anything about the movie. I hope at least it's good. And I can at least enjoy it. Anyways, I am hyped to watch it.
Nov 2, 2021 4:39 AM
Feb 2021
I guess we are not speaking about the progressive movie because movie itself hasn't been released in anywhere beside Japan and those who have watched it being in Japan or Japanese have only said the positive things about Movie. Also movie is consistently topping box office for 3 days in row since it's released.
Thkugh, there are some gentlemen who claimed themselves to watch Movie despite not being in Japan and review bombing it specifying the things that is literally unrelated to Movie.
Nov 2, 2021 4:54 AM
Jun 2017
I just find it disgusting, like a song. oh my, my feelings for this post from disgust are turning to disgust but like a song..
it's sad that the world is developing more and more but people are becoming more and more corrupt. To those outside of Japan, believe that this movie is great, not only the visuals but also the story. It's something that I believe is a lot better than both the LN and the anime ss1.
tuyetthan8xNov 2, 2021 5:16 AM
Nov 2, 2021 5:25 AM
Jul 2021
RealKurapikaTard said:
It won't change anything

Understandable. Have a nice day!
Nov 2, 2021 6:08 AM
Sep 2018
I see multiple people saying they already saw the first movie, but as far as I know, its only available in Japan, and will only be available "officially" subbed early December. Or is there another site that already has it ?
Nov 2, 2021 10:11 AM

Feb 2018
WHouse said:
I see multiple people saying they already saw the first movie, but as far as I know, its only available in Japan, and will only be available "officially" subbed early December. Or is there another site that already has it ?

It has not been released outside Japan yet. Some people (haters) don't like the fact that the SAO is one of the most popular anime, so they give low rating without even watching. It has been decade now and because of its huge fan base its still going strong.
Nov 2, 2021 10:43 AM
Aug 2019
Your opinion is just that and not fact. Please respect others.
Nov 2, 2021 12:02 PM
EOussama

Dec 2016
TacTneck said:
Your opinion is just that and not fact. Please respect others.

That was not my opinion, I was merely projecting what I had heard which led me to create a thread and clear up my confusion.
Nov 2, 2021 5:51 PM
May 2021
I look at the reviews on this and and theres absolutely no way this deserves a 1. I'm still hyped as fuck
Nov 2, 2021 8:42 PM
Jan 2019
Isn't it a bit too early to make this thread? considering 98% of ppl haven't actually watched it
Nov 3, 2021 4:52 AM
Jul 2019
I don't know about you but I haven't talked to someone yet (who has actually seen the movie) who's disappointed by the movie adaptation. Even with the changes and the new character, all of them are very happy with the adaptation.

What people ARE disappointed by however, is the news about skipping floors and going straight to floor 5 in the next movie.

Since the reason for this seems to be that the Elf War arc isn't completed yet, some rumours are saying they will adapt that as like a mini series maybe? It's just a rumour still, but really hope that's the case.
Nov 7, 2021 6:17 PM
Feb 2021
Chanku-kun said:
I don't know about you but I haven't talked to someone yet (who has actually seen the movie) who's disappointed by the movie adaptation. Even with the changes and the new character, all of them are very happy with the adaptation.

What people ARE disappointed by however, is the news about skipping floors and going straight to floor 5 in the next movie.

Since the reason for this seems to be that the Elf War arc isn't completed yet, some rumours are saying they will adapt that as like a mini series maybe? It's just a rumour still, but really hope that's the case.
Elf war is so long, it might as well need a 50 episodes if they adapted in an anime form.
Nov 8, 2021 7:39 AM
Jul 2019
Abysmal_Saint76 said:
Chanku-kun said:

Elf war is so long, it might as well need a 50 episodes if they adapted in an anime form.

well yeah.....i dont really mind even if it had 50 or more episodes or a long movie series tbh, as long as A-1 do justice for the novel. This is A-1...they messed up the first 2 seasons so not really keeping any hope. I personally liked the way Alicization was adapted (except for the WoU part 2), so im keeping some hope.
Nov 8, 2021 7:49 AM
Feb 2021
Chanku-kun said:
Abysmal_Saint76 said:

well yeah.....i dont really mind even if it had 50 or more episodes or a long movie series tbh, as long as A-1 do justice for the novel. This is A-1...they messed up the first 2 seasons so not really keeping any hope. I personally liked the way Alicization was adapted (except for the WoU part 2), so im keeping some hope.
Yeah, it would be welcoming if they gave that genuine adaptation and they do give plenty of episode for SAO since it is the biggest money maker for A-1 pictures. Also to let you know, A-1 messed up with the Alicization. They cut off lot of Asuna badass scene, Kirisuna wholesome moments including kiss, their cuddling which left many fans so riled and infuriated on the Time of broadcasting.
Nov 9, 2021 2:32 AM
Jul 2019
Abysmal_Saint76 said:
Chanku-kun said:

Yeah, it would be welcoming if they gave that genuine adaptation and they do give plenty of episode for SAO since it is the biggest money maker for A-1 pictures. Also to let you know, A-1 messed up with the Alicization. They cut off lot of Asuna badass scene, Kirisuna wholesome moments including kiss, their cuddling which left many fans so riled and infuriated on the Time of broadcasting.

yeah, i started reading the novels after watching the Movie, so the Alicization arc was original stuff to me at the time. Was pretty upset that they didnt adapt those moments, but was happy that they at least adapted the arc in a much better way than the first 2 seasons. (imo opinion at least)
Dec 4, 2021 2:34 PM

Jun 2011
I don't remember anyone hating on Progressive actually, if you mean the general SAO haters that hate on anything SAO related, that's just them. However, I think people in general loved the movie. I had the liberty of watching it with some friends yesterday and they very much enjoyed it, and are looking forward to the next movie coming out.
Dec 4, 2021 3:03 PM

Jul 2017
(Not a Progressive novel reader btw)

The first movie was infinitely better than the main anime in its entirety, the main anime had so many frustrating writing moments for me with inconsistencies and lack of any sort of quality and pacing but the movie felt a lot more easier to get into and I never wanna see Kirito be the real MC in this series. Asuna ain't that good in the main anime at all but she's much better in the Progressive movie I saw, especially as the lead. I have no idea what I'm getting into with the 2nd film but I hope it continues to rectifies the mistakes and have an actual coherent adventure and story compared to the how SAO felt with many episodes feeling like side stories and not really tackling any growth and progress of Kirito's abilities at all while having an inconsistent attitude then.

There's way more potential with this arc at least compared to every other main SAO arc, I just hope the 2nd movie doesn't fall into the traps of your usual main SAO arcs and turn into mediocrity or even just pure awful fiction. I hope the 2nd movie can deliver somewhat.
Dec 9, 2021 4:00 AM

Oct 2009
I love the series, I enjoyed the light novels, I watched the first Progressive movie, I thought it sucked, I will still watch the second Progressive movie. I still look forward to having the light novels brought to life through animation. The light novels will always tell the story better but the adaptations allow me to enjoy Reki's world more.
Dec 11, 2021 3:52 AM
Oct 2017
Just watched the First movie 10 minutes ago, i loved it and can't wait till this sequel. If you are disappointed that it showed a lot of the scenes from the TV Series... you are shooting yourself in the foot. Of cause it would, asuna was with Kirito for a portion of the Series at the start. and what they showed of Asuna by herself was really good. To point out, the first season before Fairy Dance was one of the best from the series (the others being Alicization, GGO and GGO Alternative). most of the "Fans" you have seen aren't considered fans, more like blind haters.
Jan 15, 2022 1:54 AM
Jun 2020
Who was disappointed with the previous film?
Jan 21, 2022 2:46 PM

Jul 2021
Eoussama said:
how you going to make your opinion speak for the majority lmao
Mar 27, 2022 7:41 AM
Aug 2015
Im not let down if I haven't watch the movie.. Bluray coming in July this year. Let's go!!! 2022 is A good year for sao fans.. Happy ^^
Apr 12, 2022 1:19 PM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Let down you say.

The movie's overall goal was twofold. First to establish Asuna's life before she entered SAO and met Kirito and second showcase how she and Kirito and their allies cleared the first floor boss. A goal that i thought it fulfilled flawlessly.

As to whether im excited for this movie im quite optimistic about it especially if they weave new characters and events into it as well.

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 26, 2022 11:09 AM

May 2019
Haven't watched the movie yet, but this is the first time that I've ever seen an SAO entry be this close to an 8 on MAL. I know that it was one the highest rated shows back in its hay day, but as far as I've seen, this has been the highest. Sooo, I reckon that people quite liked it.
Gintoki and Sugita's birthdays are 1 day apart.
Jun 1, 2022 5:03 AM
Dec 2015
It was so much fun? I saw it in 4DX with my classmates. I was one of the few who were familiar with the series and the people who were seeing SAO for the first time LOVED it. The fact that they all play Genshin Impact may have helped them find common ground with it but honestly, it is a fun watch. I am so gonna go for Part 2 with the same people.
Jul 8, 2022 10:04 AM
Sep 2020
it's quite the opposite. The first movie improved the original story and it was mostly loved by everyone.
Jul 8, 2022 10:39 AM
Jan 2020
Sorry to say this but i think they did a very good beginning that's what u don't understand it's the beginning if an entirely different thing was shown fans would have been very disappointed so they mix it up very well so i think u should start complaining after watching the 2nd progressive but the 1st one is hot for a start
Jul 8, 2022 12:08 PM
Jul 2016
Really? I thought the first movie was great but they did Agil kinda dirty by taking away his spotlight during the boss battle and it could have benefited from a TV anime to spend more time on each event.

The bar was so low for me that even though it did the bare minimum, I am mostly satisfied.
Jul 8, 2022 2:12 PM

Oct 2013
Idk, i loved the first half of sao s1 (but not everything that came later) way more than this, i think going with an alternative universe (and let's face it, rewriting half the events makes it just that) was a bad move, they should have thought of another way to show it from Asuna's perspective than introducing a whole new character that wasn't even there before. The visuals, animation and choreography didn't seem all that impressive either, they clearly had some effort put in them, but it was either badly directed or the editor failed a bit because certain frames that would deserve at least double to triple the time got passed over so fast you didn't even have time to get a proper look and it also made them seem kinda shaky, wiggly and jerky. Plus wasn't the whole idea of it to take the time with each floor? Why go with a movie format then and not a few anime seasons?
Jul 8, 2022 4:19 PM

Jul 2016
mkzxwing said:
Idk, i loved the first half of sao s1 (but not everything that came later) way more than this, i think going with an alternative universe (and let's face it, rewriting half the events makes it just that) was a bad move, they should have thought of another way to show it from Asuna's perspective than introducing a whole new character that wasn't even there before. The visuals, animation and choreography didn't seem all that impressive either, they clearly had some effort put in them, but it was either badly directed or the editor failed a bit because certain frames that would deserve at least double to triple the time got passed over so fast you didn't even have time to get a proper look and it also made them seem kinda shaky, wiggly and jerky. Plus wasn't the whole idea of it to take the time with each floor? Why go with a movie format then and not a few anime seasons?
because the floor are all self contained. And movies is the ideal way to adapt per floor. And with the LN updates is yearly so movies is better. Because if its a seasonal anime the source is gonna catch up

Jul 8, 2022 8:49 PM

Oct 2009
??

I think you just see haters comment

What i know

They love the first movie

Despite of underrated score in MAL

Jul 9, 2022 1:06 AM

Apr 2014
Now that's a loaded question. I think you start with the assumption that a majority of people were disappointed, perhaps just because you were disappointed or you just see the vocal dissatisfied minority, they are always there.

Personally I liked it quite a bit, I went in expecting to see the same thing I saw in the original anime a little bit more fleshed out, but it was something else entirely due to Asuna's point of view and Kirito's better fleshed out personality.
You can really see how the author grew over the years, Kirito has the same level of depth as in the Alicization arc.
Jul 9, 2022 11:15 PM
Mar 2016
I see now. movie 1 have not yet adapted the whole volume 1. So they have to make a complete adaptation of volume 1.
Jul 10, 2022 1:54 AM
Jun 2021
Yes i want more aincrad story
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sword Art Online: Progressive Movie - Kuraki Yuuyami no Scherzo Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Koito91 - Nov 14, 2022

100 by KingSlowDown »»
Feb 16, 4:21 PM

» Mito is basically a replacement for Kizmel

Tank895 - Dec 31, 2023

4 by RealManasBose »»
Jan 14, 8:35 AM

» Are we getting a sequel?

Mystogan14579 - Dec 20, 2023

8 by Sajonji »»
Jan 11, 1:36 PM

» English dub??

Ryan-marsh611 - Oct 29, 2023

5 by MazeCuber »»
Oct 30, 2023 9:47 PM

» fan services...

Zlight19 - Jan 3, 2023

6 by SkyCube »»
Sep 23, 2023 10:43 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.