Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (14) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »
Apr 4, 2010 12:48 AM

Apr 2009
As far as episode one, it's a fine crossover between Haruhi, Clannad and Haibane Renmei. It was mostly ok, but backgrounds were terribly plain and I already hate the characters' faces. But, hey, it's Key, right? It's ok to hate their tasteless faces.
Apr 4, 2010 1:00 AM

Apr 2009
Marly-chan said:
Oh, look, it's Haylias.

Also, DAT ANIMATION

Gah. You never leave me aloooone

;_;
Apr 4, 2010 1:37 AM

Oct 2009
Lind_L_Tailor said:
fertygo said:
ok, i'm out. maybe right some people just too fast give judgement to this show.
but who the hell that give 10 on the review/rate ?
sheesh I'm goes to retard mode too and rate this one 1 (don't worry i change them if i drop this one) because faggots like them

Agreed, anyone who would rate 10/10 after one episode and post up a goddamn review is an idiot. (No offense).
I don't think so.....that person's first impression may make viewers tend to pick this up......the review can be changed after sometime to reflect new views of that person.....it's not that stupid actually when you think about it.
noteDhero said:
Hmmm....

So, I watched the first 5 minutes of CoalGuys' subs, and quickly realized that wasn't fair, so I downloaded Mazui. Overall, I'd say that some of the animation and production (lighting, angles, etc.) were good. But the character design is very dull, and I was surprised to see such discrepancies from one shot to the next.

Character design might be dull by I disagree with you about art style in those character being dull in particular Yuri and Tenshin.
noteDhero said:
I'm reminded of the very beginning of the episode where the main girl is holding the gun, and she is proportioned one way, then they shot her from behind, and she looks so much thinner, and more petite, and then they shoot another angle, and she looks different again. That is kind of inexcusable for a first episode, especially when the animation wasn't fluid enough to warrant such mistakes.

I will agree with you....too bad you can't post pictures of those changes....I would have liked your point to be more illustrative.
noteDhero said:
The scenario is by far the most interesting part, since Key is quickly tossing in the supernatural element of the show as opposed to using it as deus ex for the end with little explanation. Still, though, I'm sure very little will be explained as opposed to what is necessary to completely understand what's going on, since this is how Key adaptations have always been.

Yes! Supernatural element is amazing but the best about it is the eerie mystery atmosphere.
noteDhero said:
The characters are blah at best. No one stands out for being original, or even a refreshing take on their archetype. Normally, the character design would help there, but since everyone looks either generic or an allusion to another character, I'm just totally bored, and it makes the "comedy" less enjoyable since it's all so obvious and by the numbers. I will give them credit for having a lot of guys in the cast, though. That's a sharp difference from Key's past casts, and my pants enjoy that decision.

Rofl your pants? Yeah I agree with that.
noteDhero said:
Finally, there was way too much exposition for my taste. I'm not really a fan of trying to pack the first episode with the philosophy of the show, because it more often than not comes off as amateurish, as it does here.

Yes but it can turn into professional once the pieces missing of this come together explaining all this.
noteDhero said:
So, rating the show off of this episode, I'd give it a 5/10 just because the story could have potential. The episode itself, though, I'm going to go with a 2/5, since there were far more negatives than positives.

I might go and watch CoalGuys' version now.

Rofl I started it at 8 but will be harsher to make it go up to 9.
PSNB said:
I didn't notice this on my first few watches, but when I captured this screenshot I noticed something quite interesting.

Of course, this is pure speculation, as I've not checked out the VN yet.

That is sure interesting but I though there was no VN for this being a complete original itself.

In spoiler my anime list for now.
Apr 4, 2010 1:43 AM

Apr 2010
^ All aboard the quote train !
Apr 4, 2010 1:45 AM

Oct 2009
Maximatum99 said:
Battlesheep said:
People, would you please stop the "Hey, Yuri is almost like Haruhi" comments?
We got it by now...
Wat? They look nothing like each-other! Not even a little.
Exactly! That's right!
Anyone noticed that her distortion ability also has those 0s and 1s?

Apr 4, 2010 2:00 AM

Apr 2010
francismeunier said:
Maximatum99 said:
Battlesheep said:
We got it by now...
Exactly! That's right!

THAT'S RIGHT NOT EVEN A LITTLE!
Apr 4, 2010 2:05 AM
Nov 2009
only their noses are sort of similar
Apr 4, 2010 2:06 AM

Nov 2008
francismeunier said:
Maximatum99 said:
Battlesheep said:
We got it by now...
Exactly! That's right!
Anyone noticed that her distortion ability also has those 0s and 1s?

I was obviously joking since that will be anyone's first impression of Yuri but you didn't watch The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya so you won't get it.

Oh and I think anyone that even watched it even in 480p can tell it was binary.
Apr 4, 2010 2:07 AM

Apr 2010
dandere said:

I-am-Yamada said:
francismeunier said:
Maximatum99 said:
Battlesheep said:
We got it by now...
Exactly! That's right!

ONLY THEIR NOSE!

Maximatum99 said:

I was obviously joking since that will be anyone's first impression of Yuri but you didn't watch The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya so you won't get it.

Wut?
Apr 4, 2010 2:09 AM

Nov 2008
I-am-Yamada said:
Maximatum99 said:

Wut?
I was referring to Francis.
Apr 4, 2010 2:10 AM

Feb 2008
I really hate the character designs and plot. Dropped.
Apr 4, 2010 2:11 AM

Apr 2010
Maximatum99 said:
I-am-Yamada said:
Maximatum99 said:

Wut?
I was referring to Francis.

Oh cool then!

LolitaDecay said:

Give it time it may bring lulz!
Apr 4, 2010 2:13 AM
Nov 2009
Lol I watched it in 720p twice and i didn't notice the #s...WTF IS WRONG WIT MY EYES?!?@@@!!!!
Apr 4, 2010 2:14 AM

Jul 2009
Shit, this wasn't as terrible as I expected.

It was actually okay I guess. Will watch ep 2, though I'm going to drop if this turns into a shitty romance anime.

Powered by hinatachan - TaigaForum
Apr 4, 2010 2:16 AM

Nov 2008
I-am-Yamada said:
LolitaDecay said:
Give it time it may bring lulz!
Oh, it will definitely bring lulz to the forums.
Apr 4, 2010 2:18 AM
Nov 2009
ESSWHY said:
though I'm going to drop if this turns into a shitty romance anime.

lol lol lol

really?
Apr 4, 2010 2:20 AM
Jun 2008
dandere said:
Yuri is more sexier ^^ and Haruhi look more livelier (based on the picture at #267)
Apr 4, 2010 2:22 AM
Nov 2009
Yuri > whatever that raging bitch's name is.
Apr 4, 2010 2:23 AM

Jul 2009
dandere said:
ESSWHY said:

lol lol lol

really?

Why wouldn't I?

I thought because >Key it would turn into a shitty romance anime. Yet MAL does not list romance as a genre, and the cock to boob ratio is not in favour of a shitty harem situation... so I was thinking maybe I'm safe.

Am I wrong?

Powered by hinatachan - TaigaForum
Apr 4, 2010 2:34 AM

Apr 2010
ESSWHY said:
dandere said:
ESSWHY said:

lol lol lol

really?

Why wouldn't I?

I thought because >Key it would turn into a shitty romance anime. Yet MAL does not list romance as a genre, and the cock to boob ratio is not in favour of a shitty harem situation... so I was thinking maybe I'm safe.

Am I wrong?

You mean all romance or just like
girls bravo romance or something?
Apr 4, 2010 2:50 AM

Apr 2009

Are you a bad enough dude?
Apr 4, 2010 3:02 AM
Feb 2010
Haylias said:

Are you a bad enough dude?

Akki....personality lookalike...or just nah maybe
Apr 4, 2010 3:24 AM

Jan 2009
This is my type of anime.....Anything that is unique i eat up lol
Apr 4, 2010 3:27 AM
Feb 2010
i wonder who called create gif for 100hits of hinata
Apr 4, 2010 3:28 AM

Apr 2009
+ there were some punchlines that actually made me grin
+ there was some comedy that I actually liked (character descriptions, their operation)
+ key coffee.
+ so very violent xD

- the hit count was an old joke. It was funny when sunohara was beat up, but this is just a repeat.
- soundtracks are too synthetic
- loads of stereotypes, even clannad and kanon had less sterotypes. maybe because of the male characters. it was funny how their stereotype were ridiculed though.
- A girl band ?! WTF, die. I hate it when anime characters sing - except for otsu-chan.

I'll keep watching because it's in my team for FAL spring 2010. Go key fanboys go
Apr 4, 2010 3:33 AM

Sep 2009
francismeunier said:
Lind_L_Tailor said:
fertygo said:
sheesh I'm goes to retard mode too and rate this one 1 (don't worry i change them if i drop this one) because faggots like them

Agreed, anyone who would rate 10/10 after one episode and post up a goddamn review is an idiot. (No offense).
I don't think so.....that person's first impression may make viewers tend to pick this up......the review can be changed after sometime to reflect new views of that person.....it's not that stupid actually when you think about it.

Yes it is, because anybody who would rate 10/10 after a single episode and then post a review saying "OMG THIS IS THE GREATEST SHOW I'VE EVER SEEN IN MY LIFE!" obviously has no clue what they're talking about. On top of that, one episode does not an accurate review make.
Apr 4, 2010 4:06 AM

Oct 2009
Lind_L_Tailor said:
francismeunier said:
Lind_L_Tailor said:
fertygo said:

Yes it is, because anybody who would rate 10/10 after a single episode and then post a review saying "OMG THIS IS THE GREATEST SHOW I'VE EVER SEEN IN MY LIFE!" obviously has no clue what they're talking about. On top of that, one episode does not an accurate review make.
I agree with you on this form of review but saying what I suggested to bring people into trying this anime based on one's aspects of what they think after 1 episode can be a good thing as long as no ratings nor assumption directed at the anime's general things is not set because it cannot be done unless all of it is watched logically.

Apr 4, 2010 4:16 AM

Feb 2008
This was a little painful to get through. Hackneyed archetypes, weak plot, and cliches everywhere. The lead female (I don't even remember her name) is the only character I really care about, and the main character is an irritable idiot. At the very least, the animation is pretty sexy.

I'll give it a few more episodes before I decide to drop it. Maybe.
Apr 4, 2010 4:32 AM

Nov 2008
francismeunier said:
I agree with you on this form of review but saying what I suggested to bring people into trying this anime based on one's aspects of what they think after 1 episode can be a good thing as long as no ratings nor assumption directed at the anime's general things is not set because it cannot be done unless all of it is watched logically.
Let's "logically" think for sec.

Anybody who knows that if only one episode aired thus far, they will still watch it out of curiosity despite the ratings and stupid reviews.
Apr 4, 2010 4:52 AM
Jun 2008
@Maximatum99
I thought people will watch it after when they start reading the review.....seeing is believing ^^
Apr 4, 2010 4:56 AM

Apr 2009
hmmmm.. i am in awe at the animation of this show.. what is this? a theatrical movie? it is too overwhelming for a tv series.. thank you, P.A. Works..
anyway, lots of things are still not clear but i'll be watching this show till it ends coz production is definitely topnotch.. what i found funny are how they managed to put every darn cliche characters into this show and describe them clearly as that.. kinda makes you feel comfortable with the characters and already know a lot about them..
Apr 4, 2010 4:58 AM

May 2009
I'm not sure what to think of this show just yet.

The first episode was a bit dull for my tastes. The 'jokes' didn't really come across as such, the show seems to take itself way too seriously for that.

And if Yuri isn't modeled after Haruhi, it's a pretty damn good impression then.

The animation itself didn't really impress me. it looks okay, but I've seen better.

Oh well, we'll see how this develops from here.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 4, 2010 5:18 AM

Nov 2008
gloryfy said:
@Maximatum99
I thought people will watch it after when they start reading the review.....seeing is believing ^^
It takes more effort to read a review for just ONE episode that came out than to just see it on Tokyo Toshokan and just download it.
Apr 4, 2010 5:27 AM

Sep 2009
Maximatum99 said:
gloryfy said:
@Maximatum99
It takes more effort to read a review for just ONE episode that came out than to just see it on Tokyo Toshokan and just download it.

Precisely, it does seem pretty pointless. I mean, a review is there to give people an idea of whether they will like it or not, so they won't have to waste many, many hours of their life on something they'll no doubt hate. I doubt anyone needs a single episode review when they can easily go out and form their own opinions on it for themselves.
Apr 4, 2010 5:30 AM

Apr 2010
Lind_L_Tailor said:
Maximatum99 said:
gloryfy said:
@Maximatum99

Precisely, it does seem pretty pointless. I mean, a review is there to give people an idea of whether they will like it or not, so they won't have to waste many, many hours of their life on something they'll no doubt hate. I doubt anyone needs a single episode review when they can easily go out and form their own opinions on it for themselves.

Not if it's a winnar like this!
Apr 4, 2010 5:35 AM

Nov 2008
^ I'm only talking about one episode and one episode being aired. Therefore no one would really have a clue about the rest of the anime. They will watch it and decide to drop it or continue from that.
Apr 4, 2010 5:41 AM

May 2008
man that was nice hope to see more =D

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Apr 4, 2010 5:41 AM

Apr 2010
Maximatum99 said:
^ I'm only talking about one episode and one episode being aired. Therefore no one would really have a clue about the rest of the anime. They will watch it and decide to drop it or continue from that.

Slayers is better
Apr 4, 2010 5:46 AM
Jun 2008
Maximatum99 said:
I thought Tokyo Toshokan break down once and now most download require more than one click compare to before....Nyaatorrent is the best for me ^^ ...But toshokan still got hentai i think...
Apr 4, 2010 5:47 AM

Apr 2010
gloryfy said:
Maximatum99 said:
I thought Tokyo Toshokan break down once and now most download require more than one click compare to before....Nyaatorrent is the best for me ^^ ...But toshokan still got hentai i think...

Animetake is better
Apr 4, 2010 5:50 AM

Feb 2010
hope this anime doesnt fail in ending lolฟหก

Apr 4, 2010 5:51 AM

Nov 2008
gloryfy said:
Maximatum99 said:
It rarely breaks down and Nyaatorrents is a pain in the ass for me. It's like a huge mess of ads and the thumbnails for the subs and RAWs are so damn huge. Toshokan is simple and you only need to click once most of the time.
Apr 4, 2010 5:53 AM
Jun 2008
I-am-Yamada said:
gloryfy said:
Maximatum99 said:

Animetake is better
Animetake doesn't has RAW.......unless it is too hard to understand i will watch sub .The sub sometime just makes me focus more on word than the character itself....
Apr 4, 2010 5:58 AM
Jun 2008
Maximatum99 said:
gloryfy said:
Maximatum99 said:
It rarely breaks down and Nyaatorrents is a pain in the ass for me. It's like a huge mess of ads and the thumbnails for the subs and RAWs are so damn huge. Toshokan is simple and you only need to click once most of the time.
you can categorize it in Nyaatorrent also, just like in Toshokan but its manually not automatically.Anyway during the new year,Toshokan did break down(quite long) and it force me to move to Nyaatorrent.The only good thing of NyaTorrent is that you can see the seeder and peer ^^.
Apr 4, 2010 6:01 AM

Nov 2008
^ Yeah, it was quite a while they broke down and I did switch to Nyaa.
Apr 4, 2010 6:27 AM

Feb 2009
^ TT hasn't had many problems since then though.

Anyways, I liked the show and I think it has a very interesting premise. I can see it going either way though and I hope it becomes a really good series.

I can already tell that the OST is going to be awesome. I didn't care much for the OP, but the ED is really nice.
Apr 4, 2010 6:48 AM
Oct 2008
It seems interesting, but lot of things doesn't make sense - yet.

Yuri should have another voiceactor. Her voice doesn't fit her actions and looks. :/
Apr 4, 2010 7:35 AM
Feb 2009
Overrated. Everybody is automatically assuming or getting their hopes up that this show will be good because Key was involved.

EDIT: Also, because we amateurs can shoot handguns with one hand and also expect to hit, while suffering no impact from the ricochet when firing. Then again, explosions are louder in space in Gundam...
ItsYen10Apr 4, 2010 7:48 AM
Apr 4, 2010 7:38 AM

Apr 2008
ringoo4 said:
Whitewolf5 said:
Meddigo said:
As far as I know, this is the original story Whitewolf. No game/manga of this exists that I know of. There will be a manga based off the anime though, if I remember right reading that on ANN.

Well, I meant that I didn't play the VN, so I don't know the story xD
There is no VN either... :/ This anime is 'original' project...

LOL. I didn't know that.

So everyone has no idea what the story is about, lol.

Thanks for the info~
Apr 4, 2010 7:56 AM

Sep 2009
YennoX said:
Overrated. Everybody is automatically assuming or getting their hopes up that this show will be good because Key was involved.

Or taking the exact opposite stance on it for the exact same reason.
Pages (14) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Angel Beats! Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ShibuyaRiver - Jun 25, 2010

1752 by jilebi_james23 »»
Apr 23, 10:54 AM

Poll: » Angel Beats! Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ShibuyaRiver - Jun 4, 2010

662 by jilebi_james23 »»
Apr 22, 2:41 PM

Poll: » Angel Beats! Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ShibuyaRiver - May 28, 2010

565 by jilebi_james23 »»
Apr 22, 2:13 PM

Poll: » Angel Beats! Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ShibuyaRiver - May 21, 2010

388 by jilebi_james23 »»
Apr 22, 1:44 PM

Poll: » Angel Beats! Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

game8910 - May 14, 2010

538 by jilebi_james23 »»
Apr 22, 9:16 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.