Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Oct 19, 2021 4:51 AM

Mar 2021
So far guys i've been kind of disapointed with the progression of the characters relationship so far. Ngl, I thought there would at least be some kissing by episode 8. Can anyone who has read the manga confirm or give me some motivation to continue?
Oct 19, 2021 5:04 AM
Jan 2021
narakus_cumsock said:
So far guys i've been kind of disapointed with the progression of the characters relationship so far. Ngl, I thought there would at least be some kissing by episode 8. Can anyone who has read the manga confirm or give me some motivation to continue?

Imagine wanting to watch berserk to watch people kiss lmao. This isn't a fucking shoujo. And you probably don't understand what character relationship means if you think it can only only a love relationship. Also, if you want to keep watching, the eclipse is hands down the greatest climax in all of anime/manga. But again, why watch the anime when you can read the manga. The anime misses alot of important moments. So I recommend that you finish the anime and then start the manga ASAP.
Oct 19, 2021 5:08 AM

Jan 2021
Wtf? This ain't a romance anime/manga bruh.

Drop it, if you dont like lmao
Oct 19, 2021 5:28 AM
Mar 2020
Just go watch hentai my guy

๐˜š๐˜ฐ๐˜ฎ๐˜ฆ๐˜ต๐˜ช๐˜ฎ๐˜ฆ๐˜ด ๐˜ธ๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ ๐˜ ๐˜ค๐˜ญ๐˜ฐ๐˜ด๐˜ฆ ๐˜ฎ๐˜บ ๐˜ฆ๐˜บ๐˜ฆ๐˜ด, ๐˜ ๐˜ค๐˜ข๐˜ฏ’๐˜ต ๐˜ด๐˜ฆ๐˜ฆ.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Oct 19, 2021 6:42 AM
Apr 2021
I suggest you turn back and start running because you have no idea what you signed up for
Oct 19, 2021 7:07 AM

Mar 2021
Watch does this person expect.

Iku! Iku!
Oct 19, 2021 7:31 AM

Aug 2019
He's trolling but there's people that genuinely believe that Berserk is a gay show and that Guts is gay. The lengths fangirls will go just to misgender someone...

There's a thread in Banana Fish anime called "Is this..." and oh boy, that Hakeem guy sure is quite the fangurl. I can say this now that he has left the site, I wouldn't be mentioning this otherwise, I hate ganging up, witch hunting and resurrecting dead drama.

More hot takes from him: Berserk, Evangelion, JOJO, AoT all gay love shows. Also, Guts and Dio are gay apparently.

Don't reply to him, he's gone and that thread is dead.
Oct 19, 2021 7:45 AM

Mar 2015
Unfortunately, there's no kissing between Guts and Griffith here :( But I'm sure there's fanfiction or doujins where they do!!
Oct 19, 2021 7:47 AM
Mar 2021
AiNoMukidashi said:
He's trolling but there's people that genuinely believe that Berserk is a gay show and that Guts is gay. The lengths fangirls will go just to misgender someone...

There's a thread in Banana Fish anime called "Is this..." and oh boy, that Hakeem guy sure is quite the fangurl. I can say this now that he has left the site, I wouldn't be mentioning this otherwise, I hate ganging up, witch hunting and resurrecting dead drama.

More hot takes from him: Berserk, Evangelion, JOJO, AoT all gay love shows. Also, Guts and Dio are gay apparently.

Dio is confirmed as bisexual and characters in both AOT and Evangelion are confirmed gay. Also misgendering is using the wrong pronouns, it’s not giving a character a sexuality. I don’t even like half of these shows but I don’t get why there’s a problem.
Oct 19, 2021 7:54 AM

Aug 2019
3lxa said:
AiNoMukidashi said:

Dio is confirmed as bisexual and characters in both AOT and Evangelion are confirmed gay. Also misgendering is using the wrong pronouns, it’s not giving a character a sexuality. I don’t even like half of these shows but I don’t get why there’s a problem.

Having gay characters is not the same as being a gay show nor a gay love show.

Guts is straight, calling him gay is misgendering him.
Edit: Dio is also straight in both anime and manga, he was only "made bi" to appease the Twitter fangirls. Only in Twitter canon Dio is bi.
AiNoMukidashiOct 19, 2021 8:02 AM
Oct 19, 2021 8:04 AM
Mar 2021
AiNoMukidashi said:
3lxa said:

I just explained that misgendering is using the wrong pronouns, for example if i were to use she/her pronouns for Guts. Saying that Guts is gay isn't misgendering, it's just him saying he thinks Guts is gay. Also I'm not gonna lie i watched the old Berserk and both Griffith and Guts were quite gay but more so Griffith.
Also Dio's sexuality was confirmed in an interview with the author, not by some "twitter fangirls".
3lxaOct 19, 2021 8:13 AM
Oct 19, 2021 8:06 AM

Mar 2021
AiNoMukidashi said:
3lxa said:

can u read... misgender = incorrect gender .... not incorrect sexuality
narakus_cumsockOct 19, 2021 8:09 AM
Oct 19, 2021 8:17 AM

Aug 2019
narakus_cumsock said:
AiNoMukidashi said:

Ok, missexualizing then?
I've been told that I was a misgendering homophobe by these fangirls when I explained that Reinhardt from Legends of Galactic Heroes wasn't gay, tho.
Oct 19, 2021 8:21 AM

Aug 2019
3lxa said:
AiNoMukidashi said:

I just explained that misgendering is using the wrong pronouns, for example if i were to use she/her pronouns for Guts. Saying that Guts is gay isn't misgendering, it's just him saying he thinks Guts is gay. Also I'm not gonna lie i watched the old Berserk and both Griffith and Guts were quite gay but more so Griffith.
Also Dio's sexuality was confirmed in an interview with the author, not by some "twitter fangirls".

Yeah, Griffith is gay. You shouldn't ship them, tho, it's quite a nasty situation here since both of them were raped by gay men when they were underaged / literaly children. But that won't keep fangirls from fantasizing about them, lol. Not to mention Griffith, is... well, "lichurly heetler".

And I know Araki said it, but it was because of the fangirls and over Twitter, it was never developed in the anime nor manga.
Oct 19, 2021 8:32 AM
Mar 2021
AiNoMukidashi said:
3lxa said:

Yeah, Griffith is gay. You shouldn't ship them, tho, it's quite a nasty situation here since both of them were raped by gay men when they were underaged / literaly children. But that won't keep fangirls from fantasizing about them, lol. Not to mention Griffith, is... well, "lichurly heetler".

And I know Araki said it, but it was because of the fangirls and over Twitter, it was never developed in the anime nor manga.
Their childhood has nothing to do with what sexuality people think they are.
Also what fangirls have you come across because omg you seem traumatized that a few people on twitter said Guts is gay like just get over it.
You are acting like these 14 year old girls held a fucking gun to the authors head and threatened to kill his entire family if he didn't make Dio bisexual but that's not the case, the author did it on his own accord.
The power you think these fangirls hold over the world is insane like it seems that you have been personally preyed upon by them.
Oct 19, 2021 8:39 AM

Aug 2019
3lxa said:
AiNoMukidashi said:

Also what fangirls have you come across because omg you seem traumatized that a few people on twitter said Guts is gay like just get over it.
You are acting like these 14 year old girls held a fucking gun to the authors head and threatened to kill his entire family if he didn't make Dio bisexual but that's not the case, the author did it on his own accord.
The power you think these fangirls hold over the world is insane like it seems that you have been personally preyed upon by them.

Why are you blowing things out of proportion? I'm just laughing at people's stupidity but you think I'm claiming that Araki was threatened or that I was bullied by rabid fangirls?
I've never even interacted with them. But reading their "reasoning" is quite hilarious.
Oct 19, 2021 8:42 AM
Mar 2021
AiNoMukidashi said:
3lxa said:

Why are you blowing things out of proportion? I'm just laughing at people's stupidity but you think I'm claiming that Araki was threatened or that I was bullied by rabid fangirls?
I've never even interacted with them. But reading their "reasoning" is quite hilarious.
I'm just saying that Dio is confirmed as bisexual and that shouldn't make a difference or impact whether you like his character or not.
Oct 19, 2021 9:09 AM

Aug 2019
3lxa said:
AiNoMukidashi said:

I'm just saying that Dio is confirmed as bisexual and that shouldn't make a difference or impact whether you like his character or not.

1. I like Dio.
2. Him being bi wouldn't make it any different (unless they changed his whole character for some reason)

BUT he isn't bi in the anime nor in the manga, he's only bi, again, in Twitter canon, if you need an asterisk next to his introduction like this:
DIO BRANDO*
*Btw, this character is bi because of a Tweet
Then he really isn't bi. It's not shown nor developed in the anime/manga, if anything he's one of the straightest characters since he keeps banging women and leaving bastards all over the world like Zeus, lol.

Also, that Araki Tweet was apparently made in 2007, predating both Phantom Blood and Stardust Crusaders anime, he could have had David Production make Dio bi in PB or SC but he didn't. The 90's OVAs don't show his biness neither.

Again, I wouldn't have any issues with this if it was developed in the anime or manga, but it isn't. He's honorary bi I guess.
Oct 19, 2021 9:18 AM
Mar 2021
AiNoMukidashi said:
3lxa said:

1. I like Dio.
2. Him being bi wouldn't make it any different (unless they changed his whole character for some reason)

BUT he isn't bi in the anime nor in the manga, he's only bi, again, in Twitter canon, if you need an asterisk next to his introduction like this:
DIO BRANDO*
Then he really isn't bi. It's not shown nor developed in the anime/manga, if anything he's one of the straightest characters since he keeps banging women and leaving bastards all over the world like Zeus, lol.

Also, that Araki Tweet was apparently made in 2007, predating both Phantom Blood and Stardust Crusaders anime, he could have had David Production make Dio bi in PB or SC but he didn't. The 90's OVAs don't show his biness neither.

Again, I wouldn't have any issues with this if it was developed in the anime or manga, but it isn't. He's honorary bi I guess.
Dude... you don't have to wear a rainbow flag and introduce yourself as bisexual when you meet someone in order to be bisexual. Just because you don't see him with any men doesn't make him less bisexual. Bisexuality is attraction towards two or more genders, so just because you see him with women doesn't make him straight, he is confirmed as bisexual so i don't know why you are going above and beyond to prove that he's not.
Oct 19, 2021 9:30 AM

Aug 2019
3lxa said:
AiNoMukidashi said:

1. I like Dio.

DIO BRANDO*

Dude... you don't have to wear a rainbow flag and introduce yourself as bisexual when you meet someone in order to be bisexual. Just because you don't see him with any men doesn't make him less bisexual. Bisexuality is attraction towards two or more genders, so just because you see him with women doesn't make him straight, he is confirmed as bisexual so i don't know why you are going above and beyond to prove that he's not.

That's not how storytelling nor character building works, tho. Going with this Miyazaki could say that Totoro was an imperialist xenophobe in a Tweet even tho there's nothing in the movie that might hint at that.
Again, if Araki meant it he could have had his biness included in the show.
I'm not trying to prove it because there's nothing to prove, it just isn't there.

Oct 19, 2021 9:55 AM
Mar 2021
AiNoMukidashi said:
3lxa said:

That's not how storytelling nor character building works, tho. Going with this Miyazaki could say that Totoro was an imperialist xenophobe in a Tweet even tho there's nothing in the movie that might hint at that.
I'm not trying to prove it because there's nothing to prove, it just isn't there.

There isn't a set list of rules to be bisexual, A bisexual man could date women his entire life and that doesn't make him straight, if he is still attracted to two or more genders then that's what makes him bisexual.
The creators don't have to prove that Dio is bisexual by making him date a man, if the author said he is bisexual then he is, there's no need for proof, it's a sexuality, it doesn't need to be a big thing.
Oct 19, 2021 9:58 AM
Jul 2018
Holy heck what did I just stumble on lmao.
Guts is plenty hot so I wouldn't mind it, but Berserk isn't renowned for its fruity moments.
Oct 19, 2021 10:18 AM
Jun 2015
narakus_cumsock said:
dude. read the manga for berserk. it is the only best way to consume this series imo.
Oct 19, 2021 10:26 AM

Aug 2019
3lxa said:
AiNoMukidashi said:

There isn't a set list of rules to be bisexual, A bisexual man could date women his entire life and that doesn't make him straight, if he is still attracted to two or more genders then that's what makes him bisexual.
The creators don't have to prove that Dio is bisexual by making him date a man, if the author said he is bisexual then he is, there's no need for proof, it's a sexuality, it doesn't need to be a big thing.

Going with that one could say "everyone's bi unless otherwise stated" which is funny for the memes but not really meaningful. If he's supossed to be something, then he must at least have a hint at that, I'm not talking about sex scenes or whatever.
It's the JK Rowling syndrome, just lazy retconning and/or fanbase pleasing that is made meaningless because it isn't developed at all in the source material.

2 entire decades passed since the debut of Phantom Blood in 1987 until 2007 when he made the Tweet. That means he was straight for 20 years then all of a sudden was bi in 2007 and then retconned again 5 years later in the anime adaptation? What kind of competent character building is that? Just lazy retcons and/or pandering.

Paradise Kiss, for example, has a bi character named George. He's male and the main love interest of our female main character but (like you said) he never gets in a relationship with another man in the anime. In fact, they only talk about how much of a womanizer he is and about his girlfriends. But it's hinted and then specified that he's bi. The same could have been done with Dio, but they chose not to.

If he's bi then he's "JK Rowling bi". Or "Netflix bi", nothing meaningful. His sexuality doesn't need to be a big thing, you're right, but that doesn't mean it's prone to change at random, that's NOT how storytelling works.
Oct 19, 2021 11:08 AM
Mar 2021
AiNoMukidashi said:
3lxa said:

Going with that one could say "everyone's bi unless otherwise stated" which is funny for the memes but not really meaningful. If he's supossed to be something, then he must at least have a hint at that, I'm not talking about sex scenes or whatever.
It's the JK Rowling syndrome, just lazy retconning and/or fanbase pleasing that is made meaningless because it isn't developed at all in the source material.

2 entire decades passed since the debut of Phantom Blood in 1987 until 2007 when he made the Tweet. That means he was straight for 20 years then all of a sudden was bi in 2007 and then retconned again 5 years later in the anime adaptation? What kind of competent character building is that? Just lazy retcons and/or pandering.

Paradise Kiss, for example, has a bi character named George. He's male and the main love interest of our female main character but (like you said) he never gets in a relationship with another man in the anime. In fact, they only talk about how much of a womanizer he is and about his girlfriends. But it's hinted and then specified that he's bi. The same could have been done with Dio, but they chose not to.

If he's bi then he's "JK Rowling bi". Or "Netflix bi", nothing meaningful. His sexuality doesn't need to be a big thing, you're right, but that doesn't mean it's prone to change at random, that's NOT how storytelling works.
You are being so dramatic, just because the author didn't specify Dio's sexuality when you wanted him to doesn't mean Dio's sexuality is any less valid. I really don't understand why you can't just accept that he is bi and move on, this forum isn't even about Dio or Jojo's.
Oct 19, 2021 11:37 AM

Aug 2019
3lxa said:
AiNoMukidashi said:

You are being so dramatic, just because the author didn't specify Dio's sexuality when you wanted him to doesn't mean Dio's sexuality is any less valid. I really don't understand why you can't just accept that he is bi and move on, this forum isn't even about Dio or Jojo's.

"When I wanted" is just you being dramatic, in this case it was "when they were producing it and developing it", as it should be, you don't leave tiny bits of lore / character building or development / storytelling to release as tweets decades later, lol.

He's JK Rowling Bi. A retcon.
If you wanna praise that, then by all means, you do you, just don't assume that most are going to be ok with, one: retcons that are never acknowledged anywhere else and two: storytelling via tweets.

"this forum isn't even about Dio" You decided to continue that conversation, no one forced you.
Oct 19, 2021 1:49 PM
Apr 2020
You must be trolling mate ๐Ÿ˜‚
Kissing and fan service in berserk lol
Look for something else you won't find what you're looking for (fan service) in berserk
I can't believe im writing this but here I am ๐Ÿ˜‚
Oct 19, 2021 2:01 PM
Apr 2020
AiNoMukidashi said:
3lxa said:

"When I wanted" is just you being dramatic, in this case it was "when they were producing it and developing it", as it should be, you don't leave tiny bits of lore / character building or development / storytelling to release as tweets decades later, lol.

He's JK Rowling Bi. A retcon.
If you wanna praise that, then by all means, you do you, just don't assume that most are going to be ok with, one: retcons that are never acknowledged anywhere else and two: storytelling via tweets.

"this forum isn't even about Dio" You decided to continue that conversation, no one forced you.

Don't bother going in arguments with these people man, they will try to turn everything into some different gender

No hate but we had our enough of this shit, it's not just about berserk, you will find people claiming different genders for almost all animes characters
I swear it feals like MAL is turning into Twitter
Oct 19, 2021 2:02 PM
Jul 2018
Guys stfu this is an obvious troll they are straight lol.
Oct 20, 2021 8:44 AM
May 2021
AiNoMukidashi said:
narakus_cumsock said:

Ok, missexualizing then?
I've been told that I was a misgendering homophobe by these fangirls when I explained that Reinhardt from Legends of Galactic Heroes wasn't gay, tho.

Reinhard is staight o7
Oct 20, 2021 9:50 PM
Jan 2018
Weebs are real morons. Imagine taking a post like this seriously. Clearly it's a shitpost.

My favorite kiss was when gatsu kissed daddy donavons girthy schlong!๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜ unfortunately though that was only in the manga ๐Ÿ˜ฅ
He died doing what he wanted, no matter what, right? I bet he was happy.

Good luck with berserk Kouji Mori, you'll need all the help you can get. We believe in you.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Berserk Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Zell182 - Aug 4, 2009

73 by Dakidhellsing »»
May 25, 3:52 AM

Poll: » Berserk Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Ston3_FreeN7 - Jul 25, 2009

81 by Heos »»
May 23, 1:03 AM

Poll: » Berserk Episode 8 Discussion

Zell182 - Aug 4, 2009

43 by Lun4t1cc »»
May 13, 4:53 AM

» Berserk Golden Age Sequel

18927 - Apr 21

22 by eaten-apple »»
Apr 22, 4:15 AM

Poll: » Berserk Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Friendlysoul - Mar 11, 2008

513 by RaphaOtakuBr »»
Apr 12, 11:03 AM
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.