Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Oct 17, 2021 10:52 PM
Sep 2021
NGL I really felt good after watching the anime , tho being a short anime , its well animated and produced . It didnt feel boring at any point too . Am not saying that its the best isekai anime out there , cuz there are also many great stuff out there too . There might be probably 4 or 5 seasons i guess . Again I havent read the manga yet , so non-spoiler reviews will be appriciated
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Oct 17, 2021 11:01 PM

Apr 2020
Yeah Mushoku Tensei is a good isekai imo, but this isekai is not the best. I would say this is one of the best isekai.
Oct 17, 2021 11:02 PM
Jan 2021
It is said to be one of the og isekai and studio bind was literally made for this anime that's why we will get a faithful adaptation
Oct 17, 2021 11:03 PM
Jul 2021
Re:Zero and Rising of the shield hero will always be the best isekai anime
Oct 17, 2021 11:03 PM

Sep 2021
Maybe for many this would be the best isekai but not for everyone
The most dangerous irony is, people are angry with others because of their own incompetence
Oct 17, 2021 11:06 PM
Oct 2020
animeforlife808 said:
NGL I really felt good after watching the anime , tho being a short anime , its well animated and produced . It didnt feel boring at any point too . Am not saying that its the best isekai anime out there , cuz there are also many great stuff out there too . There might be probably 4 or 5 seasons i guess . Again I havent read the manga yet , so non-spoiler reviews will be appriciated

We get these threads a lot.

It’s one of them. Re:Zero, Overlord, and Konosuba are up there with it. Idk if it’s the best out of these yet though.
Oct 17, 2021 11:12 PM
Jul 2018
MTs vibe is unique , it's really really good but the only thing i don't like is Rudes... Mf is worst mc (character wise)
Oct 17, 2021 11:13 PM

Apr 2020
infiniteA32s said:
this series is known as father or isakai anime becouse it was the first sereies as LN to bring isakai trops and untill then there were no isaka anime like these nor LN And manga it made the isaka genera famous and anime like SAO took advantage so all the points like truck kun , neet , op character ,power system, etc which are found in other anime are taken from this anime this series created rules for isakai anime
Oct 17, 2021 11:15 PM
Jul 2018
No, Mushoku Tensei is a typical isekai.
Oct 17, 2021 11:21 PM
Sep 2021
d
infiniteA32s said:
efinitely , i agree with that
Oct 17, 2021 11:24 PM
Sep 2021
Chota_Itachi said:
MTs vibe is unique , it's really really good but the only thing i don't like is Rudes... Mf is worst mc (character wise)

am not gonna hate on him tho , well he is not the best mc , but not that bad either
Oct 17, 2021 11:24 PM
Sep 2021
Setho-kun said:
It is said to be one of the og isekai and studio bind was literally made for this anime that's why we will get a faithful adaptation
oh yes , s1 was definetly outstanding
Oct 17, 2021 11:30 PM

Dec 2020
It definitely doesn't look like it to me. But one of the worst Isekai I've ever seen.

I could write one of those college thesis texts to argue all the reasons why Mushoku Tensei seems inferior to me, but since I don't like to come across as a man without judgment or a prophet, I'm going to summarize the reasons.

Rudeus, so far, does not show good character writing and if he did not demonstrate good writing in the first season, he is a failure because he will not give good expectations for what follows. Comedy is bad. I don't want to say why, but teasing a pervert with perverted thoughts is like teasing a kid who eats candy. The "realism" shit from the stage and the sex scenes really doesn't make sense. In fact, if you watch an American movie from the 60s to the 80s, it will mostly contain some nudist or sexual scene under the same pretext, but it is assumed that the cinema evolved so that these scenes were not carried out with the argument of that are unnecessary. Showing off the realism of the setting is like showing off a trifle.

The biggest problem I have with Mushoku Tensei is that I don't know at all what his claims are about the audience. Someone might tell me things like "Rudeus's writing doesn't matter" or "You're looking at Mushoku Tensei from the wrong point of view", then I'll answer "if Rudeus's character writing doesn't matter, then what does it matter in Mushoku Tensei?"or "If I don't see it correctly, what is the correct way to see Mushoku Tensei?"

In the end, trying to criticize Mushoku Tensei is like criticizing a man who serves alcohol with his belly, you don't even know what you could criticize because you don't know what he's trying to do beyond juggling.
Oct 17, 2021 11:35 PM
Jul 2018
Mushoku Tensei is an amazing isekai! Even Re:Zero fails in comparison to Mushoku Tensei (ofc Re:Zero waifus are supreme)

It's not like any other Isekai where you get transported to another world and join those Adventurer Guilds to become the god there or defeat the king (most isekai follow this plot setting) mushoku is different. It's a story about a person who has been useless his whole life and gets a chance in another world to redeem his life again! (Note; he isn't just teleported but is literally reborn {that's the meaning of isekai my dudes to be reborn in another world and not just go into a fantasy RPG world})

At first Rudeus does prove to be Pedophilic and carefree but in the latest episodes of the 2nd cour he is slowly becoming more and more responsible...

Mushoku Tensei FTW
Oct 17, 2021 11:55 PM
Feb 2020
I think its one of the best too with Re zero
The other Isekai just get less interesting with time konosuba good too but i consider it more as a comedy
Oct 17, 2021 11:56 PM

Mar 2021
I swear these kind of thread will just pop up every week and then get locked as soon as it was made
Oct 18, 2021 1:04 AM
Jan 2021
It's one of the OG of the Isekai genre that inspired a lot of Isekai genre WN, LN, Manga, and Anime today. If you can look pass the perverted shit(that doesn't relate to the development of the story), it is one of the best Isekai IMO.
Oct 18, 2021 1:16 AM
Oct 2020
It is nothing special. But oh god the amount of threads asking - Is it the best isekai? or something is getting annoying. Watch " The Twelve Kingdoms" -
NHarmoniaGOct 18, 2021 1:24 AM
Oct 18, 2021 1:16 AM

Oct 2019
animeforlife808 said:

the only other things that come close are konosuba and re zero

but konosuba is good for a different reason.

and re zero has it's pacing and info dump problems, not to mention how better mushoku is production wise. specially it's season 2.

but i also feel like re zero hits a more personal space, so to the people who love re zero, re zero will always be the best.

that said. i agree. mushoku is easily the best isekai imo
Also available at:
YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK8spdL1M_J-z0vO2C7jPLw
Second Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@AshPolygonsDo/videos
Why You Should Watch Akudama Drive: https://youtu.be/Yw0r52wRjgA
A Love Letter To Anime「AMV」: https://youtu.be/YQyqxFM2m9Q

My referral code to a website/app that gives you free money (a few cents a day) by using a few megabytes of your internet for file sharing. We both get a bonus if you use my link: https://r.honeygain.me/ARSHIA7942
Oct 18, 2021 1:23 AM

Apr 2019
Yes, of course. Isekai in anime has existed since the 60's, with all that exist, for sure this is the best
Oct 18, 2021 1:28 AM

Apr 2021
One of the best for now, could be the best in the future imo.
Oct 18, 2021 1:35 AM

Mar 2021
idk for sure till now....its obviously still not upto mark as 1st season.... let's wait and see
Oct 18, 2021 1:56 AM
Jul 2018
infiniteA32s said:

They are nothing compared to Mushoku Tensei not even close.
Oct 18, 2021 2:21 AM

Feb 2021
DamonElix said:
infiniteA32s said:

Atleast they have better mc 😌
Oct 18, 2021 2:35 AM
Oct 2021
I really like this anime, but "this is the "OG" Isekai" couldn't be farther from the truth.

I grew up in the 90s watching shows like El Hazard, Inuyasha, The Twelve Kingdoms, Now and Then, Here and There, Magic Knight Rayearth, Digimon, Monster Rancher and others I'm probably forgetting rn, which would definitely fall under the genre(that is, if they were released today, as I'm sure it still wasn't a thing back then).
Oct 18, 2021 2:39 AM

Oct 2019
EyeViewer said:
It definitely doesn't look like it to me. But one of the worst Isekai I've ever seen.

I could write one of those college thesis texts to argue all the reasons why Mushoku Tensei seems inferior to me, but since I don't like to come across as a man without judgment or a prophet, I'm going to summarize the reasons.

Rudeus, so far, does not show good character writing and if he did not demonstrate good writing in the first season, he is a failure because he will not give good expectations for what follows. Comedy is bad. I don't want to say why, but teasing a pervert with perverted thoughts is like teasing a kid who eats candy. The "realism" shit from the stage and the sex scenes really doesn't make sense. In fact, if you watch an American movie from the 60s to the 80s, it will mostly contain some nudist or sexual scene under the same pretext, but it is assumed that the cinema evolved so that these scenes were not carried out with the argument of that are unnecessary. Showing off the realism of the setting is like showing off a trifle.

The biggest problem I have with Mushoku Tensei is that I don't know at all what his claims are about the audience. Someone might tell me things like "Rudeus's writing doesn't matter" or "You're looking at Mushoku Tensei from the wrong point of view", then I'll answer "if Rudeus's character writing doesn't matter, then what does it matter in Mushoku Tensei?"or "If I don't see it correctly, what is the correct way to see Mushoku Tensei?"

In the end, trying to criticize Mushoku Tensei is like criticizing a man who serves alcohol with his belly, you don't even know what you could criticize because you don't know what he's trying to do beyond juggling.

people always have this way of finding problems that don't exist in things they don't like.

and you are the perfect example of that.

the comedy is bad: what if i say you're wrong, and comedy is subjective. i think it's funny, and from the ratings, it doesn't seem like i'm the only one. when it comes to comedy, it's completely subjective.

if most people say it's funny, it's funny. nothing is funny in a way that everyone finds it funny,

and the mc. he is FAR from being badly written. (this comes off as even more stupid when i see that you have given demon slayer a 10 while saying this) i can just see the smirk on people like you while saying "he iS sTuLl a PeDo ThOuH" so he has had 0 character development right? that makes sense... if you turn off your brain that is.

i'm not going to explain why this character has development, or why the author achieves everything they need to achieve with his character perfectly. just know that you are completely blinded by hate if you think mushoku has bad writing in any way.

lets say the realism is pointless. so what? i disagree, but let's say you're right. half the inner monologue in battle shounens are pointless. a lot of slice of life scenes in other animes are pointless. most openings and endings are pointless. but i bet you wouldn't have a problem with them.

this is what is actually happening, you dislike those rape and off putting scenes, so you are trying to find any reason you can to say they are making the show bad, without accepting that, that's just your opinion, and your reasonings are not nearly good enough to convince anyone who is not in the same mindset as you.

i hate people like you. you come and place some subjective points, make it seems as if they are objective, and then put off the show as complete garbage because of them.

you glorify the smallest problems in shows you hate, while ignoring the huge problems of the shows you like.

you know what show has much bigger problems with it's writing than mushoku?

angel beats, that show is infested with plot holes. it's still good, but it has way more problems than mushoku, and it's production is also miles behind mushoku. but that show is a 10/10 for you, because you don't care if a show is actually good or not. you choose to only see the good of the things you like, and you choose to see only the bad of what you don't like.

APolygons2Oct 18, 2021 3:24 AM
Also available at:
YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK8spdL1M_J-z0vO2C7jPLw
Second Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@AshPolygonsDo/videos
Why You Should Watch Akudama Drive: https://youtu.be/Yw0r52wRjgA
A Love Letter To Anime「AMV」: https://youtu.be/YQyqxFM2m9Q

My referral code to a website/app that gives you free money (a few cents a day) by using a few megabytes of your internet for file sharing. We both get a bonus if you use my link: https://r.honeygain.me/ARSHIA7942
Oct 18, 2021 2:52 AM

Oct 2019
Just wait... until season 3.
Oct 18, 2021 2:54 AM
Jul 2018
Regulus_047 said:
DamonElix said:

You mean the most cringe MC ever made in history of Isekai anime lol. I have yet to see any MC more cringe and exasperating than Subaru, he is the worst.
Oct 18, 2021 3:04 AM

Jul 2017
I read it's light novel/ web novel few years ago, read it till

I don't remember weather it was light novel or web novel I read
I finally dropped it because the Mc was really pisssing (he went past my tolarance limit)

So for me best isekai is either begining after the end, rezero or, shield bro
AkitokamisenOct 18, 2021 3:07 AM
Oct 18, 2021 3:13 AM

Jul 2017
infiniteA32s said:

rotsh is no way near as good as re zero
Oct 18, 2021 3:13 AM

Jul 2017
DamonElix said:
Regulus_047 said:

You mean the most cringe MC ever made in history of Isekai anime lol. I have yet to see any MC more cringe and exasperating than Subaru, he is the worst.

Have you even watched season 2
Oct 18, 2021 3:15 AM
Jul 2018
Kitsune_089 said:
DamonElix said:

Of Re Zero? Yes. Both parts. I even wrote a review lol.
Oct 18, 2021 3:18 AM

Jul 2017
BoyBegtu said:
No, Mushoku Tensei is a typical isekai.

certified bruh moment
Oct 18, 2021 3:22 AM

Jul 2017
DamonElix said:
Kitsune_089 said:

I was gonna check your review but after 20 seconds of looking at your profile its pretty obvious you dont enjoy +%50 anime you watch, why are you here?? . And you rated sao 1 and 2 higher than lots of stuff so after seeing that i cant really read your review objectively, so you can duck off
Oct 18, 2021 3:29 AM
Jul 2018
Kitsune_089 said:
DamonElix said:

I was gonna check your review but after 20 seconds of looking at your profile its pretty obvious you dont enjoy +%50 anime you watch, why are you here?? . And you rated sao 1 and 2 higher than lots of stuff so after seeing that i cant really read your review objectively, so you can duck off

Uh okay? I don't really care at all about what a random 12 year old on the internet feels about my taste but sure, keep flaming, its entertaining to say the least.

I'm not gonna hate on SAO because its a community trend. I view stuff I watch on my own personal opinions and taste and rate it according to the enjoyment I found out of it.

Edit: Where does it say if you rated something low you did not enjoy it lol? I have watched some near perfect anime and I have standards.
Oct 18, 2021 3:34 AM

Jul 2017
DamonElix said:
Kitsune_089 said:

Uh okay? I don't really care at all about what a random 12 year old on the internet feels about my taste but sure, keep flaming, its entertaining to say the least.

I'm not gonna hate on SAO because its a community trend. I view stuff I watch on my own personal opinions and taste and rate it according to the enjoyment I found out of it.

???
I dont hate sao or neither should you but if youre gonna write reviews etc sao (especially sao 2) is near objectively awfull as a source material, thats doesnt say i didnt enjoy it but its pretty obvious that they are bad. Sao was like my 2/3rd anime ive watched and is iconic and nostalgic to me, yet i can still acknowledge its not good.
+ im 18 -_-
Oct 18, 2021 3:39 AM
May 2021
Regulus_047 said:
DamonElix said:

Nah rudeus is way more realistic 🙂
Oct 18, 2021 3:40 AM
Jul 2018
Kitsune_089 said:
DamonElix said:

???
I dont hate sao or neither should you but if youre gonna write reviews etc sao (especially sao 2) is near objectively awfull as a source material, thats doesnt say i didnt enjoy it but its pretty obvious that they are bad. Sao was like my 2/3rd anime ive watched and is iconic and nostalgic to me, yet i can still acknowledge its not good.
+ im 18 -_-

Well I don't really care about your opinion and unlike you, who rates everything a 9 or a 10, I have standards. Like I said, I have seen some stuff which is absolutely near perfect(the 2nd Fate movie for example) so the bar for me exceptionally high.

I rated SAO a 7 because it didn't follow the typical shitty tropes 99.9% anime do. Most anime spend all their time without the main characters getting together and when they do get together the show ends. SAO actually paired the two characters together very early on and developed their relationship. Also Asuna is the most perfect waifu ever made in anime so idk what there is to complain.
Oct 18, 2021 3:42 AM

Aug 2021
NO NO AND NEVER !!!

Oct 18, 2021 3:45 AM

Jul 2017
DamonElix said:
Kitsune_089 said:

???
+ im 18 -_-

Well I don't really care about your opinion and unlike you, who rates everything a 9 or a 10, I have standards. Like I said, I have seen some stuff which is absolutely near perfect(the 2nd Fate movie for example) so the bar for me exceptionally high.

I rated SAO a 7 because it didn't follow the typical shitty tropes 99.9% anime do. Most anime spend all their time without the main characters getting together and when they do get together the show ends. SAO actually paired the two characters together very early on and developed their relationship. Also Asuna is the most perfect waifu ever made in anime so idk what there is to complain.

sao is the epitemy of shitty tropes what the fuck are you smoking bro share some i want to be as high as you lmao, asuna is like the most 5/10 character ever, she is the baseline of average??????
Oct 18, 2021 3:48 AM
Jul 2018
Kitsune_089 said:
DamonElix said:

sao is the epitemy of shitty tropes what the fuck are you smoking bro share some i want to be as high as you lmao, asuna is like the most 5/10 character ever, she is the baseline of average??????

Well your taste is the epitome of trash you have given ReZero a 10 so yeah lol. I feel sorry for you.
Oct 18, 2021 4:00 AM

Jul 2017
DamonElix said:
Kitsune_089 said:

Well your taste is the epitome of trash you have given ReZero a 10 so yeah lol. I feel sorry for you.

alright sao is better than re zero guy you are correct, even though you dont enjoy more than half of the stuff you watch your taste is objectively superior
kek
Oct 18, 2021 4:30 AM
Mar 2021
animeforlife808 said:
really great isekai. Best? Idts.
Oct 18, 2021 4:31 AM

Feb 2021
BigSlime91 said:
Regulus_047 said:

You better seek help if you think Rudeus is realistic
Oct 18, 2021 4:38 AM
May 2021
Regulus_047 said:
BigSlime91 said:

You better seek help if you think Rudeus is realistic

You're living in a delusion if you think a no life pedo mc is suddenly gonna become this righteous saviour full of high moral values after getting isekai'd but go off i guess
Oct 18, 2021 4:40 AM
Dec 2020
The LN readers said that the show is gonna go full throttle and way darker in the next episode. Right now I only have re:Zero as an S-tier isekai with Mushoku at A-Tier, but that can quickly change given the ominous feeling I've been getting from the fans as of late

"things are gonna take a dark turn" they said
"it's gonna get real" they said
Oct 18, 2021 4:43 AM

Jul 2017
I kept on saying this in some previous forums and I'll say it in more when they happen in the future, there's not an isekai out there that's as entertaining, quality, well-animated and in-depth as Mushoku Tensei. It's got nearly everything that a truly great fantasy series in this realm would have, and it always entertains/keeps itself fresh unlike most other isekai out there, including Re:Zero in that group. I don't even know if there is another isekai series that I'd consider 'good' except this one which is one of my favorite anime/LNs out there.
Oct 18, 2021 5:04 AM
Jul 2018
animejas said:
I kept on saying this in some previous forums and I'll say it in more when they happen in the future, there's not an isekai out there that's as entertaining, quality, well-animated and in-depth as Mushoku Tensei. It's got nearly everything that a truly great fantasy series in this realm would have, and it always entertains/keeps itself fresh unlike most other isekai out there, including Re:Zero in that group. I don't even know if there is another isekai series that I'd consider 'good' except this one which is one of my favorite anime/LNs out there.

Mushoku Tensei is leagues above any other isekai including ReZero trash. Only one I would consider half as good is probably Youjo Senki due to its out of the box setting and amazing animation.

Mushoku has everything, a complete story with a good ending and the story was engaging and entertaining from start to finish. The characters are wonderful and well written and super enjoyable.

Nothing comes close. Especially not ReZero. And also its the best animated anime this year.
Oct 18, 2021 5:14 AM
Oct 2021
InVaL_iDKore said:
I think Re:Zero and Shield Hero are better then this, this is one of the better isekais though.

Rezero is okay

But shield hero?

Hey there was a lot of better Isekai than shield hero

Like grimgar, or even slime was better

Shield hero is cringe

Actually same like rezero

A lot of character become cringe and abnormal, in the sense of psycology
Oct 18, 2021 5:36 AM
Mar 2021
its ture that has good aninations, also character evolation is slow and comfortable. So it depends on what youre looking for.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Part 2 Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Homura24 - Dec 19, 2021

465 by sharosharo »»
May 1, 11:19 AM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Part 2 Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 12, 2021

469 by sharosharo »»
May 1, 10:54 AM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Part 2 Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 5, 2021

415 by sharosharo »»
May 1, 10:21 AM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Part 2 Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 28, 2021

302 by sharosharo »»
May 1, 9:57 AM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Part 2 Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Nov 21, 2021

227 by sharosharo »»
May 1, 9:31 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.