Forum Settings
Forums

Do you think you are mature and what do you think are the sure signs of maturity?

New
Oct 16, 2021 6:45 AM

May 2021
I often hear people say "You are old now, act maturely", but what does being mature mean, I know everyone has a different definition, but I'd like to hear what you guys think are signs of maturity and do you think you have those qualities?
Oct 16, 2021 6:47 AM

Jul 2019
I am mature, I just don't act like it, because it is boring. This is mostly true on an online interface whereas irl I am mostly calm tho.
Oct 16, 2021 6:47 AM
Dec 2017
I'm an anti social edgelord neetaku kid at heart lol i'm anything but that.

Oct 16, 2021 6:48 AM

May 2021
NextUniverse said:
I am mature, I just don't act like it, because it is boring. This is mostly true on an online interface whereas irl I am mostly calm tho.

What makes you say that, what qualities do you think a mature person has?
Oct 16, 2021 6:49 AM

Jul 2019
CuckooClock said:
NextUniverse said:

I do not vex at trivial matters and I (usually) think rationally.
Oct 16, 2021 6:53 AM

Aug 2021
I may look like a mature person, but I argue with kids

Seriously, admitting when you are wrong and able to consider others opinions is a very important quality, most people lack nowadays
Oct 16, 2021 6:56 AM

May 2021
Crow_Black said:

So, you admit that you are immature?
Rosale said:

Seriously, admitting when you are wrong and able to consider others opinions is a very important quality, most people lack nowadays

+1
Oct 16, 2021 6:56 AM
Dec 2017
CuckooClock said:
Crow_Black said:

Rosale said:

+1

I'm alot nicer and easiergoing off here than i am on the forums tbh. And i can handle an "l" responsibly instead of mass filing reports on people i don't like over disagreements.

Oct 16, 2021 6:58 AM

May 2021
Crow_Black said:
CuckooClock said:

+1

I'm alot nicer and easiergoing off here than i am on the forums tbh. And i can handle an "l" responsibly instead of mass filing reports on people i don't like over disagreements.

Okay, but I'd like you to hear your opinion on what qualities you consider in a mature person?
Oct 16, 2021 6:59 AM
Dec 2017
CuckooClock said:
Crow_Black said:

Okay, but I'd like you to hear your opinion on what qualities you consider in a mature person?

Basically someone who respects others and treats those the way they want to be treated and can handle taking an l instead of pulling a bitchfit and having and ego projection like i mentioned.

Oct 16, 2021 7:02 AM

Sep 2015
Maturing is being able to look back on your life, and see the things you've learned and improved from. So yes, I agree with the people above too. Being able to see your own mistakes and improving upon it.

I am sorry if im not making much sense. English is my second language and I had a hard time making that a good working sentence.
"This signature is under construction." ~Fabuubz
Oct 16, 2021 7:04 AM

May 2021
NextUniverse said:
CuckooClock said:

But, I think emotions are also important, understanding that people are emotional and thinking based on both emotion and reason is also important
Oct 16, 2021 7:06 AM

May 2021
Fabrunette said:
Maturing is being able to look back on your life, and see the things you've learned and improved from. So yes, I agree with the people above too. Being able to see your own mistakes and improving upon it.

I am sorry if im not making much sense. English is my second language and I had a hard time making that a good working sentence.

I agree with this one, being able to learn from your and OTHERS mistakes is a must quality
Oct 16, 2021 7:09 AM

Sep 2015
CuckooClock said:
Fabrunette said:

I agree with this one, being able to learn from your and OTHERS mistakes is a must quality

I'm the empathic type. I see others behaviour and i'm like "I never want that for me" lol
"This signature is under construction." ~Fabuubz
Oct 16, 2021 7:11 AM

Jan 2021
Maturity is just an act to flex on your past
Oct 16, 2021 7:11 AM
Jul 2018
Are you talking about emotional maturity. Well I don't want to self-proclaim that I'm mature, it would look like I'm an edgelord. Emotional maturity is when someone introspects their own actions and behaviour. When someone becomes open-minded and realises that arguments and arrogant behaviour won't get them anywhere. When someone learns when and what to speak. When someone starts listening to elders and experienced.
Oct 16, 2021 7:22 AM

Jul 2019
CuckooClock said:
NextUniverse said:

But, I think emotions are also important, understanding that people are emotional and thinking based on both emotion and reason is also important
It should be emotionally coherent too in that it isn't biased to make someone feel better without benefits existing. I'd like to believe none of us are robots, which in turn would mean that emotional needs must be satisfied, but again, should be coherent and shouldn't go down self-destruction, because that isn't really mature.
Oct 16, 2021 8:43 AM

Oct 2017
I'd say being respectful, and not being confrontational or making fun of those you deem/want to be inferior. Understanding your place, and not bringing others down who are above (or below) you for valid reasons e.g. parents, boss (for their status rather than their behaviour, but nonetheless wanting to bring people down is a warning sign), because there's no such thing as a hierarchy outside of that unless you yourself make it such by promoting your superiority. For one, you're not above them, they're the one who has responsibility for you unless it's something they have no control over. For two, nobody is any more psychologically superior than another, that's only egotism. The world does not revolve around you.
As the person above said, an eye for an eye is pretty immature, as well. It literally leads to nothing but a non-stop spiral of toxicity, and only makes you just as bad, if not worse, than the person you're talking about. I'd say a better thing you can do if you have to do something is: "say they're a shitty person, but don't become the shitty person". There's also the fact that people nowadays are quick to assume bad things about people, lump people into categories to insult and use against them, or get offended over something that isn't even bad, and pretend that it's bad to the point of demonising them. So sometimes the toxicity might not even be double-sided.
BunilleOct 16, 2021 8:47 AM
Oct 16, 2021 8:54 AM

Nov 2020
I think I am extremely mature in some aspects with respect to my age, but extremely childish in other aspects.
If you ever feel bored and are questioning the meaning of your existence, read deez blogs. Maybe you will find your answers.
Oct 16, 2021 9:19 AM
Jul 2018
The ability to see the world more objectively, to act less emotional and irrational, to understand where the other side is coming from, and such.

@WutIsDis Do you think that kids who are really smart, or prodigies for their age could also be the most immature, or some of the biggest assholes? Since they think they're better than everyone else, but lack the development/experience of someone older. An example could be university students.
removed-userOct 16, 2021 9:35 AM
Oct 16, 2021 9:46 AM

Feb 2018
More often I see people confuse maturity with stoicism.
You are mature only when you are content with your life and have no regrets moving forward. You know what you are, you know what you want to do and you know what your motives are. You know your circumstances and you are in control of your mind. You control your wants and desires. You know to what extent your potential in life is.
You are mature when you know your way. Not wondering aimlessly in life like a NEET. I don't think behavior has much to do with maturity considering that sociopaths and psychopaths exists and can just act to get what they want. So such manipulative people could act like an asshole or a child, but if they know what they are doing to achieve their desire, they are mature in their own sense. That's just my take on being mature.
The world is really big, there is so much to explore. And yet when we come across any coincidences, we tend to think "What a small world".
tsukareruOct 16, 2021 9:51 AM
Oct 16, 2021 9:58 AM

Jun 2016
I am mature because I don't jerk myself off on an anime forum talking about how mature I am

Wait
Oct 16, 2021 10:39 AM
Dragon Idol

May 2017
Mature is not a word I'd use for myself. Though let's be honest, who even is mature. Even the most "mature" person in the world will let go of the brakes and act like a teen when the situation allows for it. Maturity is fake.
Oct 16, 2021 11:14 AM

Jun 2017
Depends, my thing is being able to think for yourself and articulate well. ANd being able to be friends with people of different viewpoints.
My waifu is the most wonderful waifu. Mai Valentine.

More topics from this board

» Is mental illness real?

rian2 - 9 hours ago

11 by LoveYourEyes »»
2 hours ago

» which anime did you watch first, the one you saw when you were just a child?

FruitPunchBaka - Yesterday

24 by Dracowyn »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » is marriage compulsory?

FruitPunchBaka - 2 hours ago

5 by Zarutaku »»
2 hours ago

» What do you think about law enforcement (police) in your country? ( 1 2 )

Sad - Apr 16

53 by Freshell »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » Do you believe in moral facts?

Freshell - May 5

47 by Freshell »»
3 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.