Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Oct 11, 2021 10:20 PM
Oct 2018
This is from a guy that have read the VN, I see no matter how they adapt it won't be any good and here why.
If they decide to adapt extra and unlimited it will create a burnout since combine those two will probably take at least 20-24 ep (this is if they cut corner ) and people will started getting less interesting in the anime since there are not that much happen in the story.
But what I think is the biggest problem is the timing, this is 2021 and the type of story like muv luv have been seen in different media unless it got an anime like 10 years ago then it will be a different story not to mention that the VN community have the smallest fan base compare to LN and and manga so no matter how hype we create it not going to get any impact I mean look at this season chart everywhere and all I see that it at nearly dead last. The only way I see for a VN adaption to get attention that having a good opening episode and like I said muv luv is not something that we haven't seen before.
For now the only way for this adaption to be good enough that they either adapt 1:1 to the VN or a miracle.
Oct 11, 2021 11:18 PM
Feb 2021
Idk man. The first episode was pretty decent for me. It's not the best, but I really am interested in how they intend to fend of an extinction level threat like that.
Oct 12, 2021 1:21 AM
Jun 2021
L
Flint_26 said:
Idk man. The first episode was pretty decent for me. It's not the best, but I really am interested in how they intend to fend of an extinction level threat like that.

Me to bro the 1st episode was pretty decent for me...and actually I like this kind of anime...it's was a good anime...for me I don't care how they adapt it..all I care is the story not the adaption..cuz we need to know the story not the adaption...I'm not trying to get fight in here....it's just my opinion..plss don't get mad..
Oct 12, 2021 1:33 AM

Aug 2021
Idk about that . But I like the first episode very much
Stawberry Milk Supremacy
Oct 12, 2021 1:48 AM
Nov 2019
Flint_26 said:
You say that but you've given it a 5. What's up with that?
Oct 12, 2021 2:23 AM
Feb 2021
powerOfNeo107 said:
Flint_26 said:

All I can say is that was my honest impression of the first episode.
I may rate it higher or lower as the story progresses.
Oct 12, 2021 2:49 AM
Nov 2019
Flint_26 said:
powerOfNeo107 said:

All I can say is that was my honest impression of the first episode.
I may rate it higher or lower as the story progresses.
Fair enough.

I do agree with the OP tho cuz an adaptation of muv luv through just alternative is just a recipe for disaster. How do they intend to make us understand and feel for the characters just by adapting the climax of the series and glossing over the build up and character writing is beyond me.

Lets see where this goes........
Oct 12, 2021 3:55 AM
Jan 2018
Vivy61411 said:
L
Flint_26 said:

Me to bro the 1st episode was pretty decent for me...and actually I like this kind of anime...it's was a good anime...for me I don't care how they adapt it..all I care is the story not the adaption..cuz we need to know the story not the adaption...I'm not trying to get fight in here....it's just my opinion..plss don't get mad..

You care about the story but you don't care that you're not even getting the beginning of it? It's quite literally only adapting the end. Think of it like starting AoT at season 4.
Oct 12, 2021 5:09 AM
Jun 2021
Animaniaig said:
Vivy61411 said:
L

You care about the story but you don't care that you're not even getting the beginning of it? It's quite literally only adapting the end. Think of it like starting AoT at season 4.

It's your fault to think it like starting aot at season 4...not me..why would I compare it to aot..I don't get it why ppl get mad cuz something like this....they work hard to make this anime..if you guys dont want to watch it then don't...drop it easy right...
Oct 12, 2021 5:36 AM

Feb 2014
Vivy61411 said:
Animaniaig said:

It's your fault to think it like starting aot at season 4...not me..why would I compare it to aot..I don't get it why ppl get mad cuz something like this....they work hard to make this anime..if you guys dont want to watch it then don't...drop it easy right...

It's not his fault to think like that, they are quite literally adapting only the end of the Muv Luv story. Alternative is the end of everything, the final hours, we might say. It's really like you begun watching SnK on season 4, or 3 even. You don't have all the build up that happens before, you don't see the characters growing in personality, you just see the end results, without context to how they got there or how they were before everything you're going to see in Alternative.

I'm specially interested to see how they're going to adapt some later parts considering you need to read Extra to understand some things, or how they're going to deal with the death of some characters that will have even less screen time than they alredy had in the VNs all combined.
Oct 12, 2021 6:02 AM

Jul 2014
lol at the anime only’s defending this trash. I’ve said this already but I’ll say this again, a 1 cour adaptation of a third installment is dead on arrival, not to mention they burned the first episode on an anime original. And they got 3 studios to adapt this, all I can say is wow lol.

Death to anime.
Oct 12, 2021 9:51 AM

Jan 2020
OppaiSugoi said:
lol at the anime only’s defending this trash. I’ve said this already but I’ll say this again, a 1 cour adaptation of a third installment is dead on arrival, not to mention they burned the first episode on an anime original. And they got 3 studios to adapt this, all I can say is wow lol.

Death to anime.

3 studios yes, but both Yumeta Company and FLAGSHIP LINE (jointly owned with Avex) are owned by Graphinica. In actuality, its only being animated by Yumeta Company (2D) and Graphinica (CG), while FLAGSHIP LINE is also credited as part of animation production due to âge being owned by Avex Pictures.
Oct 12, 2021 4:55 PM
Feb 2015
OppaiSugoi said:

Death to anime.

While its true that this most likely is 1 cour, i don't think they're animating the entire series. At least i hope they're not. This anime is most likely just to promote Project Mikhail and Project Immortal after all. They may just do it half way and keep the balance to promote Integrate. We already know there'll be a Muv-Luv event on 23 Oct. Maybe we'll get new info on Integrate there.
Oct 13, 2021 11:46 AM

Jul 2017
I actually agree with this title statement. There's just no way for a true anime adaptation of this to work out well, its just a matter of if its at least better than what we are getting now as an adaptation instead. Extra is absolute shit and would barely be anything in anime form since its just a boring lacrosse arc and then short routes for the female characters for different characters, Unlimited would be better but again, nothing that interesting except some elements to get to Alternative. But both Extra and Unlimited are key for Alternative's actual story which is the problem here. It's just a mess overall, if I had to choose a method though, having Extra and Unlimited as quick adaptations to get to Alternative would be preferrable to just skipping directly to Alternative and trying to chaotically add small flashbacks to connect dots with damage already done sadly.
Oct 13, 2021 12:00 PM
Apr 2016
-lazyknight- said:
This is from a guy that have read the VN, I see no matter how they adapt it won't be any good and here why.
If they decide to adapt extra and unlimited it will create a burnout since combine those two will probably take at least 20-24 ep (this is if they cut corner ) and people will started getting less interesting in the anime since there are not that much happen in the story.
But what I think is the biggest problem is the timing, this is 2021 and the type of story like muv luv have been seen in different media unless it got an anime like 10 years ago then it will be a different story not to mention that the VN community have the smallest fan base compare to LN and and manga so no matter how hype we create it not going to get any impact I mean look at this season chart everywhere and all I see that it at nearly dead last. The only way I see for a VN adaption to get attention that having a good opening episode and like I said muv luv is not something that we haven't seen before.
For now the only way for this adaption to be good enough that they either adapt 1:1 to the VN or a miracle.
6-7 episodes Extra (Just Meiya's/Sumika's route - Her building the mansion, some Sol stuff and the lacrosse game ending with the onsen trip), 6-7 episodes unlimited (nothing really happens there, except for the camp, vulcano and the very ending) and then Alternative. It's not that hard
Oct 13, 2021 12:04 PM
Jan 2018
Agree with the title statement as well. There is absolutely no way this can be adapted well. Extra and Unlimited are necessary parts of the story with basically no way to adapt them well currently. This adaptation was doomed from the start but it's far, far worse just starting from Alternative than it would be normally.
Oct 13, 2021 2:06 PM

Aug 2016
theres always a way to adapt things. unfortunatly for you, you are stucked in a timeline were we are getting a butchered adaptation, so blame Sumika for that. but at least we dont have lacrosse.
:v
Oct 13, 2021 2:37 PM

Dec 2012
There was just no way it was going to work without a Muv Luv Extra/Unlimited adaptation
"Only one with the courage
to shoulder the burden
of their own fate can
be called a hero.."

Oct 13, 2021 4:03 PM
Feb 2009
The "Right way" was a 4-6 ep OVA for Extra, a 10-12 ep full season for Unlimited, and then 50+ ep order for Alternative

That was never gonna happen sadly
Oct 13, 2021 4:42 PM
Feb 2015
Lunarhawk said:
The "Right way" was a 4-6 ep OVA for Extra, a 10-12 ep full season for Unlimited, and then 50+ ep order for Alternative

That was never gonna happen sadly

I don't think you never 50+ episodes for MLA though. Cause it's an adaptation, no one's going to do point by point. Even in the manga authored by Age and drawn by Makishima Azusa didn't follow entirely from the game. They even added additional background to the story and gave a better view of things in Alternative.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Muv-Luv Alternative Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 22, 2021

82 by Unkrowned »»
Jul 11, 2023 4:31 AM

» Why fans are OVERREACTING.?

Sandro8604 - Oct 14, 2021

46 by koneroko »»
Dec 27, 2022 4:09 PM

Poll: » Muv-Luv Alternative Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 15, 2021

45 by MoeMoeKyun »»
Nov 16, 2022 7:04 PM

Poll: » Muv-Luv Alternative Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 8, 2021

44 by MoeMoeKyun »»
Nov 16, 2022 6:44 PM

» There is no Muv Luv Alternative anime ( 1 2 )

OppaiSugoi - Oct 13, 2021

63 by ixarising »»
Oct 8, 2022 11:19 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.