Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Sep 23, 2021 2:22 PM
May 2021
There were so many things about this episode that were logically off. There were also moments in this episode that made me scratch my head in confusion (like the miracle crap Hanyuu was talking about).

But I'd be lying if I said this episode didn't at least entertain me in some way. The fight scene between Rika and Satoko was quite a spectacle and the references to previous fragments even in the OG Higurashi was a nice touch. And of course, NO CENSORSHIP.

But like I said earlier, too many things in this episode were illogical and it kind of felt like they were making shit up as they went. 1 more episode to go...
Sep 23, 2021 2:23 PM
Anime Moderator
May 2018
Chargecoulomb said:
Guys.

Onikoroshi hen the new upcoming Manga features K1s Kid apparently. Im dying. Ryu why?

Hes literally writing a story about k1s kids, whats next?
Grandkids.
This is how they will milk Higu until the end of time.

Are you telling me there's gonna be another new manga??
Please just leave Higurashi alone already ffs
Sep 23, 2021 2:23 PM

Dec 2015
All the people being surprised about DBZ fight clearly never read umineko lol

At first was kinda weirded out by them just randomly jumping between fragments, but I guess that could be just explained as reader spicing up the story.
Well we'll see next episode or possibly next season.
Sep 23, 2021 2:30 PM
May 2017
It just dawned on me that unlocking these outifts will eat thousands in the gacha game.
Sep 23, 2021 2:48 PM
May 2021
Oleogm said:
I was gonna go full rage here sayin' how much of this chapter was a lore-breaking from the original higurashi, but tbh, that Naruto battle was just too much.

Also, I know like 1% of umineko world, but I know enough to know that Hyuuga can't, in any existent universe, win against Eau in terms of strengt, even with that blade, but obviously (and the leak says it too) it's gonna happen, so fuck it.

"My dream is going with you to Santa Lucia" says while breaks Satoko's head with a chair.

Just what the fuck was this series for.

Use a fucking spoiler tag mate. Fuck is wrong with you.
Sep 23, 2021 2:51 PM

Jun 2012
POV: You just got accepted into St Lucia

I liked the first half. It was fun watching Satoko and Rika beat the crap out of each other at a lightning fast pace after dancing around doing nothing for the past 10 episodes.

Rika was killed in some novel ways, Rikka getting thrown off the roof followed by a baseball bat headslam was especially creative. And they have balls to show Rikka with a face like that - it's rare for an anime to depict their lead beautiful female character so hideously. And Rika beating Satoko with the chair was hilariously cathartic.

The magical girl crap was beyond retarded. It was funny in how stupid it was, but also disapponting; if they're going to have an over the top climactic battle, make it about blood and gore, not a cheerful lightshow. I haven't watched Marvel films but that is exactly how I imagine the final battles in those films to be.

Well it has me hooked again for the final episode, I'm not sure how they are planning to end it. I am hoping for difficult and decisive actions rather than forgiveness, understanding and lightshow battles. Rika and Satoko talking about making a new big bang makes me wonder if they are going to destroy the entire multiverse... I wouldn't put it past them at this point; anything is possible after seeing Rika flying around raining down giant fireballs of death on Hinamizawa. Remember when Higurashi was a small town psychological horror?
Haunt-botSep 23, 2021 6:23 PM
Shoot first, think never.
Sep 23, 2021 2:53 PM
May 2021
PinkShibaInu said:
- Rika having magical powers (even beyond that of merely looping) means the original Higurashi is pointless because Rika was just hiding her true power level the entire time.
- Both Rika and Satoko are very irredeemable people to the very end, which makes any "tragedy" that ever unfolded to begin with feel like it's no longer tragic. No ounce of empathy for anything that has ever happened.
- NPCs like generic anime boy, green twins, and orange girl are more NPC than ever.
- The direction of everything says Satoko will simply be redeemed in the end, merely because the author said so.
- People saying Episode 14 justifies how boring Sotsu was is rather sad. It's like dangling keys in front of a bunch of babies to suddenly distract them.

I was right to assume even far back during Gou, that any ounce of seriousness this franchise had left was gone. You can argue "WELL THE AUTHOR INTENDS THIS SO IT'S ALL JUSTIFIED" or "WHATEVER THE AUTHOR WRITES CAN NEVER BE JUMPING THE SHARK" however the AUDIENCE is free to disagree with whatever the author writes or intends.

The only thing I learned from this experience is with any ounce of positive reception this show gets, is that ANYONE can truly be a successful writer. Just write anything and anime fans especially will eat it up. To all aspiring future writers out there just look at this mess and see how many people still defend it. If R07 can find even A LITTLE success, anyone can!

How is Rika irredeemable? Because she was selfish and wanted her friend to go to school with her? Please.
Sep 23, 2021 2:57 PM
May 2021
LemonBaskets said:
as much as i want to act like gou-sotsu never existed, the gou manga is going in a pretty good direction. it might be too early to judge, but it's definitely better than the anime so far.

anyways, can't wait next week for it to end with rika and satoko kissing! it's gonna be great.

If next week's episode actually ends like that, I'm dropping this down to a 1/10. There's no way Satoko should be redeemed after this.
Sep 23, 2021 3:01 PM

Oct 2014
I... I'm tired...

This episode reminded me of my time when I first got into Umineko by watching the anime. And at one point it just got stupid.

Am I weird when I find enjoyment in this, as seeing them doing the end so badly that even more people will wake up and start to dislike this.

This is just sad.
Intelligent gets through situations which wise avoids.
Sep 23, 2021 3:03 PM
Jul 2013
This episode was just downright AWFUL.

Okay Rika and Satoko fighting (normal) and the fragment hopping if you're familiar with umineko are okay (even if literally HALF OF THE EPISODE IS LIKE THIS), but then that full-dragonball thing was really.. bad

For the rest, I really can't understand how they'll and in 1 ep. From 6 i gave to this 4, if it will end in a good way maybe I will give it 6 again.

In addition, Satoko shooting in 2 sec Rika is awfully anticlimatic.
Literally 13 episode to wait for this moment and what? *bam* and end.

I also noticed something that isn't really coherent with the story itself, and it's also a problem from gou. Why the hell Rika should doubt about so much regarding the trap? It's true that she's a trap master and it's believable that she actually suspected the box as a trap (if you don't know that she's a looper). I feel that Rika going from totally brainwashed to totally suspicious is a bit forced. But that's mainly fault from gou.
Sep 23, 2021 3:08 PM

Jan 2021
This actually is one of the best fight scenes ever
Just watch anime instead of looking at forums
Sep 23, 2021 3:11 PM
May 2021
Becix said:

Okay Rika and Satoko fighting (normal) and the fragment hopping if you're familiar with umineko are okay (even if literally HALF OF THE EPISODE IS LIKE THIS), but then that full-dragonball thing was really.. bad

For the rest, I really can't understand how they'll and in 1 ep. From 6 i gave to this 4, if it will end in a good way maybe I will give it 6 again.

I also noticed something that isn't really coherent with the story itself, and it's also a problem from gou. Why the hell Rika should doubt about so much regarding the trap? It's true that she's a trap master and it's believable that she actually suspected the box as a trap (if you don't know that she's a looper). I feel that Rika going from totally brainwashed to totally suspicious is a bit forced. But that's mainly fault from gou.

If you like Umineko then you should like the fight scene no? Don't get me wrong, it doesn't fit the Higurashi theme at all, but it was a well animated well choreographed fight scene if anything.
Sep 23, 2021 3:19 PM

Mar 2009
Bitches be crazy.
Sep 23, 2021 3:28 PM

Mar 2019
Eua laying around on her gold bed was priceless.

I play BanG Dream! Girls Band Party

Garupa EN ID: 10759829
Garupa JP ID: 36753163
Sep 23, 2021 3:47 PM
Jul 2013
SkyhighCFC said:

If you like Umineko then you should like the fight scene no? Don't get me wrong, it doesn't fit the Higurashi theme at all, but it was a well animated well choreographed fight scene if anything.

Yeah I liked the animations too

My main problem is that in Umineko action scenes are really coherent with the narration. The thing that most disturbed me was how dragonball-ish this one was, because there is a difference between lambda throwing black holes to bern with a meelee fighting with satoko and rika flying and becoming surrounded by an area and screaming a lot

Another problem I had is with cringy splatter scenes. The scenes in which satoko kills rika with a fork or with a book were awful. I think this is DEEN's fault of making higurashi more known for the splatter crazy scenes than for the actual mystery, since in VN those scenes are much more psychological and less gore. Maybe in 2005 those things really hooked up many people, but old fans have grown up, maybe they want something more. In addition gore in animation is not even popular as it was 15 years ago, so I don't really understand why they did everything so stupidly splattery. It's not a tarantino movie.
BecixSep 23, 2021 3:50 PM
Sep 23, 2021 3:51 PM

Jun 2020
So it really was about studying... lmao
Sep 23, 2021 3:54 PM
Jun 2020
This was such a mistake.
They can't just go, "And they lived happily ever after" with what they did in this episode.

Fuckin' Mortal Combat + Dragonball
Sep 23, 2021 4:05 PM
May 2021
Becix said:
SkyhighCFC said:

Yeah I liked the animations too

My main problem is that in Umineko action scenes are really coherent with the narration. The thing that most disturbed me was how dragonball-ish this one was, because there is a difference between lambda throwing black holes to bern with a meelee fighting with satoko and rika flying and becoming surrounded by an area and screaming a lot

Another problem I had is with cringy splatter scenes. The scenes in which satoko kills rika with a fork or with a book were awful. I think this is DEEN's fault of making higurashi more known for the splatter crazy scenes than for the actual mystery, since in VN those scenes are much more psychological and less gore. Maybe in 2005 those things really hooked up many people, but old fans have grown up, maybe they want something more. In addition gore in animation is not even popular as it was 15 years ago, so I don't really understand why they did everything so stupidly splattery. It's not a tarantino movie.

Fair enough. I can definitely understand your frustration. Personally, the fight was definitely entertaining, but the dialogue in the fight was extremely cringy to me. I get that it was necessary for the plot but seriously? Talking about club games in the middle of a dragonball Z-esque fight?
Sep 23, 2021 4:13 PM

Jun 2012
Becix said:

That actually makes the most sense. Satoko probably could have made up some lie like, she was just assuming, or she saw the original trap, but she immediately gave up the ghost and just shot Rika instead, proving her right.
Sep 23, 2021 4:25 PM

Sep 2016
i knew this show was truly something when satoko lifted something 3 times her own size and lunged it at rika
Sep 23, 2021 4:27 PM

Sep 2016
i'll give the show credit, i will never forget the image of seeing rika bashed in the face with a frying pan.
Sep 23, 2021 4:35 PM
Jul 2018
For this I did not expect.

There was even a fight between Satoko and Rika my god I had never thought that this would happen with a power struggle.
Sep 23, 2021 4:53 PM
Mar 2021
damn, it was like a shounen anime fight scene but changed to shoujo.

The fight scenes really make me feel satisfied, many places are used from the previous series such as basement sonozaki.
This is my best higu anime episode so far i see.

Sep 23, 2021 5:33 PM
Feb 2018
This episode was by far the best of Sotsu.
The first half was pure and brutal gore, and the Satoko and Rika discussion was the cherry on top; The fact both fight during different time loops/fragments makes the message clear.

The second part however, holy. christ.
This fight was the most "What the fuck" moment in the franchise, but it was so absolutelly awesome I couldn't get my eyes off it. Pure testosterone.

I wonder how the series will end now, however. Hopefully not some Deus Ex Machina stuff.
Sep 23, 2021 5:38 PM

Jan 2012
Studying is some srs bsns
My Guitar Covers:
Playlist

I CAN ALWAYS SHOW MY EVERYTHING TO YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUU
Sep 23, 2021 5:47 PM

Sep 2020
Chargecoulomb said:

Sad thing is. Leaker leaked this some time ago. Literally this.
People didnt believe it because of how dumb it is.

Mod Edit: Added spoiler tags; please hide plot details.
Definitely holy shit; that leak really feels like Umineko
and Umineko EP8 epilogue vibes.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 23, 2021 5:48 PM

Mar 2020
I'm torn apart by this episode. It was a terrible Higurashi episode, but a very entertaining episode. If they would only change stuff around a little more and not promote it as Higurashi, that would be a great anime to watch.
Sep 23, 2021 6:03 PM

May 2020
SkyhighCFC said:
Becix said:

Umm.. what?

Well... Umineko might have guns, arm swords, magic Shields, gun towards, longswords, magic snipers, and such.

But Uminekos Battles are mostly people shouting at each other. All the actual fighting is secondary, and is fully based on the red / blue truth system. Even then everything except one singular fight in ep 8 was covered with the red / blue rules.

When ep 5 says stuff like 'physical distance between them doesn't matter anymore' it's mostly like this.

This kind of stuff would have been weird in Umineko too if it had shown up. Even Lambs and Berns battle in ep 8 which is them shoving nonsense at each other makes more sense within the scope of them not needing to follow the red / blue system of Beatos Gameboard.

ChargecoulombSep 23, 2021 6:16 PM
Sep 23, 2021 6:15 PM
Sep 2014
Chargecoulomb said:
JanPri said:
So... How exactly mad are they?

4chns reaction is positive in relative to 2chns. The formers reaction is pretty negative too.

There's a supposed petition going around to de canonize this ep. I haven't seen that yet, maybe it's a Twitter thing.

Do you have like...screenshots or something? Tried going to 2chan but I am unfamiliar with the site and idk how to navigate it. Went to 二次元 but there was only one thread on it with like 3 replies.
Sep 23, 2021 6:41 PM

May 2020
BakaDood said:
Chargecoulomb said:

4chns reaction is positive in relative to 2chns. The formers reaction is pretty negative too.

There's a supposed petition going around to de canonize this ep. I haven't seen that yet, maybe it's a Twitter thing.

Do you have like...screenshots or something? Tried going to 2chan but I am unfamiliar with the site and idk how to navigate it. Went to 二次元 but there was only one thread on it with like 3 replies.

I wish I could give you the 4 or so full threads but they were not archived. so they're lost. The current threads are all there is.

Let me check if someone else archived it or something

What do you mean 5 replies? There's over 600
http://may.2chan.net/b/res/889470182.htm
ChargecoulombSep 23, 2021 6:50 PM
Sep 23, 2021 6:43 PM

Sep 2020
There were some parts that made no sense like satoko is goku by lifting the drum. Rika stabbing Satoko and satoko with the sword on rika and they got magically cured i don't think the witches power can do that.

Also this is what you get for trying so hard and begging to higurashi tie with umineko.

It was bound to have a fight like that it is a fully fledged witch, that gave powers to satoko against a prototype witch that gave powers to rika. You would want a slice of life Sotsu to connect to Umineko (rika and satoko fighthing as a bunch of little girls without getting a sratch any of them) are you crazy?
UltimatMaxSep 23, 2021 6:51 PM
Shiki is the best anime and unique with his style design, you can't change my mind from it
Sep 23, 2021 6:45 PM
Mar 2018
So the fight was pretty entertaining but I honestly stared at it the whole time like wtf is happening? This doesn't feel like higurashi at all... where is the horror? Even though it always had supernatural aspects it wasn't a super power anime... it was a normal human reliving hell over and over the loops were the supernatural not This...

Anyways I can live with it don't like it but live with it... but I hate the fact that they're trying to make it look like rika and sotoko are the same and equally guilty. No fuck that. Rika didn't discover her friend lived through 100 years of hell trying to save her friends finally succeed and try to enjoy one simple dream of attending a fancy school only to get pissed off because she didn't enjoy it and then decide to torture and murder her friend over and over to make her give up her dream... like wtf?

So rika might have wanted sotoko to do something she didn't want to and pushed hard to do it. And she never abandoned sotoko even at the school. Sotoko refused her help over and over. Sotoko could have adamantly refused to go and let rika go but she didn't. These are not equal faults. Sotoko is literally the devil and rika is a little selfish... I have 0 sympathy for sotoko so don't even try to compare them. And now that rika knows she shouldn't suddenly be like oh but we were friends I'll let it go. There cannot be redemption here if there is and a happily ever after it will be the worst possible idiocy I've seen. No one should go this far they should have just cut each other off.

Something else I kept thinking throughout the series. Sotoko keeps trying to break rikas mind and spirit so she won't leave... did she not consider what if she literally broke her mind and she became insane or an invalid... would she want that version of rika?

Also sotoko got slashed in the throat with the sword fragment how was that not fatal?

I'm not at all excited for the conclusion after this. I'll watch it because I have to but... im expecting the worst.
Sep 23, 2021 6:48 PM

Sep 2020
ZENI7H said:

Something else I kept thinking throughout the series. Sotoko keeps trying to break rikas mind and spirit so she won't leave... did she not consider what if she literally broke her mind and she became insane or an invalid... would she want that version of rika?

That's what i think it will happen rika will kill satoko and satoko will vanish turning rika to bern in the future, blaming herself for killing satoko and going insane with guilty till there is no emotion left just insanity just like Bern
Shiki is the best anime and unique with his style design, you can't change my mind from it
Sep 23, 2021 6:53 PM
Mar 2018
UltimatMax said:
ZENI7H said:

That's what i think it will happen rika will kill satoko and satoko will vanish turning rika to bern in the future, blaming herself for killing satoko and going insane with guilty till there is no emotion left just insanity just like Bern

I don't really know much about that series I honestly wish they would have kept them separate, trying to watch a series and finding that you should have watched another series if you want to understand the one you're watching is a little off putting...

But I agree on one thing I do think a fitting and tragic ending would be rika killing sotoko and then losing her mind to madness. That sort of thing would totally vibe with Higurashi even if I was always routing for rika to have some happiness in the end
Sep 23, 2021 6:55 PM

May 2020
ZENI7H said:
UltimatMax said:

I don't really know much about that series I honestly wish they would have kept them separate, trying to watch a series and finding that you should have watched another series if you want to understand the one you're watching is a little off putting...

But I agree on one thing I do think a fitting and tragic ending would be rika killing sotoko and then losing her mind to madness. That sort of thing would totally vibe with Higurashi even if I was always routing for rika to have some happiness in the end

Well this could go in any direction, but I'll keep my faith in the leakers 'theory' for now.
Sep 23, 2021 6:57 PM

Sep 2020
ZENI7H said:
UltimatMax said:

The reason was umineko fans wanted so damn badly the conection between Higurashi and Umineko and Sotsu serves as that bridge. in Umineko there are so damn fights like these. Higurashi was never an anime that had this kinda of fights and was always an anime of psychological, gore and horror. Since this is a bridge between both series i think they putted in this ep a taste of the battles of umineko.

Chargecoulomb said:

Well this could go in any direction, but I'll keep my faith in the leakers 'theory' for now.

If that happens it will ruin higurashi and i will deeply disappointed and forget this was even a sequel to begin with. Either one dies and shows the birth of the witches or both die. Could this also be the the reason that Featherine horn got damaged? And created Hannyu? It's seems to go that way according to the leaker

UltimatMaxSep 23, 2021 7:13 PM
Sep 23, 2021 6:58 PM

May 2020
UltimatMax said:
ZENI7H said:

The reason was umineko fans wanted so damn badly the conection between Higurashi and Umineko and Sotsu serves as that bridge. in Umineko there are so damn fights like these. Higurashi was never an anime that had this kinda of fights and was always an anime of psychological, gore and horror. Since this is a bridge between both series i think they putted in this ep a taste of the battles of umineko.

Uminekos fight scenes are nothing like this. I dunno where people keep getting this from.
Sep 23, 2021 7:03 PM
Mar 2018
UltimatMax said:
ZENI7H said:

Yeah I get that it just... idk really unfortunate in my eyes. I'm not against series like umineko they're fine too... but suddenly adding this to a horror/psychological series just seems so out of place. Like it completely removes the horror vibe. I feel no suspense or horror at all like I did at the end of the originals. And that was what made me love the series. So when u cut that it just leaves a bland retelling of a story we already know with a little twist. And it makes me feel like watching this whole sotoko version arc seem like a complete waste of time. They could have jumped from the first arc to this episode and it would have been the same
Sep 23, 2021 7:13 PM

Jan 2011
god damn funniest shit all week i was losing it questioning Sakoko's super power feat by being able to shot put Rika with a backpack then pick up the giant drum but by the end i like fuck it we shounen now who cares about anything
Sep 23, 2021 7:15 PM

Jan 2020
I just find it funny.

It's a weird mix of emotions for me since I'm happy we're out of the recap suffering but I certainly was not expecting like this. I never imagined A higurashi sotsu fight would end up reminding me of something from dragon ball

I feel weird since I did find it entertaining despite the fact I think it's flawed in terms of writing. Maybe it's because of after all recaps, anything could be entertaining

The constant change in setting and fast pacing fit well with the episode

What a weird episode lmao

Sep 23, 2021 7:15 PM

Jul 2015
What the hell did I just watched!? They’ve ruined Higurashi for me. I already didn’t like all the gore for the sake of gore but now it’s escalated to a level of ridiculousness so grand it’s insulting. The magical girl asspull, the retarded dialog, the fact that this girls seem to be made of rubber.
How can they have lived for so long and still be so stupid? Rika especially. I mean, I already kinda decided that Satoko was nuts and a compete psicopath, but Rika was supposed to still have working brain cells.
I’ve seen people compare it to Umineko and maybe there is the issue. I never liked Umineko. Dropped it halfway because it just wasn’t appealing like Higurashi was.
I miss Deen. I’m just going to stop here and pretend this never happened.
"The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man who lives fully is prepared to die at any time"
Sep 23, 2021 7:17 PM

Sep 2020
Chargecoulomb said:
UltimatMax said:

Uminekos fight scenes are nothing like this. I dunno where people keep getting this from.

Not this type of porpotion yes but the fight scenes are still something this might be to show that umineko fights happen and witchs are overpowered beings. And of course the the strongest of the witch's Featherine just gave her power because she knew something this crazy would happen. While hanyu didn't had this power because the her horn was fragmented only had a little power compared to featherine wich is the her true self.

Cyllan said:
What the hell did I just watched!? They’ve ruined Higurashi for me. I already didn’t like all the gore for the sake of gore but now it’s escalated to a level of ridiculousness so grand it’s insulting. The magical girl asspull, the retarded dialog, the fact that this girls seem to be made of rubber.
How can they have lived for so long and still be so stupid? Rika especially. I mean, I already kinda decided that Satoko was nuts and a compete psicopath, but Rika was supposed to still have working brain cells.
I’ve seen people compare it to Umineko and maybe there is the issue. I never liked Umineko. Dropped it halfway because it just wasn’t appealing like Higurashi was.
Cyllan said:

Watch do you expect that satoko would just have tea party with rika after rika found out that satoko was the one causing all of this fragments worlds and looping. Even after she died multiple times after discovering that of course not. It wouldn't make seanse them just to fight with the swords and just die it would feel like something was missing.
Sep 23, 2021 7:19 PM

Feb 2013
Evangelion 3.0+1.0 did the reality warping fight scene between two unyielding forces better. But I wasn't bored at least. You can skip the first 13 episodes of the season and just watch this.
gedataSep 23, 2021 7:23 PM
Sep 23, 2021 7:22 PM

May 2020
UltimatMax said:
Chargecoulomb said:

Not this type of porpotion yes but the fight scenes are still something this might be to show that umineko fights happen and witchs are overpowered beings. And of course the the strongest of the witch's Featherine just gave her power because she knew something this crazy would happen. While hanyu didn't had this power because the her horn was fragmented only had a little power compared to featherine wich is the her true self.

Umineko has rules for its fights. Although things can go over the top insane. Its still following it's own rules. There are no rules - no limits for the fights we saw this ep.

As I said in a previous post. Umineko is about people shouting about mysteries. With the attacks acting as manifestations of their arguments. What's going on in Sotsu?
Sep 23, 2021 7:24 PM

Sep 2008
this is absolute fucking garbage, the writer threw the towel in. we're witnessing a new trainwreck in the making and I love every second of it.
馬鹿げた倫理 全部ガラクタで
Sep 23, 2021 7:27 PM
May 2021
Chargecoulomb said:
SkyhighCFC said:

Umm.. what?

Well... Umineko might have guns, arm swords, magic Shields, gun towards, longswords, magic snipers, and such.

But Uminekos Battles are mostly people shouting at each other. All the actual fighting is secondary, and is fully based on the red / blue truth system. Even then everything except one singular fight in ep 8 was covered with the red / blue rules.

When ep 5 says stuff like 'physical distance between them doesn't matter anymore' it's mostly like this.

This kind of stuff would have been weird in Umineko too if it had shown up. Even Lambs and Berns battle in ep 8 which is them shoving nonsense at each other makes more sense within the scope of them not needing to follow the red / blue system of Beatos Gameboard.

If Umineko got a proper anime adaptation, I would not be surprised if they did a fight scene like this.
Sep 23, 2021 7:28 PM

Sep 2020
Chargecoulomb said:
UltimatMax said:

Umineko has rules for its fights. Although things can go over the top insane. Its still following it's own rules. There are no rules - no limits for the fights we saw this ep.

As I said in a previous post. Umineko is about people shouting about mysteries. With the attacks acting as manifestations of their arguments. What's going on in Sotsu?

Yes this is too much. I think this is what is going to link Umineko and Higurashi and also this has to be Featherine being Featherine just giving powers to the most frostrated, angry, and envious child so that he could see the despair and deaths over and over for own entertainment.
Sep 23, 2021 7:28 PM

May 2020
SkyhighCFC said:
Chargecoulomb said:

Umm.. what?

If Umineko got a proper anime adaptation, I would not be surprised if they did a fight scene like this.

Only the ep 8 fight scenes are like this. We've got a loooonnnng way to go then
Sep 23, 2021 7:32 PM
May 2011
It feels painful to read umineko being dragged through the mud like this by constantly being superficially compared to this travesty.
Higurashi has already been massacred, please spare umineko at least.

No, we dont need the wtc universe to be connected. The stories stand on their own and any references and connections were merely superficial which have no wheight or relevance to their respective stories and their themes at all. And it was good like that.

This has no reason to exist other than to keep wtc on life support to sell more gacha and merchandise. I truly pray that the next episode will finally be the last and that umineko will be left alone. Its commercial failure is actually its saving grace at this point, I hope higher ups dont greenlight anything for it.
Sep 23, 2021 7:57 PM

May 2020
Chargecoulomb said:
Chargecoulomb said:
Guys.

Onikoroshi hen the new upcoming Manga features K1s Kid apparently. Im dying. Ryu why?

Hes literally writing a story about k1s kids, whats next?
Grandkids.
This is how they will milk Higu until the end of time.

Whoa whoa. Ill just add that this being K1s kid is not confirmed yet. It could easily be k1 with a male Rena.

For God's sake it literally says that it takes 35 years after the OG how the heck did I miss it
This being K1s kid is all but confirmed. The other dude is probably Rena's kid with whoever she married.
Pages (8) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Sotsu Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 30, 2021

412 by Drinzen »»
Feb 22, 4:37 AM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Sotsu Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 16, 2021

215 by Drinzen »»
Feb 22, 4:03 AM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Sotsu Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 12, 2021

159 by Drinzen »»
Feb 22, 3:18 AM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Sotsu Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 5, 2021

121 by Drinzen »»
Feb 22, 3:05 AM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Sotsu Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 15, 2021

124 by xxdaisiesxx »»
Jan 17, 1:44 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.