Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Sep 19, 2021 1:47 PM

Jun 2020
Legit. I have fallen asleep while watching this anime. Primarily the dialogue that is hindering everything about this show. Character interactions have no depth due to dialogue. Comedy falls short due dialogue. World building and the building up of the mystery falls really short due to dialogue. Other factors hindering this show is how there is no gravitas to the situation, the fact that it creates way too many questions and not enough time to answer all these questions if it 5 more episode. The only saving grace about this animation is it stellar animation, which I have to give props. I don't know how it got the budget for this.

TL;DR; This not a hidden gem show unlike Odd Taxi or Megalo Box 2, in my opinion, it is just a regular show with stellar animation.
Sep 19, 2021 2:00 PM

Jun 2020
Finku_ said:
Hey man, pro tip, no one cares

If its not for you, move along

Thanks for that pro tip. I never knew I could move on with my life, if it's not for me.

Here's a pro tip for you, if you don't like a show you have the right to voice your opinion with valid criticisms, and then move along.
Sep 19, 2021 2:03 PM

Aug 2013
_Lyborick_ said:
Finku_ said:
Hey man, pro tip, no one cares

If its not for you, move along

Thanks for that pro tip. I never knew I could move on with my life, if it's not for me.

Here's a pro tip for you, if you don't like a show you have the right to voice your opinion with valid criticisms, and then move along.
Yeah I deleted the post because I came in too hot, but not liking a show isn't a unique take, I'm just tired of seeing half the threads in any given show being "I DoN't LikE ThiS"

Basically, no, you're obviously not the only one, but why post it in a forum where fans will obviously be the majority

Anyways, carry on
Sep 19, 2021 2:03 PM

Nov 2016
There's frankly not much particularly good about this show aside from the style and atmosphere which are actually enough to carry for now. Dunno if I will be able to say the same towards the end when it's time to wrap up everything in a satisfying fashion, tho.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Sep 19, 2021 2:09 PM

Jun 2020
Finku_ said:
_Lyborick_ said:

Yeah I deleted the post because I came in too hot, but not liking a show isn't a unique take, I'm just tired of seeing half the threads in any given show being "I DoN't LikE ThiS"

Anyways, carry on

But, you should, also, not be okay with people who go post threads sharing their thoughts about how "ThIs iS A mAsTeRpIeCe." People should be able to share there opinion with valid criticisms and move on with their lives. The people reading the thread has the right to ignore, respond back to criticisms, or even respond sarcastically.
Sep 19, 2021 2:11 PM

Aug 2013
_Lyborick_ said:
Finku_ said:

Anyways, carry on

But, you should, also, not be okay with people who go post threads sharing their thoughts about how "ThIs iS A mAsTeRpIeCe." People should be able to share there opinion with valid criticisms and move on with their lives. The people reading the thread has the right to ignore, respond back to criticisms, or even respond sarcastically.
I don't like circle jerks either, so yes I'm consistent lol anyways, no harsh feelings , carry on brother
Sep 19, 2021 2:14 PM

May 2021
I think that this is an easy going anime, so I wouldnt look for anything past the normal messages. I don't find the character interactions shallow to be honest, but it is clearly not a dialogue anime. They use a lot of non verbal visuals and silences to showcase the statement of each of them, and they can because the anime does a good job expressing the sentiment through the face and body expressions. As of now the production is enough to make it enjoyable too, and I wouldnt be so worried with the time, it all depends on how they tie the conflict of the Goblins honestly

Sep 19, 2021 2:32 PM
Nov 2020
It's a discount yona of the dawn and it has been since the very beginning. The animation is carrying this show atm
Sep 19, 2021 2:34 PM

Nov 2017
daz15314 said:
It's a discount yona of the dawn and it has been since the very beginning. The animation is carrying this show atm

"discount" lmfao. Now I gotta watch it.
"he has it big as a cactus
but he won't let go of my head
and I puke on his cock bitch" - Boy by Fishball 
Sep 19, 2021 2:38 PM
Nov 2020
MacchiaStella said:
daz15314 said:

"discount" lmfao. Now I gotta watch it.
it's not bad by any means but the characters are the main difference between the two. The animation is better tho tbf.
Sep 19, 2021 3:32 PM

Oct 2018
The pirate version of Yona of the Dawn expect for goofy male boys (boys in Yona of the Dawn is much better). The story is still average but I hope this will improve, or else this will be another type of Demon Slayer or JJK anime.

“Once you've been loved once and have loved once, you cannot forget it.”
― Natsume Takashi
Sep 19, 2021 5:13 PM
Jul 2019
I find it just ok and I don't think I'll remember much of it when it finishes.

Sep 19, 2021 5:31 PM
Jan 2021
I thought the story was pretty good and every character is so unique from their design to personality. But don't worry man it's not like everyone can like the same thing, it's all about taste and preference
Sep 19, 2021 5:41 PM
Feb 2021
mo you are not, only memorable thing in this anime is animation and character design (
Sep 19, 2021 6:58 PM
Dec 2020
Yes only you..so go get a life
Sep 19, 2021 11:25 PM
May 2020
Honestly speaking, this anime is, so far, kinda mid. But the concept is pretty cool. I'm prolly gonna stick around to see if the show actually gets better.
Sep 20, 2021 1:20 AM

May 2020
_Lyborick_ said:
Legit. I have fallen asleep while watching this anime. Primarily the dialogue that is hindering everything about this show. Character interactions have no depth due to dialogue. Comedy falls short due dialogue. World building and the building up of the mystery falls really short due to dialogue. Other factors hindering this show is how there is no gravitas to the situation, the fact that it creates way too many questions and not enough time to answer all these questions if it 5 more episode. The only saving grace about this animation is it stellar animation, which I have to give props. I don't know how it got the budget for this.

TL;DR; This not a hidden gem show unlike Odd Taxi or Megalo Box 2, in my opinion, it is just a regular show with stellar animation.

No you are not alone , there are atleast 1000 people who have either dropped it or rated it below 5 so yes u are not alone and also I'm not among them since I have yet to start this series , I would rather have the forum title as
"what do you like about this anime which I am not able to feel or like? "

You are not alone even if your opinion for let's say Attack on Titan is 3/10 , there are atleast 5k people with same opinion as you on MAl atleast
I don't hate people who make new forum threads to ask people for their opinion on why they like this anime but I do not like titles like this (ノ*0*)ノ
Sep 20, 2021 2:13 AM

Jun 2019
BIIIGPP6969 said:
Honestly speaking, this anime is, so far, kinda mid. But the concept is pretty cool. I'm prolly gonna stick around to see if the show actually gets better.

I don't consider the dialogue, characterization or execution of emotional or dramatic tension-wrought scenes or action or any one thing to be particularly incredible so far (at all really), but it's what is said here. For me, the premise alone is worth it. There are hardly any anime that I know of which involve actual pirates of the traditional, 1700s, Caribbean variety searching for fabled historical relics, lost treasure, etc. clashing with the British navy or eastern warriors, etc. It also helps that the animation is pretty stellar for its art style and suits the content of the show.

I remember responding in a MAL thread topic some time in what I think was well over a year ago about what are some subjects you would like to see more of in anime and I named the historical pirates as we know of them in conventional Western history and storytelling/lore (as opposed to "space pirates" like in Cowboy Bebop/Bodacious Space Pirates or modern-day piracy a la the real world Somali groups which is something closer to what's featured in Black Lagoon). This is probably the closest anime to that excluding some adaptations of Treasure Island in the past 50+ years.

Sep 20, 2021 2:23 AM
May 2020
WatchTillTandava said:
BIIIGPP6969 said:

I don't consider the dialogue, characterization or execution of emotional or dramatic tension-wrought scenes or action or any one thing to be particularly incredible so far (at all really), but it's what is said here. For me, the premise alone is worth it. There are hardly any anime that I know of which involve actual pirates of the traditional, 1700s, Caribbean variety searching for fabled historical relics, lost treasure, etc. clashing with the British navy or eastern warriors, etc. It also helps that the animation is pretty stellar for its art style and suits the content of the show.

I remember responding in a MAL thread topic some time in what I think was well over a year ago about what are some subjects you would like to see more of in anime and I named the historical pirates as we know of them in conventional Western history and storytelling/lore (as opposed to "space pirates" like in Cowboy Bebop/Bodacious Space Pirates or modern-day piracy a la the real world Somali groups which is something closer to what's featured in Black Lagoon). This is probably the closest anime to that excluding some adaptations of Treasure Island in the past 50+ years.

So, summing it up, You got what you wanted. Good for u.
Sep 20, 2021 2:43 AM

Apr 2020
Yes, maybe only you and people who feel the same. so nah.. hmm.
Sep 20, 2021 2:54 AM

Jun 2019
BIIIGPP6969 said:
So, summing it up, You got what you wanted. Good for u.

Basically - just explaining why, in line with the thread topic.

It's still too early, of course, to say what the ultimate quality of this series will prove to be in the end.
Sep 20, 2021 3:12 AM

Aug 2017
this is literally the best crunchyroll original so far
i have full trust on the director that it will end in a very satsifying way
Sep 22, 2021 1:21 AM

Jan 2013
I only watch this series to finish it, to be honest. The animation, characters and locations look great, but the plot is meh. The 'comedy' bits are bad. It's also too 'otome game' for me.
Dec 15, 2021 7:37 AM

Oct 2008
I liked the show, not as much as I hoped, but I still did. My two issues with the show are, one Fena was underwhelming and while great, the action was not enough.
May 8, 2022 7:30 PM
Jun 2020
_Lyborick_ said:
Finku_ said:

Anyways, carry on

Wouldn't it make more sense to spend (even more) time writing about a show you actually enjoyed though? Ya know, instead of allocating even more time on a show you didn't even like in the first place. Idk. Im sorta with the first guy who responded, just surprises me when people want to casually talk about a show they didn't even like.
May 10, 2022 12:08 AM

Oct 2018
Yes, you are the only one.
May 22, 2022 8:34 PM
Oct 2017
Also fell asleep a few times. My problem is everything about it feels like I should like it, everything feels good. But I just can't care about it.

Breaking down why and how the show is structured it mostly reminds me of a classic 2000's adventure anime with its pace, tone, and largely characters. Not that that's a bad thing. But possibly because of this it lacks thematic depth and only drives itself forward without taking much time to breath or revisit past episodes- always a new location and event without prior context playing much of a part.

To unpack the problems I have with it probly starts with how untraditionally anime most of the directing is, it feels more like Disney's Treasure Island that Ghibli Castle In The Sky, which could be a large part of why people like it (its a more familiar style). But that doesn't work well with the supporting cast (and to a large extent Fena's situation) which is that of a shoujo harem- the main girl surrounded day and night by a group of potential suitors. And for an adventure show that bi-shounen harem doesn't quite fit. We also don't spend much time with most the supporting cast as the show goes on, being plot based over character based.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kaizoku Oujo Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

LastLuminescence - Oct 23, 2021

153 by RioAl »»
7 hours ago

Poll: » Kaizoku Oujo Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Aug 14, 2021

84 by SwediCandy »»
Feb 9, 8:13 AM

Poll: » Kaizoku Oujo Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Aug 28, 2021

55 by PatrickJaneFan »»
Jan 15, 12:59 PM

Poll: » Kaizoku Oujo Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Oct 2, 2021

60 by Kami_Willis »»
Apr 30, 2023 4:38 PM

Poll: » Kaizoku Oujo Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

MadanielFL - Sep 18, 2021

63 by nameofuser_ »»
Mar 14, 2023 8:24 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.