Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]
Sep 22, 2021 1:45 PM

Oct 2016
Here I was, convinced Rika put together that Satoko was the looper by recognizing how the horrible loops stopped after she started listening to Satoko and based on the suspicious stuff Satoko said (ex: "I believe your bad dreams will stop now"). I thought Rika changed the bear out on purpose to try and catch Satoko. That Rika said all that stuff about "loving Hinamizawa" to make Satoko drop her guard. The whole scene in Gou was set up in a way to imply that Rika purposefully switched out the trap for the bear to trick Satoko into revealing herself.

But nope, Rika was 100% clueless and on board with the loop until Satoko just happened to react to the box. It was a "miracle" aka Rika did nothing and was fed the answer. It was pure happenstance Rika managed to figure out Satoko was the looper.

For all Satoko's flaws, at least she actively tries to change her loops instead of just... letting things happen and hope things change on their own. Rika did not actively seek out or figure out the answer to the second looper. The answer was simply dropped on her lap. This is pretty bad writing, imo.

Not to mention it is character regression in Rika. The end of the OG series was Rika learning that she can't just expect miracles to happen and that she has to work for her miracle. Now, her miracle happens with her doing nothing.

Also, Rika not finding out on her own just makes her appear very stupid. Satoko's multiple strange lines, the strange looks she gave Rika, and the way the loops stopped when Rika started obeying Satoko, with Satoko basically even saying at one point: "Because you listened to what I said about the curse, the bad dreams will stop." The fact Rika, a person with over a hundred years of experience, can't figure something like that out is just silly.

Imagine if this is indeed the backstory of Bernkastel...
Bernkastel: I was trapped in a logic error for centuries.
Person: Wow! That must have been difficult to get out of.
Bernkastel: Actually it was super easy, barely an inconvenience. I literally did nothing and had all the answers and tools I needed to get out handed to me.
Sep 23, 2021 1:04 AM

Sep 2017
VidiaPhoenix said:

Not to mention it is character regression in Rika. The end of the OG series was Rika learning that she can't just expect miracles to happen and that she has to work for her miracle. Now, her miracle happens with her doing nothing.

Also, Rika not finding out on her own just makes her appear very stupid. Satoko's multiple strange lines, the strange looks she gave Rika, and the way the loops stopped when Rika started obeying Satoko, with Satoko basically even saying at one point: "Because you listened to what I said about the curse, the bad dreams will stop." The fact Rika, a person with over a hundred years of experience, can't figure something like that out is just silly.

At this point it feels like Ryukishi's goal is to make fun of his fanbase or something.

I can't take this seriously, it's like this was written by a fan who has watched the original 10 years ago and forgot about all the details.
Sep 23, 2021 3:09 AM

May 2020
Now think why the Genius IQ Satoko didn't pretend that she was getting a memory leak like the rest of the club members were?

She could have easily explained the box reaction as that. Why didn't she?

Both Satoko and Rika and idiots, because the plot can't move forwards if everyone didn't have the brain capacity of an mouse, and that's an insult to mice!

The moment you apply any semblance of common sense to SotsuGou it collapses in on itself with the elegance and nuance of a wet tissue
Sep 23, 2021 4:40 AM

Sep 2017
Chargecoulomb said:
Now think why the Genius IQ Satoko didn't pretend that she was getting a memory leak like the rest of the club members were?

Both Satoko and Rika and idiots, because the plot can't move forwards if everyone didn't have the brain capacity of an mouse, and that's an insult to mice!

The moment you apply any semblance of common sense to SotsuGou it collapses in on itself with the elegance and nuance of a wet tissue

Satoko having that reaction is stupid in itself, unless I'm forgetting something
Sep 23, 2021 4:44 AM
Apr 2021
Manu_0 said:
Chargecoulomb said:

Satoko having that reaction is stupid in itself, unless I'm forgetting something

Death: pokerface
Suicide: pokerface
Akane with katana: pokerface
Some little box with a boxing glove that didn't even hurt: OH MY GOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!!!!!

Yeah, tell me about weird choices
Sep 23, 2021 4:47 AM

Sep 2017
Si1verR0se said:
Manu_0 said:

Death: pokerface
Suicide: pokerface
Akane with katana: pokerface
Some little box with a boxing glove that didn't even hurt: OH MY GOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!!!!!

Yeah, tell me about weird choices

Yep, makes no sense but it's okay because Eua just made a Ciconia reference, praise the show guys, praise it!
Sep 23, 2021 11:10 AM
Jun 2020
ssjokg said:
Chargecoulomb said:

Youve probably already seen it. The theory seems to be fairly popular.

Heck some guy even went to the trouble of typing a mainfesto;
https://www.docdroid.net/kyyCipd/the-hanyuu-eua-ai-theory-v2-pdf

Imo its more or less nonsense, but who knows even Shakanontrice started out as a crack theory.
I always believed that the pony theory was more of a crack theory, than Shakanontrice but anyway.

I just hope that Ciconia isnt supposed to explain the meta world and that Witches are actually AIs from the future/AU or that Higu and Umi are just simulations.

Honestly this virtual simulation theory just seems like how they introduced the gameboard/fragment and witches concepts in Umineko, but with a different explanation. I get Ryukishi07 is trying to tie all his works together into one huge metaverse, but it just seems to be to herculean of a task for him to accomplish properly.

At this point Ryukishi is just pulling every meta ending and multiverse explanation out of the book. Those are already pretty controversial when you do them once in a franchise, but having these kinds of endings and explanations for what goes on in the story makes it very difficult to relate to the characters and makes it confusing to follow as well.

If I had to give some advice to him, I'd tell him to find a way to end the When They Cry franchise. Let's face it, he's only getting more and more grandiose and extravagant with every entry and we don't see any signs that we're wrapping things up anytime soon. Hell, he hasn't even formally connected Higu and Umi together, despite the obvious fact that he plans to do that, and after that momentously arduous task, he'll have to find a way to tie that convoluted metaverse with Ciconia.

I just don't see him ending the WTC franchise without having lots of plot holes by the end. The reason why Higurashi was so popular was because it was an original story that didn't need to be limited by lots of complicated rules. The opportunities were endless to the amount of things he could do, but now no new viewers are going to want to read all the previous hundreds of hours of content in order to be able to watch and enjoy Sotsu.

He needs to start fresh and make something new that doesn't have to do with fragments, or Umineko, Ciconia, or Higurashi. Everything is just so convoluted, predictable, and limited in terms or opportunities right now.
"Anywhere Can Be A Paradise As Long As You Have The Will To Live." — Yui Ikari
"Mankind's Greatest Fear Is Mankind Itself." — Gendo Ikari
Sep 25, 2021 10:11 PM

Jul 2008
Gar_Logan said:
Took 13 eps to reach the S1 cliffhanger.

My thoughts exactly.....season 2 (4?) finally starts now.
Sep 26, 2021 10:33 AM

Mar 2010
ROFL miracle???? This is more a battle of PTSD HAHAHA

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Oct 4, 2021 8:12 PM

Oct 2016
Finally... I mean FINALLY!!

It's catching up to the yellow box scene.
Oct 18, 2021 3:31 PM
Jul 2013
I will just point out Satoko ass pulled that gun at the end.
Dec 27, 2021 6:01 PM

Nov 2010
Lots of sexy armpits this episode. hehe

Hanyuu despite being a loli is so bountiful!

The censorship was annoying this ep. tsk
Jan 21, 2023 6:04 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
a miracle? a new awakening! kekeke
Jan 31, 2023 8:29 AM

Apr 2013
Again not really a lot of new information, mostly just scenes we already saw in Gou.
Dec 15, 2023 7:35 PM

Jan 2020
Man I just love inconsistent censorship, reused scenes, flanderization. I SURE LOVE HIGURASHI NO NAKU KORO NI SOTSU. I WANT TO PUKE NOW.
MOKUSHI KUSHIMO SHIMOKU KUMOSHI MOSHIKU SHIKUMO.
Feb 22, 4:03 AM

Dec 2018
Love how they suddenly censored that scene where her intestines got ripped removing all impact from said scene, I love the re-use of scenes, aboslutley amazing, wow this series for sure did not dissapoint me wow

Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Sotsu Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 30, 2021

412 by Drinzen »»
Feb 22, 4:37 AM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Sotsu Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 23, 2021

395 by Drinzen »»
Feb 22, 4:12 AM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Sotsu Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 12, 2021

159 by Drinzen »»
Feb 22, 3:18 AM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Sotsu Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 5, 2021

121 by Drinzen »»
Feb 22, 3:05 AM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Sotsu Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 15, 2021

124 by xxdaisiesxx »»
Jan 17, 1:44 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.