Forum Settings
Forums

Who do yall think is the best protagonist in the history of movies? (including both animation and live action)

New
Sep 12, 2021 1:57 AM

Jun 2020
If you ask me about my favorite protagonist in any show (both animated and live action) or manga, I would easily be able to name them. However, in terms of movies, we don't really spend as much time as we would with the protagonists in a show/manga/book series.

If I have to say who I think are the best movie protagonists, I would probably name
- K (blade runner 2049)
- Don Vito (Godfather series)
- Andrew (whiplash)
- Adonis (creed)
- Shouya (a silent voice)
- Kiki (kiki's delivery service)
- Shizuku (whisper of the heart)

Do yall have any more characters in mind?
PastadudSep 25, 2021 10:43 AM
Sep 12, 2021 2:09 AM
Aug 2021
TV series:
Walter white (Breaking bad, best character in all of media)
Tyrion lannister (GoT s1-4)
Eddard stark (GoT)

Anime/manga:
Light Yagami (death note)

Movies:
Michael Corleone (godfather 1 and 2)
Vito Corleone (godfather)
Tyler Durder (Fight club)
Forrest Gump

Kot_SchlyopaSep 12, 2021 2:26 AM
Sep 12, 2021 2:17 AM

Jun 2020
Oh yea Forrest Gump is also valid

Intrigued that you said Walter was the best character of all time tho ngl, but take this with a grain of salt since I haven't finished breaking bad 💀
I probably would say joker from TDK is who I think is the best character of all time imo
Sep 12, 2021 2:21 AM
Aug 2021
Pastadud said:
Oh yea Forrest Gump is also valid

Intrigued that you said Walter was the best character of all time tho ngl, but take this with a grain of salt since I haven't finished breaking bad 💀
I probably would say joker from TDK is who I think is the best character of all time imo

His character development is the only one that I enjoyed apart from Michael Corleone. In season 5 (and throughout the show), his character development is insane. Sort of what people were expecting from Eren Jaeger.
Sep 12, 2021 6:16 AM

Jul 2019
Best protagonist in movie? I guess i'll go with MJ (Space Jam)
If anime, maybe Willem from SukaSuka

This's my profile
This's my anime list
This's my reviews
🌸Would you be my friend?. I'd love to have an online friend.🌸
Sep 12, 2021 7:15 AM
Laika Moonlight

Dec 2020
The Doctor from Doctor Who. Since it had a TV movie and a theatrically released feature-length episode, he/she totally counts, right?
My greatest contribution to this website:
Sep 12, 2021 8:46 AM

Feb 2021
i don't watch much films so my answer is going to be forrest gump, he's the only mc who's name i remember other than kateness everdeen because my brother really like hunger games, if we count anime too than shoya from a silent voice, but characters in movies tend not to be as endearing to watch as in tv serie because you have less time to do everything inanime generally at least they adapt only short stories into movies except with few exceptions like kara no kyoukai rather than in westrn media in which there are sequels for almost everything
Sep 12, 2021 1:17 PM

Mar 2016
For Movies I really like Patrick Bateman.

just wanna feel wanted by someone other than the police 😫
Sep 12, 2021 8:01 PM

Dec 2016
There's really no answer to this question.
Sep 13, 2021 12:56 AM

Jun 2020
I guess we all do have our own opinions so I get where you're coming from

Sep 24, 2021 5:05 AM

Feb 2019
Movies:
- Oskar Schindler (Schindler's List)
- Derek Vinyard (American History X)
- Don Vito Corleone (The Godfather)

TV Series:
- Rust Cohle (True Detective)
- Walter White & Jesse Pinkman (Breaking Bad)
Sep 24, 2021 12:29 PM

Jun 2017
James Bond. Martinis, hot girls, guns, cool gadgets. It's a man's dream.
My waifu is the most wonderful waifu. Mai Valentine.
Sep 24, 2021 12:47 PM

Oct 2015
Unpopular opinion, Jimmy McGill/Saul Goodman is absolutely a better protagonist than Walter White. Walter is enjoyable to watch because he's extremely cunning and messed up on the head. But Jimmy is a lot more sympathizable and humanizing lead, even the little things he does all look like they're the result of an underlying reality of his character that has been forming throughout his life ever since the more sleazy Slippin' Jimmy times clashing with his desire to be recognized as someone who's not "trash" in the eyes of society, but with resignation by virtue of the fact that he won't be able to achieve by playing by the rules.
Sep 24, 2021 2:25 PM

Dec 2015
For movies:
Maximus (Gladiator)
Magik - Magician (Jesteś Bogiem - You are God)
Henry V (The King)

For Tv Series:
Spartacus (Spartacus series)
An-Jun-Ho (D.P.)

Anime/Manga
Ichigo (Bleach)
Violet (Violet Evergarden)
Sep 24, 2021 2:56 PM

Apr 2015
I don't struggle naming movie protagonists I liked. I have liked also characters from stand alone movies, but maybe I have different criterias for liking characters or finding them relatable?

Ash J williams - his character growth through out all three films is entertraining. Maybe sounds also weird but he is relatable in same way Donald Duck is. You mostly just see flaws, life seems to hate him and he certainly acts like a douche from time to time. But there are still moments where you see he isn't just an asshole and that he at least tries despite not wanting any part of his role. TV show/comics also go more into showing his, hm emotional side. Which I think is neat, since at the end this is comedic franchise not to be taken seriously.

Ellen Ripley - usually people remember her for being badass and kicking aliens butt. However we get to see her other sides too, like how she's a mother and has motherly side.

Laurie Strode - oh man I certainly have heavy bias on this. Because from first movie we get a teenager who is screaming for her life while trying to survive. Fast forward to latest movie we find this elderly woman who is a bit alcoholic and seems paranoid. But we also get a woman who is all prepared to catch her "mortal enemy", and for a reason.

Annie Graham - the emotional struggle she goes through is really heavy. This character also embodies many dark aspects of motherhood.

Jennifer Hills - she is one of my favorite protagonist turned into villain.

Those are just some I like and only sticking to horror for this.
konkeloSep 24, 2021 3:11 PM
Sep 24, 2021 10:11 PM

Jun 2020
konkelo said:
I don't struggle naming movie protagonists I liked. I have liked also characters from stand alone movies, but maybe I have different criterias for liking characters or finding them relatable?

Ash J williams - his character growth through out all three films is entertraining. Maybe sounds also weird but he is relatable in same way Donald Duck is. You mostly just see flaws, life seems to hate him and he certainly acts like a douche from time to time. But there are still moments where you see he isn't just an asshole and that he at least tries despite not wanting any part of his role. TV show/comics also go more into showing his, hm emotional side. Which I think is neat, since at the end this is comedic franchise not to be taken seriously.

Ellen Ripley - usually people remember her for being badass and kicking aliens butt. However we get to see her other sides too, like how she's a mother and has motherly side.

Laurie Strode - oh man I certainly have heavy bias on this. Because from first movie we get a teenager who is screaming for her life while trying to survive. Fast forward to latest movie we find this elderly woman who is a bit alcoholic and seems paranoid. But we also get a woman who is all prepared to catch her "mortal enemy", and for a reason.

Annie Graham - the emotional struggle she goes through is really heavy. This character also embodies many dark aspects of motherhood.

Jennifer Hills - she is one of my favorite protagonist turned into villain.

Those are just some I like and only sticking to horror for this.

Ahhh now i realize why it makes sense on why you didn't have a hard time naming them, it's cause most of the movies you mentioned were old movies and i haven't really watched a lot of them ☠️ (besides annie from hereditary). I mostly watch movies from the 2010s and stuff so i guess that makes sense

It's odd too cause hereditary is probably my favorite horror movie of all time but i never really thought of her as the protagonist and thought peter was the protag instead, so i guess that's why it didn't cross my mind

More topics from this board

» Currently listening to ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsukareru - Mar 29, 2021

7586 by juanlqr »»
1 hour ago

» hardcore/skramz/emo/metalcore/post-hardcore/post-metal/blackened/crust

bloodecho - Feb 14

31 by Mattenan »»
7 hours ago

» Anime songs in your playlist

bevarnow - Mar 11

3 by Theo1899 »»
8 hours ago

» What was the last song you listened to? ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Death - Oct 1, 2020

3384 by NiaAlexandria »»
9 hours ago

» What's your favorite song?

DollzchanAi - Apr 18

11 by Toooooooooohru »»
11 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.