Forum Settings
Forums
APOSIMZ
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 25, 2021 2:15 AM

Mar 2018
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
What just happened? Did the series got cut? It was setting up to a grand last battle,
and it jumps to the "and the world didn't get destroyed, the end".
Aug 25, 2021 1:26 PM
Jul 2014
Amonimus said:
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
What just happened? Did the series got cut? It was setting up to a grand last battle,
and it jumps to the "and the world didn't get destroyed, the end".
Seriously? Nobody made it? Fucking fuckshit fucker.
Aug 25, 2021 6:21 PM
Dec 2017
someone need to explain
Aug 25, 2021 11:26 PM
Jul 2020
Arfilmrator said:
someone need to explain

Titania explained that they can be materialized into the surface so they all survived after the emperor's defeat
Aug 26, 2021 12:10 PM

Sep 2008
that was certainly my least favorite nihei manga.
馬鹿げた倫理 全部ガラクタで
Aug 26, 2021 1:58 PM

Mar 2012
nyugvo6 said:
I thought it had so much potential just 10 chapters ago... Oof
Sep 29, 2021 1:23 PM

Jan 2012
We had a lot of build up on some parts but then we got this rushed ending. I feel like he always kind of rushes the ending of his stories, Biomega and Blame had some very fast developments on the last few chapters too.
Aug 19, 2022 11:08 AM
Feb 2018
Titania was evil from oneshot, I had red in middle of the series because she seems sketchy oneshot is prequel to this so read it before reading last 4 chapters
Last for 4 chapters 8/10
Oct 18, 2022 11:02 AM
Oct 2015
SparkleDuck said:
nyugvo6 said:
I thought it had so much potential just 10 chapters ago... Oof

it was clearly axed imo

SliverDio said:
Titania was evil from oneshot, I had red in middle of the series because she seems sketchy oneshot is prequel to this so read it before reading last 4 chapters
Last for 4 chapters 8/10

yeah the forshadowing was that she was evil as well. imo i think that they should have focused a lot more on the surface world, i was very interested in the technology or even the backstory of the frame, like wtf is placenta, or the haige particles like how the technology and world developed on the surface, I don't give a shit about the core tbh, it seems like a rip off of most virtual world stuff.

sad the series devolved this way, the first few chapters were amazing, it felt like I was reading a warframe manga.
regular froms and their back stories reminded me of individual warframes.
Neostorm-XOct 18, 2022 11:43 AM
Oct 18, 2022 11:43 AM
Oct 2015
nyugvo6 said:

it was my favorite for the first 20 or so chapters, I was really disapointed in the directioin it went.
Oct 18, 2022 12:38 PM

Sep 2008
Neostorm-X said:

yeah the forshadowing was that she was evil as well. imo i think that they should have focused a lot more on the surface world, i was very interested in the technology or even the backstory of the frame, like wtf is placenta, or the haige particles like how the technology and world developed on the surface, I don't give a shit about the core tbh, it seems like a rip off of most virtual world stuff.

sad the series devolved this way, the first few chapters were amazing, it felt like I was reading a warframe manga.

early warframe was based heavily on nihei's works. to the point that ash looks like the black gauna from abara.
you have read almost if not all of his works, you know that he recycles concepts.
placenta=tentacle alien mass
higgs particles=future space fuel
gauna=aliens
this is something I really like about him, how he finds new ways to combine his ideas.
there are never clear answers to anything, and I don't think I can tell you any info you don't already know.
"aposimz" was introduced in sidonia, as a different seed ship that they lost contact with.
however aposimz is only the english title of this manga.
馬鹿げた倫理 全部ガラクタで
Oct 24, 2022 2:51 AM
Oct 2015
nyugvo6 said:
Neostorm-X said:

early warframe was based heavily on nihei's works. to the point that ash looks like the black gauna from abara.
you have read almost if not all of his works, you know that he recycles concepts.
gauna=aliens
this is something I really like about him, how he finds new ways to combine his ideas.
there are never clear answers to anything, and I don't think I can tell you any info you don't already know.
"aposimz" was introduced in sidonia, as a different seed ship that they lost contact with.

i know whats sad is that there is almost nothing in the warframe team or any reference to nihei that has ever been said in any of their streams, but the similarities are uncanny especially with abara,
like seriously, I literally only ever seen niehei mentioned a single time in some art contest.
this is like one of my suspicions is that ether the art director forgot or it was an eariler work outsourced that has been diluted,

or its like the squid game director who refuses to admit any thing to do with kami sama no iutoori even though the movie and manga is almost identical to many ways with squid game
Oct 24, 2022 2:54 AM
Oct 2015
nyugvo6 said:
Neostorm-X said:

gauna=aliens

also technically
I have read all of niheis stuff except knights of sidonia, i just forget to add most of his shorter works,
sidonia has a very different artstyle and i really dislike it, imo aposim is a lot closer to his old artstyle or a hybrid of it.
I also heard the story was very bad, or it was less nihei and more regular shounen, especially stuff like blame gakuen,
i hear nihei changed his style because his daughter didn't like his works which imo is stupid as hell since girls usually wouldn't like something like this especially elementary or middle schoolers (of course there are exceptions like niheis own assistant Q hiyashida who draws even more grotesque shit)
Oct 24, 2022 12:00 PM

Sep 2008
Neostorm-X said:

sidonia has a very different artstyle and i really dislike it, imo aposim is a lot closer to his old artstyle or a hybrid of it.
I also heard the story was very bad, or it was less nihei and more regular shounen, especially stuff like blame gakuen,
i hear nihei changed his style because his daughter didn't like his works

for warframe, I think the original art director left years ago, which is why the overall tone and direction shifted. I started to find the designs being off when the gunslinger frame was added.
I found the artist's blog once, it was full with cool stuff. so sadly I don't think that early coolness will come back.

you probably know he was learning architecture in america, then came back to japan feeling defeated and started drawing manga as a job. it wasn't a passion project but the means he made money.
I'm an artist so I can tell a few things about nihei's style. the really messy and super shaded look of his early work is the result of using ink and paper, and messing up a lot. funny enough this exact thing is what set it apart from the rest and gave it that iconic grunge look. it feels more organic.
during biomega, he started doing digital art and the change is very, very striking. his art became less detailed and less messy. the reason why his artstyle changed so much is just this.

what I'm questioning is why? since it happened when they "left" earth and almost every background was black, I'm guessing it's much faster to use the fill tool, and much cheaper than wasting ink.
his daughter said that "he should have drawn an interesting manga like AoT" and "his stories are confusing" it's not about his art but the story I think.
which is how sidonia turned into a romcom harem, but with humans on the verge of extinction fighting giant humanoid flesh monsters with their very limited living space in danger.
it was meant to be an easy read. it mostly lacks transhumanism until the last arc unfortunately.
I think aposimz is proof he figured out how to make digital art work for him.

nobody asked but my favorite works by him are Noise for the occult aspect, Abara for his best artwork imo, and Biomega because I like the designs and "fast paced blame on motorbikes"
馬鹿げた倫理 全部ガラクタで
Dec 19, 2022 9:26 AM
Jan 2016
That ending was so anti-climatic. Aposimz was shaping up to be something very interesting, although I found the art style to be just lazy compared to his previous works.

Although Nihei's mangas tend to get rushed endings, I don't think he would end that way. I guess this one in particular was canceled by the publisher. I wouldn't be surprised because, although I like it, the characters do lack personality. Nihei is best suited to rely on world building than characters, and his stories lose a lot of weight by not being as dark as it used to.

Blame! is still clearly his best, most complete work. Abara has the best art, but its too short and confusing in a bad kind of way, as it doesn't have the compelling world building of Blame!.
Biomega stands in between imo.
Knights of Sidonia is a joke, I still find it way worse than Aposimz even after this ridiculous ending.

I hope Nihei will go back into making what he's best at.

My dream is to see him making a fully realized version of Abara. I guess he tried to do it with Aposimz but he failed. It's just too good of a concept to give up though, he just needs to abandom those shonen tropes and light and lazy art style and go back to making seinen masterpieces.
Jan 11, 1:27 PM
Sep 2023
this was a pretty good shonen series I honestly hope this will be made into an anime sometime in the future as I reeeallly liked the colored pages of this series more than anything and I think it would help it stand out better in my mind especially seeing all those fights in motion. but as a manga its pretty average, a typical story of a post apocalyptical weird scifi world where 1 person rises up against his oppressors, nothing aprticularly new w/ that but sill a gfun ride nonetheless 5/10 ^^

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ningyou no Kuni Chapter 51 Discussion

Ochimusha - Jan 18

0 by Ochimusha »»
Jan 18, 3:34 PM

Poll: » Ningyou no Kuni Chapter 50 Discussion

Farabeuf - Apr 27, 2021

1 by Spo0ky-chan »»
Nov 21, 2023 5:33 AM

» DID this get axed?

Neostorm-X - Oct 18, 2022

1 by DioBrando_69420 »»
Mar 5, 2023 10:08 AM

Poll: » Ningyou no Kuni Chapter 1 Discussion

ichii_1 - Feb 25, 2017

5 by Neostorm-X »»
Oct 18, 2022 11:33 AM

Poll: » Ningyou no Kuni Chapter 36 Discussion

dbaranyi - Feb 26, 2020

3 by SparkleDuck »»
Apr 23, 2021 12:38 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.