Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Sep 13, 2021 6:01 PM
May 2017
LightVelox said:

S3 has a bit of Saitama, but S4 he will be there for like 5 minutes top

At least in S5 we will get the longest Saitama fight in the series.
Sep 13, 2021 6:03 PM
May 2017
weeblet7890x said:

Same in my case, lets hope s3 has both story and saitama.

Sadly, if only 12 episodes, will probably only have 4 major events (maybe 4 episodes total?) where he does anything. But two of those will be two of the biggest reveals in the entire series.
Oct 29, 2021 1:59 PM

Jul 2021
animation for opm matters more than it does for most anime as opm is an action animation but yea ur right the season was just as good as s1 besides the lack of sitama the worse animation that doesn't automatically make the season shit the animation wasn't even that bad just mediocre lmao people hate the season just because the animation wasn't as good as s1 or demon slayer🤣🤣

Nov 4, 2021 10:03 PM
Nov 2016
_spoon_ said:
animation for opm matters more than it does for most anime as opm is an action animation but yea ur right the season was just as good as s1 besides the lack of sitama the worse animation that doesn't automatically make the season shit the animation wasn't even that bad just mediocre lmao people hate the season just because the animation wasn't as good as s1 or demon slayer🤣🤣

IMHO the animation in the TV version of OPM S2 was bad with those godawful ghosting effects which pretty much ruined it for me, the animation got better in the BD version though since the godawful ghosting effects was removed there, it wasn't bad, it was decent but it wasn't good enough for me either, it was still a huge downgrade compared to S1 and let's be honest, we will always compare something to the previous season.

Still, OPM S2 has other glaring issues, the animation isn't the only issue here. OPM S2 is not horrible, it's just mediocre and deserves no more than a 7/10 IMHO.

Unfortunately for OPM S2 the 1st season set the standards way too high.
Nov 5, 2021 4:03 PM

Jul 2021
xZabuzax said:
_spoon_ said:

IMHO the animation in the TV version of OPM S2 was bad with those godawful ghosting effects which pretty much ruined it for me, the animation got better in the BD version though since the godawful ghosting effects was removed there, it wasn't bad, it was decent but it wasn't good enough for me either, it was still a huge downgrade compared to S1 and let's be honest, we will always compare something to the previous season.

Still, OPM S2 has other glaring issues, the animation isn't the only issue here. OPM S2 is not horrible, it's just mediocre and deserves no more than a 7/10 IMHO.

Unfortunately for OPM S2 the 1st season set the standards way too high.
maybe its because ive watched a lot of stuff with really bad animation so I don't really care about it anymore but ye I don't think the season was anything special and the animation did take a few points of for me its a low 8 out fo 10

Nov 10, 2021 2:11 AM

Jul 2008
_spoon_ said:

maybe its because ive watched a lot of stuff with really bad animation so I don't really care about it anymore but ye I don't think the season was anything special and the animation did take a few points of for me its a low 8 out fo 10

I just saw the S2 and that was exactly what I was going to say. I admit the very last episode of the season is really poor on the animations with all these black shadows & statics scenes but that's all.
Nowadays it's not rare to see really bad cheap CGI animation in animes, some recent movies, series are only made from them. So we kinda tend to focus on the story if we wanna "enjoy" the show.
Chinese animation and other great series for example use it a lot. (Kingdom, Ajin, Kumo-chan...)
So... complaining about OPM when they at least didn't use CGI ? don't really understand.

CainaelNov 10, 2021 3:16 AM
Nov 11, 2021 11:08 PM

Apr 2018
Everybody is allowed to set their own standards for what makes or breaks a show for them, and for some people animation is paramount. It is rather silly to complain about people dropping a show for poor animation. Animation may not matter to you, but it clearly does to other people. Imagine if I had, say, made a thread titled "Story doesn't even matter" because I personally feel characterization, character design, animation, music, directing, background art, sound design, voice acting, theming, editing, and vibes, are more important than story. How would you feel if you were ridiculed for putting emphasis on story, or whatever else you value in shows?
Nov 23, 2021 4:53 PM
Aug 2019
if animation doesn't matter in anime? why make it? if the only thing that matters is characters, story and plot then just read the manga. at least the art-style there is consistent (i loved season 1 and rewatched it to get back into 2 because i also loved the manga)
it just felt like if they gave one of the best animated action shows to a shoujo studio. the details are in things that don't matter (genos has shiny metal and saitama has a highly shaded head instead of being hard shaded) which doesn't match the action show it is.
Nov 23, 2021 4:59 PM

Jul 2021
I don't really care about the animation though animation in general is really important to have quality over quantity and they did tried their best despite people prefer season 1's animation but nonetheless the fight scenes were good and I like how where the story is directing, overall it's enjoyable, more enjoyable than season 1 to say the least.
"......If I told you that I was a real witch, would you believe it?"

Nov 24, 2021 11:23 AM

Apr 2018
Legomeaker101 said:
it just felt like if they gave one of the best animated action shows to a shoujo studio.

Not that I have any quarrel with you, but I have seen shoujo anime with significantly better action than what can be found in this season. In fact, I've seen shoujo anime with action on par with OPM season 1...
Nov 24, 2021 11:31 AM
Aug 2019
Purple_Gh0st24 said:
Legomeaker101 said:
it just felt like if they gave one of the best animated action shows to a shoujo studio.

Not that I have any quarrel with you, but I have seen shoujo anime with significantly better action than what can be found in this season. In fact, I've seen shoujo anime with action on par with OPM season 1...

sorry. i meant romance shoujo (where tiny details and things matter more than action)
Nov 24, 2021 11:40 AM

Apr 2018
Legomeaker101 said:
Purple_Gh0st24 said:

sorry. i meant romance shoujo (where tiny details and things matter more than action)

Oh, okay. Sorry I misunderstood you.
Dec 12, 2021 6:17 PM
Oct 2021
Facts when i watched OPM season 1 and 2 and have rewatched and rewatched as it is one of my favorite anime I don't get why people hate season 2 so much to me its just as good as the first.
Dec 13, 2021 4:02 PM
Jul 2018
I don't really understand it either. I honestly thought that season 2 was way better. Season 1 was kinda boring outside its amazing animation because it was just about 1 thing. s2 actually had long fights, a nice backstory and way more focus on the whole cast

this is just the biggest kneejerk reaction from a huge group of hiveminders ever
Dec 13, 2021 4:21 PM

Aug 2021
since its one punch man i think the animation matters cuz saitama is pretty op
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 16, 2021 5:07 AM
Aug 2019
MahouMaiwa said:
I don't really understand it either. I honestly thought that season 2 was way better. Season 1 was kinda boring outside its amazing animation because it was just about 1 thing. s2 actually had long fights, a nice backstory and way more focus on the whole cast

this is just the biggest kneejerk reaction from a huge group of hiveminders ever

because season 1 set a standard and season 2 didn't meet it. if the story, characters and fights are what matters in an anime? then why not read the manga? (at least there the quality is constantly getting better instead of degrading)
Dec 23, 2021 1:25 PM

Apr 2016
The problem of season 2 is how badly and confusing the animation sequences are... then
add that Genos arm are literally a blob grey mess and characters design is way worse
Jan 26, 2022 8:01 AM
May 2019
season 2 was bad not just because of the animation but because of the bad direction, art direction, animation direction, storyboarding, compositing, character designs and sound effects. you need to realize that it's just not the animation that made season 1 so much better.
Jan 31, 2022 5:09 PM
Nov 2021
I didn't have a problem with season 2 at all. It was just as enjoyable as season 1. When I saw the studio behind it was J-C staff i knew the animation would be lesser quality but they still did an amazing job. People hating on it are just dumb
Feb 1, 2022 2:52 PM
Jun 2021
Season 2 is fine, I really don't understand the complaints. Storyboarding is inferior?!? Ok, thanks for pointing that out <eyeroll>

I have seen both seasons so many times that I don't care if there's a difference, I just enjoy it without noticing. Static backgrounds? Genos' arms? Confusing animation sequences? Bad this that and the other? I don't see it... I'd have to go rewatch and specifically look for these things... and I still won't care. I've seen a lot of terrible anime and a lot of good anime... and I don't understand giving season 2 grief.

Frankly, everyone has an opinion and the haters are not going to change... so more power to them. They're wrong, but more power to them.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Punch Man 2nd Season Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 9, 2019

582 by FarCritical »»
7 hours ago

Poll: » One Punch Man 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 2, 2019

390 by Gooliver »»
May 5, 2:48 PM

Poll: » One Punch Man 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

xShinigami3125 - Jun 25, 2019

201 by tensemoment »»
May 5, 10:50 AM

Poll: » One Punch Man 2nd Season Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

xShinigami3125 - May 7, 2019

244 by scorpioniclibra »»
Mar 14, 3:26 PM

Poll: » One Punch Man 2nd Season Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

xShinigami3125 - Apr 23, 2019

367 by Dr_tardo »»
Feb 21, 6:24 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.