Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Aug 18, 2021 8:10 AM

Jul 2020
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Well that was an ending, although not the best but it still wraps up everything. RIP Lucy Steel tho T__T

And yep Fumi is the SBR Joseph Joestar, great to see Joseph back.

See you soon in the JoJo Lands...
CreoinAug 18, 2021 8:51 AM

Everything's in place, and they've taken the bait... Yes. Now to start reeling them in...
Aug 18, 2021 8:11 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Lucy actually died at 65 years old, damn... Joseph Joestar and the alternative family + Josefumi's mother hmm, it's still quite mysterious overall I would say, and this part ends with the family eating a cake together... xD Not my favorite part for sure but it was still pretty good, I'm waiting for part 9 now.
Aug 18, 2021 8:24 AM

May 2019
It's time to say goodbye to Morioh once again...
While not my favorite part, I really enjoyed its characters and reading it was also fun.
Now it's time for jojo lands...
Aug 18, 2021 8:29 AM
Jul 2018
HERMIT PURPLE! Overall it was pretty wholesome, almost teared when I saw the 2 empty chairs on the last page.
removed-userAug 18, 2021 9:15 AM
Aug 18, 2021 8:30 AM

Oct 2019
My heart, it ache. That was such a bitter sweet ending. I screamed out loud while reading this, so glad we got to see joseph. Tooru is even older than I thought.

Overall: Best mystery I've seen

Also we all just read the early leak and not the official release?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 18, 2021 8:32 AM

Sep 2020
Araki really brought out Joseph Joestar with Hermit Purple and Steel Clackers just for him to throw them away.

It was an alright ending, the fight was whatever considering it was in one chapter. Weird af seeing Tooru all the way back then though. It seems Norisuke is ok but Jobin seems super dead which sucks, considering he was literally one of my favorite characters in this part.

Apart from the monologue it doesn't really feel like an ending.

Aug 18, 2021 8:41 AM

Sep 2019
Decent way to end this part, onward to part 9.

Btw it took more than 10 years for part 8 which is the longest of all JoJo parts so far.
Aug 18, 2021 8:42 AM

Oct 2019
Stuffed_goat said:
Araki really brought out Joseph Joestar with Hermit Purple and Steel Clackers just for him to throw them away.

That was hilarious lmao
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 18, 2021 8:48 AM
Jan 2021
Upon the announcement of part 9, finishing this final chapter kind of felt like "Oh no! Anyways..."
Aug 18, 2021 9:04 AM

Dec 2019
Goodbye, old friend :(
Lucy died, although that was expected it's still really sad :(
Joseph's stand is AWESO?E! A pumped-up version of Hermit Purple.
We saw Tooru for the last time.
Josefumi's mom may care about him.
The ending was really emotional.
I hope we can see these characters return on JOJOLANDS!
Aug 18, 2021 9:05 AM

Dec 2019
Joseph Joestar with a Humanoid Hermit Purple made my day lmao. Hope he didn't cheat on Suzie Q again, but i wouldn't mind if he did.

Anyways, It's an Okay ending that made me more interested in the upcoming part 9.
Aug 18, 2021 9:11 AM

Apr 2021
Humanoid hermit purple + Cracker Volley 10/10
Aug 18, 2021 9:22 AM
Jul 2019
This was actually fine for how weak this final arc was overall. It brought great fanservice and closed of our MCs character arc well but jobin was not well handled at all & that I'll never forgive araki for.

Aug 18, 2021 9:39 AM

Nov 2020
Well...it was a good end (finally we have a SBR Universe Joseph). Araki really put a lot of effort into this work, I hope he takes some rest before starting the new part...

For now, it's wait for Part 9.
[Translator's note: "Keikaku" means plan]

Just according to keikaku...
-Raito "Light" Yagami
Aug 18, 2021 9:40 AM

Apr 2020
Wait so did the flash into the future ever get covered? And what about Jobin? I must have missed something.
Aug 18, 2021 9:44 AM

Apr 2009
This is a tough part to rate, gonna think on this for a while. Some great highlights, but some pretty strange choices and pacing as well...
Steel Ball Run anime when?
Aug 18, 2021 9:52 AM
Mar 2015
A relatively weak arc. There were quite the amount of threads that went nowhere and it felt in general directionless.

It was a good arc in general though. I really liked the characters, the final battle was the third best one, and the closure for Josuke's character arc was better than I expected.

My current ranking for the eight parts is: 4>5≈7>2>8≈6>>3>>>1≈nothing
Aug 18, 2021 10:18 AM
Oct 2017
Bittersweet ending
Probably my second favorite part after DIU
Unto JoJo Lands, and I hope Araki gets all the rest he needs
Aug 18, 2021 10:23 AM

Jan 2013
I'm glad Jojolion is over. To be honest this is easily the worst Jojo part. I'm scared and intrigued with the future of this franchise.
Aug 18, 2021 10:34 AM

Oct 2017
So that boy was indeed Joseph and he married Suzy Q even in this timeline. He's destined to live a fulfilled life, ain't he. Also Lucy Steel died at the age of 65, I'm glad she lived a long life and died peacefully.

Back to the main story and Josuke meets Josefumi's mother. She was actually looking for Josefumi after all, good to know. Also Josefumi was named Josefumi by his grandpa, Josefumi as in Joseph's japanese name Josefu + Fumi as mentioned in this chapter.

Finally Josuke meets up with the Higashikata family and it ends with a emotional get together of all of them. It would have been great if we got to see Josuke getting together with Yasuho but at this point it's pretty much confirmed they'll get together at some point.

And with this another JoJo part comes to an end and once again this was another amazing part. I really loved most of it thou there were a few inconsistencies here and there but they weren't that much of a hindrance. My only complain would be the fact that Johnny brought out the corpse from that facility which was supposed to be impregnable for atleast 80 years.

Part 9 title JoJolands was already announced so looking forward to that. Hopefully Araki will come out with another amazing part.
MegamiRemAug 28, 2021 1:04 PM
Aug 18, 2021 11:32 AM

Jun 2013
Now, I really loved these last two chapters but as far as JoJo endings go, this is easily the worst one. This is for me the worst part as well. Araki actually forgot some things but they could be remedied in Part 9 perhaps. It was a fun ride and I do agree that some strange choices were made towards the end.
Very excited for Part 9.
Aug 18, 2021 11:33 AM

Jan 2021
weird way of ending it but I liked it,

great part.

see yall in part 9..

gg?
Aug 18, 2021 11:36 AM

Jan 2021
ArcaneEdge said:
This was actually fine for how weak this final arc was overall. It brought great fanservice and closed of our MCs character arc well but jobin was not well handled at all & that I'll never forgive araki for.

huh?? im sorry but did you just say the last arc wasnt good??? or do you mean the radio gaga incident with lucy and all?
Aug 18, 2021 11:50 AM

Mar 2016
Damn, that was a long ride, started this back in highschool and now reading the last chapter at 24... Tbh my interest in the part kind of waned a few years ago and I'm not too satisfied with how it turned out. Definitely the part I love the least but I still got a lot of enjoyment out of it. I really need to get around to rereading JoJolion from the beginning now that it's all over, to re-experience the stuff I loved this part for and to see more clearly how I feel about it as a whole. Glad Araki is still going at it with JoJoLands, it would be a shame if JoJo ended here. Hoping the best for Part 9 and a new era of JoJo.
Aug 18, 2021 12:05 PM
Apr 2020
this part was weak and i'm glad its over. i hope part 9 isn't like this and we get some actual good content
Aug 18, 2021 12:32 PM

Jul 2012
Oh man, it was hard reading that Lucy died, especially being quite young to die :(

So the theory was right, he was Joseph after all! It was really cool to see him!
Would part 9 be about him? Probably not

And Norisuke survived! I can't believe it! I'm happy about that.

It ended quite abruptly to be honest, but I liked it. I can't believe JoJolion it's over.

I'll see you all in part 9!
Aug 18, 2021 12:56 PM
May 2020
I am now depressed because of this ending. I hope we get to see what happens to Holly after this. I really hope they go searching for more Rokakaka like they hinted at. That's something I would like to be included in part 9.

Check out my review: https://myanimelist.net/reviews.php?id=413339
Aug 18, 2021 12:59 PM
May 2020
jaunis said:
Wait so did the flash into the future ever get covered? And what about Jobin? I must have missed something.

Jobin very clearly died.
Aug 18, 2021 1:19 PM

Apr 2020
JizzyBizzy said:
jaunis said:

Jobin very clearly died.

Yea, I get that, but it was just so abrupt that I thought there had to be more. He was such a good character, but he went out like some minor part 3 antagonist.
Aug 18, 2021 1:55 PM
Apr 2020
I honestly love the conclusion, it may not have answered all of my questions I had for this part but it was satisfying to see the clackers & hamon being used by Joseph. Seeing Josuke accepting himself for who he is now instead of what was his past was great too. I am hopeful that Part 9 elaborates more on Part 8. :D
Aug 18, 2021 2:07 PM

Apr 2020
A really enjoyable part to read, The ending of it was pretty good. 9/10
Aug 18, 2021 4:04 PM

May 2020
The hamon balls!!!

Also can somebody explain the last few panels? Was it just a sign that Josuke decided to move on from his old life and accepted his new family/life?
Aug 18, 2021 4:17 PM
Dec 2020
ohnewnew said:
ArcaneEdge said:

huh?? im sorry but did you just say the last arc wasnt good??? or do you mean the radio gaga incident with lucy and all?

Honestly don't get the last arc fans... The last arc was needlessly long with rock animals stalling, characters briefly coming back to get clapped, bullshit power-up ( nothing new, still unsatisfying ), and left me with a really rushed feeling, especially with chapter 108. Radio gaga > WoU any day of the week, love me some Joseph
Aug 18, 2021 4:40 PM

Mar 2018
noooooo lucyyyyyy

also fumi is a joestar and maybe part 9 mc or holly? im confused

i hope after seeing her phone josuke decides to speak to joesfumis mom

all in all part 8 was solid and introduced some new and interesting things and im gonna miss some of the characters including my guy mamezuku

Aug 18, 2021 6:08 PM
Sep 2018
This was one of my favorite parts, the ending was not awesome, but it was not AOT ed
Aug 18, 2021 6:15 PM
Jan 2020
My only complain is that I wanted to see some more GappyYasuho moments in this chapter
Aug 18, 2021 6:48 PM
Dec 2019
This part may be one of the weaker parts imo (mainly because of WoU) but the ending wasn't that bad. Perhaps it was kinda rushed but still properly closes Josuke's story.

Since holly hasn't awaken from her coma yet, will we see Josuke going out of Japan to find a new rokakaka? I think the next part might be stardust crusaders v2.
Aug 18, 2021 7:14 PM
Dec 2018
What happen to Nijimura Kei? Is she dead?
Aug 18, 2021 7:57 PM
Jul 2018
I always hope that the Anime will be better than the Manga

Lot of elaboration is required but I believe Anime will do the justice
Aug 18, 2021 8:16 PM

Feb 2017
It kinda feels weird that Jojolion's wrapping up, but it was a nice ending.
Mankind knew that they cannot change society. So instead of reflecting on themselves, they blamed the beasts.
Aug 18, 2021 8:31 PM
Sep 2020
Hmm... One of my favorite part overall. The ending was good. Very happy that we got to see Joseph again. Its sad to say goodbye to Morioh once again... But Farewell Jojo until we meet again... In Jojo Lands
Aug 18, 2021 8:46 PM

Jan 2020
Felt kinda mediocre towards the end, and the characters didn't really intrigue me as much as the other parts did. Some great and unique concepts here and there but there was also some questionable directions and plot holes. 7/10 part tbh. Weird plot about fruit that just didn't stuck with me.
Aug 18, 2021 8:46 PM

Jun 2013
Ducstatiba2 said:
This was one of my favorite parts, the ending was not awesome, but it was not AOT ed

AOT's ending was leagues better than this
Aug 18, 2021 9:12 PM

Nov 2012
Not my favorite part by a long shot and pretty underwhelming end but it was still enjoyable. If anything, I'll be thinking about how exciting it will be to see the birth of a new part rather than pondering the ending of Jojolion.
Aug 18, 2021 11:26 PM

Sep 2014
My 2nd favourite part despite the ending being one of the weakest in the series. Still I'm glad we go to see what happened to Lucy Steel, this universe's Joseph Joestar and how the Joestar family tree went from there. I think that was a great conclusion of Jousuke's story. Looking forward to what JOJOLANDS has to offer.
Aug 19, 2021 1:20 AM

Sep 2020
Well after the 2nd seinen jojo part ended, this is by far my 5th favorite part after SBR,DIU,BT,GW, there are still some major plot point that still hasn't yet revealed, what is the mechanic and origin of walleyes, what is tooru motivation that makes him a villain, without the "bee stuff" the cake ending is touching, we still haven't yet see Rai's condition but it's stated that he's deceased

I really hoped the radio gaga incident is shortened, this part is beyond bullshit,it could have been short and give all the goddamn information and considering 2 chapters left it ends, especially since this is an alternate universe,we thought holly kira is not joseph daughter,but ended up yes,which is very predictable itself as an alternate universe of Jojo

And by far my favorite character here is only Joubin and Gappy, Both are great,Joubin is a natural realistic villain like Kira, make his family wealthy and protect his son and live a happy life with his family and Gappy is probably the kindest yet cutest Jojo after Jonathan

Soft and wet go beyond development is way too rushed and an asspulls, because the bubbles ain't real bubbles but a thread that can make spins and ignore every ability, especially the origin about Rai knowing the spin isn't yet explained

And a lot of plot points

How did Rai know spin eventually only Zeppelis and Joestars know it??

How did Tooru get his stand?

Yasuho's backstory

Holly emotion, she's basically just laying on the hospital bed, after she gets cured, she didn't go to Kei or maybe even something else related,but she had a baby,i likely doubt the baby is a new original fresh Jojo, since Kira jojolion is Jotaro 2.0

Who is the rail guard? why tf a friggin metal gets a stand like ability while metal is clearly a dead material

Oh Dear after loads of edit and knowing more information,i felt so bad for holly kira,he missing his own son,turned out to be stranger that is tried to break her curse,and kei is confirmed deceased,#straystonkhollysan!
ishowhatredAug 22, 2021 6:22 PM
Aug 19, 2021 1:53 AM

Oct 2017
GreenFlame said:
Ducstatiba2 said:

AOT's ending was leagues better than this

Lmao, that's a good one.
Aug 19, 2021 2:17 AM

Feb 2018
Maybe just coping but since we got an information about a possibillity of Rokakaka being in some lands to the south we'll see Josuke in part 9 in the same way we saw Joseph in SC? As Yasuho said, this was a story about breaking a curse. Maybe we'll get a story about Josuke finally saving Holly? There are some unresolved plot points and over a course of 10 years Araki could have changed his mind many times and simply abandon some of them. I guess I need to wait to see if I'm gonna classify this part as a part with the greatest number of plot holes or a part that concludes while making a build up to part 9.
BlblblblAug 19, 2021 2:25 AM
Aug 19, 2021 2:20 AM

Jan 2015
I have said before that this has the potential to be the worst or best part....it's the worst. Everything felt so dragged and anti-climactic I really don't understand why this couldn't just have been twice as short, it really didn't add much in the end other than confusion.
Zura_OrokamonoAug 19, 2021 5:23 AM
Aug 19, 2021 3:47 AM

Feb 2021
despite the amount of unaswered quesitons i still really enjoyed this part, it is my second favourite and i was expecting worse from the ending so i'm satisfied
jojolands will be the first part i follow from chapter 1 to hopefully the end and i'm really excited to see how it will turn out and if it will answer the questions left in part 9
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 8: Jojolion Chapter 5 Discussion

notsureifsrs - Oct 31, 2011

14 by Jfile904 »»
Apr 12, 1:26 PM

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 8: Jojolion Chapter 4 Discussion

Rade-chan - Sep 30, 2011

12 by Jfile904 »»
Apr 12, 1:20 PM

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 8: Jojolion Chapter 3 Discussion

notsureifsrs - Jul 19, 2011

28 by Jfile904 »»
Apr 12, 1:08 PM

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 8: Jojolion Chapter 33 Discussion

KiraYoshikage - Jun 20, 2014

31 by Tamamlanmamis »»
Apr 9, 6:46 AM

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 8: Jojolion Chapter 27 Discussion

KiraYoshikage - Dec 19, 2013

22 by Tamamlanmamis »»
Apr 9, 4:34 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.