Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
So I'm a Spider, So What? (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Aug 11, 2021 12:07 AM
Mar 2021
I hope Millepsense can make Kumo Desu Ga Nani Ka S2 better after what they did in previous season and what will happen in S2 later.

But if Millepsense gives up to adapt S2, i wish WIT Studio can take this project so i will wait 2-3 years until it finished while reading LN/WN.
Aug 11, 2021 12:13 AM
Aug 2020
Jajaja WIT, I think that you have to wake up from this happy dream and come to the reality
Aug 11, 2021 5:41 AM
Jan 2021
I think Sanzigen would do an amazing job. I mean, look at D4DJ and D_Cide.
Aug 11, 2021 5:45 AM

Jul 2020
I don't think Millepensee will come back for season 2 cuz of this incident
https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1935316

Scordolo's Recent Reviews
To your eternity
Vanitas no Karte
Aug 11, 2021 8:41 AM
Oct 2020
Millipense just has to cut it out with the jank 3D people fights. The last couple episodes in the elf village looked awful. The monster fights with Kumoko were really good.

WIT has better things to do than animate some generic isekai.
Aug 11, 2021 2:17 PM
Jan 2018
Wen_tnuocca said:
Millipense just has to cut it out with the jank 3D people fights. The last couple episodes in the elf village looked awful. The monster fights with Kumoko were really good.

clearly, you didn't pay attention at all if you think it's a generic isekai.
Aug 11, 2021 3:54 PM
Oct 2020
poisonedbite said:
Wen_tnuocca said:

ive read through volume 12. It’s enjoyable. I liked it. It’s pretty generic: video game leveling mechanics, demon lords, etc. Even the distopian-esque world is tried and true.

You can’t tell me with a straight face this, besides an energetic spider, whom I loved, isn’t generic.
Aug 12, 2021 4:23 AM
Mar 2021
Hooked13G said:
I think Sanzigen would do an amazing job. I mean, look at D4DJ and D_Cide.
That's right, their 3D CGI are better.
Aug 12, 2021 4:29 AM
Mar 2021
Wen_tnuocca said:
poisonedbite said:

ive read through volume 12. It’s enjoyable. I liked it. It’s pretty generic: video game leveling mechanics, demon lords, etc. Even the distopian-esque world is tried and true.

You can’t tell me with a straight face this, besides an energetic spider, whom I loved, isn’t generic.
look like you have ignore many details there.
Aug 22, 2021 5:34 PM
Jul 2016
I might commit war crimes if Millepsense also adapts season 2.
Aug 27, 2021 6:43 PM

Feb 2016
Wen_tnuocca said:

What I hate most is that I'm getting use to this jank 3D stuff that it doesn't bother me as much. This anime, needs sakuga. I wish they could put more heart into it but it can't be help. Underpaid staff. We all know the drill.
Sep 7, 2021 5:15 AM

Jul 2021
Wen_tnuocca said:
poisonedbite said:

Let's see, What is your favorite
Wen_tnuocca said:
poisonedbite said:

What are you talking about Spider Isekai generic?

I thought the story telling is Unique (Switching between The Future and Past) Also there are hints in the first few episodes that MC spider is the Demon Lord But it turns out She is the White Lady, Lastly the Plot Twist that the Elf have Advance Technology is Interesting.

If you called that Generic, Then what Isekai for you is not Generic?
Sep 7, 2021 6:09 AM
Oct 2020
RjtheGreat14 said:
Wen_tnuocca said:

Wen_tnuocca said:

I thought the story telling is Unique (Switching between The Future and Past) Also there are hints in the first few episodes that MC spider is the Demon Lord But it turns out She is the White Lady, Lastly the Plot Twist that the Elf have Advance Technology is Interesting.

Let me start by saying Spider did not invent foreshadowing, if you can even call it that, or the concept of time skips, or even the idea of lost technology.

Webster's dictionary defines generic as relating to a group or not having its own brand name. Not necessarily that something is boring or lame. I also never said I didn't enjoy my time with the show. It's a good show, but it doesn't do enough to make me say it's not generic: MC get killed, transported to a fantasy world and becomes ridiculously overpowered. Where have I seen this premise before?

Which Isekai do I like? The ones that don't reuse this premise. The ones that try to be at least a little unique: Angel Beats is a perfect example of a show I love that doesn't follow the formula. It uses the concept of Isekai, not to have an op character using video game skill mechanics like the last guy, but to have an emotional story about regret and what it means to find happiness.
Sep 7, 2021 2:52 PM

Jul 2021
Wen_tnuocca said:
RjtheGreat14 said:

Let me start by saying Spider did not invent foreshadowing, if you can even call it that, or the concept of time skips, or even the idea of lost technology.

Webster's dictionary defines generic as relating to a group or not having its own brand name. Not necessarily that something is boring or lame. I also never said I didn't enjoy my time with the show. It's a good show, but it doesn't do enough to make me say it's not generic: MC get killed, transported to a fantasy world and becomes ridiculously overpowered. Where have I seen this premise before?

Which Isekai do I like? The ones that don't reuse this premise. The ones that try to be at least a little unique: Angel Beats is a perfect example of a show I love that doesn't follow the formula. It uses the concept of Isekai, not to have an op character using video game skill mechanics like the last guy, but to have an emotional story about regret and what it means to find happiness.

Well for me a Generic Isekai is Like, In Another World with my Smart phone, Death March Rhapsody etc.

Those Isekai does not give anything new to the genre. Its just literally Power Fantasy plus Harem.

Atleast Spider Isekai shake up the formula for an Isekai.

Kinda Curious, What do you think About The Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime? For me It is the Best Isekai as of 2021.
Sep 7, 2021 3:11 PM
Oct 2020
RjtheGreat14 said:
Wen_tnuocca said:

Well for me a Generic Isekai is Like, In Another World with my Smart phone, Death March Rhapsody etc.

Those Isekai does not give anything new to the genre. Its just literally Power Fantasy plus Harem.

Atleast Spider Isekai shake up the formula for an Isekai.

Kinda Curious, What do you think About The Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime? For me It is the Best Isekai as of 2021.
i think the novels did slime better. It’s neat seeing it animated, but naturally some stuff is glossed over. Also they will probably not adapt past this season anyway
Sep 8, 2021 10:15 PM
Mar 2021
Wen_tnuocca said:
RjtheGreat14 said:

you should watch/read Hai to Gensou No Grimgar. It was my first isekai that i loved both anime/LN, then Kumo Desu Ga. Grimgar was about some people got drifted to another world and lost their memory in previous world. You could get the skill if you train with your master and pay for administration. Mechanicsm there was more realistic and MC also was not OP. There are so much isekais with same premise or concept each other but i think Kumo Desu Ga is quite unique because plot and charracter development there.

goib1234Sep 8, 2021 10:22 PM
Sep 10, 2021 1:59 AM

Sep 2014
I just want this anime style to be consistent. I stopped watching One Punch Man after a changed of studio for season 2. The change in style was too noticeable and kept me from focusing on the story.
Sep 11, 2021 6:19 AM
May 2020
goib1234 said:
I hope Millepsense can make Kumo Desu Ga Nani Ka S2 better after what they did in previous season and what will happen in S2 later.

But if Millepsense gives up to adapt S2, i wish WIT Studio can take this project so i will wait 2-3 years until it finished while reading LN/WN.

is there even going to be Season 2 i mean was it just made for the purpose of promoting the light novel like classroom of the elite
ToxictoothSep 11, 2021 6:23 AM
Sep 12, 2021 6:05 AM

Jul 2021
goib1234 said:
Wen_tnuocca said:

you should watch/read Hai to Gensou No Grimgar. It was my first isekai that i loved both anime/LN, then Kumo Desu Ga. Grimgar was about some people got drifted to another world and lost their memory in previous world. You could get the skill if you train with your master and pay for administration. Mechanicsm there was more realistic and MC also was not OP. There are so much isekais with same premise or concept each other but i think Kumo Desu Ga is quite unique because plot and charracter development there.

I have watched Grimgar Isekai. To be honest it was just a average isekai. The pacing is so bad, that there are episodes I am forcing myself to watch and Yawning at the same time.

It not Bad but pacing really kills it for me.
Sep 12, 2021 2:18 PM
Mar 2021
RjtheGreat14 said:
goib1234 said:

I have watched Grimgar Isekai. To be honest it was just a average isekai. The pacing is so bad, that there are episodes I am forcing myself to watch and Yawning at the same time.

you don't like slow pacing there? Tbh anime skipped some parts of LN, if it had 2 cour/season 2 probably they would cover that. I wonder how anime that should be unique then? Great action? Great animation? MC should be a monster?

There was no video game tribute, there was world building, MC wasn't OP from beginning, most mechanism (like eat, skill, equipment, and others) there were manual so you need a money by hunting monster since they wouldn't allow you to do other job (both anime/LN explained better), there was no ressurection skill lol.
Sep 12, 2021 11:18 PM

Jul 2021
goib1234 said:
RjtheGreat14 said:

you don't like slow pacing there? Tbh anime skipped some parts of LN, if it had 2 cour/season 2 probably they would cover that. I wonder how anime that should be unique then? Great action? Great animation? MC should be a monster?

There was no video game tribute, there was world building, MC wasn't OP from beginning, most mechanism (like eat, skill, equipment, and others) there were manual so you need a money by hunting monster since they wouldn't allow you to do other job (both anime/LN explained better), there was no ressurection skill lol.

Like I said Grimgar is not bad, its just missing something to really stand out.

All the characters (except the healer that joined them later) seems bland to me. We don't know there back story since they were isekaid and they have amnesia after that.

One of the Unique Isekai I watched is "My Next Life as a Villainess: All Routes Lead to Doom!" The premise of that anime is that, The MC love to play Dating Sim. Suddenly she died and get trasnported/reincarnated in her favorite Dating Sim.

Unfortunately for her she was reincarnated not as the MC/Heroine of that game BUT the actual Villainess of that game. and we know that Villain in most games will be killed in the end.

So with her knowledge of the game, She will try to avoid all action/routes to lead to her doom.

Its really a Great/Unique Isekai I recommend it you watched it.

That Isekai does not have any great action, the animation was decent, and the MC is not OP, Instead her magic is pretty much useless!

Sep 13, 2021 3:56 AM
Mar 2021
RjtheGreat14 said:
goib1234 said:

Like I said Grimgar is not bad, its just missing something to really stand out.

All the characters (except the healer that joined them later) seems bland to me. We don't know there back story since they were isekaid and they have amnesia after that.

One of the Unique Isekai I watched is "My Next Life as a Villainess: All Routes Lead to Doom!" The premise of that anime is that, The MC love to play Dating Sim. Suddenly she died and get trasnported/reincarnated in her favorite Dating Sim.

Unfortunately for her she was reincarnated not as the MC/Heroine of that game BUT the actual Villainess of that game. and we know that Villain in most games will be killed in the end.

So with her knowledge of the game, She will try to avoid all action/routes to lead to her doom.

Its really a Great/Unique Isekai I recommend it you watched it.

That Isekai does not have any great action, the animation was decent, and the MC is not OP, Instead her magic is pretty much useless!

i like bakarina cuz she is funny. She has harem both boys and girls too. That was first kind of isekai like that until some chinese/korea manhwa (or whatever it called) try to copycat that. I don't think she isn't OP, she just too focus on avoiding death flag lol.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kumo Desu ga, Nani ka? Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 3, 2021

366 by Rimuru_11407 »»
Apr 21, 6:07 AM

» So there's no romance in there?

rishamr - Mar 25

12 by SwordBreaker36 »»
Apr 19, 5:07 AM

» As a LN reader, it hurts that this probably won't get another season

NXT_2006 - Feb 15, 2023

14 by DonKhixote »»
Apr 5, 4:02 PM

Poll: » Kumo Desu ga, Nani ka? Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 19, 2021

162 by Ratris_Decision »»
Mar 7, 4:07 AM

Poll: » Kumo Desu ga, Nani ka? Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KANLen09 - Jan 8, 2021

331 by Ratris_Decision »»
Mar 5, 2:46 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.