Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 »
Aug 25, 2022 8:40 PM
Jun 2019
ZXEAN said:
kitkatkarson97 said:

Season 2 is confirmed, with a trailer, but no release date :) I already skowered the interned
November 20th is the release date.

ALRIGHT BET thank you
Aug 25, 2022 9:54 PM
Jul 2022
great plot twist to end the season
Aug 25, 2022 11:57 PM

Mar 2010
Poor emma and her family... This didn't end well.
Aug 26, 2022 11:05 AM

Sep 2020
kitkatkarson97 said:
ZXEAN said:
November 20th is the release date.

ALRIGHT BET thank you
You are welcome. Btw here is the link.
https://twitter.com/STUDIO_Lan_/status/1461176617586229248?s=20&t=eH5yBcZQDCclWUf6VLYiSw
Aug 27, 2022 4:27 AM
Aug 2022
-Heliax- said:
I THOUGHT it was gonna end off on a positive note, but they pulled a whole 180 on us and introduced that new power... I lost my shit, and I can't wait to see what comes next in the series!

I was totally convinced of a positive ending. But those last minutes were really something else.. So shocked about it and I can't wait for Season 2!!!!
Aug 27, 2022 12:57 PM
Master Otaku

Mar 2009
ZXEAN said:
kitkatkarson97 said:

ALRIGHT BET thank you
You are welcome. Btw here is the link.
https://twitter.com/STUDIO_Lan_/status/1461176617586229248?s=20&t=eH5yBcZQDCclWUf6VLYiSw

Just an FYI, that was the release date for the Season 2 Preview Trailer, that was released on November 20th, 2021.

There's no release date for Season 2 yet.
- Justin T. Poindexter
Sep 1, 2022 6:10 AM
Apr 2021
HOOOOOOOLY FUCK WHAT A PLOT TWIST THAT WAS AT THE END I was NOT expecting Lu Guang to get stabbed by Qiao Ling🤯🤯🤯😱 I knew there’s gotta be somebody possessing the body of a man who supposedly can’t walk and is crippled but then next thing you know Liu Min isn’t the only one that’s being possessed and three others are all at the same time😮
Sep 1, 2022 8:42 AM

Sep 2012
Daaaaaaaaamn that was good !

I hope the season 2 comes in October for one of the most banger seasonal split since 2012 in my opinion !
Sep 11, 2022 11:22 PM

May 2022
One of the better executed twist endings. Overall the show was very good and the mc are well developed working well in the story. The art was a little wonky at some parts, but for the most part the animations where good. I am a little worried they will not be able to execute the story for s2 as it seems like villian is very overpowered. Him being able to be in multiple places at once and basically having a power similar to there's in a sense. They will need a complex way to stop him and it might be difficult to do in 11 episodes if they go for that again. I hope they can execute on a similar level to this season as it seems like it could be very difficult.
Sep 14, 2022 11:45 PM
Apr 2021
cliffhanger made me shit in my pants
Sep 19, 2022 3:39 PM
Jul 2021
Me dejo destrozada el final y espero con ansias la segunda temporada
Sep 20, 2022 5:45 PM
GetsugaTENSHO

Jul 2012
What will happen now?!
張大です for 張大勇督察
Sep 25, 2022 5:51 AM
Sep 2022
epic.....got me involved
Oct 12, 2022 8:52 AM
Jun 2022
the voiceactor is horrible and animation looks expensive but no condiments
Oct 17, 2022 11:34 PM

Jan 2008
Holy hell, what a cliffhanger!
Oct 18, 2022 12:36 AM

Oct 2010
Next level animu. 10/10 *chef kiss*

Make sure you catch those words right at the end of the credits.
Oct 18, 2022 9:25 PM
Oct 2019
well that sucks. emma died afterall...

there's a mystery, serial killer body snatcher. good twist at the end. obviously that guy won't die

i'll give it an 8/10

EDIT: oh yea. we still don't have any clue why they have these powers or how they found out they could team up, etc. don't know how the girl/friend of theirs became known as the "witch" or how she found out about their powers, etc. i assumed we would learn more by the end of the season. we did, a little bit, but not much. maybe next season? or, maybe never lol
HagePotPotatoOct 18, 2022 9:35 PM
Oct 25, 2022 3:23 PM
Oct 2021
after finishing this anime I messaged my partner incoherently for an hour drove 40 minutes for mediocre boba and then walked around my neighborhood for 45 minutes. life ruiner where is season 2
Oct 26, 2022 4:30 AM
May 2021
This anime is masterpiece bro! 🔥🔥🔥🔥 That ending literally did 180° turn bruh. Such a cliffhanger, season 2 is announced so can't wait to see more 🔥. 10/10
Oct 28, 2022 9:22 PM

Mar 2015
This anime was a solid 9/10 through and through, and then that CRAZY ending occured. Now this is a 11/10. Damn
Nov 9, 2022 2:17 AM
Nov 2021
That cliffhanger really got me there.... What an intense climax I hope he is alright... Can't wait for s2
A solid 9/10 for mee
Nov 28, 2022 10:01 AM

Oct 2013
That was kinda fucking incredible. Holy shit. I think that was kind of an amazing finale, but now I'm kinda annoyed, cause I wanna know what happens next. Damn, brought me abit to tears, then flipped the plot on me. That was incredible
"We brawlers are sustained by willpower! Even when mocked as reckless and crazy!"
Dec 1, 2022 6:25 AM
Dec 2022
THW WHOLE PLOT WAS JAW DROPPING AND WAS CLINGING TILL THE LAST
Dec 1, 2022 11:35 PM

May 2017
i can't handle it. Emma just couldn't have her peace 😭. Absolutely banger of an episode. What a great show! 10/10 for me. Had me in tears and at the edge od my seat so many times in just 11 short episodes.
Dec 3, 2022 6:20 AM

Dec 2012
WTF? Maybe that red eyes is like a shinigami or death itself

Dec 5, 2022 5:07 PM
Dec 2022
great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dec 10, 2022 3:29 AM
Jun 2021
the cliffhanger damn
Dec 14, 2022 4:43 PM
Apr 2021
me explotó la cabeza, no entiendo nada pero a la vez entiendo, amo
Dec 15, 2022 10:32 AM
Aug 2021
...what...the...heck...just...happened...
Dec 22, 2022 9:30 AM
Oct 2022
Wow best eps, gak sabar kelanjutannya
Dec 28, 2022 10:53 PM
May 2017
Had this sitting in my watch list for a hot minute. I shoulda watched this sooner. Damnnn what a way to end season 1! A 10/10 watch, the sequel can't come any sooner. The streets needssss it
Dec 29, 2022 12:22 AM

Jul 2012
Wherever there is light, one can photograph.

That's such a great quote for this episode and series. Nice timing to put it after Cheng Xiaoshi's speech too.

Feels like I could watch another dozen episodes of Lu Guang, Cheng Xiaoshi and Qiao Ling just working at their photo studio and helping people. I really enjoyed the episodic stories. The OST is simply amazing as well and I've been completely absorbed in it. Seems like we're just getting to the meat of the story, so I'm happy to hear there's another season on the way.
Jan 10, 2023 11:08 AM

Jan 2018
That was a big fuck you cliff hanger
Jan 11, 2023 8:28 PM
Apr 2020
Hate cliffhangers, excited about the new elements of the plot... hate having to wait 2 years for another season.
Jan 14, 2023 6:30 AM

Nov 2016
That cliffhanger! \\>^<//
KatouHasegawaJan 14, 2023 6:52 AM
Jan 15, 2023 11:53 AM

Aug 2014
I love that ending. It makes perfect sense, but I never thought that may happen, so it took me by surprise somehow. Best feeling.

Can't wait for S2, but I'm also a bit scared. Different direction, not expecting more episodic stuff - let's see how it goes.
Jan 20, 2023 1:56 PM

Jun 2015
No happily ever after in this one huh
If you are going to disagree with me, don't bother talking to me. I will seriously hurt you!
Jan 23, 2023 12:15 PM

Jun 2020
This show always had great cliffhangers but this episode was especially amazing I can't wait for the second season

Jan 24, 2023 7:47 PM
Mar 2020
yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Jan 25, 2023 12:09 PM
Sep 2022
SlashersBane said:
This show always had great cliffhangers but this episode was especially amazing I can't wait for the second season

Yeah, absolutely the same
Feb 1, 2023 5:46 PM

Jan 2022
And it all came back in a full circle. One of the agents, so there are other people who can time travel, right? What a fantastic series, definitely in my top 10 now. It was so suspenseful and insane!! Lol when white haired guy looked at the picture of Emma, the phone was upside down. What I don't understand is how no one notices the yellow eyes when brown haired guy jumps into people's lives and takes control of their bodies. I'm so happy Shanshan and Dong Yi had a happy ending where they found each other again!! What the hell??? How could they send the series like this?? What the fuck man I'm so pissed right now.
This never updates so that's cool
Mar 3, 2023 3:43 PM
Jan 2023
Link Click is absolutely amazing.
Mar 8, 2023 12:29 PM

Nov 2021
That was a ride. The show's definitely a masterpiece. So sad that Emma wasn't saved in the end but I think it fits with the overall melancholic tone of the show. This one made me cry on multiple occasions and that makes it special in my book. Special kudos to artstyle and ost, so beautiful. Season 2 can't come sooner
Mar 14, 2023 3:14 PM

Jan 2009
I still don't see why this show is so highly rated and I'm sad since I really wanted to like it since the premise sounded good to me.

But I really think that a good chunk of people raving about this show have to be fujoshis or girls fixated with kpop that are attracted to cheng and lu guang. We have subpar characters with defined traits, two main characters with random powers that never got fully explained, short forgettable and badly written arcs (doudou one above all), average animations and a cliched butterfly effect time travel narrative. I still don't understand why Emma wants to jump from the bridge, there isn't really a valide motive. Is it because her death was set in stone when Cheng send that message and changed her past so she had to die no matter what? Anyway, even the ultra-shocking twist in the end is kinda... bad? I mean there is another mastermind that can possess multiple people at once from nowhere, no real clues are shown during the course of the show... it just happens. Just to have a stupid twist. Even the alternate timeline theory was sloppily introduced, it doesn't make sense... I see that Liu Min was possessed during those fights, but still its just poorly written and put together.

It has some big melodrammatic episodes that are good and well executed like the mom from the village that got it by the Sichuan earthquake and the Emma story but thats it. Animes with time travel like SteinsGate, Rezero or thrillers like OddTaxi, Baccano and others are miles better as a whole package than this.
WhiteTestamentMar 14, 2023 3:22 PM
Mar 14, 2023 9:29 PM
Jan 2022
when's the nxt season
Mar 15, 2023 7:38 AM
Seigi no Mikata

Sep 2021
WhiteTestament said:
We have subpar characters with defined traits, two main characters with random powers that never got fully explained.

I mean there is another mastermind that can possess multiple people at once from nowhere, no real clues are shown during the course of the show... it just happens. Just to have a stupid twist. Even the alternate timeline theory was sloppily introduced, it doesn't make sense... I see that Liu Min was possessed during those fights, but still its just poorly written and put together.
Remember when the truth of Titan in AOT only gets revealed in late ss3 or the origin of Stand Arrow in Jojo only gets revealed in Part 5? At least wait until the show is finished to state your opinion. 

WhiteTestament said:
average animations
Ok but can you differentiate between artstyle and animation?

WhiteTestament said:
I still don't understand why Emma wants to jump from the bridge, there isn't really a valide motive. Is it because her death was set in stone when Cheng send that message and changed her past so she had to die no matter what?
It was clearly explained through her flashback and conversation with Xiaoshi, did you just skip that part or did the bad subtitle confuse you?

Mar 15, 2023 10:58 AM

Jan 2009
kizumi91 said:
WhiteTestament said:
We have subpar characters with defined traits, two main characters with random powers that never got fully explained.

I mean there is another mastermind that can possess multiple people at once from nowhere, no real clues are shown during the course of the show... it just happens. Just to have a stupid twist. Even the alternate timeline theory was sloppily introduced, it doesn't make sense... I see that Liu Min was possessed during those fights, but still its just poorly written and put together.
Remember when the truth of Titan in AOT only gets revealed in late ss3 or the origin of Stand Arrow in Jojo only gets revealed in Part 5? At least wait until the show is finished to state your opinion. 

WhiteTestament said:
average animations
Ok but can you differentiate between artstyle and animation?

WhiteTestament said:
I still don't understand why Emma wants to jump from the bridge, there isn't really a valide motive. Is it because her death was set in stone when Cheng send that message and changed her past so she had to die no matter what?
It was clearly explained through her flashback and conversation with Xiaoshi, did you just skip that part or did the bad subtitle confuse you?

Yeah, but the writing, foreshadowing and characters of AoT are levels above this one, it's not even close. This introduction of an evil guy who can enter multiple pictures at the same time and possess people like it's nothing seems to be there just for shock value. 

Obviously there will be a reason since this guy seems to know Cheng ("the game is reset" or whatever it said at the end) and it has been just vaguely hinted by LiuMin (when he refers that it's someone else doing the killing) but it still feels so badly put together with almost no tought behind.

In this first season we dont know why our MCs can time travel, how they do it and furthermore Cheng seems definitely stupid more than in one instance. Lu tells him every single episode that he has to go with the script, change nothing, don't go overboard and yet, Cheng fails every single time. The explanation of multiple alternate reality created by him is just... put there. And that's the reason for the double attack of LiuMin (or whoever is possessing him) against LuGuang in the studio and Cheng inside Xu's body. 

As for Emma... I get it, her course of life has been changed by that single message that Cheng sent in EP1, that is why her parents come visit her at the city and why she rushes toward the station meeting LiuMin... but I still dont get it. Why would she want to kill herself? Just because she can't text back her parents? It seems idiotic and beyond laughable. What I don't get is... in the first EP LuGuang is perplexed at the end to find out that Emma died later that night, so Cheng actually is the reason for her death, even if throghout the season we are costantly reminded that the past cant be changed. Death can't be changed, there are nodes that would occur no matter what, so thats why she wants to kill herself?

As for the animations they are serviceable.. I guess? It's like watching an animated webtoon and thats fine. There are a lot of reused scenes and screenshots toward the end. The budget should have been pretty tight I think. 

I still think this is way overrated and that there are a lot of time travel or thriller anime that are actually good/great compared to this. 
I wanted really to like it but not everything is for everyone.
WhiteTestamentMar 15, 2023 11:02 AM
Mar 15, 2023 12:31 PM
Seigi no Mikata

Sep 2021
WhiteTestament said:
Yeah, but the writing, foreshadowing and characters of AoT are levels above this one, it's not even close. This introduction of an evil guy who can enter multiple pictures at the same time and possess people like it's nothing seems to be there just for shock value. 

Obviously there will be a reason since this guy seems to know Cheng ("the game is reset" or whatever it said at the end) and it has been just vaguely hinted by LiuRen (when he refers that it's someone else doing the killing) but it still feels so badly put together with almost no tought behind.

In this first season we dont know why our MCs can time travel, how they do it and furthermore Cheng seems definitely stupid more than in instance. Lu tells him every single episode that he has to go with the script, change nothing, don't go overboard and yet, Cheng fails every single time. The explanation of multiple alternate reality created by him is just... put there. And that's the reason for the double attack of LiuRen (or whoever is possessing him) against LuGuang in the studio and Cheng inside Xu's body.
AOT has like 25 episodes of the first season for introduction and world-building, next 12 episodes for some small reveals and the whole 22 episodes of ss3 for big reveals. How can it be compared to an 11 episode Anime with 3/4 of total runtime is drama of multiple people and only last 3 episodes actually focuses on the overaching story??? Steins;Gate would have suffered the same issue if it has ended after the first 12 episodes.

And just to clarify, if you actually pay attention you will realize there's a condition for the evil guy to trigger his ability of possessing people. Talking about forshadowing in this show, hmm, maybe I'll write a blog to debunk it when I've time.

WhiteTestament said:
As for Emma... I get it, her course of life has been changed by that single message that Cheng sent in EP1, that is why her parents come visit her at the city and why she rushes toward the station meeting LiuMin... but I still dont get it. Why would she want to kill herself? Just because she can't text back her parents? It seems idiotic and beyond laughable.
First episode introduced that she has always been under pressure of abusing and overworking, eats dirty food and can't have proper sleep. Later, her CFO got arrested for financial fraud. As his assistant, Emma more or less was involved and lost her job and could never work in that field ever again. In the last episode, it also revealed she actually knew about his affair but just happened to turn a blind eye to it for the bribe. She acknowledged that she has degenerated into a bad person, no different than her CFO. Because of her self-esteem, she was in great torment, thinking about her parents just make her more depressed. That's why when she confronted Xiaoshi, she was bawling her eye out "Could you help me go back to square one? Then I can start over". Her phone broke here was just the last straw that led to her suicide. Isn't it too hard to understand?

WhiteTestament said:
What I don't get is... in the first EP LuGuang is perplexed at the end to find out that Emma died later that night, so Cheng actually is the reason for her death, even if throghout the season we are costantly reminded that the past cant be changed. Death can't be changed, there are nodes that would occur no matter what, so thats why she wants to kill herself?
The past CAN be changed but major nodes like death are not. Emma will utterly die no matter what, in the original timeline she was suicide but in the new timeline, the evil guy just killed her by possessing her body.

WhiteTestament said:
As for the animations they are serviceable.. I guess? It's like watching an animated webtoon and thats fine. There are a lot of reused scenes and screenshots toward the end. The budget should have been pretty tight I think. 
The character designer is a Korean so indeed, it does looks like an animated webtoon. If you talk about the reused scenes and screenshots in Xiaoshi and Emma's conversation then it was used for the narrative purpose, not because of a tight budget, just look at the OP, ED and the animation in episode 3.

WhiteTestament said:
I still think this is way overrated and that there are a lot of time travel or thriller anime that are actually good/great compared to this. 
I wanted really to like it but not everything is for everyone.
I don't get why you keep forcing it to be thriller and saying it's bad when the show was meant to be drama and mystery in the first place.
kizumi91Mar 16, 2023 4:06 AM
Apr 3, 2023 10:03 PM
Aug 2022
I love the designs and animations
Apr 5, 2023 7:14 AM
Sep 2021
I think it was amazing. Art syle was good too. I seriously hate cliff hangers tho but it was a good clif hanger. Im looking forward to the 2nd season if there is one!
Pages (7) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shiguang Dailiren Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stardew - Apr 30, 2021

168 by UtamiQQ »»
Apr 17, 7:02 AM

Poll: » Shiguang Dailiren Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

ilalochezia - May 13, 2021

57 by Mjohlnir »»
Apr 10, 8:44 PM

» Some logic questons

TheMageDalamar - Apr 1

11 by Soffy321 »»
Apr 6, 1:20 AM

Poll: » Shiguang Dailiren Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

mystrias - May 20, 2021

152 by x340 »»
Apr 4, 8:54 AM

Poll: » Shiguang Dailiren Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

ilalochezia - Apr 30, 2021

77 by Mailo91 »»
Mar 27, 4:47 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.