Forum Settings
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
Jun 15, 2021 4:15 AM
Jul 2020
Like literally what was the point here?
First: If he have seen the future won't using founding Titian's power at the best should be done.

Second: Killing 80 percent population didn't had any point. Even though in the future paridise island was going to be destroyed.

Third: Ymir backstory don't do justice and most of the story have plot holes.

Fourth: How did he find freedom in all this?

( I am a diehard fan of Aot and I appreciate the ending no hate I just wanna listen to your opinion so I can figure out his whole plan)
Jun 15, 2021 4:26 AM
Apr 2021
Eren didn't accomplish anything he died a useless man, simp, clown and hypocrite with no principles, he didn't even know what will happen after his death

in defeat he shouldn't have monged, he should have stayed true to his motives and actions, he was right to call Armin a useless soldier who fell in love with an enemy brutal soldier, having no plan but useless talk no justo to save Paradise.
JosephSaber40Jun 15, 2021 4:50 AM
Jun 15, 2021 4:55 AM
Jan 2021
No, and I think that was the point. He committed a horrible crime and lost in the end. Think of him like Light Yagami. AnR theorist were delusional because it was clear that Isayama wasn't gonna make Eren win after what he's done.
Jun 15, 2021 5:03 AM
Apr 2021
Xenophorm12 said:
No, and I think that was the point. He committed a horrible crime and lost in the end. Think of him like Light Yagami. AnR theorist were delusional because it was clear that Isayama wasn't gonna make Eren win after what he's done.

Yams previously stated he was preparing for an AnR tragic ending similar to the movie the mist but he changed it to spare the fans a tragic finale, really pathetic.
Jun 15, 2021 5:10 AM
Jan 2021
JosephSaber40 said:
Xenophorm12 said:

Yams previously stated he was preparing for an AnR tragic ending similar to the movie the mist but he changed it to spare the fans a tragic finale, really pathetic.
He changed it because he didn't wanna be called genocide approver. And that's the reason why Eldia got annihilated in the extra pages - you know, to show Eren's genocide didn't matter in the end and Fascist Eldian state probably didn't accept the peace offer proposed by remaining countries.
Jun 15, 2021 5:16 AM
Jan 2021
engich said:
Xenophorm12 said:
He changed it because he didn't wanna be called genocide approver. And that's the reason why Eldia got annihilated in the extra pages - you know, to show Eren's genocide didn't matter in the end and Fascist Eldian state probably didn't accept the peace offer proposed by remaining countries.

You probably should read editor's interview where he says that it's fine if aot approves genocide because people will start to think that genocide is bad or something
Do u have link, I wanna read it.
Jun 15, 2021 5:18 AM

Sep 2014
engich said:
Xenophorm12 said:

You probably should read editor's interview where he says that it's fine if aot approves genocide because people will start to think that genocide is bad or something

That interview is laughable and only serves the purpose of damage control.
Jun 15, 2021 5:21 AM
Sep 2020
Didn't change anything. That retard could have went with zeke's plan . He could have protected all of his friends as well as people until they died of old age. But the clown instead wiped out 80% of population and got his own country destroyed a few decades later.
Jun 15, 2021 5:26 AM
Jan 2021
engich said:
Xenophorm12 said:

I guess you can find it in another thread

My point is: editor doesn't make the ending look better with takes like this. Thanks to aot I'm finally able to understand that genocide is bad?

Also Eren treatment as some tragic hero is just bad. "Thank you", "What a man you are", etc.
Interesting interview indeed 🤨
Jun 15, 2021 5:38 AM
Jan 2021
engich said:
Xenophorm12 said:

I guess you can find it in another thread

Edit: I saw tweets with 5k+ likes saying that "Eren should've been redeemed". I even saw a tweet saying that Eren is a Jesus of aot world.
Yeah, well, If I was Isayama, I'd complete the Rumbling however destroy Paradis afterwards through civil wars and climate change etc. I can see what Isayama was trying to do with the ending we got but he kinda fucked up I guess.
Jun 15, 2021 9:57 AM
Jul 2018
he didn't accomplish anything, that's why we don't like it, in fact, the world is in a worse place now than if Eren would've never been born
Jun 16, 2021 3:06 AM
Apr 2021
Xenophorm12 said:
JosephSaber40 said:

there are many bad guys who escaped punishment in history applying that in a coherent story doesn't necessarily means that the author approves of his action as we can see with the Eternal Champion, what matters in the story is consistency Isayama demonstrated perfectly how Eren was wrong with Ramzy's death, and showed us another better solutions like Kyomi's 50 years plan everyone knows that Eren was wrong not to sacrifice Historia to do what's right and that his biggest moral flaw, but in 139 the story glorifies hypocrisy we see Armin thanking Eren for his crimes before pretending to be the hero who killed him, we see the alliance mourn Eren's death, we see Mikasa visiting his grave throughout her lifetime despite his crimes seriously why she killed him in the first place, besides hypocrisy the story glorifies rape, Isayama portray the abusive relationship between Fritz and Ymir as true love story, not only Ymir he shipped Historia with her childhood bully, and put so much emphasis between EM where Eren explicitly insulted Mikasa telling her she's a slave.

nobody understands what's the moral of this story.

while AnR is about consequences, the consequence of hate, the consequence of incompetence and hesitation, the importance of putting your moral values above your loved ones (Eren clearly missed out that point), it's a realistic cruel ending with big impact.
Jun 16, 2021 4:24 AM
Sep 2020
Ahsan_1 said:
Didn't change anything. That retard could have went with zeke's plan . He could have protected all of his friends as well as people until they died of old age. But the clown instead wiped out 80% of population and got his own country destroyed a few decades later.
I'm pretty sure a hundred years has passed when paradis got destroyed
Jun 16, 2021 4:40 AM
Sep 2020
JosephSaber40 said:
Xenophorm12 said:

there are many bad guys who escaped punishment in history applying that in a coherent story doesn't necessarily means that the author approves of his action as we can see with the Eternal Champion, what matters in the story is consistency Isayama demonstrated perfectly how Eren was wrong with Ramzy's death, and showed us another better solutions like Kyomi's 50 years plan everyone knows that Eren was wrong not to sacrifice Historia to do what's right and that his biggest moral flaw, but in 139 the story glorifies hypocrisy we see Armin thanking Eren for his crimes before pretending to be the hero who killed him, we see the alliance mourn Eren's death, we see Mikasa visiting his grave throughout her lifetime despite his crimes seriously why she killed him in the first place, besides hypocrisy the story glorifies rape, Isayama portray the abusive relationship between Fritz and Ymir as true love story, not only Ymir he shipped Historia with her childhood bully, and put so much emphasis between EM where Eren explicitly insulted Mikasa telling her she's a slave.

nobody understands what's the moral of this story.

while AnR is about consequences, the consequence of hate, the consequence of incompetence and hesitation, the importance of putting your moral values above your loved ones (Eren clearly missed out that point), it's a realistic cruel ending with big impact.
Ymir is basically the biggest degenerate in the entire show like she literally made eren suffer and drove him to a corner where "he has to basically kill 80% of humanity and kill his own mother" just she could move on from her obsession with king frizt lol
Jun 16, 2021 5:10 AM
Jun 2021
Nameera said:
Like literally what was the point here?
First: If he have seen the future won't using founding Titian's power at the best should be done.

Second: Killing 80 percent population didn't had any point. Even though in the future paridise island was going to be destroyed.

Third: Ymir backstory don't do justice and most of the story have plot holes.

Fourth: How did he find freedom in all this?

( I am a diehard fan of Aot and I appreciate the ending no hate I just wanna listen to your opinion so I can figure out his whole plan)
yes literally eren sees the future of paradis, he knows in a few decades it will definitely be destroyed, but he still gives a chance to his friends to show that the path of peace is possible, even though in the end they can't and paradis is still destroyed, lol I think the floch king must be laughing at this joke
Jun 16, 2021 5:31 AM

May 2021
No it didn't and that's why I think Eren deserved a better ending to his character. And I blame Isayama for that.
Jun 16, 2021 6:06 AM

Jul 2016
Nameera said:

I am a diehard fan of Aot and I appreciate the ending no hate I just wanna listen to your opinion so I can figure out his whole plan

There isn't much to figure, the only thing people will tell you to get is that your reading ability is bad that you didn't see the whole story was about Eren-Mikasa romance, which it clearly wasn't.

The ending and the whole series deserves hate for how much it downgraded in the last arc, so no need to keep this "no hate" stance. Accept that the series was one of the best ones out there (atleast for you and me) but got destroyed so hard that it isn't worth your time.

The sooner you overlook the fact that it is/was your favorite series, the sooner you look at this disaster more objectively and move on to something better.
7x
Jun 16, 2021 7:05 AM

Apr 2017
he wanted his friends to live long lives...other than that, he achieved fuckall
Jun 16, 2021 10:17 AM

Aug 2020
SaitamaTheman said:
Ahsan_1 said:
I'm pretty sure a hundred years has passed when paradis got destroyed
If it took a century for the paradis to be destroyed as seen in the final panels, then the ending is unrealistic since I do not see the sense that nations or countries agree to bomb a country that did nothing for 100 years, moreover They must be too immature in that world to do that without any need. The other reason I can think of is that Paradis went into another war and was bombed, but if so, the Marleyans were always right and the Eldians were always the evil ones lol.
a wise user of MAL said:
Just to clarify, adaptations should absolutely stand on their own
Jun 16, 2021 2:49 PM
Jan 2020
He wanted their friends to live a long life so... appart from Sasha (*sob* *sob*) all of them had a long and happy life. Eren succeeded, I guess
Jun 16, 2021 5:10 PM
Apr 2021
engich said:
MisutaaPurinsu said:
He wanted their friends to live a long life so... appart from Sasha (*sob* *sob*) all of them had a long and happy life. Eren succeeded, I guess

With FT power and ability to control titans he could save Hange btw. It seems that Karina Braun is a better "friend".

Here we go again.
He could have done many things but he did not do it so as not to risk the final result.

He had no intention of changing anything on that single timeline.

That is why it is said that destiny is already predetermined and that is why Eren is a prisoner of his own destiny.

Because the end result that he wants forced him to do things that he doesn't want.
Jun 16, 2021 5:39 PM

Aug 2020
ezz365 said:
engich said:

With FT power and ability to control titans he could save Hange btw. It seems that Karina Braun is a better "friend".

Here we go again.
He could have done many things but he did not do it so as not to risk the final result.

He had no intention of changing anything on that single timeline.

That is why it is said that destiny is already predetermined and that is why Eren is a prisoner of his own destiny.

Because the end result that he wants forced him to do things that he doesn't want.
It sounds like a very convenient plot armor, we could use that argument in every plot hole of any series saying "this was destiny and this is how it had to happen.
a wise user of MAL said:
Just to clarify, adaptations should absolutely stand on their own
Jun 16, 2021 6:09 PM
Dec 2020
Xenophorm12 said:
JosephSaber40 said:

this garbage ending here approves genocide way more than AnR
Attack on Titan ended with chapter 123 and 130/131 is the epilogue
Jun 17, 2021 4:15 PM
Apr 2021
@SaitamaTheman

Ymir loving Frtiz doesn't make any sense, besides that it has no build up in the story, we can see Ymir surrenders to her wounds letting herself die instead of healing herself, she even defied the royal blood when she gave Eren her powers, all those contradictions show you how the ending is a last minute-chagne ,and that those fools Isayama and his trash editor wanted us to believe that they planned this ending from the start WoW.
Jun 21, 2021 9:04 AM

Mar 2010
Just finished reading this and perhaps the whole point was to show that it was pointless all along, you can't change humanities' hostility and greed and distrust.

But even if that's true, the value of the story, what's the value of it all if it's so pointless. It's like we expect a change, a result, when we consume a story. And we didn't get that.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 138 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

deg - Mar 5, 2021

1128 by Berry-Vodka »»
9 hours ago

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 139 / Ending Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

NextUniverse - Apr 7, 2021

1875 by Berry-Vodka »»
9 hours ago

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 4 Discussion

MagEarwhig - Sep 11, 2011

25 by HenryDanger »»
Apr 24, 6:34 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 141 Discussion

venti_e - Sep 30, 2022

32 by Berry-Vodka »»
Apr 20, 1:36 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 77 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 7, 2016

137 by Berry-Vodka »»
Mar 31, 12:03 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.