Forum Settings
Forums

[CSS - MODERN] ⭐️ Moving and customizing all individual text and sections on the layout

New
Jun 8, 2021 11:23 AM

Feb 2010
This topic is part of our CSS Tutorials and Add-ons section: https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=2077862

This tutorial is how you can customize and move individual text and sections on any list layout! You can even make your own buttons (with graphics you make) for your list.

Step 1. Find the section below under Codes with the part you want to change.
Look through the codes in the spoiler, and try to find the name of the part you want to move or customize (see examples below for more info).

Copy and paste that code and codes in the brackets under it to the bottom of your CSS and save. The codes in the bracket (like the colors) control that individual part. You can move it with the left and top codes from there (more on this in later steps).

Examples

Step 2. Move or customize the section with the code
Now that you have the codes to control that individual part, move the section or text where you want with the numbers after the left and right codes. You can do other customization if you know the codes (see below). Save after.

Right now they are set at 0px, you'll have to change the numbers to something like -50px or 100px and figure out exactly what number works. This is much easier with Inspect Element in Firefox since you can do a live preview. At this point, you may want to learn Inspect Element to make things easier since you are now doing advanced editing (congrats!).

Important!
If you have trouble moving text, you can also change "relative" after position to "absolute" or "fixed" for more moving options. This is useful if you find text is moving other text. Also, changing "left" and "top" to "margin-left" and "margin-top" can also work in some rare cases.

Add a background (optional)

This is how people make custom buttons! They add backgrounds to individual sections. You can move the section or change the colors with the default codes, but if you add these codes you can add a custom background image! Paste the codes BEFORE the last bracket.

background-image: url() !important;
background-position: left center !important;
background-repeat: no-repeat !important;
background-size: cover !important;
background-attachment: fixed !important;

Examples

You can learn to make your own graphics for the buttons with graphic design tools:
https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=419631

Codes

List Table Codes
If you are trying to widen or move the entire list table itself, you can use these codes. Remove top and left if you want them centered. As alternatives, try absolute instead of relative

.list-container {
position: relative;
background-color: red !important;
width: 1500px;
top: 0px !important;
left: 0px !important;
}

.list-block{
position: relative;
background-color: orange !important;
width: 1300px;
margin: auto;
}

Header Codes

These are the basic header codes for the logo and the "Viewing your anime list" text. I have more advanced codes if you are trying to make even more unique changes.

More advanced header codes

Side-menu Codes

The first set of codes control the entire side menu position, the following codes customize individual parts. Use the names to help identify each section. The names make them easy to identify.

Category Menu Codes

The first codes control the entire bar behind the buttons, the next control the individual buttons. The names make them easy to identify.

Category Bar Codes

The names make them easy to identify.

Column Header Codes

The names make them easy to identify, but the colors make it clear what header is controlled. Keep in mind there is one separate code for the link/text and one code for the area around the text.

Table Codes

The names make them easy to identify, but the colors make it clear what part is controlled.

Footer and Copyright Codes

The names make them easy to identify, but the colors make it clear what part is controlled.

Shishio-kunMay 1, 2023 1:35 PM
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Jul 21, 2023 1:18 PM

Apr 2013
Is it possible to use something like "order:" to rearrange headers/columns within the list table, instead of trying to hard-code left/right positional values?
Jul 21, 2023 11:58 PM

Feb 2010
ArbiterofWhim said:
Is it possible to use something like "order:" to rearrange headers/columns within the list table, instead of trying to hard-code left/right positional values?

Stuff on order can be found here

https://www.w3schools.com/cssref/css3_pr_order.php
https://www.w3schools.com/cssref/tryit.php?filename=trycss3_order

If I add the flex code to the header (forces all the headers to have that property) and then add order to the number and title selectors, I can move rotate their order, so I imagine you can re-order all the headers with these codes

.list-table .list-table-header {
display: flex !important;}

.list-table .list-table-header .header-title.number {
background-color: teal!important;
displaY: flex !important;
order: 2 !important;;
}

.list-table .list-table-header .header-title.title {
background-color: cyan!important;
displaY: flex !important;
order: 1 !important;;
}

the columns are similar so you could do the same with them, I would think. You can always try and let us know what happened or what codes you used; we might be able to continue on what you started or suggest something to make it work.

Jul 22, 2023 9:38 AM

Apr 2013
@Shishio-kun
I went ahead and used flex/order, but unfortunately flex seems to remove the default width/fill settings. All the values started clumping together and overlapping a bit, so I had to manually adjust the widths as well.
/* give the columns flex positioning so they can be ordered */
.list-table .list-table-header,
.list-table .list-table-data{
display: flex !important;
}
.list-table .list-table-header .header-title.number,
.list-table .list-table-data .data.number{
order: 1 !important;
width: 20px !important;
}
.list-table .list-table-header .header-title.image{
order: 2 !important;
}
.list-table .list-table-header .header-title.title,
.list-table .list-table-data .data.title{
order: 3 !important;
width: 60% !important;
}
.list-table .list-table-header .header-title.score,
.list-table .list-table-data .data.score{
order: 4 !important;
width: 50px !important;
}
.list-table .list-table-header .header-title.type,
.list-table .list-table-data .data.type{
order: 5 !important;
width: 55px !important;
}
.list-table .list-table-header .header-title.progress,
.list-table .list-table-data .data.progress{
order: 6 !important;
width: 70px !important;
}
.list-table .list-table-header .header-title.tags,
.list-table .list-table-data .data.tags{
order: 100 !important;
width: 80px !important;
}
.list-table .list-table-header .header-title.started,
.list-table .list-table-data .data.started{
order: 7 !important;
}
.list-table .list-table-header .header-title.finished,
.list-table .list-table-data .data.finished{
order: 8 !important;
}
.list-table .list-table-header .header-title.studio,
.list-table .list-table-data .data.studio{
order: 9 !important;
width: 100px !important;
}
.list-table .list-table-header .header-title.priority,
.list-table .list-table-data .data.priority{
order: 10 !important;
width: 95px !important;
}

and here's what it looks like (with some added borders and ad hoc padding to make the header and data cell right-side borders line up)

The code definitely isn't super pretty lol.
Jul 22, 2023 1:08 PM

Feb 2010
ArbiterofWhim said:
@Shishio-kun
I went ahead and used flex/order, but unfortunately flex seems to remove the default width/fill settings. All the values started clumping together and overlapping a bit, so I had to manually adjust the widths as well.
/* give the columns flex positioning so they can be ordered */
.list-table .list-table-header,
.list-table .list-table-data{
display: flex !important;
}
.list-table .list-table-header .header-title.number,
.list-table .list-table-data .data.number{
order: 1 !important;
width: 20px !important;
}
.list-table .list-table-header .header-title.image{
order: 2 !important;
}
.list-table .list-table-header .header-title.title,
.list-table .list-table-data .data.title{
order: 3 !important;
width: 60% !important;
}
.list-table .list-table-header .header-title.score,
.list-table .list-table-data .data.score{
order: 4 !important;
width: 50px !important;
}
.list-table .list-table-header .header-title.type,
.list-table .list-table-data .data.type{
order: 5 !important;
width: 55px !important;
}
.list-table .list-table-header .header-title.progress,
.list-table .list-table-data .data.progress{
order: 6 !important;
}
.list-table .list-table-header .header-title.tags,
.list-table .list-table-data .data.tags{
order: 100 !important;
width: 80px !important;
}
.list-table .list-table-header .header-title.started,
.list-table .list-table-data .data.started{
order: 7 !important;
}
.list-table .list-table-header .header-title.finished,
.list-table .list-table-data .data.finished{
order: 8 !important;
}
.list-table .list-table-header .header-title.studio,
.list-table .list-table-data .data.studio{
order: 9 !important;
width: 100px !important;
}
.list-table .list-table-header .header-title.priority,
.list-table .list-table-data .data.priority{
order: 10 !important;
width: 95px !important;
}

and here's what it looks like (with some added borders and ad hoc padding to make the header and data cell right-side borders line up)

The code definitely isn't super pretty lol.

I think it's turning out well, everything seems to be adjustable you can also give some width to the tables so they accommodate better

.list-unit {
  width: 1424px;
}

.list-container {
  width: 1458px;
}

I think there's one more table code but they look better with those imo. I would just go from here reordering every table by category until everything looks right for you. In a worse case scenario you can use the category page specific selectors to override the order with another order @_@
Jul 22, 2023 1:20 PM
平沢唯

Dec 2016
@ArbiterofWhim If you need any help using Flex box here's the guide I constantly referenced when I was still figuring it out: https://css-tricks.com/snippets/css/a-guide-to-flexbox/

I've found css-tricks guides are quite good for getting a more complete grasp of any topic the first time 'round.
Sep 15, 2023 8:00 AM
Apr 2023
Is there any way I can change the text of Column headers

I tried this guide and also tried to do trial and error using https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1930157 this post as well
However I couldnt have any results

(i was originally trying to change my tags column title to "Genres" because I happen to put genres in the tags so its easier to check my list
sarv_gSep 15, 2023 8:34 AM

HEYYY HEYYY HEYYYYYYY

I hope you're having a good day!
Add me as friend on discord if u wanna talk about anime some time!
Username: Knight Rider#2763
Sep 15, 2023 7:01 PM
平沢唯

Dec 2016
Reply to sarv_g
Is there any way I can change the text of Column headers

I tried this guide and also tried to do trial and error using https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1930157 this post as well
However I couldnt have any results

(i was originally trying to change my tags column title to "Genres" because I happen to put genres in the tags so its easier to check my list
@sarv_g It should be very similar to the thread you linked. Basically once you've got the correct selector you set the "font-size" to 0 and add a ::before or an ::after selector with a non-zero "font-size" and the "content" property with the new text. For instance, for the tag header column:
.header-title.tags {
	font-size: 0;
}
.header-title.tags::before {
	content: "Genres :)";
	font-size: 11px;
}

This uses a shortened version of the selector from this thread and the method from the thread you linked to change the text.
Sep 15, 2023 7:06 PM
Apr 2023
Reply to Valerio_Lyndon
@sarv_g It should be very similar to the thread you linked. Basically once you've got the correct selector you set the "font-size" to 0 and add a ::before or an ::after selector with a non-zero "font-size" and the "content" property with the new text. For instance, for the tag header column:
.header-title.tags {
}
}

This uses a shortened version of the selector from this thread and the method from the thread you linked to change the text.
@Valerio_Lyndon
Oohhh wow that is so smart

I did try using the
.header-title.tags:before
selector
however the "tags" portion was still left after the "Genres" text

but by reducing the Font Size to 0, that "Tags" wont show anymore as its font is reduced
This is very smart! Thanks so much for this

HEYYY HEYYY HEYYYYYYY

Sep 16, 2023 12:21 PM
平沢唯

Dec 2016
Reply to sarv_g
@Valerio_Lyndon
Oohhh wow that is so smart

I did try using the
.header-title.tags:before
selector
however the "tags" portion was still left after the "Genres" text

but by reducing the Font Size to 0, that "Tags" wont show anymore as its font is reduced
This is very smart! Thanks so much for this
@sarv_g It's a pretty neat trick. :) A lot of CSS, especially here where we have no control over the page HTML, is finding methods to work around the limitations of being only a styling langauge. I've always found this to be a fun puzzle, maybe you will to! If you're ever Googling a CSS problem, Stackoverflow (user Q&A website) and CSS-Tricks (blog/article website) are places I have found to have useful guides or answers. Some of the language definitely flew over my head early on but they still proved very handy while learning how to center a div.
Sep 16, 2023 1:36 PM
Apr 2023
Reply to Valerio_Lyndon
@sarv_g It's a pretty neat trick. :) A lot of CSS, especially here where we have no control over the page HTML, is finding methods to work around the limitations of being only a styling langauge. I've always found this to be a fun puzzle, maybe you will to! If you're ever Googling a CSS problem, Stackoverflow (user Q&A website) and CSS-Tricks (blog/article website) are places I have found to have useful guides or answers. Some of the language definitely flew over my head early on but they still proved very handy while learning how to center a div.
@Valerio_Lyndon
hahaha yeah
I have never really worked with CSS before but I have been trying to understand everything. There are a lot of limitations but I guess if we think smartly, many of them can also be solved pretty neatly
I am gonna be making a completely new design of my own soon next (because I wanna try it once atleast), so maybe all this knowledge will come handy then at once

Thanks again btw!

HEYYY HEYYY HEYYYYYYY

Sep 16, 2023 2:47 PM
Apr 2023
ah im back here again because I ran into more issues

Basically this is on a different layout (Clarity layout)
on clarity layout, I customized the seasons to look as a block as well and trying to color it
However when I did that, the block started overlapping with the tags column next to it
I tried to move the progress and score section to the right so that I could make space for section, however it did not work

the code I was using was this

There are so many issues with it
firstly when I shift the score column, the black circle and score itself gets disoriented
secondly, when I shift progress column, the "progress" doesnt move and in the "currently watching" section, it even disorients as well
and lastly, when I move one column, I am unable to move the 2nd one as well. Like lets say I move both seasons and progress, then only the column which was designated to move firstly, moves but the other doesnt.

I think it might be bcos im using clarity, that this issue is arising. I am not sure at all

HEYYY HEYYY HEYYYYYYY

Nov 11, 2023 10:00 PM

Jun 2021
Reply to sarv_g
ah im back here again because I ran into more issues

Basically this is on a different layout (Clarity layout)
on clarity layout, I customized the seasons to look as a block as well and trying to color it
However when I did that, the block started overlapping with the tags column next to it
I tried to move the progress and score section to the right so that I could make space for section, however it did not work

the code I was using was this

There are so many issues with it
firstly when I shift the score column, the black circle and score itself gets disoriented
secondly, when I shift progress column, the "progress" doesnt move and in the "currently watching" section, it even disorients as well
and lastly, when I move one column, I am unable to move the 2nd one as well. Like lets say I move both seasons and progress, then only the column which was designated to move firstly, moves but the other doesnt.

I think it might be bcos im using clarity, that this issue is arising. I am not sure at all
@sarv_g What you did for the seasons with the custom colors and emojis are pretty cool.

So this code is for the season (from the guide above):

/* SEASON */
.list-table .list-table-data .data.season a{
color: grey !important;
position: relative !important;
}

but how can I make it like in the shared photo above?

Hmm... Is that possible for the Modern List Design's Default Theme? 😅 I wanna try that on my list too.
Nov 12, 2023 1:07 AM

Feb 2010
@IridescentJaune youd have to add the code they posted to Clarity, or possibly their Clarity edits. When I do this with current Clarity, it is fine, it works as expected and moves the tags a bit + would require the other sections moved with manual codes- if you moved tags too much to the left or right

https://pastebin.com/raw/gjsYvvrY
(tags I made red)

They arent using Clarity now, so I guess they dont want to use it anymore, or it was an issue that was fixed in the past 6 weeks

@sarv_g if you have your Clarity edit you can post it here for us to look at but the code works normally with Clarity, as far as I can see now

(I really like the background pic too O_O)
Nov 12, 2023 4:25 AM

Jun 2021
Reply to Shishio-kun
@IridescentJaune youd have to add the code they posted to Clarity, or possibly their Clarity edits. When I do this with current Clarity, it is fine, it works as expected and moves the tags a bit + would require the other sections moved with manual codes- if you moved tags too much to the left or right

(tags I made red)

They arent using Clarity now, so I guess they dont want to use it anymore, or it was an issue that was fixed in the past 6 weeks

@sarv_g if you have your Clarity edit you can post it here for us to look at but the code works normally with Clarity, as far as I can see now

@Shishio-kun Yeah, I was gonna inspect their code to learn how to implement the custom colors and emojis on the seasons or "Premiered" column but sadly they're now using a different layout. 😅 I tried looking for comments regarding that in the Clarity thread before but I haven't seen any (or just missed). Although, I've seen some lists way before with the same effect.

If I use

/* SEASON */
}

all the seasons just turn into whatever color I implement. I want to assign a specific color and emoji per season in my list like in the photo shared above.
Nov 12, 2023 5:32 AM

Feb 2010
Reply to IridescentJaune
@Shishio-kun Yeah, I was gonna inspect their code to learn how to implement the custom colors and emojis on the seasons or "Premiered" column but sadly they're now using a different layout. 😅 I tried looking for comments regarding that in the Clarity thread before but I haven't seen any (or just missed). Although, I've seen some lists way before with the same effect.

If I use

/* SEASON */
}

all the seasons just turn into whatever color I implement. I want to assign a specific color and emoji per season in my list like in the photo shared above.
@IridescentJaune

Try this? For 2023 spring color control

td.data.season > span > a[href*="/anime/season/2023/spring"]

{
color: red !important;
}

For the emoji?

td.data.season > span > a[href*="/anime/season/2023/spring"]:after

{
content: "🥰️";
}
Nov 12, 2023 7:06 AM

Jun 2021
Reply to Shishio-kun
@IridescentJaune

Try this? For 2023 spring color control

td.data.season > span > a[href*="/anime/season/2023/spring"]

{
}

For the emoji?

td.data.season > span > a[href*="/anime/season/2023/spring"]:after

{
content: "🥰️";
}
@Shishio-kun It worked. But will I have to manually do that for ALL seasons? 😭😂 It's fine to do it manually for the 4 seasons but there are years too and not just Winter, Spring, Summer, Fall. I could already imagine the lines of code. 😅 I checked Clarity's source code on GitHub but I've difficulty finding the selectors they used for seasons or "Premiered".
Nov 12, 2023 7:12 AM

Feb 2010
Reply to IridescentJaune
@Shishio-kun It worked. But will I have to manually do that for ALL seasons? 😭😂 It's fine to do it manually for the 4 seasons but there are years too and not just Winter, Spring, Summer, Fall. I could already imagine the lines of code. 😅 I checked Clarity's source code on GitHub but I've difficulty finding the selectors they used for seasons or "Premiered".
@IridescentJaune

Maybe do a big list with copy/paste and edit the years like this?

td.data.season > span > a[href*="/anime/season/2023/spring"],
td.data.season > span > a[href*="/anime/season/2022/spring"],
td.data.season > span > a[href*="/anime/season/2021/spring"],
td.data.season > span > a[href*="/anime/season/2020/spring"],
td.data.season > span > a[href*="/anime/season/2019/spring"],
td.data.season > span > a[href*="/anime/season/2018/spring"],
td.data.season > span > a[href*="/anime/season/2017/spring"],
td.data.season > span > a[href*="/anime/season/2016/spring"],
td.data.season > span > a[href*="/anime/season/2015/spring"],
td.data.season > span > a[href*="/anime/season/2014/spring"],
td.data.season > span > a[href*="/anime/season/2013/spring"]
{
}

remember last css code in the list shouldnt have a comma at the end like spring 2013 in that list. VL with Clarity prob found a way to shorten the URLs to just spring and make it work with one selector line of code, I'm not good with that kinda thing my education was in networking not web design 😭

We used to have to give each individual anime on our lists its own individual cover code before cover code generators.... 😭😭😭

each one manually edited.. took forever 🥺️

Shishio-kunNov 12, 2023 7:16 AM
Nov 12, 2023 9:34 AM

Nov 2010
Alternatively, you can use Color-Coded Tags trick to change all links that end with 'spring'.

td.data.season > span > a[href$="spring"] {
     }
Nov 12, 2023 9:51 AM

Jun 2021
Reply to Shishio-kun
@IridescentJaune

Maybe do a big list with copy/paste and edit the years like this?

td.data.season > span > a[href*="/anime/season/2023/spring"],
td.data.season > span > a[href*="/anime/season/2022/spring"],
td.data.season > span > a[href*="/anime/season/2021/spring"],
td.data.season > span > a[href*="/anime/season/2020/spring"],
td.data.season > span > a[href*="/anime/season/2019/spring"],
td.data.season > span > a[href*="/anime/season/2018/spring"],
td.data.season > span > a[href*="/anime/season/2017/spring"],
td.data.season > span > a[href*="/anime/season/2016/spring"],
td.data.season > span > a[href*="/anime/season/2015/spring"],
td.data.season > span > a[href*="/anime/season/2014/spring"],
td.data.season > span > a[href*="/anime/season/2013/spring"]
{
}

remember last css code in the list shouldnt have a comma at the end like spring 2013 in that list. VL with Clarity prob found a way to shorten the URLs to just spring and make it work with one selector line of code, I'm not good with that kinda thing my education was in networking not web design 😭

We used to have to give each individual anime on our lists its own individual cover code before cover code generators.... 😭😭😭

each one manually edited.. took forever 🥺️

@Shishio-kun I don't think I could do 1917-present (as I already gave up when I reached the 90s). That's just way too many plus x4 since there are 4 seasons. That's gonna be 400+ lines. 😭😂 I guess I'll just implement that for 2023 or the current season/s (even though I seldom watch seasonals) and then change the year later on.

I don't think they did it like that for Clarity. LOL.

OMG!
Nov 12, 2023 10:07 AM

Jun 2021
Reply to hideso
Alternatively, you can use Color-Coded Tags trick to change all links that end with 'spring'.

}
@hideso Oh, that worked and with the emoji code provided earlier too! 🤗 Yay!!! Thanks, y'all!
Nov 12, 2023 6:11 PM

Feb 2010
Reply to hideso

}
@hideso Oh that's perfect I'll think of a way to add this later, thanks!
Nov 13, 2023 5:30 AM

Jun 2021
Here are some codes. Just change the emojis and colors (HEX color codes) to your liking. Tweak the codes if you want.

Legend:
💙 - Winter (blue)
💖 - Spring (pink)
💚 - Summer (green)
🧡 - Fall (orange)
*I just used color coded heart emojis and default colors...

———————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————

If you want to to apply the effect to a certain season. Codes below are for 2023. Just change the year 2023 to whichever year.

Emojis before the season:
/*===========================================*\
|        Seasons or "Premiered" Column        |
\* ---- - --- - --- - --- - --- - --- - ---- */

/*Winter*/
td.data.season > span > a[href*="/anime/season/2023/winter"]:before {
    content: "💙";
}
td.data.season > span > a[href*="/anime/season/2023/winter"] {
    color: blue !important;
}

/*Spring*/
td.data.season > span > a[href*="/anime/season/2023/spring"]:before {
    content: "💖";
}
td.data.season > span > a[href*="/anime/season/2023/spring"] {
    color: pink !important;
}

/*Summer*/
td.data.season > span > a[href*="/anime/season/2023/summer"]:before {
    content: "💚";
}
td.data.season > span > a[href*="/anime/season/2023/summer"] {
    color: green !important;
}

/*Fall*/
td.data.season > span > a[href*="/anime/season/2023/fall"]:before {
    content: "🧡️";
}
td.data.season > span > a[href*="/anime/season/2023/fall"] {
    color: orange !important;
}
/*------------------------E-N-D-*/

Emojis after the season:
|        Seasons or "Premiered" Column        |

/*Winter*/
td.data.season > span > a[href*="/anime/season/2023/winter"]:after {
}
td.data.season > span > a[href*="/anime/season/2023/winter"] {
}

/*Spring*/
td.data.season > span > a[href*="/anime/season/2023/spring"]:after {
}
td.data.season > span > a[href*="/anime/season/2023/spring"] {
}

/*Summer*/
td.data.season > span > a[href*="/anime/season/2023/summer"]:after {
}
td.data.season > span > a[href*="/anime/season/2023/summer"] {
}

/*Fall*/
td.data.season > span > a[href*="/anime/season/2023/fall"]:after {
}
td.data.season > span > a[href*="/anime/season/2023/fall"] {
}

———————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————

For ALL Seasons (1917-Present)

Emojis before the season:
|      All Seasons or "Premiered" Column      |

/*Winter*/
td.data.season > span > a[href$="winter"]:before {
  }

td.data.season > span > a[href$="winter"] {
  }

/*Spring*/
  td.data.season > span > a[href$="spring"]:before {
  }

}

/*Summer*/
  td.data.season > span > a[href$="summer"]:before {
  }

td.data.season > span > a[href$="summer"] {
  }

/*Fall*/
  td.data.season > span > a[href$="fall"]:before {
  }

td.data.season > span > a[href$="fall"] {
  }

Emojis after the season:
|      All Seasons or "Premiered" Column      |

/*Winter*/
td.data.season > span > a[href$="winter"]:after {
  }

td.data.season > span > a[href$="winter"] {
  }

/*Spring*/
  td.data.season > span > a[href$="spring"]:after {
  }

}

/*Summer*/
  td.data.season > span > a[href$="summer"]:after {
  }

td.data.season > span > a[href$="summer"] {
  }

/*Fall*/
  td.data.season > span > a[href$="fall"]:after {
  }

td.data.season > span > a[href$="fall"] {
  }

---

P.S. I might add some images later on. LOL.

---

If you just want to add emojis and not change the font colors, then you can use this code from VL's Clarity theme:

/* ==============
Seasonal emojis*/
.data.season span a[href*="season"]::before {
	content: var(--gicon)
}
/* Winter */
a[href$="/winter"]::before {
	--gicon: "❄️"
}
/* Spring */
a[href$="/spring"]::before {
	--gicon: "🌸"
}
/* Summer */
a[href$="/summer"]::before {
	--gicon: "☀️"
}
/* Fall */
a[href$="/fall"]::before {
	--gicon: "🍂"
}

Just change 'before' to 'after' if you want emojis after the text.
IridescentJauneFeb 2, 4:19 PM
Nov 13, 2023 12:16 PM
Apr 2023
Reply to Shishio-kun

(tags I made red)

@Shishio-kun haha I actually still happen to have clarity edit of mine and I still love it. The reason I don't have it equiped is because I was working on adding a music player in my clarity edit but I had exams come up so I decided to leave the Css.

I'll post my clarity Edit later and see what code u are using because I actually couldn't figure that issue out myself either when I posted it here. I disabled that modification until I could find more but they just kept overlapping

the code i was using was
sarv_gNov 13, 2023 12:38 PM

HEYYY HEYYY HEYYYYYYY

Nov 13, 2023 12:59 PM
Apr 2023
Reply to sarv_g
@Shishio-kun haha I actually still happen to have clarity edit of mine and I still love it. The reason I don't have it equiped is because I was working on adding a music player in my clarity edit but I had exams come up so I decided to leave the Css.

I'll post my clarity Edit later and see what code u are using because I actually couldn't figure that issue out myself either when I posted it here. I disabled that modification until I could find more but they just kept overlapping

the code i was using was
@sarv_g https://pastebin.com/B9vZiPmV here is my entire clarity edit lol
the thing at the bottom of the code is what im having issue with. What I originally wanted was

so u this pic
i wanted to remove the whole "Premiered" writing at top and then make space between the tags (which are currently genres lol) and seasons
but when i do this in my CSS, they overlap. Plus im not even able to remove the whole "premiered" heading on top anymore either

the part that's doing this is at the bottom, its starting from where i wrote the whole
/* colors on seasons with changing the appearance of season as well */

since my code has the whole synopsis and the score styling as well. when i try to shift the other columns, something from the code always break lol
sarv_gNov 13, 2023 1:02 PM

HEYYY HEYYY HEYYYYYYY

Nov 16, 2023 1:57 AM

Nov 2010
@sarv_g

It's not easy to help you accomplish your goal or identify the code causing the issue without the modified layout in use. Perhaps temporarily switching to the problematic layout would make it more accessible for others to investigate the CSS code, test it, and provide assistance in resolving the issue.
Nov 16, 2023 12:50 PM
Apr 2023
Reply to hideso
@sarv_g

It's not easy to help you accomplish your goal or identify the code causing the issue without the modified layout in use. Perhaps temporarily switching to the problematic layout would make it more accessible for others to investigate the CSS code, test it, and provide assistance in resolving the issue.
@hideso oh but I left the pastebin link above with the whole code of the modified layout. I'll switch to clarity on mal again too I suppose lol. I wasn't using it cos the whole overlapping issue is still not fixed

HEYYY HEYYY HEYYYYYYY

Nov 16, 2023 1:38 PM

Nov 2010
sarv_g said:
i wanted to remove the whole "Premiered" writing at top and then make space between the tags (which are currently genres lol) and seasons
but when i do this in my CSS, they overlap. Plus im not even able to remove the whole "premiered" heading on top anymore either

Add the following codes at the bottom, and feel free to adjust the column width (152px) to your preference:

/* Increase "Season" column width from 92px to 152px */
.data.season {
	width: 152px;
	}

/* Remove the word "Premiered" */
.data.season:before {
	content: "";
	}
Dec 20, 2023 3:50 PM

Jun 2021
Reply to Valerio_Lyndon
.header-title.tags {
}
}

@Valerio_Lyndon Oh, so that's how you could change the header title for the column headers... Hmm, can I add a link to the "content" instead of changing the header name?

I want the 'Genre' header to link to one of my blog posts about genres (or to here https://myanimelist.net/anime.php for my anime list and here https://myanimelist.net/manga.php for my manga list). Is that possible?

I tried this

but I only got a broken ? image and it's not even clickable.
Dec 21, 2023 10:47 PM
平沢唯

Dec 2016
Reply to IridescentJaune
@Valerio_Lyndon Oh, so that's how you could change the header title for the column headers... Hmm, can I add a link to the "content" instead of changing the header name?

I want the 'Genre' header to link to one of my blog posts about genres (or to here https://myanimelist.net/anime.php for my anime list and here https://myanimelist.net/manga.php for my manga list). Is that possible?

I tried this

but I only got a broken ? image and it's not even clickable.
@IridescentJaune CSS struggles with functional changes since it's a styling language. It can wrap up a present real nice, but it can't change the contents. The url() function is used for loading images, so it's trying to read that blog link as an image file.

The only way I know of to add new links would be to use the "Notes" section on an anime or manga you don't mind cluttering up the notes of. The main issue with this is having to keep some "dummy" anime/manga in each list category so that the link works on every page.

I think I'll write up a basic guide on this tomorrow.
Dec 22, 2023 7:50 PM

Jun 2021
Reply to Valerio_Lyndon
@IridescentJaune CSS struggles with functional changes since it's a styling language. It can wrap up a present real nice, but it can't change the contents. The url() function is used for loading images, so it's trying to read that blog link as an image file.

The only way I know of to add new links would be to use the "Notes" section on an anime or manga you don't mind cluttering up the notes of. The main issue with this is having to keep some "dummy" anime/manga in each list category so that the link works on every page.

I think I'll write up a basic guide on this tomorrow.
@Valerio_Lyndon That's a bummer. 😔 Wish we could add links to column headers easily.
Dec 22, 2023 9:53 PM
平沢唯

Dec 2016
Reply to IridescentJaune
@Valerio_Lyndon That's a bummer. 😔 Wish we could add links to column headers easily.
@IridescentJaune Later than I intended I have published the guide. You can find it here: https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=2136893

Note that this isn't tailored to your specific need but is a general resource. If the guide is understandable and you want to go down that route then I can help you tailor it to your need. I'm pretty sure you could position a custom link over top of the genre header in your list.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» ❓ Ask for help here + See Frequently Asked Questions ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Shishio-kun - Apr 15, 2010

7812 by mtsRhea »»
Apr 21, 5:25 AM

» [CSS- MODERN] ⭐ Minimal Dashboard layout by 5cm ~ Compact and convenient! ( 1 2 3 )

Shishio-kun - Sep 4, 2020

121 by Pokitaru »»
Apr 21, 3:25 AM

» [CSS-MODERN] Change list text/font colors on any list layout

Shishio-kun - May 4, 2021

3 by hideso »»
Apr 20, 4:33 PM

» [CSS] [VIDEO GUIDE] ⭐️ How to change fonts on a list layout

Shishio-kun - Jul 15, 2019

17 by hideso »»
Apr 20, 4:03 PM

» [CSS][Modern] ☀️ Endless Summer Layout by Cateinya ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Cateinya - Aug 18, 2016

309 by hideso »»
Apr 20, 3:56 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.