Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
May 15, 2021 4:00 PM
Apr 2021
Finished the anime yesterday and god damn that was hella boring. There was literally no plot to it and every episode seems like a filler. The fighting scenes were a bit dull imo and the visuals were so bad. I heard that the ending was good so I continued watching it and once I reached it, I was disappointed, the ending was just as horrible as the others. Every episodes was like torture for me. I know all of the cowboy bebop fans are gonna come for my head but I’m just being real with you lot. It was horrible.

What do you think guys? How did you feel about cowboy bebop?
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
May 15, 2021 4:02 PM

Dec 2016
No, I am 100% sure you are not the only one who felt the same.
May 15, 2021 5:00 PM

Jan 2020
I found a few episodes boring so I can't disagree but that being said, The positives of the show strongly outweighed the boring parts for me

May 15, 2021 5:12 PM

Apr 2012
Old anime have pacing issues in general but I wouldn't call the show boring nonetheless. It's episodic though so it can definitely throw off the avid shounen consumer who isn't used to this type of narration.
May 15, 2021 5:25 PM
Nov 2020
Yes you are go watch riverdale this is not for you
May 15, 2021 5:39 PM
Sep 2016
The show is pretty bad I honestly don't understand the hype. That being said it's definitely not a 1/10; there's far worse out there.
May 15, 2021 5:47 PM

Aug 2013
Post a review mate.
May 15, 2021 5:49 PM
Tail On!

Aug 2018
No, it's painfully boring, I'm with you.
May 15, 2021 6:01 PM
Feb 2021
I guess a lot of people just don’t like episodic stories
May 15, 2021 6:02 PM

Apr 2021
I don’t think I’ve ever disagreed with a post more than this.
May 15, 2021 6:16 PM

Dec 2019
you are definitely not the only one, lool
May 15, 2021 6:27 PM
Nov 2020
There were boring episodes but the pros of this show completely outweigh the cons
May 15, 2021 6:37 PM
Aug 2020
The ability to speak does not make you intelligent. Just kidding. Sit back and enjoy the ride. Some shows aren’t meant to be overly thought provoking they just do their own thing. Of course the fighting isn’t going to be comparable to what we have in modern day that’s just how much we have developed. The way I watched it is the anime doesn’t need to tell you all the story it’s just there for you to enjoy. The story is going to be unique to everyone depending on how you interpreted it and that’s what I find incredible about the show.
May 15, 2021 6:53 PM
Feb 2021
You clearly don’t like episodic shows then, too bad
May 15, 2021 7:47 PM
Jul 2018
When the question involves "am I the only one", the answer is generally "no".
May 15, 2021 7:50 PM
Amateur Reviewer
Jul 2016
I'm less fasinated by your comment and more so by the number agreeing with you lol. I guess by the law of averages your not alone, there will be others but like no offense but what about the figthing don't you like? The fluidity of it and the way every impact feels so physical plus the generally chorography, there's few shows that match that level of sakuga in their figths consistently.

If you found it fillery then I guess episodic anthologies arnt for you, which is a shame considering how much of the pre-2000's anime function in a weekly fashion.

I guess it just wasn't for you, that's fair enough, each to their own taste, who knows maybe you'll come back in years to come and love it. Mind you migth be worth thinking about it a little more critically if you want to try and understand the hype better. The animation, music and tone are some of the best of the medium and it's a shame to over look all that just because you didn't jive with the story being told😎👍.
May 15, 2021 8:06 PM
Apr 2021
no you’re not the only one. i’m not one for a new plot every single episode. it gives me no reason to look forward to the ending whatsoever. i got 3 episodes in and just dropped it. the action didn’t do anything for me either. the style is cool but that’s the only quality i liked about it
May 15, 2021 8:08 PM
Apr 2021
OvergrownRover said:
I guess a lot of people just don’t like episodic stories
yeah that’s exactly what my problem with it was. gave me american detective show vibes. new plot every episode and the solution is found at the end of every episode. there’s nothing to look forward to imo
May 15, 2021 8:22 PM
Sep 2019
Its because you watched it in a wrong time and year
May 15, 2021 8:23 PM

Dec 2019
Aria has more entertainment value than Cowboy Bebop!
May 15, 2021 8:28 PM
Apr 2021
I dropped it after the 3rd episode just wasn’t really anything too special for me Atleast
May 15, 2021 8:39 PM

Jan 2020
I was really bored as well, But I don't think it's the anime's fault, It's just an episodic anime being an episodic anime, Maybe they're just not for you.

In terms of fights, I really liked them, They're not gonna be as bombastic or epic as HxH or AOT, It's normally just a casual fistfight, And I think the choreography and "laid back" fighting was pretty cool.

Also, Visuals wise, I heavily disagree with you, Every frame is brimming with vibe and atmosphere IMO, I think it's the first CEL anime you've seen, So the visuals could be A LOT different and a lot more retro than the usual.

This is just my opinion, I ain't shovin Bebop down your throat
I don't speak English that much, so please cut me some slack
May 15, 2021 8:39 PM

Oct 2020
It had some boring stretches esp in the middle and I agree that it felt almost "fillerish" at some points due to its episodic nature, but I thought that its good episodes more than made up for that and easily some of the best episodes I've seen in terms of directing, soundtrack, and atmosphere
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 15, 2021 8:47 PM

Mar 2018
No, I also don't see why people like this that much.
May 15, 2021 9:53 PM
Jul 2017
No o dropped it after 2 eps I have a pretty good what I’ll like or not
May 15, 2021 9:54 PM
Feb 2021
that's kinda the point of it...yk? cowboy bebop is episodic, so there's not overarching story. if you don't enjoy that, then it is not the right for you. so no you are not the only one, but it depends on taste. don't force yourself to watch something you don't like.
May 15, 2021 9:55 PM
Jan 2021
Personally I found the quality of episodes to vary quite a bit but it's good. Not as good as people say. Can be boring sometimes. I really enjoyed the ending though.
May 15, 2021 10:23 PM
Jul 2020
Yes you are the only one
If we kill all our enemies, will we finally be free?
May 15, 2021 10:25 PM
Jul 2018
Dropped it after 13 episodes cause I was spoiled for the ending but yes, the episodes are a bit boring.
May 15, 2021 10:55 PM
Nov 2017
Jamil10 said:
Finished the anime yesterday and god damn that was hella boring. There was literally no plot to it and every episode seems like a filler. The fighting scenes were a bit dull imo and the visuals were so bad. I heard that the ending was good so I continued watching it and once I reached it, I was disappointed, the ending was just as horrible as the others. Every episodes was like torture for me. I know all of the cowboy bebop fans are gonna come for my head but I’m just being real with you lot. It was horrible.

What do you think guys? How did you feel about cowboy bebop?

That's your opinion and you're entitled to it. I'm sorry that Cowboy Bebop didn't do it for ya. Most people won't agree with you.
May 15, 2021 11:08 PM
Jun 2019
ManWild said:
I found a few episodes boring so I can't disagree but that being said, The positives of the show strongly outweighed the boring parts for me

Yeah I agree with this take. I didn’t much care for some episodes, like the space ice trucker lady and that unaging 10 year old, but pretty much every other episode stands out in this show as unique or at the very least memorable.
May 15, 2021 11:10 PM
Feb 2020
Yeah I have the same problem, the episodic nature of the show might be at fault because I have tried to watch it twice now and have dropped it twice now. Very unengaging or even that interesting imo.
May 15, 2021 11:10 PM
Feb 2020
Yeah I have the same problem, the episodic nature of the show might be at fault because I have tried to watch it twice now and have dropped it twice now. Very unengaging or even that interesting imo.
May 15, 2021 11:51 PM
Oct 2020
No, I am 100% sure you are not the only one who felt the same:2
May 16, 2021 12:46 AM

Aug 2019
I can see where you're coming from. I knew Cowboy Bebop was kinda episodic going in, but those individual episodes were still hit-or-miss to me. The good parts of this show are REALLY good, though, so overall I liked Cowboy Bebop. I don't agree it's one of the best shows ever, but I definitely think it deserves a spotlight.
May 16, 2021 12:55 AM

Jan 2021
Since it's episodic, I understand why you find it boring. But what about the visuals? Did you have bird shit in your eyes while watching this anime? Cowboy Bebop is one of the best-directed anime, with dynamic and well-animated fights and in general great scenes. I'm not sure where the criticism of the art comes from. And how was the ending bad? Please reply and explain why, because the ending is, in my opinion, the perfect conclusion to the story and Spike's character. As a huge fan of the show, I, too, found some episodes to be more boring than others, but your other knocks on the show make no sense to me.
May 16, 2021 12:58 AM
Jul 2018
Thenightwing35 said:
You clearly don’t like episodic shows then, too bad

I personally love episodic anime, but I still haven’t been able to get past the first 2 eps of cowboy bebop, the pacing is just way too slow
May 16, 2021 1:50 AM
Jan 2021
I’ve seen a decent amount of anime, this one is definitely one of the best. My #2 of all time. The animation is good for its time, the music is good, the dub is considered the best dub ever created. The whole point is that the story is episodic, it’s bounty hunters doing their thing. It does noir themes great while creating a good philosophic approach about dreams and reality. Getting out of the past and staying in the present. If episodic anime aren’t your thing it makes since, but it’s considered a masterpiece by most for a reason. There is no pacing issue at all since the anime isn’t concerned with an overarching story. But yeah, it’s cool
The right mindset when watching an anime is hoping that it will break your top 10
May 16, 2021 2:31 AM
Feb 2021
the anime was fire idk what y’all are on
May 16, 2021 2:41 AM
Feb 2021
HOTTESTINTHEROOM said:
Yes you are go watch riverdale this is not for you
“doesn't agree with person, insults them, doesn't elaborate further”
May 16, 2021 6:53 AM
May 2018
There’s like 30 bloody topic on the show forum page that ask the same blasted question.

Obviously you aren’t. Why do people keep making the same threads like this all the time.
May 16, 2021 8:55 AM
Sep 2020
Your right , this is really boring , I watched the first six episode and i was shocked that the anime is famous for nothing. It's really bad for an anime like this to be famous. I know some people would like it but that is really rare.
May 16, 2021 8:58 AM

Feb 2021
Probably not, and about the filler episodes it’s just episodic. Well, I enjoyed it, but would’ve probably enjoyed it more if I didn’t come across a certain anime before it.
May 16, 2021 9:01 AM
Oct 2020
I think you missed and didn't understand something. Maybe it is not the most exciting one, but you must understand the vibes and about what the anime is.
Also it could be, that if you're one of the younger anime watcher, you doesn't enjoy old things, cause they are often slow in pacing and it doesn't happen much. But most of the time there is a hidden message. Mangakas want to show you in some way something.
But I don't want to offend you or smth. Just sayin✌️
May 16, 2021 9:03 AM
Oct 2020
SoldierDream said:
No, I am 100% sure you are not the only one who felt the same.
ayoooo what a fresh mean score you have😂
Why watch anime, if every single one is that trash man, wtf😂
May 16, 2021 9:29 AM
Apr 2021
I totally disagree with the fighting scenes being dull. I think they're fantastic! Simple and clean and no crazy superpowers, which overflow the screen. Most people can't appreciate it if they're used to watching fast paced stuff like hunter hunter which doesn't live from actual fighting techniques and more from effects.
May 16, 2021 9:57 AM
Aug 2020
Yes. You are the only one
May 16, 2021 9:58 AM
May 2018
AbedKader said:
Your right , this is really boring , I watched the first six episode and i was shocked that the anime is famous for nothing. It's really bad for an anime like this to be famous. I know some people would like it but that is really rare.

You gave something trashy like Akame Ga Kill an 8. You obviously have horrible taste if you think that good and Cowboy bebop bad.
May 16, 2021 10:10 AM
Sep 2020
AfroWarrior27 said:
AbedKader said:

You gave something trashy like Akame Ga Kill an 8. You obviously have horrible taste if you think that good and Cowboy bebop bad.

Bruh first i advice you to watch akame ga kill then you can talk, second,the fights , the story, the animation and everthing in akame ga kill is better than cowboy bebop , third if akame ga kill is horrible you should just stop watching anime.😂
May 16, 2021 10:15 AM
May 2018
AbedKader said:
AfroWarrior27 said:

Bruh first i advice you to watch akame ga kill then you can talk, second,the fights , the story, the animation and everthing in akame ga kill is better than cowboy bebop , third if akame ga kill is horrible you should just stop watching anime.😂
AbedKader said:
AfroWarrior27 said:

If that was true Bebop would be lower than that edgy try hard garbage. But you won’t fine a single site where that crappy show is rated higher.

Than again you are kid. So it’s normal for people in this modern age to have garbage taste.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Cowboy Bebop Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

FighterZ - May 14, 2008

183 by FunniMonkey69 »»
Yesterday, 5:33 PM

Poll: » Cowboy Bebop Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KillthisAccount - Jul 23, 2009

116 by RioFS »»
Yesterday, 5:00 PM

Poll: » Cowboy Bebop Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KillthisAccount - Jul 22, 2009

114 by RioFS »»
Yesterday, 4:32 PM

Poll: » Cowboy Bebop Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

FighterZ - Apr 27, 2008

180 by RioFS »»
Yesterday, 4:03 PM

Poll: » Cowboy Bebop Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

HaiAlwaysHungry - Oct 29, 2008

116 by RioFS »»
Yesterday, 12:05 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.