Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 14, 2021 5:46 PM

Feb 2019
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Man what an ep, they really upped the production values and brought the sakuga today. That final fight was amazing and the ending scene with Tohya apologising to his grandmother.
May 14, 2021 6:19 PM
Aug 2015
I have some issues with this episode but overall I think this was the most decent episode yet that felt like an actual Vanguard episode. Cardfight was glossed over as usual. Yes they showed it but the gameplay was very stiff with no real flow. I think this is just how the fight choreography will be at this point which is kind of frustrating but it is what it is. However. they properly showed how Vanguard is relevant to Tohya's character which was nice. His backstory shares parallels to older Vanguard characters like Kai, Ibuki and Ren. Sadly, the pacing felt very rushed as if they were trying to make up for lost time and unloaded everything about Tohya at us all at once. I think it lessens the impact a bit rather than build him over several episodes like they should have done. But for some reason they had to sideline him for 5 episodes and then remembered to bring him back. But at least they attempted to build him and his character arc is pretty clear as opposed to the rest of the cast. And is it me or did the writers completely forget that Danji made the decision to retire? Because he was ready to fight Tohya like it was just another challenge. What was that all about? And now we are officially halfway through the season and I still don't have an idea where this story is supposed to go. Lots of stuff that needs to be worked on but at the very least this is a step in the right direction.
May 14, 2021 6:57 PM
a lil bean ✨

Feb 2011

HiScoreLoScoreAuction

Turn-InsAWCc

ᓚᘏᗢ

May 14, 2021 7:43 PM

Jun 2014
By far the best episode so far. Tohya became the best character in the show within the span of a single episode. Still can't call the show good overall, but between how fun (even if technically "bad") last week's episode was, and how legitimately good this week's was, they might've turned a corner here. Here's hoping.
TEN COMMANDMENTS:
1) If Evangelion and Psycho-Pass are his only 10s, he probably also worships Tool and smells like cheesy puffs 2) Freudian psychosis =/= good writing 3) Moe blob art style is only ok in pure slice-of-life comedy 4) It's ok to enjoy shounen. Having fun is allowed 5) It is not ok to enjoy isekai (jk, it is, I just fucking hate it) 6) Creator breakdown =/= good writing 7) A story does not have to be wrapped up with a bow. Life is messy, why would a good story need to be tidy? 8) InuYasha is proto-Twilight 9) Ecchi CAN be good, but is almost always an abomination 10) If God is real, They allowed Super Kid to happen, so fuck Them
May 14, 2021 8:47 PM
Sep 2015
Tohya is hot, but his education is not. I've high respect for doctor, but everyone knows this profession has zero sexiness aura. I love men with low education like Danji. By the way, this show should change its name to "Everyone Loves Danji" LOL.
May 14, 2021 10:28 PM

Mar 2016
Touya is not just hot, he's also quite interesting and skilled. Plus, he's intelligent, which is my favourite quality in people.

Younger Touya looked so average. I can't believe he got so attractive without much exercise.

Why are people talking like Danji playing a card game would make him more injured? It's just a card game! lol

The ed changed for some reason.

I hope we see more of Touya.
May 15, 2021 3:54 AM

Jan 2014
Damn. Wasn't expecting such a deep layered episode that we got. With ow it really played into the idea of real life vs hobby/something you enjoy more. With how conflicting of interests it can be. Shit ran deep.
May 15, 2021 4:09 AM

Nov 2013
yuyu got some balls man he's really starting to become good and you can see much more confidence in him
Jul 23, 2021 12:51 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
A sad backstory for this blond player hmm, that was quite ridiculous when you compared the card game to the death of the grandmother xD
Dec 17, 2022 7:23 AM
Dec 2022
i really love YuYu, new main character is so nice

More topics from this board

Poll: » Cardfight!! Vanguard: overDress Episode 7 Discussion

SheyCroix - May 21, 2021

8 by Ittan_Momen »»
Jul 15, 2023 6:16 PM

Poll: » Cardfight!! Vanguard: overDress Episode 4 Discussion

SheyCroix - Apr 30, 2021

10 by sumanta_singha »»
Mar 17, 2023 8:33 AM

Poll: » Cardfight!! Vanguard: overDress Episode 12 Discussion

SheyCroix - Jun 25, 2021

12 by P2PSelfPuppet »»
Sep 10, 2022 4:47 AM

Poll: » Cardfight!! Vanguard: overDress Episode 5 Discussion

SheyCroix - May 7, 2021

13 by MrNegr0 »»
Mar 30, 2022 11:56 AM

Poll: » Cardfight!! Vanguard: overDress Episode 8 Discussion

SheyCroix - May 28, 2021

6 by Ashhk »»
Jul 24, 2021 6:59 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.