Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 9, 2021 1:30 PM
Jan 2017
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
I'm laughing. Seiichi only understood his mistake during the physical examination. Hell is here, Seiichi (I feel sad for him, tho)
May 9, 2021 2:39 PM
Apr 2021
I liked it. Seiichi is finally realising his mistakes slowly tho..
May 10, 2021 8:21 AM
Mar 2015
Seichi goes to juvie
May 10, 2021 1:24 PM

Jul 2013
I wonder... does Oshimi want to make this a long running series? We are already past 10 volumes and the questions keep increasing
May 10, 2021 6:48 PM
Jul 2019
Japan's juvenile offenders in these "reform facilities" have noted many abuses and degrading treatment IRL, such as Seiichi here getting that "anus check" (a clear violation of due process and privacy). Because Japan is a constitutional monarchy, and not a federal republic like the U.S., Japan actually (legally) allows this degrading treatment to occur, which many watch groups have taken note. Searching "Abusive Punishments in Japanese Adult/Juvenile Prisons" yields plenty evidence.

As I read this chapter, I am surprised at how Japan has relatively low violent crime rates (specifically homicides) than any industrial nation, yet they treat every person, even juveniles, like subspecies with no individual rights for them to express in the criminal justice system. Seiichi's horrendous and disturbing violation of privacy hits harder to the reader because this type of shit actually happens in Japanese prisons/juvenile facilities. Nothing is more psychologically traumatizing than having to forcefully commit to a naked physical examination knowing you cannot legally object, even if you wanted to. Puts into perspective how dark Japan's criminal justice system truly is.
May 10, 2021 7:01 PM
May 2021
It's an "ok" chapter. Just show us seiko (sei's mom) one more time, show us who is the real crazy one and end it. end in chapter 100 will be great!
MonyetSaltoMay 10, 2021 7:09 PM
May 11, 2021 1:15 AM

Jan 2020
Seichii seems surprised by how he was treated in this chapter, I thought he was ready for anything...maybe there's still a chance he will repent..
May 11, 2021 1:16 AM

Jan 2020
By the way, it's been quite a while but I wonder how is Seichi's mom doing
May 11, 2021 1:18 AM

Jan 2020
shegoth said:
Japan's juvenile offenders in these "reform facilities" have noted many abuses and degrading treatment IRL, such as Seiichi here getting that "anus check" (a clear violation of due process and privacy). Because Japan is a constitutional monarchy, and not a federal republic like the U.S., Japan actually (legally) allows this degrading treatment to occur, which many watch groups have taken note. Searching "Abusive Punishments in Japanese Adult/Juvenile Prisons" yields plenty evidence.

As I read this chapter, I am surprised at how Japan has relatively low violent crime rates (specifically homicides) than any industrial nation, yet they treat every person, even juveniles, like subspecies with no individual rights for them to express in the criminal justice system. Seiichi's horrendous and disturbing violation of privacy hits harder to the reader because this type of shit actually happens in Japanese prisons/juvenile facilities. Nothing is more psychologically traumatizing than having to forcefully commit to a naked physical examination knowing you cannot legally object, even if you wanted to. Puts into perspective how dark Japan's criminal justice system truly is.

So that part is an abuse, I thought so, there's no way that is necessary for the examination.
May 11, 2021 1:20 PM
Jan 2017
shegoth said:
Because Japan is a constitutional monarchy, and not a federal republic like the U.S., Japan actually (legally) allows this degrading treatment to occur

I think this has nothing to do with the form of the government. Brazil is a federal republic since 1889 and we had this kind of treatment until the Children and Teenagers Statute from 1990. Let's just remember that if Seiichi was born in 1981, the manga is now during the 90s, so many things may have change.
May 12, 2021 10:10 AM

Mar 2014
Very dramatic turn of events, and yet it has such a solemn tone to it. I like it.
I sense a time skip coming, but at this point I think I'd actually prefer a long running series.
Also, I miss Seiko.
May 12, 2021 6:14 PM

Nov 2014
I have the feeling seichi will only get worse after his stay in the correctional...

May 12, 2021 8:24 PM
Feb 2019
shegoth said:

Thank you for clarifying, I knew what happened was pretty fucked but now I feel more informed on the subject. It sucks that some people have missed that point of Seichi’s trauma and lumps him in with his mom as “pricks”.
May 25, 2021 1:36 PM
Feb 2021
When will chapter 98 release? I'm craving for it •w•
May 29, 2021 6:39 PM

May 2015
Feels like the perfect opportunity for a time-skip, although they didn't clarify for how long he will stay there. But still, it's quite possible to wrap up the series in 3 chapters, unless there's something else planned. Lately, I don't really understand where this is going.
Jun 6, 2021 3:22 PM

Feb 2018
It will be interesting to see how Seiichi's life will be from this point on.
Jun 6, 2021 6:44 PM
Mar 2021
Is it just me, or was anyone else kinda like aw shit Sei was born in 1981, so this is the early 90's.
Guess I never thought about what time period this is taking place in. Interesting
Jun 7, 2021 4:56 PM
Jan 2017
MrJennyV1 said:
Is it just me, or was anyone else kinda like aw shit Sei was born in 1981, so this is the early 90's.
Guess I never thought about what time period this is taking place in. Interesting

Yeah, I havent noticed that until now. I thought it was contemporary, didn't see that coming
Jun 9, 2021 1:50 PM
Jul 2020
the dad lost his son and wife :/ poor dude
Jun 10, 2021 4:50 AM

Jan 2013
tsumaeda said:
the dad lost his son and wife :/ poor dude

nah he was ignoring all the fucked up shit, he cant complain
Jun 10, 2021 9:00 PM

Apr 2016
Read the last four chapters after ages and damn, this manga turned around quite a bit. Thought there would be no way to wrap this up, but now a hundredth chapter wrap up seems likely. Don't honestly see how this can be a long running series, but I might be wrong.

Jun 17, 2021 1:08 AM
Nov 2020
When is the 98th chapter going to be released
Jun 17, 2021 1:09 AM
Nov 2020
What about the girl
Mc promised her
Ah this sucks
Sep 17, 2021 8:15 PM

Oct 2020
In these panels I felt like in Rainbow, a reference is coming in prison, how difficult will jail be now. Hey, what about Sei's dad?
Otaku sin ser otaku.
- Mauricio RH
Apr 15, 2023 6:40 PM
Jul 2018
Why exactly was his penis and butthole checked?

More topics from this board

Poll: » Chi no Wadachi Chapter 23 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 27, 2018

10 by MidnightTv13 »»
Apr 25, 8:47 PM

Poll: » Chi no Wadachi Chapter 146 Discussion

Adnash - Jun 1, 2023

22 by KanYeeT »»
Apr 20, 2:34 PM

Poll: » Chi no Wadachi Chapter 153 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Adnash - Sep 7, 2023

73 by KanYeeT »»
Apr 20, 12:57 PM

Poll: » Chi no Wadachi Chapter 152 Discussion

CQLLIST - Aug 27, 2023

20 by Kap92 »»
Mar 2, 4:51 PM

Poll: » Chi no Wadachi Chapter 151 Discussion

Adnash - Aug 12, 2023

19 by Kap92 »»
Mar 2, 4:51 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.