Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Apr 30, 2021 5:25 PM
Mar 2021
Call me simple-minded, but I didn’t really hate the second season. In fact, I didn’t really dislike it all. I only watched the anime, but I can see what the manga readers mean about the slideshow ending. Let me know if anyone else feels the same.
Apr 30, 2021 6:31 PM
Nov 2019
Mikeawesomemike said:
Call me simple-minded, but I didn’t really hate the second season. In fact, I didn’t really dislike it all. I only watched the anime, but I can see what the manga readers mean about the slideshow ending. Let me know if anyone else feels the same.

I mean, in the manga, I've not watched more than two episodes of the anime, so excuse me if some of this stuff has been revealed already, but the next season was supposed to be the goldy pond arc. From there, they reach a place, where they meet another guy, who's also escaped the farms. At first, he only is looking out for his own survival, and even tries to hurt Emma and Norman on multiple occasions. But, thanks to Emma's straightforward and kind behavior, he softens, and then, they reveal that the guy they met up, which, it's been around 2 years since I've read the manga, so excuse me if I miss any details, but we learn that he wasn't the only person who escaped. He, and multiple of his friends, went to the Goldy pond, where demons hunted humans. The guy in the bunker ran away, and hated himself for leaving his friends for dead. If it weren't for Emma, and a lot of the other kids, he would have committed suicide. But Emma, and the other kids, gave him a reason to live, and when he found his friend, thanks to Emma and Ray, he smiled, for the first time since Emma met him, which was a few weeks I believe.

Then, at the end of the arc, the remaining demons chase down the friends that Emma reunited. Emma made them promise they would come back alive, but that didn't pan out. At his last moments, he reminisces with his friend, and thanks Emma for all she did for him, and how he gave him a reason to live, and a reason to die. He ended up exploding the bunker they lived in, where all the demons were, to kill them. At their final moments, Emma sees their ghosts, and at first, she's happy that they came back, but as she sees the smoke from the bunker, she realized they weren't coming back.

She yells out, in tears, towards them, the kind hearted person she is. Over a few weeks, they turned from enemies to friends, so much so that the guy she met in the bunker went from wanting her dead, to wanting to die for her.

That was all that was supposed to be covered in the anime. It's the universally liked manga arc, for the most part, because it shows all sides of humanity.
Apr 30, 2021 6:36 PM
Mar 2021
racers551 said:
Mikeawesomemike said:

I mean, in the manga, I've not watched more than two episodes of the anime, so excuse me if some of this stuff has been revealed already, but the next season was supposed to be the goldy pond arc. From there, they reach a place, where they meet another guy, who's also escaped the farms. At first, he only is looking out for his own survival, and even tries to hurt Emma and Norman on multiple occasions. But, thanks to Emma's straightforward and kind behavior, he softens, and then, they reveal that the guy they met up, which, it's been around 2 years since I've read the manga, so excuse me if I miss any details, but we learn that he wasn't the only person who escaped. He, and multiple of his friends, went to the Goldy pond, where demons hunted humans. The guy in the bunker ran away, and hated himself for leaving his friends for dead. If it weren't for Emma, and a lot of the other kids, he would have committed suicide. But Emma, and the other kids, gave him a reason to live, and when he found his friend, thanks to Emma and Ray, he smiled, for the first time since Emma met him, which was a few weeks I believe.

Then, at the end of the arc, the remaining demons chase down the friends that Emma reunited. Emma made them promise they would come back alive, but that didn't pan out. At his last moments, he reminisces with his friend, and thanks Emma for all she did for him, and how he gave him a reason to live, and a reason to die. He ended up exploding the bunker they lived in, where all the demons were, to kill them. At their final moments, Emma sees their ghosts, and at first, she's happy that they came back, but as she sees the smoke from the bunker, she realized they weren't coming back.

She yells out, in tears, towards them, the kind hearted person she is. Over a few weeks, they turned from enemies to friends, so much so that the guy she met in the bunker went from wanting her dead, to wanting to die for her.

That was all that was supposed to be covered in the anime. It's the universally liked manga arc, for the most part, because it shows all sides of humanity.

Seems pretty interesting, might have to read the manga. Either way, it is kinda weird as to why they didn’t include this in the anime
Apr 30, 2021 6:40 PM
Nov 2019
Mikeawesomemike said:
racers551 said:

Seems pretty interesting, might have to read the manga. Either way, it is kinda weird as to why they didn’t include this in the anime

Probably because, at the end, a lot of people don't like the happy ending, so Cloverworks decided to go anime original.

Or maybe they didn't have the funding, so they had to finish it quickly.
Apr 30, 2021 6:54 PM
Mar 2021
racers551 said:
Mikeawesomemike said:

Probably because, at the end, a lot of people don't like the happy ending, so Cloverworks decided to go anime original.

I’m gonna guess the funding situation
Apr 30, 2021 6:55 PM
Nov 2019
Mikeawesomemike said:
racers551 said:

Probably. Honestly, wished they had the funding.
Apr 30, 2021 8:01 PM
Apr 2021
For someone who has not read the manga, I think it isn't all bad. The problem is season one was so cool, and it kinda took a long for s2 to start being airing. So, ppl made theories, read the manga and ended up disappointed. S2 is average for itself, but compared to the first one it is... bad.
Apr 30, 2021 8:11 PM
Nov 2020
I agree. The pacing was shit and some of the plot points were rather convenient, and the ending was rushed. But despite all that, I actually felt season 2 was kinda okay.
Apr 30, 2021 8:12 PM
Apr 2021
From an anime-only's perspective, I totally agree. If you've never taken a look at the source material, the anime adaption is really not that horrible of a story. Just wish anime-only's had a chance to meet all the great characters manga readers got to know and enjoy all the skipped over arcs.
Apr 30, 2021 8:45 PM

Jan 2020
It was still bad as a standalone. You're definitely in the minority lol

May 1, 2021 12:58 AM
May 2019
As an anime-only, I agree with you. Imo, the manga reader affected the rest because they skipped some parts. The only part that I didn't like was the slideshow.
May 1, 2021 2:21 AM
Nov 2020
I didn’t hate it but I didn’t think it measures up to season one so I gave it an average rating
May 1, 2021 6:52 AM
Mar 2021
Promised Neverland Season 2 Is Trash Do I Need To Explain
One Piece Gintama Jojos Bizzare Adventure Are My Favorite Anime
May 1, 2021 7:49 AM
May 2020
I feel the same tbh. A lot of people, mostly manga readers, were extremely disappointed with what we got, and I totally get that, but I feel like there's still a lot who take out their anger on the season just because it didn't adapt the manga. Neglecting the manga's existence, I think it's fine as a standalone. In fact, I was engaged throughout the season, and it was only the ending that I didn't like. Yeah it could have been MUCH better, but I still don't think the season is as bad as people are making it out to be. Personally I don't think "bad adaptation of the manga" is a valid reason to say the anime is bad, considering it was purposely different from the manga and had it's own ending.
May 1, 2021 2:52 PM
Apr 2021
Yea the first episodes are really good but after episode 5? I guess, it's getting downhill. The Manga is far better.
May 1, 2021 3:17 PM
Jan 2021
I hated season 2 overall, but I will admit the first 2 episodes were pretty good, the voice acting was solid, and the OP & ED were fantastic. So there were a few things to like about it, but unfortunately none of this is enough to save the season.
Us613May 12, 2021 3:06 AM
May 1, 2021 6:03 PM
Jan 2021
Yeah, it was alright
The right mindset when watching an anime is hoping that it will break your top 10
May 1, 2021 6:06 PM

Mar 2020
I didn't like S2 a lot, but it definitely isn't as bad as the ratings show it to be.
Yeah the last 2 episodes are terrible, but the anime overall is enjoyable, albeit rushed.

Also the manga really wasn't that good after S1 so I don't care whatsoever about the changes, wish they didn't show the slideshow bs. Apart from that it was decent.
May 2, 2021 6:37 AM
Feb 2021
I haven't read the Manga but I still dislike TPN 2 because it's WAY to different from the first season. Like how did we go from kids trying to escape an orphanage to Emma encountering a God! Like what the hell?
May 2, 2021 8:07 AM
Mar 2021
P1X3L_ said:
I haven't read the Manga but I still dislike TPN 2 because it's WAY to different from the first season. Like how did we go from kids trying to escape an orphanage to Emma encountering a God! Like what the hell?
I understand where coming from with that, but I also feel that the source material became bigger than what the show wanted to be, hence why they went for an original approach.
May 2, 2021 9:34 AM
Sep 2019
Mikeawesomemike said:

I kinda enjoyed it too, but it's kind sad that we didn't get to see all the stuff that happened in the manga. but as an anime itself unrelated to the manga in this case we say) it was quite enjoyable. no masterpiece definitely not but I kinda liked it.
May 2, 2021 9:38 AM

Jul 2020
Mikeawesomemike said:
racers551 said:

That seems likely to be the case.I heard the cgi of the demons was also bad.

Scordolo's Recent Reviews
To your eternity
Vanitas no Karte
May 5, 2021 2:47 PM
Aug 2015
The initial problem was the mystery cat'n'mouse of the first season seemingly does not continue, so the second series would always have an uphill struggle to please viewers. I haven't read the manga but I felt the difference over the first 3 episodes - it picked up for the remainder of the series but the last two episodes seemed to stumble to wrap things up quickly... as soon as Emma made that last descision I had a 'Charlotte' shudder - here was a huge and far more interesting plot that they have to cram into a very short epilogue when it should have had it's own season.

Both this and Charlotte I found a great watch, with an 'if only' ending. Guess they knew they wouldn't get the green light for a 3rd season in this case or had some contract saying they'd close the story only to realise that it was 24+ episodes worth of plot, not 11. (Actually it sounds like there was 36-48 episodes worth).
May 9, 2021 4:10 AM

Dec 2018
Well, it feels rushed from time to time and has other problems. So I can understand if some people don't like it

But I love the characters. And IMO the Yuri vibes between Mujika and Emma were strong. My little lesbian lovebirds were flirting like crazy,,,YEEEEEEEEEEES

CW didn't sink my beloved lesbian ship. Instead, they gave me the Yuri ending I was graving for. The ending was pure Yuri magic and I love it

Yuri-CrusaderMay 9, 2021 7:00 AM
Jun 7, 2021 11:45 PM
Jul 2013
I feel with you. I havent red the Manga (yet) and can only score the season as it is.
Its surely worse than the first season, but I think s2 is still a solid one.
Maybe it should have 24 episodes to have more things adapted.

As for the missing plots in the middle, like the escaped guy it doesnt really matter to the season regarding the complete Overview and I see why it's done like this. I mean - you cant miss something you dont know, can you? ;)
But I also understand everyone who is upset about it, if you have red the Manga before. Just dont blame Cloverworks for it, because it wasnt they have done everything they could, but the author itself demanded a change in story.
I rated the season with a 7/10 since it was enjoyable for me and I wont change the score later.
"We are all MAD here"
Alice in Wonderland
Jun 8, 2021 12:33 AM
May 2020
well I genuinely dont hate this season
Jun 8, 2021 12:35 AM

Jul 2020
Some people are in complete denial that season 2 sucks and that's sad.

Scordolo's Recent Reviews
To your eternity
Vanitas no Karte
Jun 13, 2021 10:05 AM

May 2014
I think any anime-only watchers who didn't see it as awful is understandable. It seemed the second season was setting up for a third then last-minute they pulled the plug and had a really rushed slideshow at the end; but other than that the show still tried to keep you on your toes throughout. As a suspense anime week to week it's not something terrible, because the characters are still there, the suspense is still there, and you will never know what happens next.

But, anyone who tried the manga just knows how wrong this went, and it's a shame to see it fall so badly.
Jun 15, 2021 2:15 PM

Oct 2008
I was dredding watching s2 for quite a while. Reason was the manga readers who didn't like the sequel made a big deal of how abysmal it was for them. News flass, I didn't read the manga and liked it. Hate myself for allowing the opinions of others to prevent me from giving something a chance.
Jun 21, 2021 8:10 AM

Mar 2013
As an anime only watcher I enjoyed it as well. Not as much as the first season since it was paced way too quickly for the first 6 episodes especially but I liked it throughout and never felt like dropping it or anything.

It was clearly a missed opportunity based on what manga readers say but the hate it gets seems excessive.
Jun 21, 2021 2:28 PM
Aug 2020
Traydor said:
As an anime only watcher I enjoyed it as well. Not as much as the first season since it was paced way too quickly for the first 6 episodes especially but I liked it throughout and never felt like dropping it or anything.

It was clearly a missed opportunity based on what manga readers say but the hate it gets seems excessive.

I totally agree, I do admit, the ending was rushed, but the ending also made me cry tears of joy. I loved it sooo much!! I personally want to see the children get used to the human world, which I think will make a great OVA.
Jun 23, 2021 3:52 AM
Jul 2020
let's just say that season 2 just doesn't exist and that's it, ok
Jun 25, 2021 7:57 PM
Master Otaku

Mar 2009
Mikeawesomemike said:

I agree, I really don't enjoy Manga, and have no idea how it was supposed to go.

While the pacing was all over the place, for the most part the 2nd season was decent in my opinion.

7/10 Max on the 2nd season, the first season was a solid 9/10 for me.
- Justin T. Poindexter

More topics from this board

» Does this anime have the most wasted potential?

aod-kun - Mar 10, 2023

25 by 7k72 »»
Apr 11, 6:19 AM

Poll: » Yakusoku no Neverland 2nd Season Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KANLen09 - Jan 28, 2021

419 by chocomayu »»
Mar 7, 1:15 AM

Poll: » Yakusoku no Neverland 2nd Season Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 18, 2021

244 by Yanarsen »»
Mar 5, 3:27 PM

Poll: » Yakusoku no Neverland 2nd Season Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 4, 2021

220 by Yanarsen »»
Mar 5, 2:45 PM

Poll: » Yakusoku no Neverland 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 25, 2021

505 by Jiborjas »»
Feb 15, 2:28 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.