Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 28, 2021 4:48 PM
Community Mod
Peacemaker

Jan 2017
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
This was an amazing episode and in some ways felt like a season finale, especially with how it brought the beginning and ends of the season together as well as incorporating large flashback segments for a huge emotional payoff.

So like I thought, the "dream" from episode 2 turned out to be what really happened with Seven this episode. I wonder then if Dai Bo has some prophetic powers that have yet to be revealed. At least now it makes sense why Seven was having trouble with them, since he was both physically and mentally weakened from the previous episode against Thirteen and the Blind Monk.

There was very little dialogue this episode, and still despite that, it was one of the most emotional and impactful episodes of the show. The music and animation were on point.

Seven somehow got away from the other assassins and then has a large flashback sequence about events in earlier season, though really it was more of him reminiscing nostalgically about his life back on the island. At least until he was "snapped" (get it?) back to reality.

A new character is introduced and we get info that Seven also killed the King of Stan (the Prince of Stan's father) and is about to kill Seven when Thirteen comes and saves him.

It appears that the ice dagger thingy that Thirteen stabbed him with is slowly devouring his memories about his past, which may be what her master wanted since that will make him a more effective killing machine. Their talk about the necessity of memories is very true to their characters and it hits hard knowing the difference between their ideologies.

There is a large ED sequence with a new beautiful song and there is a running montage about past events, both happy and sad, which leaves the episode off with a very foreboding feeling. This season can possibly end on a tragic cliffhanger. I don't know where this show is heading, but it's possible that the season will end with Seven forgetting all about the island. Alternatively, it can end with him getting over the dagger's effects. There might not even be a big battle in the season finale. With that new female from the first episode popping up, the next episode remains a huge question mark. I don't know how they will wrap this season up, as it feels like there are too many plot points to wrap up for just one episode, including the fate of other characters.

Jun 25, 2021 8:30 AM

Apr 2018
This episode was really emotional. I really forgot that Scissors Seven can also make you feel sad. Seems like he's in trouble right now with the stab he got from 13. Let's see how this will play out with the final episode. A lot of things happend in the past 9 episodes. And in the last few seconds of the episode, the random hot woman appears..

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Mar 28, 2022 11:31 AM

May 2020
Wow, what an episode! The action, the emotion, the cinematography, everything about this episode was incredible. I might even go so far as to say it was one of, if not the best episode of the entire show.
May 7, 2022 3:59 PM
May 2020
and like that, we are back to the beginning of s3 ep 1. what an impactful episode with seven constantly holding onto his own life
Jul 14, 2022 7:41 AM
May 2016
THE OST OF THIS EPISODE WAS SO BEAUTIFUL OMG SO SO BEAUTIFUL
Oct 30, 2022 9:59 PM
Sep 2018
I just want to know what's people's take on what all that symbolism meant starting 15 minutes into the episode. A worm crawls out of someone's ear, becomes a butterfly and lands on someone's injured leg. Hands touching. House plant blooms, wilts. Apples on the sea. Butterflies on dead pigeon. Popsicle and drink. Ant gets left behind and drops its leaf. Pigeons in cage. Apple and building in a mirror, etc.
Feb 16, 2023 6:38 AM

Mar 2016
This episode is painful in that the path forward is enshrouded in darkness, both figuratively and literally...

Seven is still holding out as best as he could, he combats the pain and undergoes it all just so he can keep holding on to his sanity and memories. Although, little by little, the memories of the 2 years that he had spent his time at Chicken Island are being eroded, and what took its place are the memories of his past life. It seems Seven is becoming Killer Seven whether he like it or not. At this point, he's only delaying the inevitable, the inevitability of his memories being snapped away...

The moment he spent with Thirteen here is the sweetest and most honest they've ever been, it's like a last meal request before Seven is gone. The montage of his memories from the past 3 seasons being shown with that beautiful song playing in the background made it felt as though this is the flashes of vision he saw before Seven 'dies'. And in his place, the old Seven will emerge.
Apr 12, 2023 12:42 PM
Aug 2022
this was the most beautiful and meaningfull episode so far, loved it
May 23, 2023 2:28 PM

Jan 2019
Best episode in this entire series. amazing development. this show has a wonderful balance of comedy, lightheartedness, uniqueness, characters, friendship, action, lessons, etc ( i could go on)

such a well written show, i know its rated r but this reminds me a lot fo mob psycho and avatar the last airbender (my 2 absolute faves)

so great!
candies:

Mar 14, 4:21 PM

May 2021
Mc got an actual girl??
Thought he was gonna be a part of the other ship
Or shes just a crazy person
Inhales oxygen

More topics from this board

Poll: » Wu Liuqi Zhi Xuanwu Guo Pian Episode 10 Discussion

anime-prime - May 6, 2021

22 by Mailo91 »»
Mar 29, 9:31 PM

Poll: » Wu Liuqi Zhi Xuanwu Guo Pian Episode 8 Discussion

anime-prime - Apr 23, 2021

9 by Mailo91 »»
Mar 29, 8:24 PM

Poll: » Wu Liuqi Zhi Xuanwu Guo Pian Episode 4 Discussion

Xealias - Feb 10, 2021

11 by Mailo91 »»
Mar 29, 5:07 PM

Poll: » Wu Liuqi Zhi Xuanwu Guo Pian Episode 6 Discussion

anime-prime - Apr 8, 2021

5 by Karva1 »»
Mar 14, 4:05 PM

Poll: » Wu Liuqi Zhi Xuanwu Guo Pian Episode 1 Discussion

Xealias - Jan 27, 2021

11 by Karva1 »»
Mar 14, 2:32 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.