Available on Manga Store
New
Apr 14, 2021 3:05 PM
Feb 2018
i wamted to delete this but it wouldnt let me lmao
pieckscakeOct 15, 2022 7:20 PM
Apr 14, 2021 3:18 PM
Jul 2018
I will probably drop it after seeing eps 2, this is really not my taste, I really can't enjoy the comedy in this anime just that. don't quote me because I'm not in the mood to argue.
Apr 14, 2021 3:22 PM

May 2018
I have read some of the manga and have watched the first episode, while I do personally enjoy this series, I don't think anything you have said will change people's minds. If they don't like it, it's their lost and totally valid at the end of the day. You can't force someone to like something, especially a show like this. I guess you can encourage them to watch another episode and to give it another chance, but really that's it. No hate to you though.
SeijatachiiiiApr 14, 2021 3:35 PM
Apr 14, 2021 3:26 PM

Jan 2013
pieckscake said:
This early part of the show is to add a good backdrop for both characters development over the course of the story.
If "good backdrop" means setting up a completely contrived premise to manipulate the viewer, then sure. The beginning chapters of the manga are notoriously bad for being misleading. They make Nagatoro look like a psychopath, and they make senpai pretty unlikable off the bat. The tonal consistency of these scenes are awkward, and even though they should read more as comedy than anything else, they feel genuinely uncomfortable and cruel, because we're watching interactions between strangers play out. Plus, not to give away any spoilers, but this whole "please step on me" sadist image of Nagatoro is not at all accurate, and it won't take long at all for the evidence of that to show.
If you reply back to me and I never respond, I lost interest and don't care. Sorry about that.
Apr 14, 2021 3:35 PM

Aug 2020
Thank you very much OP, I had forgotten senpai's name and you told me lol
a wise user of MAL said:
Just to clarify, adaptations should absolutely stand on their own
Apr 14, 2021 4:28 PM
Feb 2021
Although I don’t condone with bullying I know that nagatoro sees somewhat here past self in naoto and I would like to see how she grew up to be like that but at the end of the episode you can see the relationship growing and naoto having new emotions in friendship and not being isolated
Apr 14, 2021 4:58 PM

Jan 2020
I hate the term loli. It always disrespets the character

Apr 14, 2021 5:01 PM

Jan 2013
Xyothin said:
Will it turn into friendly banter between friends where both try to tease each other or is it just stockholme syndrome the animation?
it's not an Uzaki chan dynamic or anything, but he does get quite a bit better, and there's no stockholm syndrome because the first episode is kind of bullshit, the author wanted to grab your attention with Nagatoro at her absolute worst, but her sadism is heavily exaggerated, and unrealistic. I guess it's supposed to play into the whole "please step on me" type of thing, but it's seriously contrived, and misleading.
If you reply back to me and I never respond, I lost interest and don't care. Sorry about that.
Apr 14, 2021 5:34 PM

Jan 2013
pieckscake said:
LostSpectre said:
If "good backdrop" means setting up a completely contrived premise to manipulate the viewer, then sure. The beginning chapters of the manga are notoriously bad for being misleading. They make Nagatoro look like a psychopath, and they make senpai pretty unlikable off the bat. The tonal consistency of these scenes are awkward, and even though they should read more as comedy than anything else, they feel genuinely uncomfortable and cruel, because we're watching interactions between strangers play out.

That's fair and I agreed prior but something I read once changed my mind majorly Sorry if this doesn't help explain my opinion.
I fully understood she was flirting or at least found something interesting about him, he kind of just begs to be teased, after all. That doesn't change the fact that the whole situation is exaggerated and dialed up to 11, I refuse to believe she's socially awkward to the point where she went full psychopath on him. I just assumed she dialed back her sadism, because that's the realistic viewpoint, but if you've read the whole manga it is extremely unbelievable that she's really as sadistic as portrayed in the first chapter, and she has just been keeping herself in check, especially considering how differently she acts when caught off guard. The author having to add those images into side panels just goes to show how exaggerated and over the top it is, they make no sense.
Apr 14, 2021 5:58 PM

Jan 2013
pieckscake said:
LostSpectre said:
I fully understood she was flirting or at least found something interesting about him, he kind of just begs to be teased, after all. That doesn't change the fact that the whole situation is exaggerated and dialed up to 11, I refuse to believe she's socially awkward to the point where she went full psychopath on him. I just assumed she dialed back her sadism, because that's the realistic viewpoint, but if you've read the whole manga it is extremely unbelievable that she's really as sadistic as portrayed in the first chapter, and she has just been keeping herself in check, especially considering how differently she acts when caught off guard. The author having to add those images into side panels just goes to show how exaggerated and over the top it is, they make no sense.

Yk what I agree. Thanks for that you changed my perspective on this.
Well, that's certainly not the response I expected. I have started viewing the events of the first episode more like a dark comedy, their introduction is practically surreal, maybe this is even from senpais perspective, and she comes off more like a caricature of evil because he's a walking bundle of nerves, and her teasing feels like bullying to him, although I just came up with this idea on the spot. At any rate, I don't really take any of these events literally, because even though she will still be aggressive with her teasing in the next episode, I rarely found her to be acting in malice, like her first encounter. Unfortunately, these first 3 chapters make a really poor introductory episode, that only serves to complicate the characters and their interactions moving forward.
Apr 14, 2021 9:06 PM
Feb 2021
{Minor spoiler } i'm backing this up...as someone who's caught up...the guy gained so many friends... he's confident somewhat...and nagatoro truly loves him..they even play games at each others house... there's a chater where the guy catches flu so nagatoro rushes over and takes cares of him...and he call her by her first name...{oohhh...super cute}and nagatoro tires to take advantage of sick half asleep senpai to kiss him...trust me people..things will get wholesome đź‘Ť
I'm a monogatari enthusiast to the core...and i like some wholesome stuff too
Apr 14, 2021 9:12 PM

Jul 2019
I won’t lie i assumed it is just like uzaki Chan wants to hang out. Though I have watched the first episode and found it alright but someone tell me if I’m wrong or not LOL and ps uzaki Chan was meh for me

"one ejaculation contains the same amount of proteins, vitamins, minerals
and amino acid as eight ounces of steak, ten eggs, six oranges and 2 lemons"
Apr 15, 2021 4:01 AM

Nov 2008
Honestly; the author themselves has extras for what was seen in the Animes first episode..
So I think maybe just give it a tiny bit of time. Either that or you would have likely dropped everything from uzaki to takagi-san

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ijiranaide, Nagatoro-san Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KANLen09 - Jun 26, 2021

273 by Phroggy_44 »»
Jun 6, 3:32 PM

Poll: » Ijiranaide, Nagatoro-san Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KANLen09 - Jun 19, 2021

144 by PrOxAnto »»
May 28, 4:12 PM

Poll: » Ijiranaide, Nagatoro-san Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Pre_Yum - May 8, 2021

132 by PrOxAnto »»
May 28, 10:36 AM

Poll: » Ijiranaide, Nagatoro-san Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

FMmatron - Apr 10, 2021

502 by PrOxAnto »»
May 28, 4:54 AM

Poll: » Ijiranaide, Nagatoro-san Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KANLen09 - Jun 12, 2021

138 by AkiFosu »»
Mar 4, 6:57 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.