Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (10) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Mar 22, 2021 12:50 AM
Feb 2017
Rudeus realizing that him making decisions on his own without any consultation and facing the consequences was a good slap to reality for him. Makes him realize the importance of teamwork especially for adventurers like him.

Good ending episode for a show that is gonna have it's next part air later this year. Looking forward to it!
Mar 22, 2021 12:56 AM

May 2011
That part when he was talking to the horse rubbed me the wrong way because:

> Rudeus doesn't want to kill
> Suddenly has the resolve to destroy the entire city

Oh the hypocrisy...
Mar 22, 2021 1:02 AM

Jul 2019
8/10 good anime...looking forward to part2.
Mar 22, 2021 1:05 AM
Jan 2021
Tbh this anime isint too bad it’s just the main character who’s shit, like it’s not because he’s a pervert or any other reason you guys say he’s just a shit main character, he’s not funny, he’s not good with coming up with plans all he’s good at is magic. Like coulda atleast made him a better mc🤷‍♂️
Mar 22, 2021 1:17 AM
Jul 2018
pretty decent final episode, cool scene in the forest there and some nice stuff in the town and rudeu's and ruijerd's conversations... wonder what awaits us in the asura kingdom. in the end, i think this was quite a decent show but it was most definitely carried by the production, overall a 5/10.
Mar 22, 2021 1:33 AM
Aug 2015
ImmortalZero said:

Oh the hypocrisy...

good catch. In the novel, he has pointed out multiple times that he himself believes himself to be a hypocrite. I assumed a lot of anime-onlys would miss out on this part of his character.

Good job, figuring it out. Even in the future, he will kill when its not needed, and will not when it is.
Nagatsuki Tappei (ReZero): It goes without saying that "Mushoku Tensei" is interesting, but first of all, it's amazing that you were able to depict the life of one character, Rudy. People say that "CLANNAD" is life, but for me, "Mushoku Tensei" is life
Mar 22, 2021 1:34 AM
Aug 2015
DeprezsDanny said:
Tbh this anime isint too bad it’s just the main character who’s shit, like it’s not because he’s a pervert or any other reason you guys say he’s just a shit main character, he’s not funny, he’s not good with coming up with plans all he’s good at is magic. Like coulda atleast made him a better mc🤷‍♂️

umm the whole point of the show is that, in the beginning he is a shit mc, who will go on to become a better mc later.
Nagatsuki Tappei (ReZero): It goes without saying that "Mushoku Tensei" is interesting, but first of all, it's amazing that you were able to depict the life of one character, Rudy. People say that "CLANNAD" is life, but for me, "Mushoku Tensei" is life
Mar 22, 2021 1:45 AM
Jan 2021
rdturbo said:
DeprezsDanny said:

umm the whole point of the show is that, in the beginning he is a shit mc, who will go on to become a better mc later.

Well I get that they want character growth, that makes sense but the thing I hate most is he has nothing special about him. Nothing makes him stand out except for the fact that he’s good at learning things ig. I usually hate main characters who have a hero complex or try to save everyone (even the villains who kill for fun n shit) but rudeus is just too cocky Even tho he has nothing to back that up, especially when he talked to “god” or whatever that was. Tbh this shows pretty good, animation is great but the main character is just too shit, he doesn’t fit in. That’s just my opinion
Mar 22, 2021 2:05 AM

Jan 2010
dejet said:
So after reading a bunch a lot of people seem to not fully understand what is going on and why. It's kinda the fault of the show, it skipped a lot of world-building.

- we get a lot more information about how the name "dead end" is spreading around town, and in a good way. The end is meant to be a total defeat of Rudy. They did a good job with his resolve for Eris but outside that, they did not do justice to how much work went into Ruijerd's name fixing. Rudy feels like he wasted months.

-Eris is strong, I mean crazy strong. she trains with Ruijerd and by now we know his back story and you understand how strong he is. The Red Cobra was an A-rank monster and Ruijerd could have soloed it himself he says.

There's too much on their travels that are skipped, but you can't have a show dedicated to small fights, I get that but I wish they would have somehow managed to show a bit more.

Overall not a bad stopping point. It's where most of us thought it would end. I highly recommend reading the LN before the second half starts if you get the time.

Tho, there´s some people that don´t notice things, even when they´re in front of their eyes.

I.e. the ep after TP1, everyone was going nuts over Roxy´s mom age, but no one batted an eye to Ruijerd being 400+ years old.
Or in this episode, we got Paul´s letter, and everyone "Oh, the family is missing", but i haven´t seen many people ask "Wait, where´s Sylphiette?". It´s like, remember she was also in the house with them.

Overall, it´s a LN adaptation, so unless it´s called Fate/Zero, it will always leave things out and will act more towards LN sales. (not saying that F/Z wasn´t working for LN sales, but an average of 6 ep per vol isn´t a ratio that you see very often)

On that front, for people that want to read the LN, just remember that Seven Seas is going to release a reprint of the first 2 vol (in March/April, i think) because of the mess they created (i´m not going to explain it, you can search for yourselves the news if you don´t know), so just have that in mind.
Rama_ptMar 22, 2021 2:11 AM
RamaTheStrandedOtaku

Nier and MGS fan.
Mar 22, 2021 2:10 AM
Aug 2015
DeprezsDanny said:
rdturbo said:

Well I get that they want character growth, that makes sense but the thing I hate most is he has nothing special about him. Nothing makes him stand out except for the fact that he’s good at learning things ig. I usually hate main characters who have a hero complex or try to save everyone (even the villains who kill for fun n shit) but rudeus is just too cocky Even tho he has nothing to back that up, especially when he talked to “god” or whatever that was. Tbh this shows pretty good, animation is great but the main character is just too shit, he doesn’t fit in. That’s just my opinion

patience bro, patience. His cockiness will eventually die down after multiple failures. Rather at some point he starts thinking of himself as the weakest member of his group. And dont even get me started on the depression arc.

Just a warning tho, he will never be the type of MC you want him to be. There is nothing special about him now and there wont be in the future as well. Even sylphie is better at magic than him. He will forgive people who shouldnt be forgived, and wont forgive those who should be.

In short he will make up multiple mistakes throughout the story.
Mar 22, 2021 2:15 AM
Jan 2021
rdturbo said:
DeprezsDanny said:

patience bro, patience. His cockiness will eventually die down after multiple failures. Rather at some point he starts thinking of himself as the weakest member of his group. And dont even get me started on the depression arc.

Just a warning tho, he will never be the type of MC you want him to be. There is nothing special about him now and there wont be in the future as well. Even sylphie is better at magic than him. He will forgive people who shouldnt be forgived, and wont forgive those who should be.

In short he will make up multiple mistakes throughout the story.

Tbh I sorta figured something like that would happen,’kinda sad tho this show had some great potential he’s basically a shittier version of naruto, actually that would be insulting naruto :( but hey it is what it is 😁😿
Mar 22, 2021 2:19 AM
Jul 2018
They fought that RedHood Anaconda so good! And the animation of that sequence was really epic! It was so smooth and I understood their movements easily! Eris was so good back there too! The moment she was thrown away by the monster, she was traveling really fast! Maybe as fast as the speed of sound or 50% less the speed of sound, it was truly fast yet she was able to get back up standing.
Also at that time where Rudeus was about to get hurt by the RedHood Anaconda, Rujierd defended their mage, Rudeus by blocking its attack! Rujierd came in really quickly, it almost looked like he teleported to that direction.

They defeated that monster in the forest, then they meet the Tikbalang guy. Haha, he got what he deserved! Get choked, you horse-headed demon!

Rujierd on that new look, he looks really good with that new look. Also a great way to hide his true identity from other people. Now, their adventure continues in the next episode! Wait, there's no next episode for this season!? Oh no, welp I guess we'll have to wait for a lot of time then! Hehe. This anime is the only reason why a week felt so fast for me. 7 days became like 4 days for me. Now that this season of the anime has finished, 7 days for me will feel like 14 days for me again. This sucks!

See you guys in the next season of this anime! It's been a great anime. Sorry for being late to the party. I rate this anime, 10/10! It is a masterpiece! Truly well written! YaY!
Mar 22, 2021 2:23 AM

Jan 2011
Full scores from me for this masterpiece.
Cant wait for the next part.
Mar 22, 2021 2:44 AM
May 2020
Had to give this episode an applause. This episode just don't portrayed the dark nature of the series but also portrayed the flaws, mindset and ideals of the main characters within this arc and how these aspects of their characterization clashes to other characters's characterization as we can see on the dynamic of Rudeus and Ruijerd. Overall 5/5 episode, this series doesn't fail to amaze me and goodbye season 1
Mar 22, 2021 2:54 AM
Nov 2018
Masterpiece all around. Every ep was 10/10. First one that I thought I'd like to watch again as soon as the BDs come out and I still wish to do it after it finished. All the other times I thought about doing this I lost interest as it got close to the end.
Mar 22, 2021 2:55 AM

Aug 2008
Best episode perhaps of the show with Rudeus getting a wake up call after his stupid schemes gets someone killed. Then of course shows his own hypocrisy by being more than willing to kill someone when he thinks necessary after urging "don't kill" repeatedly. Not saying much though being the "best" though. Of course overall I still find this show your standard isekai and don't get why this has any particular praise.

Especially with the pedo crap. Was going to think better of the show in genera (slightly)l and then in the credits the lusting after a child returns. Drops a 7/10 show to a 4/10 for me.
Mar 22, 2021 3:44 AM
Jan 2021
I watched this show when it had four episodes, and like many others, I just had to read the manga. Which made me realize that the anime plays out slightly faster and differently than the manga. all in all, I really loved them both.
Mar 22, 2021 3:49 AM

Jul 2020
One of the best shows this season! Can't wait for the second cour.

8/10

I accept random friend requests!
Mar 22, 2021 6:44 AM

Oct 2016
What an amazing episode and a pretty satisfying stopping point at least enough to satisfy me for 3 months lmao. This season really brought us 2 fantastic fucking isekais, Spider and Mushoku, maybe after I caught up with Spider's light novel I'll start reading Mushoku too.

That Paul monologue at the beginning was sad damn, and it's good to see Roxy again even in this dire circumstances. I am assuming that wrecked place is the Asura kingdom, hope the family's and Sylphie are ok, as well as Eris's family. Those are 2 new interesting characters though, probably from Paul's adventuring team.

That fight in the forest was depressing and awesome at the same time, that poor bird demon. Rudeus underestimated those monsters, and was definitely too selfish. But, the way they handled the development was amazing man. That horse messed with the wrong team, Rudeus was whole ass ready to destroy a whole town damn. He did say he doesn't like killing, but if given no other choice to protect Eris and those close to him, he definitely will kill.

Bald Ruijerd caught me off guard lmao, was weird at first, but you know what? It looks not bad on him especially with the ninja headband. Man, this is such a good show, has one of the most if not the most immersive world I have watched, I am sure Studio Bind's skills helped with that. Can't wait for the 2nd cour! 9/10
Mar 22, 2021 7:01 AM

Feb 2015
These last few episodes have been amazing! :)
I'd totally give this first cour a 9/10, if the everything before the demon continent had been as great. This episode was perfect in showing how flawed Rudeus is without relying on the extremely uncomfortable sexual assault scenes. Eris & Ruijerd have really grown on me and I'm excited to see Roxy again (her accompanists look promising too)! Rudeus is still not a character I think I'll ever like, but I don't outright hate him anymore at least.

I'm really fond of the soundtrack and art style as well btw, which is why I'll add 1 point each to my overall rating and won't give it a 5/10.

7/10, if the second cour continues to be as good as these last few episodes, it'll surely get a higher score! :)
StormxNightmareMar 22, 2021 7:08 AM
There's no possible way you can steal my heart

I want to drown in this sweet Melancholy
Mar 22, 2021 7:05 AM

Jan 2019
Absolutely loved this season, this is on my top anime ive watched list for sure, ill read up on the source material since ive read that they skip quite a few details and scenes sometimes. Also Mr. Egg looking fine funny as hell without hair lmao love it

that end card was also really cute
Mar 22, 2021 7:08 AM
Apr 2020
The animation really improved on this last episode. The character development on this one really showcases it a lot.

Hmm, more Roxy in the next season? I'll definitely look forward on that

If I would rate this as a whole, I'll give it a deserving 9/10 for me. Basically one of the best isekai animes out there. Every episode is thrilling to watch.. Now time to wait for Season 2 on July :)
Mar 22, 2021 8:19 AM
Feb 2021
isuzusan said:
As much as I find Eris annoying at times (she's grown a lot while in the new continent though), she's got some spunk to her. She defeated those monsters without a sweat dropped lol.

I'm looking forward to seeing more Roxy in part 2.

Judging by your profile pics you seem to like Tsunderes who start giving a horrible impression before they redeem themselves.
Mar 22, 2021 8:31 AM

Feb 2021
Now this is how you end the first cour of an anime. I really like the pacing and can't wait for the next cour to air! I've got nothing to complain about other than the whole anime felt too short.
"Nobody could laugh at someone who's trying their hardest" -Machio-

Mar 22, 2021 8:33 AM
Cherry Thighs

Apr 2013
Hx10 said:
isuzusan said:
As much as I find Eris annoying at times (she's grown a lot while in the new continent though), she's got some spunk to her. She defeated those monsters without a sweat dropped lol.

I'm looking forward to seeing more Roxy in part 2.

Judging by your profile pics you seem to like Tsunderes who start giving a horrible impression before they redeem themselves.

There are plenty of tsunderes I don't like, but then again, I never asked your opinion, Mr. White Knight.
Mar 22, 2021 8:45 AM
Oct 2019
Rudeus decision got some casualties..
Man that was rough...

Roxy and two new characters will on the journey to find Rudeus, i assume it will happen in the second cour..

Amazing Sakuga once again...
Give applause for Studio Bind and all the people behind the production, they really nailed it..
Thank You...

First Cour 8/10
Definitely one of the best Isekai that i ever seen also one of the best Anime from Winter 2021...

See you all on the Second Cour...
Mar 22, 2021 10:29 AM

Oct 2015
The show definitely had a lot of things that made me uncomfortable watching but even then, this was definitely one of those shows that made me felt immersed in its world when often times most high fantasy / isekai shows fail to do.
Mar 22, 2021 10:39 AM

Mar 2019
Ok so this is how the first cour ends, no cliffhangers or something like that but again, it's not the end of a season so I kind of liked it, really looking forward to the 2nd cour.

Now, there were some things I didn't really like. I didn't really care about all those questionable hentai scenes, it was interesting to see how this world views thing, but damn, it was kind of exaggerated, like that scene in Rudy's room. I was ok with it at first, but it was used a little bit too much to the point that it became kind of annoying, like I don't care for that stuff, just give me the story, that's what I like.

Also, the drama in the last episodes was also a bit too much and kind of felt forced in a way, but everything is normal now. Rudy, Eris and Ruijerd are on good terms. Can't say I love Ruijerd, but he's still nice.

What I loved about this is how the world didn't feel like a random city in the middle of nowhere and that's it. This first cour explored quite a bit of it and it feels like an actual big place. With all that in mind, I can't give this cour something lower than 8, maybee 7, but for now I have to go with either 9 or 8, will have to see. Great 1st cour and looking forward to the next.
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

Mar 22, 2021 12:51 PM

Apr 2020
It’s a good final episode,
I’m looking forward for season 2.
Nina supporter for life💕
Mar 22, 2021 1:11 PM

Jul 2017
Well, im sold on this already. I just loved it. From start to finish. I know that Mushoku Tensei doesn't present anything new, but there was just something about it that makes it feel different from several other isekai anime, for instance, the story was simple and really good, the characters were also great and had strong personalities, Rudeus wasn't a boring main character at all, he is not perfect, not op, and has his flaws, but was someone i could sympathize with easily. I just had trouble liking Eris in the beginning but she managed to grow on me as she minimized that arrogant attitude of hers.

Overall, it was a great experience, and gave me one enjoyable adventure. I just can't wait for the 2nd cour to begin!

9/10 top notch stuff right here
Mar 22, 2021 2:01 PM
Nov 2020
Roxy is cute as ever. (I can see why Rudeus is fanatically devoted to worshipping that relic of hers LOL.)

If the guild is only willing to pay two silver pieces to slay that redhood cobra, I wonder what they have to slay that's worth two gold pieces instead!

Damn, since when did Eris get so powerful? I like how she's so fearless and confident in her abilities. (Too bad for that bird adventurer, though.)

It doesn't even matter if it's taboo (maybe not in this anime's universe), but I want to see a "Rudeus x Eris" ship set sail at full speed!
Mar 22, 2021 2:36 PM
Feb 2020
Man, I forgot how fast the vol 3 went after the first city. At this pace, they'll finish up the 2nd season at the end of volume 6.

At that point, I wonder if they're going to change the ending or continue on. The ending of vol 6 would be really hard to end on because of what happens so they'd almost have to change it if they're stopping production. Vol 7 is my favorite, hands down, but it's mostly inconsequential so I wouldn't be shocked if they skip it if they do continue on.

My biggest issue is vol 8-10 are pretty fucking boring in comparison to everything before it. MT has a solid middle to end, but it also kinda pales in comparison to the first 6 volumes. I wouldn't be shocked if it loses a lot of interest if they go past season 2. They'd need about 60 episodes after season 2, at this pace, so I think it's unlikely to get a full adaption.
Mar 22, 2021 3:07 PM

Jun 2020
One of the best anime of these few years. Graphics, character design and animations are admirable.
I'm waiting for the next season. 😻
Mar 22, 2021 3:16 PM
Nov 2010
This series had a lot of potential, as shown in the last episode, too, with scenes such as when Rudeus stopped Ruijerd from saving the kid and it resulting in a bad outcome and a conflict between Rudeus and Ruijerd. Unfortunately, the author didn't have an idea of what to do with the story in the big picture and so it looked like random events occured just to force some things to happen (and what a surprise, they were all convenient for the MC), most notably the mana disaster or whatever it was called and the "god" (he got free experience under the protection of the most powerful person on the continent who also guaranteed that he'd be brought back home after a while, he got to learn more about what's going on with the "god" and such and even got to build up his "relationship" with Eris more easily). There was just no overall plot in this story; in the end, it was mostly just a deviant adult stuck in a child's body living a relatively uninteresting life and reacting to occasional disturbances.

I didn't appreciate at all how much time was wasted on unnecessary nasty and deviant fantasies (pedophilia, incest, bestiality), and it made the line in this episode where Rudeus said that he was happy that Ruijerd praised him look stupid considering Ruijerd likes kids while Rudeus just wanted to have one in bed a few episodes ago despite also being a grown-up mentally.

In this show, there were no real consequences for bad actions (especially for the MC who at most gets some yelling, nasty looks or slaps/punches even if someone dies because of him, but also his father or Eris, for example). It could be said that some things are looked over because they are children, or in the case of the father, because he's handsome or backed by a child, but it's also not like the show puts in any effort to show this, and instead it just goes along with it. In the last episode, it felt really awkward to have Ruijerd and Rudeus' relationship be restored so quickly after Rudeus stepped all over Ruijerd's principles, for example.

One thing I specifically didn't like regarding the last episode was the condensation of scenes that they've done. It's ironic how something that was done to spare time actually was the biggest waste of time in the episode, as one could hardly get anything of much value from those rushed scenes.

Visually, I liked the shiny color palette which is not always so well-done because anything is enough to impress the general audience. The designs were off-putting and uninteresting (a stand-out example is a scene from this episode where there are three characters in the picture, one with blue hair, one with red hair and one with yellow hair, but otherwise looking mostly the same despite being of different sex or age, not to mention anything else that should make characters look different).

The ending song sounded pretty nice to me, but the overall soundtrack wasn't too noticeable or memorable, though this is primarily due to the fact that the story basically didn't exist nor have much of an identity to fit the soundtrack with.
Tomislavr7Mar 23, 2021 9:02 AM
Mar 22, 2021 3:43 PM
Mar 2013
DeprezsDanny said:
rdturbo said:

He does not have a hero complex... that's part of the show, he's doing whatever the hell he wants. He was just ready to say F-you to Ruijerd and murder thousands of people hundreds of thousands? I forgot how populated they said the city was it's one of the largest on the demon continent. He has his goal and nothing else. He also is "special" if you really care about it, his water magic is something mages spend their whole life learning and few get to ever master. If you think back to when the disaster hit, the dude that came out and almost killed him sensed his power and thought Rudy was the one making the disaster, that's how god damn strong he truly is. He is young and has very little understanding of it yet, all he knows is that he is somewhat strong but there are people that can at this time kick his ass. He won't come into his stride till My guess the middle of next season.

It's really hard for the show to portray his life, as it skips so much in the name of time.
Mar 22, 2021 4:31 PM

Apr 2010
Neji said:
Another average episode, slow paced and pitiful character development. Was this episode supposed to accomplish anything. This show has been just promise and failing to deliver. In the end I didn't care for a single character, none were compelling to me. All the funs of the show keep saying "you just wait" but season ended and it was average. "Slice of life" isekai with perverted main character. I gave it 6 (-1 for barn scene), but even without perverseness it's 7 and for any other show that might have been fine, but this show had such a great start and promise, getting 6 or 7 is just pitiful.

P.S. BTW that Rudy destroying the city was a complete BS and not believable in the slightest. Fake drama, as in neither the main character nor the show's creators wouldn't have had the balls to do it, so can't believe we are using it as character development. The pervert was about to become mass murderer for his tsundere lol.

I quote everything and tip my hat to you good sir.
Still deciding if it's a 6 or 7 for me.
Mar 22, 2021 4:34 PM
Jul 2018
episode was good,The death of Gabrin It was sad, I hope Rudeus will return home safely.
Mar 22, 2021 4:35 PM

Mar 2015
Good ending and I am very glad there will be a Season 2.

I hope we will see Eris in that suit of half plate they showed her wearing in the end sequence as her new look in the next season.
The sword that takes life gives life
Mar 22, 2021 4:42 PM

May 2008
Loved the whole series. Not a fan of Isekai since SAO (is SAO considered as one?) but probably will explore the genre.
Mar 22, 2021 5:20 PM
Dec 2016
I'm honestly amazed at the people that can't tell why Rudy was about to flood the city. His failures were compounding on each other, his back was in a corner, and the pressure finally got to him and he snapped. He got in his own head and spiraled. He was going to get Eris home, no matter what. Ruijerd saw what he was doing and stropped him, and we can see he snapped back to his senses. It really isn't that far fetched of a reaction from him in that situation.

Great episode though. The fights looked amazing, and I appreciate the inclusion of Roxy's PoV. Bind knocked it out of the park with this adaption. I very much look forward to part 2 in July.
Mar 22, 2021 5:49 PM
Mar 2013
Rama_pt said:
dejet said:
So after reading a bunch a lot of people seem to not fully understand what is going on and why. It's kinda the fault of the show, it skipped a lot of world-building.

- we get a lot more information about how the name "dead end" is spreading around town, and in a good way. The end is meant to be a total defeat of Rudy. They did a good job with his resolve for Eris but outside that, they did not do justice to how much work went into Ruijerd's name fixing. Rudy feels like he wasted months.

-Eris is strong, I mean crazy strong. she trains with Ruijerd and by now we know his back story and you understand how strong he is. The Red Cobra was an A-rank monster and Ruijerd could have soloed it himself he says.

There's too much on their travels that are skipped, but you can't have a show dedicated to small fights, I get that but I wish they would have somehow managed to show a bit more.

Overall not a bad stopping point. It's where most of us thought it would end. I highly recommend reading the LN before the second half starts if you get the time.

Tho, there´s some people that don´t notice things, even when they´re in front of their eyes.

I.e. the ep after TP1, everyone was going nuts over Roxy´s mom age, but no one batted an eye to Ruijerd being 400+ years old.
Or in this episode, we got Paul´s letter, and everyone "Oh, the family is missing", but i haven´t seen many people ask "Wait, where´s Sylphiette?". It´s like, remember she was also in the house with them.

Overall, it´s a LN adaptation, so unless it´s called Fate/Zero, it will always leave things out and will act more towards LN sales. (not saying that F/Z wasn´t working for LN sales, but an average of 6 ep per vol isn´t a ratio that you see very often)

On that front, for people that want to read the LN, just remember that Seven Seas is going to release a reprint of the first 2 vol (in March/April, i think) because of the mess they created (i´m not going to explain it, you can search for yourselves the news if you don´t know), so just have that in mind.

There's a ton of stuff packed into an anime, and unless you are watching something multiple times you will in all likelihood not pick up on everything like an LN/WN that spells out in detail, everything that is going on.

As for the rewrites going on, if people want to wait for them to come out, I'm all for it. I however don't think what they did change alters too much... it still should not have happened but I would not tell someone to wait months for the new release if they are excited. That be more for a collector who wants as close to the author's real intent as possible.
Mar 22, 2021 6:19 PM

Apr 2011
Great episode to break the arrogance of Rudeus. And, finally, negative consequences for his stupid ideas that this character has all the time.
The anime improved after episode 9.
Mar 22, 2021 6:40 PM
Jul 2018
One of the best shows of the season

I wish I hadn't read the manga, the animation is very well done, too bad :/
Mar 22, 2021 7:47 PM
Nov 2010
Tomislavr7 said:
Unfortunately, the author didn't have an idea of what to do with the story in the big picture and so it looked like random events occurred just to force some things to happen, most notably the mana disaster or whatever it was called and the "god". There was just no overall plot in this story;

Except that there is a plot and those things happened for a reason, it just hasn't been explained yet. It will be a while but it all does get explained. It wasn't just a "OHH THE AUTHOR DIDN'T KNOW WHAT HE WAS DOING" Sorry that you actually have to wait to find out. You know since this was known from the start that it was going to be a split season.

It's bad enough so much has to get skipped to condense this down into an anime.
MrJcMar 22, 2021 7:56 PM
Mar 22, 2021 9:18 PM

Dec 2020
Nice to see their first teamwork, not well coordinated take that they're still inexperienced in teamwork but Rujierd took point put up efficient order is satisfying see things worked out better than expected. Their time short lived in the ruin city escalated so fast, Rudeus's resolves to destroy the city is intense I like that but later bonding feels bit too convenient but acceptable. Enjoyable episode and that marks the queue for S2 hinting Roxy and Rudeus going to meet up in the same city.
Mar 22, 2021 9:38 PM

Sep 2018
Now I understand why this show is special. Aside from being pervert sometimes, there's life lesson in it. It doesn't need to have great battle/fight to consider this as great. The story of their adventure and world building makes me think this isekai is good!
erenmeiiJun 10, 2021 6:22 PM
Mar 23, 2021 12:18 AM

Mar 2021

God this is just too much I'm wheezing hard hahaha
Mar 23, 2021 1:02 AM

Nov 2013
Best anime of the season, without a doubt.

Re:Zero will likely share this spot as well, but for a non-sequel, this has to be the pick.

From the worldbuilding, to the VA cast, the music, the character development, the ANIMATION, the story... it’s everything I was hoping for before this aired, and more!

Really excited for the second cour!
Mar 23, 2021 3:49 AM
Nov 2018
ImmortalZero said:

Oh the hypocrisy...

I guess things change when it involves Eris directly
Mar 23, 2021 5:09 AM

Feb 2014
Rudjierd realizing the weight Rudy was carrying even though as a child and taking matters in his own hand was manly. This guy loves kids just too much.
So now that season 1 has concluded. Let's wait till summer for the next one. Hope to see Eris soon again. She hella damn strong.
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Pages (10) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

MegamiRem - Dec 31, 2020

385 by Omnistive »»
Apr 30, 12:42 AM

Poll: » Is Season 2, Part 1 as good as Season 1?

GoatPieceLuffy - Apr 24

23 by R0r5ch4ch »»
Apr 26, 2:03 PM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 14, 2021

229 by Hayley2877 »»
Apr 26, 1:01 PM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 7, 2021

336 by Hayley2877 »»
Apr 26, 12:40 PM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 28, 2021

439 by Hayley2877 »»
Apr 26, 12:19 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.