Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (7) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Mar 21, 2021 7:37 AM

May 2020
- Fate/Stay Night and Heaven's Feel both are better than UBW.
- SAO S1 and War of Underworld part 1 are good.
- Re:ZERO S1 is better than S2.
- Your lie in April and Anohana are boring.
- Johan Libert is NOT the best villian.
- Tokyo Ghoul is NOT bad.

If any of these are NOT unpopular, I'd be glad to know.
Mar 21, 2021 7:39 AM

Jan 2010
CakeMan-kun said:
whenever someone says "unpopular opinion" they just state a popular opinion

True. I don't even know what opinions are popular or unpopular.
I just wanted to write something.
Mar 21, 2021 7:44 AM

Feb 2021
Sayali567 said:
Mine Unpopular opinions -
1) Stein Gate isn't a masterpiece.
2) Your Name is overrated as hell.
3) Sao is not the Worst anime.
4) I agree Digimon is better than Pokemon.
5) Hating on the anime just because it's popular or has worst fanbase is pretty dumb.
6) Konosuba isn't funny, it's irritating.
7) Naruto, One piece, Dragon Ball and all the so called Big are nothing great, they are popular because of nostalgia shit, it is many people's first anime or the one that made them anime fan.
8) Rezero is the Best isekai and all others are shit, it's the only one that I like otherwise I despise isekais so much.
agree with re zero being the best isekai and another hot take aot is overhyped as fuck
“The only thing humans are equal in is death.”
― Johan Liebert
Mar 21, 2021 7:45 AM
Sep 2012
1) Although I absolutely love Made in Abyss, the new movie wasn't good.
2) The monogatari series is so sexist I had to drop it.
3) Fruits Basket is my favourite shoujo manga, but it hasn't aged well in regards to sexism.
4) I detest Re:Zero's Emilia, I'm only 2 or 3 eps behind in the new season.
5) HxH's Killua has a crush on Gon. I'm not a fujoshi and I'm not sexualising them. Kids have crushes.
6) I don't think an artist's work has to be cancelled because of the artist committing horrible things. A sick mind making good work does not mean the good work is suddenly less good. Bad people can do good things and the other way around. I'm of course referencing the mangaka of Rurouni Kenshin, but I think it true for someone like Michael Jackson as well. Michelangelo was probably a pedophile too, nobody discredits his art, it's kind of unfair.
Mar 21, 2021 7:58 AM
Jul 2018
mijnster said:

5) HxH's Killua has a crush on Gon. I'm not a fujoshi and I'm not sexualising them. Kids have crushes.

- How is monogatari series sexist? Please elaborate.
- No, Killua does not have a crush on Gon. He just sees him as his best friend.
Mar 21, 2021 8:13 AM

Nov 2020
1r3n9 said:
MarkVijet said:
How was it not natural?

As I said, there was a basis for Eren's development, but the way it was handled isn't good. It's not a matter of "what made Eren change?", but "how was Eren's development handled?".

Uhhh, and what's exactly flawed in that? Eren's POV was not revealed yet, so the viewers are left to speculate what he thought exactly
Mar 21, 2021 8:17 AM
Jul 2018
Many people say...

Dokyuu Hentai HxEros is trashy and censored - I don't see anything wrong with the show, it's more of an entertainment and it's full of laughter and fanservice, neverthless if anyone will ask me if it's a bad anime, it's just an average-tier anime. For censoring, you blame that on Sony(Aniplex and Funimation), not Project No.9 since they're following the rules

Rent-a-girlfriend is garbage because of a depressed MC - It's funny, somehow i don't agree with people calling the show "garbage", also the MC himself already started to become honest, only his grandma needed to control herself already
Mar 21, 2021 8:17 AM
Sep 2012
PiyushSan said:
mijnster said:

2) There are at least nine main female characters; however, they rarely interact with one another, and if they do, it is almost always in order to talk about Araragi. All are very taken with and highly reliant on Araragi-kun for their salvation from whatever problems they’ve encountered. Araragi is always saving someone, and the stories of the women involved are never separate from Araragi’s story. Almost all female characters continue to seemingly throw themselves at Araragi even when he has a girlfriend. Suruga Kanbaru, for example, who is a self-proclaimed lesbian, frequently teases Araragi about sex in their exchanges and about being his mistress someday. Also, the sexual exchanges between Araragi and Mayoi Hachikuji, a fifth-grader who gets groped repeatedly by Araragi, as well as between Araragi and his sisters Karen and Tsukihi, are really unnecessary and have hardly any narrative value.
5) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1FBzwPxbPLg I think this sums up my thoughts quite clearly.
Mar 21, 2021 8:25 AM

Nov 2020
-FMAB's first 40 episodes are a sleep fest. Nothing remarkable happens and we are forced to follow mediocre protagonists and listen to cheap humor.
-Kakegurui receives too much hate. The show is meant to be ridiculous and over the top, criticizing it for being unbelievable is weird. The title even means "compulsive/crazy gambling"
-Spirited Away is nothing special
mijnster said:
I saw nothing wrong with that movie. It really was less emotional than the main series, but it gave us Bondrewd, one of the best villains I've seen. Also, I've heard complaints that the movie has way too many plot conveniences, but I'm honestly fine with those as none felt too forced. To be honest, if the show just followed a linear path and nothing unexpected (no coincidences) happened, it would just be boring.
Mar 21, 2021 8:28 AM

Jun 2017
School days is very good and possibly the most underrated anime in MAL.
The second half of Koe no Katachi isn't all that good.
Mar 21, 2021 8:43 AM

Feb 2019
Sayali567 said:
Mine Unpopular opinions -
2) Your Name is overrated as hell.

Well, its not an unpopular opinion
There's a lots, i mean lots of haters are in myanimelist

And there's hundreds of thread made by users that said that your name is overrated or bla bla bla
bla bla
So no its not an unpopular opinion
Mar 21, 2021 8:45 AM
Sep 2012
MarkVijet said:
-FMAB's first 40 episodes are a sleep fest. Nothing remarkable happens and we are forced to follow mediocre protagonists and listen to cheap humor.
-Kakegurui receives too much hate. The show is meant to be ridiculous and over the top, criticizing it for being unbelievable is weird. The title even means "compulsive/crazy gambling"
mijnster said:
I saw nothing wrong with that movie. It really was less emotional than the main series, but it gave us Bondrewd, one of the best villains I've seen. Also, I've heard complaints that the movie has way too many plot conveniences, but I'm honestly fine with those as none felt too forced. To be honest, if the show just followed a linear path and nothing unexpected (no coincidences) happened, it would just be boring.

- Okay, haha, your first one about FMAB is the first opinion in this thread that triggered me. FMAB is one of my favourite anime of all time, but I have to admit, everyone that I recommended to watch it didn't finish it... I think that maybe one of the reasons that it fails to grasp people in the beginning, is due to the rushed pacing of Brotherhood in the beginning. It seemed like they kind of expected you to have watched the original anime and be familiar with the overal setting.
- Regarding made in Abyss: The pacing is horrible, a lot of 'emotional' or 'shocking' moments fell flat.
Read the manga afterwards, and it's a very faithful adaptation. So that's something the movie really delivers on. The only thing is: when reading a manga you can set your own pace. I think they should've taken that into account when making the movie, instead of just pasting all the scenes of the manga one after the other animation style. It is a different medium after all; sometimes that calls for a different approach.
mijnsterMar 21, 2021 9:02 AM
Mar 21, 2021 8:53 AM
Sep 2012
MarkVijet said:

I agree! The animation is amazing, but Ghibli's plots are very very lacking most of the time. Think Mononoke has the best out of all of them.
Mar 21, 2021 9:05 AM

Nov 2020
mijnster said:
MarkVijet said:

- Okay, haha, your first one about FMAB is the first opinion in this thread that triggered me. FMAB is one of my favourite anime of all time, but I have to admit, everyone that I recommended to watch it didn't finish it... I think that maybe one of the reasons that it fails to grasp people in the beginning, is due to the rushed pacing of Brotherhood in the beginning. It seemed like they kind of expected you to have watched the original anime and be familiar with the overal setting.
- Regarding made in Abyss: The pacing is horrible, a lot of 'emotional' or 'shocking' moments fell flat.
Read the manga afterwards, and it's a very faithful adaptation. So that's something the movie really delivers on. The only thing is: when reading a manga you can set your own pace. I think they should've taken that into account when making the movie, instead of just pasting all the scenes of the manga one after the other animation style. It is a different medium after all; sometimes that calls for a different approach. Maybe splitting the movie in two could've helped. Maybe making season 1 into a 24 episode season, instead of a 13 episode season would've been better.
Mar 21, 2021 9:15 AM
Sep 2012
MarkVijet said:

Haha, I know it's an unpopular opinion, in the discussion thread of the movie nobody seems to have this issue either. I don't want to discredit Bondrewd as a villain btw, I agree with you and I think he was a very good one. He's basically the embodiment of scientism.
Mar 21, 2021 9:25 AM
Dec 2020
I don´t understand the people that rate "Princess Mononoke" a 9 or 10/10. For me, I didn´t like it that much (For me like 6/7 maybe 8 max) and think it's one of those that people rate highly for the sake of peer pressure. Anyone else the same (I highly doubt it)?
Mar 21, 2021 9:31 AM
Jul 2018
mijnster said:
PiyushSan said:

2) There are at least nine main female characters; however, they rarely interact with one another, and if they do, it is almost always in order to talk about Araragi. All are very taken with and highly reliant on Araragi-kun for their salvation from whatever problems they’ve encountered. Araragi is always saving someone, and the stories of the women involved are never separate from Araragi’s story. Almost all female characters continue to seemingly throw themselves at Araragi even when he has a girlfriend. Suruga Kanbaru, for example, who is a self-proclaimed lesbian, frequently teases Araragi about sex in their exchanges and about being his mistress someday. Also, the sexual exchanges between Araragi and Mayoi Hachikuji, a fifth-grader who gets groped repeatedly by Araragi, as well as between Araragi and his sisters Karen and Tsukihi, are really unnecessary and have hardly any narrative value.
5) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1FBzwPxbPLg I think this sums up my thoughts quite clearly.

Well, Bakemonogatari comes under harem genre if you didn't know. The whole theme of the show is how Araragi deals with the female characters and oddities he encounters. They have their own arcs but are interlinked throughout the entire series. And the part about Kanbaru and Hachikuji is mostly fan service catered towards male demographic. It doesn’t add anything meaningful to plot but helps to keep show running. You don't want to see two characters having a prolonged conversation for an entire episode do you?

And no, I still believe Killua doesn't like Gon in a romantic way. Killua is sort of a half tsundere. He gets flustered whenever Gon says something embarrassing. Even that happens just a few times throughout the show. And the other things pointed out in the videos such as Killua regarding Gon as the light in his life can be implied in both ways.
Mar 21, 2021 10:31 AM
Sep 2012
PiyushSan said:
mijnster said:

Well, Bakemonogatari comes under harem genre if you didn't know. The whole theme of the show is how Araragi deals with the female characters and oddities he encounters. They have their own arcs but are interlinked throughout the entire series. And the part about Kanbaru and Hachikuji is mostly fan service catered towards male demographic. It doesn’t add anything meaningful to plot but helps to keep show running. You don't want to see two characters having a prolonged conversation for an entire episode do you?

And no, I still believe Killua doesn't like Gon in a romantic way. Killua is sort of a half tsundere. He gets flustered whenever Gon says something embarrassing. Even that happens just a few times throughout the show. And the other things pointed out in the videos such as Killua regarding Gon as the light in his life can be implied in both ways.

- The harem genre is admittedly not my favourite, but I don't mind it eiher. That something can be seen as 'fanservice' or that it is aimed at a male demographic, doesn't make it less sexist. Not all fanservice is sexist. I don't think Shokugeki for example is sexist. Honestly, if the Monogatari series would only be the stellar animation, cool fight scenes & prolonged conversations without Araragi molesting young girls and actively hitting on and saving every woman he encounters, I would probably love it.
- I didn't say anything about it being a romantic or a platonic crush, I also think it could be interpreted both ways, but am personally leaning more towards the romantic crush. Togashi mentioned in a note included in volume 1 of Yu Yu Hakusho that he wanted to write a sports manga, called The Trouble Quartet, where basically all the characters are gay. Togashi said he based it off his own interests as a writer, and that while it was refused by Shonen Jump, he got deeply attached to the project and that he would love to explore this project in a different shape once he made a name for himself. In short, Togashi has always had interest in queer matters, and was always interested in putting queer representation in his work. After YYH and Level E (the latter also being quite queer, for if you haven't seen it), he managed to snatch a contract that basically allows him to do whatever he wants with HxH. A more obvious example of a queer character in HxH, which is not seen as an unpopular opinion, is Alluka who is seen as a great representation of the transgender experience. I also want to elaborate some more on “心中” (shinjuu). As stated in the video, shinjuu is when two people die out of love, by the same method, because there’s a belief that this’ll allow those two people to spend eternity together. Why would a writer, who is expressively pro LGBTQIA+ and has always freely stated he likes to write about it, deliberately choose to use a word like that and mean nothing with it? The same with the "you are light" scene, there is just a lot to merely call it coincidence. I own the volume myself, but if you're looking for evidence, I found a Tumblr post where some sections are photographed https://telehxhtrash.tumblr.com/post/623569848340971520
mijnsterMar 21, 2021 10:43 AM
Mar 21, 2021 12:32 PM

Nov 2020
-Fate/Heaven's Feel is the best anime movie of the decade
-Death Note is better than Code Geass (as cg had way too many mistakes, especially in R2)
Mar 21, 2021 1:06 PM

Apr 2017
snowykevin said:
Re:Zero is mediocre, legit enjoying pretty much every other of the 30 anime airing this season more and the only reason I still haven’t dropped my score to a 4 is because I do like Emilia’s backstory

I largely agree with this. I'm literally waiting for the show to finish airing then binge it so I only have to experience the cringe once rather than once a week. There is effectively no character growth on anyone and the attempts at it are so shallow that nobody in the entire show comes off as mentally realistic. The characters' actions fail to show the characters possess any existent inner id, do not commit any character to a consistent superego and fail to portray an ego that actually mediates with the reality of the character's situations.
There's no inherent right or wrong in this universe, but when we think with emotions rather than logic, we make things so.
Mar 21, 2021 1:08 PM

Sep 2020
Modern anime sucks. Especially the fighting shonens
Mar 21, 2021 1:15 PM

Sep 2018
MarkVijet said:
1r3n9 said:

As I said, there was a basis for Eren's development, but the way it was handled isn't good. It's not a matter of "what made Eren change?", but "how was Eren's development handled?".

Uhhh, and what's exactly flawed in that? Eren's POV was not revealed yet, so the viewers are left to speculate what he thought exactly

It's hard to explain. In order to explain my point I have to make a comparison with another anime. An example of what I consider "good development" is Touch; at the end of the series there was a flashback of a character at the beginning of the story, my reaction to the flashback was "huh, really? THAT was really him?". This character had had enormous development during the story, but it felt extremely natural and spontaneous... so natural that I had to take my time and realise what was going on; it was truly a beautiful experience.
I didn't get this feeling from Eren. What I got was the author shoving down my throat that Eren had changed, that Eren was a badass, that Eren was dangerous, that Eren was doing bad things but he had a point, that Eren had suffered so much etc. (I'm not saying that Eren hasn't suffered or that the other things aren't true...it's just an example). This is what I mean by saying that Eren's development didn't feel natural.
Mar 21, 2021 2:00 PM

Nov 2020
1r3n9 said:
MarkVijet said:

It's hard to explain. In order to explain my point I have to make a comparison with another anime. An example of what I consider "good development" is Touch; at the end of the series there was a flashback of a character at the beginning of the story, my reaction to the flashback was "huh, really? THAT was really him?". This character had had enormous development during the story, but it felt extremely natural and spontaneous... so natural that I had to take my time and realise what was going on; it was truly a beautiful experience.
I didn't get this feeling from Eren. What I got was the author shoving down my throat that Eren had changed, that Eren was a badass, that Eren was dangerous, that Eren was doing bad things but he had a point, that Eren had suffered so much etc. (I'm not saying that Eren hasn't suffered or that the other things aren't true...it's just an example). This is what I mean by saying that Eren's development didn't feel natural.
It could be simply because AoT had a time skip during the time when Eren's change occurred. Had we followed his entire journey, perhaps the development would have looked more natural and less abrupt. Also, Eren is 19 now, he is no longer a child and it's logical that his way of thinking would differ a lot. Anyhow, I'm not convinced that's a flaw. In my case, it sparks curiosity to find out what exactly drove Eren to think the way he does. Had they revealed everything to us, there wouldn't be as much room to think about and speculate. As for the example you brought up, I suppose there are many approaches you can take when developing a character. What Isayama did with Eren might not be appealing to you, but I don't think that's enough of a reason to go as far to call Eren a bad character.
Mar 21, 2021 2:17 PM

Feb 2020
One piece anime is dogshit
Deku is dogshit I hope he gets killed
FMAB and FMA are equally good
One punch man season 2 isn’t as bad as people say it’s just that one punch man season 1 is just fucking amazing.
These are just some of my opinions they are probably not all that unpopular.
Mar 21, 2021 2:17 PM

Jul 2013
- Re: Zero is overrated
- Digimon Savers was the last good Digimon series (Not like anything besides Tamers were all that impressive)
- Gamers was a good romcom anime
- Love Live should've stopped after Sunshine
- No Game No Life doesn't need a Season 2, personally it ended pretty fine to me
Yeah that's all I got

Mar 21, 2021 2:23 PM

Jun 2017
I haven't read the manga but everyone seems to enjoy grand blue.
I thought it wasn't funny at all and I finished it just because I don't like to drop anime.
Mar 21, 2021 2:28 PM

Sep 2018
MarkVijet said:
1r3n9 said:

It could be simply because AoT had a time skip during the time when Eren's change occurred. Had we followed his entire journey, perhaps the development would have looked more natural and less abrupt. Also, Eren is 19 now, he is no longer a child and it's logical that his way of thinking would differ a lot. Anyhow, I'm not convinced that's a flaw. In my case, it sparks curiosity to find out what exactly drove Eren to think the way he does. Had they revealed everything to us, there wouldn't be as much room to think about and speculate. As for the example you brought up, I suppose there are many approaches you can take when developing a character. What Isayama did with Eren might not be appealing to you, but I don't think that's enough of a reason to go as far to call Eren a bad character.

Well... this is a thread about our unpopular OPINIONS. My opinion is that Eren is a bad character. I don't like anything about Eren's development, I find him extremely annoying. There's no reason for me to consider him a good character. I'm not saying that other people shouldn't like him.
Anyway... I saw that he is one of your favourite characters; I hope that my comments didn't offend you, it was not my intention.
Mar 21, 2021 2:39 PM
May 2020
hetvirus999 said:
One punch man season 2 isn’t as bad as people say it’s just that one punch man season 1 is just fucking amazing.

Similarly, there was nothing bad about SAO Season 2. It was just really hard to top the greatness that was Season 1.
Mar 21, 2021 2:50 PM

Nov 2020
1r3n9 said:
MarkVijet said:

Well... this is a thread about our unpopular OPINIONS. My opinion is that Eren is a bad character. I don't like anything about Eren's development, I find him extremely annoying. There's no reason for me to consider him a good character. I'm not saying that other people shouldn't like him.
Anyway... I saw that he is one of your favourite characters; I hope that my comments didn't offend you, it was not my intention.
Oh, you don't have to worry about that. If I had found this discussion unpleasant, I would have stopped responding to you. No one is forcing me to participate in this conversation. I actually believe I practice my debating skills this way. I should be able to defend characters I'm passionate about.
[/quote]
hetvirus999 said:
I try think positively. He at least isn't as bland and generic as Tanjiro and Yuuji. Also, Deku thematically fits his show very well.
MarkVijetMar 21, 2021 2:58 PM
Mar 21, 2021 3:06 PM

Aug 2020
Only unpopular opinion I have is that Battle Shonens is the most boring genre of anime. I don't see the appeal of people fighting mostly every episode, doesn't it get boring?

Has a 8.60 mean score
Akasaka > Other Mangakas

Mar 21, 2021 5:55 PM

Jun 2008
Mamoru Hosoda makes bland films with no personality.

Gasaraki is an underrated masterpiece and not just some Eva clone as some suggest.

Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans is among the worst in the Gundam franchise.

Outside of Cowboy Bebop and Macross Plus, Shinichirou Watanabe is forgettable as a director.

Texhnolyze is better than both Lain and Ergo Proxy.

Eureka Seven was a boring slog to finish.
Mar 21, 2021 6:53 PM

Jul 2011
wildhood said:
I think Fairy Tail is funnier than One Piece.

I think some of One Piece's comedy is kinda cringey to be honest
Mar 21, 2021 7:06 PM

Jul 2015
Ok here’s a few:
Gasaraki is good people are just mean.
2003 is better than Brotherhood.
Code Geass isn’t smart but it is fun.
People mostly like Gundam Wing because of nostalgia, it’s not very good.
Berserk manga is good but Claymore is better.
The lower animation quality in the first Higurashi anime actually helped the atmosphere
Mar 21, 2021 7:33 PM

Jun 2014
I actually kinda like Fairy Tail. Sure, the dialogue can be cheesy at time, especially with the power of friendship, but I don't hate it, either. It's a guilty pleasure for me.
Mar 21, 2021 8:02 PM

Mar 2018
haikyuu is the best sports anime
Death notes 1-10 episodes were the best written anime episodes of all time
Kill la kills animation isn’t ugly or bad people don’t know what animation is.
Kyoani is extremely overrated
Asuka Langley is a bad person, her trauma is the reason why she’s like that not an excuse for her gross behavior
Mar 21, 2021 9:39 PM

Jan 2020
I strongly disliked Oyasumi punpun. Really overrated

Mar 21, 2021 10:04 PM
Dec 2020
XChidoriX00 said:
Give me some Unpopular opinions about Anime/ Manga.
Can be as controversal as possible.

My unpopluar opinions:
You are not a „better Anime fan“ when you watched more then other people.
Digimon > Pokemon
Jojo has not the most toxic fandom, stop saying this.
MHA is overhyped as hell, just some average shonen, nothing more or nothing less.

Cheers

Jujutsu Kaisen might just be the most overrated series I’ve ever seen in the past 10 years regardless of medium, there is no such thing as objectivity in writing beyond the basics of literature itself so no, your favorite boring old gen isn’t “objectively better written” than anyone’s favorite new gen (looking at you, FMAB/Death Note fans), sales don’t equal the quality of your favorite series, MHA fans are overhated (although they do have their moments) while Naruto and JJK fans are underhated, series like Darling in the Franxx, SAO and Black Clover are hated on to the extent that they are hated on because some anituber decided to be an idiot in one of their videos while talking about these series and their preteen fanbase took what they said and ran with it, animation IS the main factor that people look for when they judge a series and a series will be rated higher and hailed as a masterpiece of fiction if the animation is pretty, even if the story is lacking in every department imaginable, Studio Pierrot is a good studio but the animators simply have no time to animate, when they do though Pierrot is easily a top 5, maybe even top 3 studio animation-wise, and Black Clover is the best new gen shonen.
Mar 21, 2021 10:07 PM

Apr 2016
Current AoT season is possibly the worst season in the series. Definitely a step down from season 3 part 2.

Dr stone is absolutely terrible but still fun to watch. It's kinda like torturing yourself.

Grand blue is the unfunniest anime I've ever seen.
Mar 21, 2021 11:40 PM

Apr 2015
Ecchi anime are just as good as other anime, and just as important.
"Well, she's flatter than a pancake"
-Mimi Alpacas
"Woof"
-Tobiichi Origami 
"Are you trying to turn the dormitory into a strip club!?!
-Atena Saotome 
Mar 22, 2021 12:00 AM
May 2018
-Cowboy Bebop is an ok anime.
-AOT goes downhill after the first season and is bad after the second.
-Eren from AOT is a bad character
-Oyasumi Punpun is bad
-Fairy Tail is a good shonen up until the Thunder Palace arc ends
-Naruto is bad
-Saber is a good character and is stronger than Gilgamesh. Which is for some reason controversial despite her being nerfed and still canonically beating him.
Breach344Mar 22, 2021 12:03 AM
Mar 22, 2021 12:08 AM

May 2020
- Golden time is a much better anime than Toradora (and that's the nice way of putting it)
- Naruto Shippuden is just unbearably bad
- AOT is not the greatest piece of fiction ever written
- Re: zero is pretty fucking awesome

Maybe try sleeping?

Mar 22, 2021 12:23 AM
Jul 2018
Probably not unpopular but the upvotes. Mushoku tensei's top review is the most dumb review I've read in a while. More like the user just wants to highlight the most controversial point and attract attention, I'm sure many are gonna flock to them. Atleast put more effort and make it a real review, instead of attention whoring.

"This is just wrong, the whole show is just a high budget Boku no Pico and author wants to beat his meat on it".
removed-userMar 22, 2021 12:55 AM
Mar 22, 2021 12:43 AM

Aug 2014
"Unpopular Opinion"

- If you are a fan of a popular anime you are in a toxic fandom whether you are one of them or not... Deal with it.

- Anyone who says "You ain't a real anime fan unless you watched ___" is automatically disqualified from considering themselves a real anime fan.

- Anyone who wants to cancel an anime cos of something that happened to them needs to Shut. the. F*ck. up.

- No matter what anyone else says - the best Anime is ALWAYS your favorite in your world. it may not be the best in others but that doesn't change the fact for you.

- "The Big Three" did nothing for the anime industry except selling manga... they didn't create future series (outside their own narratives)

Mar 22, 2021 1:12 AM

Feb 2020
Unmechanicalwax said:
hetvirus999 said:

Similarly, there was nothing bad about SAO Season 2. It was just really hard to top the greatness that was Season 1.

i would say the first 6 episodes of SAO season 1 were like pretty good but its just that second half of the season is a dumpsterfire.
Mar 22, 2021 1:22 AM

May 2018
XChidoriX00 said:

You are not a „better Anime fan“ when you watched more then other people.

What "better fan" even means? More fanatical? (Since fan comes from fanatic.)
On the other hand having more shows under your belt definitely makes you the "better informed fan"...thus the way you use this information is determinant - acting like a jerk for example doesn't make you a "good fan".

XChidoriX00 said:
Jojo has not the most toxic fandom, stop saying this.

Not in this moment but when the first seasons were airing it was.
You can see peak toxicity at peak popularity.
Mar 22, 2021 2:07 AM

Jan 2021
Code geass season 1 was the most utter garbage overrated anime ever, took me like so many months to continue to season 2.
Mar 22, 2021 4:48 AM

Sep 2020
Mikasa is easily the worst character in aot

floch and Zeke deserves that insane amount of favs

code geass is dumb if you take itself seriously

Huntertards should locked in a cage,i never see them have an argument why hxh or series other than hxh sucks

Mar 22, 2021 4:54 AM

May 2020
Hendrix_10 said:
This is gonna get locked but here are some of mine:

Konosuba is not funny

Cowboy bepop and Samurai Champloo have terrible OPs

First season of SAO was good

nah man you lost me at samurai champloo

a sound soul dwells within a sound mind and a sound body
Mar 22, 2021 4:57 AM

Feb 2021
Aot is the most overated garbage in fiction
Shounen fanboys are trash
Eva 1st ending was a masterpiece
Anime》》》》tv shows
“The only thing humans are equal in is death.”
― Johan Liebert
Mar 22, 2021 4:58 AM

May 2020
Alain0987 said:
No Game No Life is overrated garbage.
Attack on Titan's best written female character is Ymir (the one who got spotlight in the 2nd season).

Kakegurui is a shitty cheap thriller whose entire plot revolves upon the illogical concept of girls getting horny over gamble.

We need more jazz soundtrack in anime!

i agree with everything i just quoted

a sound soul dwells within a sound mind and a sound body
Pages (7) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Criticism You Don't Understand. ( 1 2 3 )

Alpha_1_Zero - Apr 26

106 by MasterTasuke »»
53 seconds ago

» If MAL didn't exist

Alpha_1_Zero - 8 minutes ago

2 by Zarutaku »»
2 minutes ago

» What anime song (intro, outro, j-pop) of the ringtone do you use right now?

Kiryotsu - 8 hours ago

15 by logopolis »»
4 minutes ago

» Who are your enemies in the anime industry/fanbase? ( 1 2 )

Catalano - Apr 25

56 by Yuri-Crusader »»
7 minutes ago

» Your Strongest and Weakest Recommendation from your Favorites

Pokitaru - 3 hours ago

15 by Otakupervert890 »»
7 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.