Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
Mar 9, 2021 1:11 PM
Jul 2018
I mean i like this but it's nothing special. I don't want to be toxic at all. Just why do you like this so much. I see people saying bc of the plot but for me it's just normal. Did i not understand the plot??? Am i too new to anime???
Btw I havent watched season 3 yet just 1 and 2
PS: sorry for my English
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Mar 9, 2021 1:48 PM
Oct 2018
Preference dude.. this is a great show, better than the average anime. Has good animation, fights, story, soundtracks, plot twist, ect. That's why.

Maybe you don't have much experience watching anime but the majority of them are average. In every anime genre you'll find that only a few ones are as good as this.

But i insist, it's preference
Emanuel3Mar 9, 2021 1:54 PM
Mar 9, 2021 1:57 PM

Jun 2015
I honestly didn’t like season 1. Much of it I thought was goofy but season 2 really wowed me. If you’re not into it then you’re not into it, but maybe your mind will change about it as a whole after a certain point is reached like with me.

If you’re not feeling up for it but wanna see if your opinion will change, consider waiting until the final season has ended and the hype is a little bit mild so it doesn’t overwhelm the atmosphere.
Mar 9, 2021 2:09 PM
Nov 2019
Almeidolas said:
I mean i like this but it's nothing special. I don't want to be toxic at all. Just why do you like this so much. I see people saying bc of the plot but for me it's just normal. Did i not understand the plot??? Am i too new to anime???

It's because, in the recent season, it develops far more than it initially seems. It goes from a story about a kid wanting to fight titans, to political battles, discrimination, etc. And yet, it still feels like the same show, just evolving.
Mar 9, 2021 2:38 PM
Dec 2019
Season 2 was dead, i started to like it in season 3 and beyond
Mar 9, 2021 2:39 PM

Jun 2020
Almeidolas said:
Asked and answered. This anime didn't get its praise until season 3 part 2. I'm not saying "just keep watching it gets good later" but if you already enjoy then there's no reason to not continue
Mar 9, 2021 2:44 PM

Aug 2016
I honestly think Shingeki no Kyojin truly becomes a masterpiece after season 3, so I understand how you feel. I feel like the first two seasons are great, but starting season 3, the story goes from a guy who wants to kill titans to a war between races and the corruption the governments have. It starts to get deeper and even more impressive. I would honestly recommend you giving third season a chance, and if you didn’t like it, then that’s alright, everything is about preferences and no one can judge you because you didn’t enjoy something popular.
Mar 9, 2021 2:54 PM
Feb 2021
No homie, that’s shit for me, being serious all the time with a fucking big creature fuckin’ humans is fuckin’ hilarious. Not serious. It’s like, you take a banana and then you make banana fish. Wow. One Punch Man is better than this, he slay titans faster, you can see it in the 1 episode i think.
Mar 9, 2021 3:17 PM
Feb 2021
I mean the first 2 seasons are good, but season 3 forward is so freaking good because of the world building, the characters, the plot in general and how it evolves is so good.But everyone have their own preferences.
PS: sorry if my English is not good
Mar 9, 2021 3:29 PM

May 2015
You should watch season 3 both parts and then you'll understand. Or not, which would mean it's just not your cup of tea. I wasn't seriously impressed with seasons 1-2 either but the story went beyond what I expected and even first seasons seem more impressive now after the rewatch and picking up on details.
Mar 9, 2021 3:30 PM
Jul 2019
Idk, but humanity at risk or at war with another race is an interesting plot, and if executed right, the show’s exceptional.

Just depends on what you enjoy. And season 3 exemplifies the series further with character development and action.
Mar 9, 2021 3:33 PM
Apr 2020
Finish up to season 3 part 2 then you'll understand why everyone loves it.
Mar 9, 2021 4:25 PM
Feb 2021
Almeidolas said:
Season 1 wasn’t anything special at all if anything I found it boring but after season 1 season 2-4 is really good and it just gets better as the anime goes on
Mar 9, 2021 4:28 PM

Nov 2020
season 3 and 4 is when AOT really shines in my opinion but if you don't like it that's cool.
thats what-she
Mar 9, 2021 4:29 PM
Nov 2020
Bois. He is 14 and this is deep
Mar 9, 2021 4:34 PM
Master Otaku

Mar 2009
Almeidolas said:

Season 1 was good, Season 2 was average.

Season 3 was amazing and Season 4 is following in those foot steps, just wait, it gets way better.

I felt the same way you did until season 3.

P.S. If you want some recommendations with better stories in my opinion, let me know.
- Justin T. Poindexter
Mar 9, 2021 4:47 PM

Feb 2016
GoZha said:
Almeidolas said:
Asked and answered. This anime didn't get its praise until season 3 part 2. I'm not saying "just keep watching it gets good later" but if you already enjoy then there's no reason to not continue

Not really. S3p1 is in the same level as s3p2 for me and also s2 is full of iconic moments like beast titan, armor colossal reveal, eren reiner fight and scream Pog
Just because you are doing something for someone else doesn't make it right. Kindness and beauty can sometimes become cruel.
Mar 9, 2021 4:50 PM

Feb 2016
I don't understand why all people here act like Season 1-3p1 were shit or Season 1-2 weren't good and AoT gets good only after that LUL
For me as I rewatched it few times all season are amazing since ep1 till the latest. Every season is full of memorable moments, chill moments, tear moments and hops my breath intense moments but yeah seasons 3+ are more focused on plot on deeper level
Just because you are doing something for someone else doesn't make it right. Kindness and beauty can sometimes become cruel.
Mar 9, 2021 4:56 PM
May 2020
İf you ask me, AOT is perfect in any ways... But I just cant help but to be bored :( I started watching and it was amazing. But at season 2 I got bored. Then I started wacthing again a year later. And again I got bored in s2 e16... Idk whats wrong w me lol. I reeealy wanna finish this anime but cant :(
Mar 9, 2021 5:00 PM

Jan 2021
I've always had this fear of being eaten and being inside the stomach of something else, whether it originated from Zombie movies or shark movies. That being said, the show always terrified me when somebody was being eaten and I like the terror it dishes out.
Mar 9, 2021 5:01 PM
Nov 2020
because s4 > s3 > s2 > s1
Mar 9, 2021 5:26 PM

Jun 2020
L0sMichal0s said:
GoZha said:

Not really. S3p1 is in the same level as s3p2 for me and also s2 is full of iconic moments like beast titan, armor colossal reveal, eren reiner fight and scream Pog
I'm talking in terms of overall community approval. I also like the first 3 seasons a lot but overall they don't get as much praise as part 2 of season 3 or season 4. And to be fair season 1 is great but by itself it's not outstanding
Mar 9, 2021 5:33 PM

Feb 2016
BlueSheDemon said:
İf you ask me, AOT is perfect in any ways... But I just cant help but to be bored :( I started watching and it was amazing. But at season 2 I got bored. Then I started wacthing again a year later. And again I got bored in s2 e16... Idk whats wrong w me lol. I reeealy wanna finish this anime but cant :(

There is no episode s2 ep 16 you probably watched something else
Mar 9, 2021 5:36 PM

Dec 2014
If you started watch anime follow the year of release, you will definitely feel something special about this anime as soon as you step into that year of release of this anime

If you only watch a few anime and straight away jump in this, you will feel like what you feel now.

People should create a guide on how to watch anime
Signature removed. Check your inbox
Mar 9, 2021 5:43 PM

Oct 2019
it's always a bad idea to have super high expectations when going into an anime. Although I suppose aot's hype is unavoidable rn.
╭⋟──────────────────────╮
"All problems come from the
human mind. In the mind, one's
consciousness is just the tip of
the iceberg. What lies beneath
the surface... the subconscious...
is far more vast."

- Shun Aonuma

╰──────────────────────⋞╯

Mar 9, 2021 5:45 PM
Apr 2020
sabervergarden said:

More like: s3 > s1 > s4 > s2.
Mar 9, 2021 6:03 PM

Oct 2020
MatheusMariz said:
sabervergarden said:

Nah It's more like: S2 > S3 > S1 > S4
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 9, 2021 6:31 PM
Feb 2016
Almeidolas said:

U just said it my friend the season 3 part 2 was the big turn up for this anime
And ngl even from the first season it wasn’t average at all
In the sequence of scenes in the fights in everything it was a great start in my opinion
A lot of people might say Season 2 was boring but it needed to be there for the buildup
JaneAlexisMar 9, 2021 6:40 PM
Mar 9, 2021 8:02 PM

Jan 2018
I'd say just give it a few years then come back and start from the beginning again. I'm sure you'll appreciate it a lot more.
Mar 9, 2021 8:07 PM
May 2020
If you keep on watching it gets better and better
Mar 9, 2021 10:07 PM
Sep 2020
I definitely understand where you’re coming from especially since you haven’t watched season 3 yet. I was the exact same after watching season 1, I liked it but it was no masterpiece or even a 9 for me and so I stopped watching. Then after having dropped it for like 7 years now, I decided to pick it back up because I heard how good season 3 was and I immediately fell in love with it after finishing season 3 which was perfect timing because season 4 had started literally the week after. But basically I would just say to stick it out until season 3, because that’s what I did lol. Seasons 1 and 2 are just good, 3 is great and 4 is about to be a masterpiece I think. One thing I will say however is that although the story is amazing, I don’t really feel that attached to any of the characters, not sure if that’s good or bad though lol.
Flax001Mar 9, 2021 10:11 PM
Mar 9, 2021 10:34 PM
Dec 2020
If you enjoy it now, you should keep watching it. It’s s3 p2 and s4 that get the praise. It’s how the show naturally develops from just a hoy wanting to kill titans into something far larger that makes it so good for me.
Mar 9, 2021 10:49 PM
Nov 2020
wakenowakane said:
MatheusMariz said:

Nah It's more like: S2 > S3 > S1 > S4
im pretty sure you two talk about animation rather than plot
Mar 9, 2021 11:20 PM
May 2020
One word: Soundtrack! I mean it‘s epic! there are japanese people singing (partially) in german.. and it‘s absolutely awesome and hilarious at the same time
Mar 10, 2021 12:38 AM
Sep 2020
I am sure your opinion will change if you once S3 and S3 part2
Mar 10, 2021 2:24 AM
Aug 2020
Because it’s pretty much designed to please the masses.
Cool animation, decent story and just generally cool things happening. Most people absolutely love Season 3 Part 2, and that’s because it has quite a bit of everything in it. I don’t agree with the ridiculous score, but Aot is by nature a crowd pleaser, so what are you gonna do.
Mar 10, 2021 2:26 AM
May 2020
L0sMichal0s said:
BlueSheDemon said:

There is no episode s2 ep 16 you probably watched something else

Oh sorry it was season 3 episode 4 then.
Mar 10, 2021 3:46 AM
Oct 2020
That's like saying I watched fma, I don't know why people say fmab is good
spixiefire_008Mar 11, 2021 10:34 PM
Mar 10, 2021 5:12 AM

Jul 2015
GoZha said:
Almeidolas said:

*coughs* yeah you weren't here back then. S1 was massively praised.

Currently at ep 7 of s1, avoided watching it for ages because I was pretty sure I wouldn't like it, but friends kinda forced me to start. At least it's entertainingly bad so far. I'm laughing way harder than I should at over-the-top sad yelling and tragic backstories.
Mar 10, 2021 5:14 AM

Jun 2020
Ghemotoc said:
S1 was massively praised.
Compare the score of season 1 to the score of season 3 part 2 or season 4. No one was calling it a masterpiece and being taken seriously when there was only 1 season. Yes, I was there back then.
Mar 10, 2021 5:24 AM

Jul 2015
GoZha said:
Ghemotoc said:
S1 was massively praised.
Compare the score of season 1 to the score of season 3 part 2 or season 4. No one was calling it a masterpiece and being taken seriously when there was only 1 season. Yes, I was there back then.

This is rewritting history massively lmao. SNK's been the big talk of the community since season 1, with tons of threads every day, an excellent place in the top, and normie friends recommending it to me.

I'm sure you realize it, but season 3 part 2 had 1.1M watchers when season 1 has 2.6M. Very obviously people who didn't like the first seasons are less likely to stick and rate the later seasons. It's the whole Gintama trusting the top thing again. When you have enough different sequels in the database at some point only hardcore fans keep watching and rating a show.

Besides, taking a quick look at the stats of the latest SNK season, one can doubt the validity of its rating and watchers numbers. Massive number of ghost accounts voting there.

To be clear, you taking fans seriously doesn't change anything to their existence. I still wouldn't take anyone claiming SNK's a masterpiece seriously nowadays... I'll be sure to stick around until the last ep to judge it fairly tho.
Mar 10, 2021 5:36 AM

Jun 2020
Ghemotoc said:
GoZha said:

This is rewritting history massively lmao. SNK's been the big talk of the community since season 1, with tons of threads every day, an excellent place in the top, and normie friends recommending it to me.

I'm sure you realize it, but season 3 part 2 had 1.1M watchers when season 1 has 2.6M. Very obviously people who didn't like the first seasons are less likely to stick and rate the later seasons. It's the whole Gintama trusting the top thing again. When you have enough different sequels in the database at some point only hardcore fans keep watching and rating a show.

Besides, taking a quick look at the stats of the latest SNK season, one can doubt the validity of its rating and watchers numbers. Massive number of ghost accounts voting there.

To be clear, you taking fans seriously doesn't change anything to their existence. I still wouldn't take anyone claiming SNK's a masterpiece seriously nowadays... I'll be sure to stick around until the last ep to judge it fairly tho.
Yes, it was popular during season 1, but no one that was being taken seriously was calling it a masterpiece like they were at the end of season 3. It was viewed as any other battle shounen. And @keragamming has made a few posts showing that the people who were rating it like 4 or below did not have much of an effect on the score. The score was higher mainly because people who rated season 1 like a 7 were raising later seasons at a 9 or 10. Look at something like My Hero Academia. It already has 4 seasons and has been more popular than SnK, at least between 2016 and 2020. No one calls it a masterpiece and the later seasons' scores are lower than the first 2. It's pretty much viewed as a pretty simple shounen. Sword Art Online is in a similar scenario. Gintama is an exception, not the rule.

A work's popularity and being the talk of the town does not mean that it is regarded as a masterpiece. Attack on Titan earned this title.
Mar 10, 2021 8:20 AM

Jul 2015
GoZha said:
Ghemotoc said:

Yes, it was popular during season 1, but no one that was being taken seriously was calling it a masterpiece like they were at the end of season 3. It was viewed as any other battle shounen. And @keragamming has made a few posts showing that the people who were rating it like 4 or below did not have much of an effect on the score. The score was higher mainly because people who rated season 1 like a 7 were raising later seasons at a 9 or 10. Look at something like My Hero Academia. It already has 4 seasons and has been more popular than SnK, at least between 2016 and 2020. No one calls it a masterpiece and the later seasons' scores are lower than the first 2. It's pretty much viewed as a pretty simple shounen. Sword Art Online is in a similar scenario. Gintama is an exception, not the rule.

A work's popularity and being the talk of the town does not mean that it is regarded as a masterpiece. Attack on Titan earned this title.

keragamming was also spamming AD about how SNK is a masterpiece and p e a k f i c t i o n since day one, and every other battle shonen "objectively" inferior to it, so I'm not sure what you're trying to prove by bringing him up, he pretty much invalidates your whole point.
You just sound like you're trying to present your personal opinions on a bunch of random battle shonens as facts. And a "lots of people think like me *citation needed* so I'm objectively right" argument doesn't help to make your point more valid.
The hilarious thing is that SNK fans were already like that during S1 lmao. I see some things never change.

People praised SNK s1 as a masterpiece, they praisedSNK s3p2 as a masterpiece, and they also claim Elfen Lied is a masterpiece. You can probably find people who legit believe Highschool DxD is a masterpiece. I thought it was common knowledge that there was no consensus on those things, but I see battle shonen fans still didn't get the memo lol.

About "earning" anything... We'll see a decade or two after it's done airing.
DeathkoMar 10, 2021 8:25 AM
Mar 10, 2021 8:45 AM

Jun 2020
Ghemotoc said:
GoZha said:

keragamming was also spamming AD about how SNK is a masterpiece and p e a k f i c t i o n since day one, and every other battle shonen "objectively" inferior to it, so I'm not sure what you're trying to prove by bringing him up, he pretty much invalidates your whole point.
You just sound like you're trying to present your personal opinions on a bunch of random battle shonens as facts. And a "lots of people think like me *citation needed* so I'm objectively right" argument doesn't help to make your point more valid.
The hilarious thing is that SNK fans were already like that during S1 lmao. I see some things never change.

People praised SNK s1 as a masterpiece, they praisedSNK s3p2 as a masterpiece, and they also claim Elfen Lied is a masterpiece. You can probably find people who legit believe Highschool DxD is a masterpiece. I thought it was common knowledge that there was no consensus on those things, but I see battle shonen fans still didn't get the memo lol.

I brought up Keragamming because of his analysis of the stats, not his position of how this is better than all other battle shounen. If he actually said that then that is not what I am citing from him. If you think I'm trying only trying to present my personal opinion then you must not have read the part where I said that if you look at the stats, the amount people who rate 4 or below is not high, so they would not affect the score much.

You also never addressed MHA and SAO and even brought up at how you're laughing about the backstories, so if anyone's cherrypicking data and bringing their personal opinion into the matter, it's you. Not me.

And yeah, bringing up what other people think is exactly what I'm doing because that's what this whole conversation is about. OP asked why people love this anime so much, not "is it objectively a masterpiece?", a question that I know can't be answered. I'm not stupid. People did not generally call SnK a masterpiece until the third season ended. If you did that during season one everyone would look at you and say "I bet it's the only anime you've watched", which sure, might actually be true. The whole "pieck fiction" meme only came up quite recently.

Also how are you gonna say it's battle shounen fans who don't understand subjectivity? You literally have NGE in your favorites. You're the ones always acting like the smartest people in the room with the most elite taste. Battle shounen fans are too busy with who can beat Goku.

I'll say it again. Compare season 3 part 2's and the final season's score to the first season. You don't see a similar effect with MHA or SAO, which are also massively popular. Gintama's score has been high since the first season.

Waiting for an actual counterargument
HoodKublaiKhanMar 10, 2021 9:08 AM
Mar 10, 2021 8:59 AM

May 2020
Lol Season 1 and 2 are clearly the worst seasons . Almost every fan thinks the same way . You could've easily seen it from the huge jump in ratings . Keep watching .

Something that’s supposed to die and doesn’t… will eventually rot away , whether it’s a man or a nation
Mar 10, 2021 9:15 AM

Nov 2016
GoZha said:
Ghemotoc said:

I brought up Keragamming because of his analysis of the stats, not his position of how this is better than all other battle shounen. If he actually said that then that is not what I am citing from him. If you think I'm trying only trying to present my personal opinion then you must not have read the part where I said that if you look at the stats, the amount people who rate 4 or below is not high, so they would not affect the score much.

You also never addressed MHA and SAO and even brought up at how you're laughing about the backstories, so if anyone's cherrypicking data and bringing their personal opinion into the matter, it's you. Not me.

And yeah, bringing up what other people think is exactly what I'm doing because that's what this whole conversation is about. OP asked why people love this anime so much, not "is it objectively a masterpiece?", a question that I know can't be answered. I'm not stupid. People did not generally call SnK a masterpiece until the third season ended. If you did that during season one everyone would look at you and say "I bet it's the only anime you've watched", which sure, might actually be true. The whole "pieck fiction" meme only came up quite recently.

Also how are you gonna say it's battle shounen fans who don't understand subjectivity? You literally have NGE in your favorites. You're the ones always acting like the smartest people in the room with the most elite taste. Battle shounen fans are too busy with who can beat Goku.

I'll say it again. Compare season 3 part 2's and the final season's score to the first season. You don't see a similar effect with MHA or SAO, which are also massively popular. Gintama's score has been high since the first season.

Back in 2013 I wasn't on MAL but so many people were already praising it as the best series of all time and masterpiece. Just because it became more prominent now doesn't invalidate that it was already a huge thing back then. Even many people I met in rl were talking about it. There's really no significant difference between back then and now, only that there are more anime watcher online in general.

You also gotta consider that people love to disregard everything said or done before just because they think things got suddenly better. While I see some legitness to this in terms of AoT's plot progression, you can't really deny that it's also influenced by recency bias to a certain degree.

One Piece fans for instance love to hype up certain milestones and arcs. Episode 300, no episode 400 is where One Piece becomes a masterpiece, this arc is the arc is where things get going for real and more random statements along these lines. Same people were saying the exact same thing about episode 200 or arcs before. These people have 0 credibility because they drop their prior held beliefs in favor for something newer or "better", at least for from their perspective. And you can observe a similar phenomenom when it comes to AoT

These people represent the community and general beliefs, whether you like it or not.

A better example of a series which got praise later down the line is Black Cover tbh. There's an actual contrast worth bringing up.
FMmatronMar 10, 2021 9:19 AM

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Mar 10, 2021 9:30 AM

Jul 2015
GoZha said:
I'm not stupid. People did not generally call SnK a masterpiece until the third season ended. If you did that during season one everyone would look at you and say "I bet it's the only anime you've watched", which sure, might actually be true. The whole "pieck fiction" meme only came up quite recently.

Hilariously out of touch and elitist bullshit lol.

I don't have to adress any point regarding SAO's quality or reputation because my answer was simply aimed at the "nobody praised SNK before s3p2". Which is obviously wrong. You can read what FMmatron posted, or just dig the forum for 2016 threads. Or you can keep spouting nonsense, presenting them as facts, and calling others elitists when they burst your bubble.

The fact that you randomly brought up the age-old "NGE=elitist" meme is priceless too. Nothing beats seeing an actual elitist call others that way lol. Because you in this thread = "haha s3p2 is p e a k f i c t i o n and my buddies agree with me, anyone who says otherwise should be loled at (like SNK s1 fans or SAO fans, or those damn NGE elitists!"

Bruh.
Mar 10, 2021 9:52 AM

Nov 2020
Re-watch it after 4-5 years...
Mar 10, 2021 10:01 AM

Jun 2020
FMmatron said:
GoZha said:

Back in 2013 I wasn't on MAL but so many people were already praising it as the best series of all time and masterpiece. Just because it became more prominent now doesn't invalidate that it was already a huge thing back then. Even many people I met in rl were talking about it. There's really no significant difference between back then and now, only that there are more anime watcher online in general.

You also gotta consider that people love to disregard everything said or done before just because they think things got suddenly better. While I see some legitness to this in terms of AoT's plot progression, you can't really deny that it's also influenced by recency bias to a certain degree.

One Piece fans for instance love to hype up certain milestones and arcs. Episode 300, no episode 400 is where One Piece becomes a masterpiece, this arc is the arc is where things get going for real and more random statements along these lines. Same people were saying the exact same thing about episode 200 or arcs before. These people have 0 credibility because they drop their prior held beliefs in favor for something newer or "better", at least for from their perspective. And you can observe a similar phenomenom when it comes to AoT

These people represent the community and general beliefs, whether you like it or not.

A better example of a series which got praise later down the line is Black Cover tbh. There's an actual contrast worth bringing up.
People get clowned on for saying Demon Slayer and MHA are masterpieces, and I think a similar thing happened during season 1 of SnK. People were around to call it a masterpiece but that was also met with "OvErRaTeD". Both are extremely popular but I'd doubt that saying KnY or BnHA is a masterpiece would be met with as much acceptance as saying SnK is a masterpiece.

Since some people can't read, I am not saying anything is or isn't a masterpiece. I am talking about how things are generally looked at. So if you want to argue with me then stay on topic.
Ghemotoc said:
GoZha said:
I'm not stupid. People did not generally call SnK a masterpiece until the third season ended. If you did that during season one everyone would look at you and say "I bet it's the only anime you've watched", which sure, might actually be true. The whole "pieck fiction" meme only came up quite recently.

Hilariously out of touch and elitist bullshit lol.

I don't have to adress any point regarding SAO's quality or reputation because my answer was simply aimed at the "nobody praised SNK before s3p2". Which is obviously wrong. You can read what FMmatron posted, or just dig the forum for 2016 threads. Or you can keep spouting nonsense, presenting them as facts, and calling others elitists when they burst your bubble.

The fact that you randomly brought up the age-old "NGE=elitist" meme is priceless too. Nothing beats seeing an actual elitist call others that way lol. Because you in this thread = "haha s3p2 is p e a k f i c t i o n and my buddies agree with me, anyone who says otherwise should be loled at (like SNK s1 fans or SAO fans, or those damn NGE elitists!"

Bruh.
The more you respond the more I'm convinced that you can't read. I never once said s3p2 is peak fiction, and I didn't say nobody praised SnK before it either. I said it used to not get the praise that it gets now. Sure people called it a masterpiece back then but it was equally met with tons of "overrated" in response. There are not nearly as many "overrated"s anymore. Look at Demon Slayer, something that some people also call a masterpiece, but is met with shit tons more "overrated" than SnK.

I only brought up NGE fans because you did that about battle shounen fans first lol don't be a hypocrite. Also I'd like to know what the fuck I've done that would indicate elitism

You started the discussion about the sequel effect, then I debunked you and suddenly you don't wanna talk about it anymore. Hmm.... It's almost like... you know you're wrong!
😮😮😮
Mar 10, 2021 10:06 AM

Nov 2016
@GoZha

People are still clowned on for saying AoT is masterpiece. People still call it overrated as well. The only thing that changed is that the fanbase has established itself and that it grew in numbers over the years. That makes it seem more accepted because circlejerking became more prevalent with afore mentioned factors.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» The GOAT first episode

Bolbysaur - Apr 17

42 by BETTY_ »»
Apr 24, 11:28 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 25, 2013

971 by Confessor0 »»
Apr 18, 10:22 AM

» Bug on the app

Jackson_rajkumar - Apr 13

3 by Jackson_rajkumar »»
Apr 15, 4:46 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 28, 2013

1651 by c444de »»
Apr 14, 12:43 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 27, 2013

940 by 4amps »»
Apr 11, 9:56 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.