Forum Settings
Forums
New
Mar 8, 2021 7:53 AM

May 2016
with a good ending.

Might be too specific since i couldn't really find anything myself but i would prefer that it basically just focuses on that. So no comedy or anything.

Something like "Kokoro Connect" would be perfect.
Mar 8, 2021 7:55 AM

Jan 2017
I'm not that into dramas, but one show that really outdid my expectations was Beastars. It may be really different from what you're seeking but damn the drama in it was great.

Give it two episodes!
REVIVE MECHA
Mar 8, 2021 8:18 AM
Jul 2018
ACCA - 13 Territory Inspection Dept. : This is a political drama so it could be a little boring but the art style and music makes it watchable.

Kyoukai no Kanata + "I'll be there" movie : It's really emotional and short. The animation is gorgeous and some of the fight scenes are really amazing too.

Kanata no Astra : At first, it will be like an "Among Us" feel, but later on it will be more drama heavy but has a really good plot twist.

Saenai Heroine no Sodatekata (both seasons + movie) : Seasons are pretty mediocre but the movie feels satisfying.
Mar 8, 2021 8:27 AM

May 2016
most of these recommendations don't even have drama tags.

Blind-Ninja said:
ACCA - 13 Territory Inspection Dept. : This is a political drama so it could be a little boring but the art style and music makes it watchable.

Kyoukai no Kanata + "I'll be there" movie : It's really emotional and short. The animation is gorgeous and some of the fight scenes are really amazing too.

Kanata no Astra : At first, it will be like an "Among Us" feel, but later on it will be more drama heavy but has a really good plot twist.

Saenai Heroine no Sodatekata (both seasons + movie) : Seasons are pretty mediocre but the movie feels satisfying.
no drama tag and harem and ecchi?
Mar 8, 2021 8:32 AM

Sep 2020
Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai or Anohana for short.
Mar 8, 2021 10:18 AM

May 2016
AkeldamaTemere said:

That has a shitty ending did it not?
Mar 8, 2021 10:26 AM

Aug 2010
Nagi no Asukara

Kono Oto Tomare!

Little Busters! - have quite a lot of comedy in the first season, mainly because of the cast since the stories are drama-filled. Structured like Clannad and Clannad After Story (which I see in your list)
Mar 8, 2021 11:20 AM

Mar 2016
Beastars
Say I love you

just wanna feel wanted by someone other than the police 😫
Mar 8, 2021 12:40 PM

Jul 2017
Mar 8, 2021 1:53 PM

May 2016
Shirayukin said:
Nagi no Asukara

Kono Oto Tomare!

Little Busters! - have quite a lot of comedy in the first season, mainly because of the cast since the stories are drama-filled. Structured like Clannad and Clannad After Story (which I see in your list)

I forgot about little busters. It looked boring as fuck so I skipped it but I'll try again.

When does the good stuff start to happen?
Mar 8, 2021 2:53 PM

Aug 2010
Kayle_x_Morgana said:
Shirayukin said:
Nagi no Asukara

Kono Oto Tomare!

I forgot about little busters. It looked boring as fuck so I skipped it but I'll try again.

My opinion would be a bit biased since I read the VN before the watching the anime. Actual story started on episode 4, but that's where I dropped it the first time. It took me a while to actually appreciate the anime, like later half of 1st season but I really liked it by then + Refrain which what makes all of it worth it.
Mar 8, 2021 3:14 PM

Oct 2014
Haibane Renmei - This matches your request pretty good.

ReLIFE: Kanketsu-hen -- It felt more dramatic & with a more satisfying conclusion than the preceding series.

Seikai no Monshou -- Each of the installments lead up to a good ending. Not super dramatic (though Seikai no Senki II had a pretty dramatic concluding scene).

El Cazador de la Bruja -- Not super dramatic (I'm hazy on the details though) but a good conclusion.

Maria-sama ga Miteru -- Well the second and fourth seasons match your request well; not so much S1 and the S3 OVA's (not that there isn't drama to be had but it is parceled out in 2 & 3 episode-long mini arcs).
Avatar: Anzu Kadotani from Girls und Panzer.

Mar 8, 2021 3:35 PM

Apr 2015
+1 for Beastars

Aku no Hana maybe? - it's more a Psychodrama and I would recommend the Manga but the Anime is good, too.

Araburu Kisetsu no Otome-domo yo. - a Romantic Drama with some Comedy aspects but it isn't the main focus.

Oniisama e.. - this one is really drama heavy so I think you'd like it.

Colorful - a movie but something you would enjoy, too. Great drama with deep topics.

Kimi ga Nozomu Eien - this one just screams 'drama' in your face, lol. If you want something super dramatic then this is for you, too.

ef: A Tale of Memories. - a Romantic Drama again but with little to no Comedy at all. I highly recommend it.
Mar 8, 2021 5:43 PM

May 2016
Shirayukin said:
Kayle_x_Morgana said:

My opinion would be a bit biased since I read the VN before the watching the anime. Actual story started on episode 4, but that's where I dropped it the first time. It took me a while to actually appreciate the anime, like later half of 1st season but I really liked it by then + Refrain which what makes all of it worth it.
I'm on like episode 7 or 8 and I'm about to fall asleep.

Is this like clannad? Shit boring ass s1. Masterpiece s2
Mar 8, 2021 6:11 PM

Aug 2010
Kayle_x_Morgana said:
Shirayukin said:

yeah, it's like how Clannad was
Mar 8, 2021 6:30 PM

Sep 2020
Kayle_x_Morgana said:
AkeldamaTemere said:

What do you mean by a shitty ending?
Mar 8, 2021 10:58 PM

May 2016

AkeldamaTemere said:
Kayle_x_Morgana said:

What do you mean by a shitty ending?

In what universe is anohana ending good?

I believe I watched the ending on youtube. Lol no thanks.
Shirayukin said:
Kayle_x_Morgana said:

yeah, it's like how Clannad was

Hope this is worth it. It's so boring. S2 better blow my brains to the wall
Mar 9, 2021 5:36 AM

Jan 2021
although i didn't like it all too much, weathering with you seems to fit your bill (it's a movie).
"不幸だ!" - Kamijou Touma
Check out my anime list by clicking here (it's public now).

More topics from this board

» RomCom Suggestions for someone who's seen a lot of em

Benassiesto - Yesterday

6 by RaiYou »»
10 minutes ago

» Almost cyberpunk sci-fi anime

Eternal-Destiny - Yesterday

4 by Zarutaku »»
2 hours ago

» Girls with guns and knives

LoveYourEyes - Apr 22

7 by LoveYourEyes »»
4 hours ago

» looking for anime recommendations from people who has similar taste

windyshadow - Apr 21

20 by windyshadow »»
7 hours ago

» Looking for Solo Leveling kind of anime

RiasuSama - Apr 16

9 by AnimeDownUnder »»
9 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.